Start by marking “Petal Plucker (The Flower Shop Sisters #1)” as Want to Read:
Petal Plucker (The Flower Shop Sisters #1)

Petal Plucker

(The Flower Shop Sisters #1)

The man I hate might be the first one to pluck my petals…

Confession: I, Dandelion “Dani” Wright, am twenty-six years old and have yet to be deflowered. No man has hosed my hyacinth. Fondled my freesia. Diddled my daffodil.

You get the point.

My excuse?

I was too busy running my family’s flower shop and winning floral design competitions.

Suddenly that whole pesky virginity
Published April 9th 2019 by Blue Violet Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Petal Plucker, please sign up.
Debbe 18+ It's definitely adult with lots of graphic sex.

Start your review of Petal Plucker (The Flower Shop Sisters #1)
CristiinaReads❀
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc-books
A brand new romance incorporating two characters that have a past that brings them together in the present for the best of ways...

Okay... but okay... Oh my god! I am so excited to actually write this review! This novel is one of those books that you were expecting something light and fun to enjoy, and when you start reading it and it makes you laugh out loud, you just KNOW that this is an IT novel. Iris Morland is a new author for me and I am beyond glad that I gave her a chance. This novel
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: April 9, 2019
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Petal Plucker is a FUN, quirky, refreshing, and HILARIOUS read. I loved this book to pieces! I read it non stop in one sitting because of how much I was enjoying it! This is my first read from the amazing Iris Morland and it certainly won't be my last. I am anxiously awaiting her next release in the series (I know it's going to be just as fantastic as this one).

Not only is Petal Plucker absolutely hilarious, but the ch
RentasticReads

Petal Plucker was a fun, flirty and steamy read perfect for springtime—it was all about the plants and buds and blooms in this one. Although as much as it had its highs, it also had its lows. I ended up feeling torn over this because it honestly had a promising start for me. The story had so much potential. And don’t get me wrong, there were moments that did make me laugh and snort a little—those plant metaphors were seriously witty and hilarious—and some that even made me go aww. I
Maheswari
Apr 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
1. Virgin h - check
Not big problem here but at 26 she still hold on to the H who , Mind you , he had stand her up on a prom night , years ago ( without any explanation) & went away with his ex instead then left the town to New York , he suddenly came back after few years , step in to her shop ( during those years were no contact whatsoever with the h ) right the first times they meet up the h immediately melting with how handsome he became .... someone please safe my pounding heart , melting t
Jackie
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Very poorly written and even though the mc is 26 she is very immature. The main love interest is underdeveloped. Just because a woman is 26 and a virgin doesn’t mean she’ll think about it and talk about it all the time. It doesn’t mean she’s immature either and it doesn’t mean she has to get rid of it just because
Ana ☾
May 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-english, 2019
THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD UNTIL IT FUCK IT UP. I'M SO MAD. WHY????

This book started so good!!!!, and it was so entertaining. It was fast, cute, hot, and funny. And then, the last five chapters fuck it up so bad.
Since the beginning of the book, you kind of assume what the eventual problem is going to be (though I was wishing it wasn't going to be that). And then when the guy fucks up I got so annoyed.
Like, this fucking moron fucks up very badly and kind of implies it Dandelion's fault because she ha
Shelby
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
26-year old Dani runs her parents’ flower shop—Buds and Blossoms—in Seattle, Washington and somehow, Dani is still a virgin, yet to be deflowered. The irony is not lost on Dani and she wants to remedy her virginity status fast. Dani hasn’t had the best luck when it comes to dating. 9-years ago, her childhood crush stood her up at prom and her love life has been doomed since.

The boy who broke her heart, Jacob, is the Romeo to her Juliet—their parents run competing flower shops and the two famili
Carol | tilthelastpage
"I get that. Sometimes it's hardest to admit the truth to yourself, let alone to people you love."

Humorous, raunchy, and refreshing. Petal Plucker has rightfully earned its way,in my opinion, as one of the best romantic comedy book this year, with all the right reasons. This is a second-chance friends-to-lovers story between two people who got reacquainted after almost a decade apart. As I was reading this, I could imagine a movie playing out in my head. Proving the author skilled wr
Kate R
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This was my first book by the author and will not be the last. This was a super cute, and absolutely hilarious romantic comedy! It’s the first in a series about three sisters. This one is about Dandelion (Dani) and her childhood crush, Jacob. She runs her family’s flower shop and he has come back into town to run his parent’s flower shop. It was a bit like Romeo and Juliet with florists! The parents had a big rivalry, that the kids really didn’t play into. It’s all from Dani’s POV with some of h ...more
Genesis Sheli (Whispering Chapters)
This review was originally posted on Latte Nights Reviews.

Boys who stand girls up for prom should end up with a beer gut, a large hairy mole on their face, and a distinct body odor that no deodorant could eradicate. It was only fair.

I had been wanting a light and fun novel to read. I got that along with full on laugh out loud moments from beginning to end! First

Jess
Things I liked: set in Seattle, the flower shop setting, an older (26) contemporary virgin heroine who doesn't have anything "wrong" with her, it just never happened.

Things I didn't love but didn't dislike: the sex scenes, which is honestly on me, when something bills itself as a steamy contemporary you're either going to get a lot of sex you really like or a lot of sex you're just meh on and this was the latter for me, which is a problem when it's such a focus of the book!

Things I wish had bee
Larosenoire299
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
2.5/5
1 star for the book, 1 star for the cover and 0.5 is for the flowers.
This book is useless to me.
Beautiful cover but weak plot and boring characters.
Why some chicklit books always have hasty relationship? I feel like the 2 main characters just need 2 minutes to fall in love and 5 minutes to have sex with each other == Chemistry and fluffy moments are nowhere to be found. I couldn't believe that I wasted 2 hours to read it in hopes of finding some cute moments.
lucie
Sep 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019, in-english
This was such a disaster!
Petal Plucker looks and sounds like an easy, light, funny read but you get a 26 yo girl who is acting very juvenile and thinks about sex all the time. Someone mentions ANYTHING and she finds a way how to connect the thing with sex. It was so irritating. Also, there are funny scenes but they are very artificially created and therefore not funny. And I will not get into the insta-love and ridiculous storyline.

Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

If you’re ready for some steam, be sure to check out Petal Plucker by Iris Morland, pronto! I always love starting a new series. Even better, if the series is sexy, fun & the books are quick reads. The Flower Shop Sister series is a blast. Iris brings all the heat & I’m here for it.

WHO NEEDS TO READ THIS BOOK?
Read Petal Plucker by Iris Morland if you’re in a slump. Surely
Vanessa (nessreads)
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

5 Stars!!!

*happy sigh* I’m in romantic comedy heaven. I’m bursting with so many happy feelings. From start to finish this book hooked me and had me laughing nonstop and smiling so big. I couldn’t get enough of everything this book offered. I’ve already gone back and read my favorite parts, but honestly who am I kidding, the whole book is my favorite.

Dandelion (Dani) is quirky and she embraces her quirks and without care what people think. She
Happily Mary After
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-april
I really enjoyed this sexy and fun romantic comedy from new-to-me-author Iris Morland. Full rec on Frolic to follow soon.
Taylor
Hmm...I've got thoughts, but I need to sort through them with more caffeine in my system. Let's revisit this in the morning, shall we?
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Overall this was a good read. Dani and Jacob grew up together. Of course Dani has been in love with him on and off her whole life. When he comes back to town they start spending time together. It would have been better if Dani wasn't so high and mighty. She could mess up but nobody else could. that bugged me. However, they got it all worked out in the end. I did like her sisters so I look forward to reading their stories next.
Morelia (Strandedinbooks)
*3.5 stars!
Tiffany Reads It All
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My holy grail of romance novels is sweet but sexy, one that brings on the feels as well as the steam. Petal Plucker is a holy grail romance! 😍

Dandelion (Dani) Wright runs her family’s Seattle flower shop, Buds and Blossoms. She finds herself in the awkward position of having a vase stuck on her hand one day when the one who got away, Jacob West, walks into her shop and back into her life.

Dani and Jacob have history. They grew up as childhood friends and Dani has always crushed on Jacob from afar
mara0b
Apr 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
The title is utterly ridiculous BUT this was so charming, I laughed out loud a couple of times! I loved Dani so much!! It was easy and fun (and quite... smutty? 😳) and I loved how sex positive it was, despite our main character being sexually inexperienced!

I really had low expectations going into this and was not going to pick up the next book but I'm definitely gonna reconsider that!

If I had to rate it with my novella-standard, then it would be a 4 star for sure, maybe even 5? But since it's a
Kelsey
Dec 13, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
☆ syu, the romance aficionado ☆
If I didn’t know any better, I would say that the author lowkey hates Dani.

She ended up with a guy who used her unrequited love for his personal gain. The Hero point-blank manipulated her. So, no offence, but I don’t see the romance ideals in this whole shenanigans.

I don’t understand the attraction between the two. This was addressed a little in the book but I don’t feel that there was ever in the book where Dani truly loved Jacob. She idealised him too much, put him on a pedestal as this perf
Cyndi Becker
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Iris Morland I've found a new go-to author. Petal Plucker is an amazing read that I can't recommend enough. In Dandelion Wright and Jacob West we get a love story built on unrealized childhood crushes, and an enemies (family grievances) to much more love story, and ultimately a story about taking chances and forgiveness.

When Jacob returns home to help his family run their flowers store, he and Dani begin to find themselves u each others company, and the effects are glorious. As Dani recounts
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

WHO NEEDS TO READ THIS BOOK?
Read Petal Plucker by Iris Morland if you’re in a slump. Surely
Tanja OMGReads
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
3.5*

I'm sitting here thinking how to rate this book. It has as much of likes as it does the dislikes. Let's start with what bothered me; I just couldn't for the love of me love Jacob. I mean his apologies were weak and Dani kinda just accepted them without so much of a fuss. I understood why he did (well not the first one) what he did but still...

Now to the likes: I loved the banter, the side characters (Kevin being my favorite of them all), the plot was interesting but had a lot of room to grow
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
4.5 stars!!!

Petal Plucker was one of the BEST romantic comedies I've read in a long while. It was such a fun and steamy read that I never wanted to end!!! Iris is an author to watch out for because she will make you fall in love with her characters just as I did. 💛 I can't wait to read the rest of the sisters' stories!!!
Ally.Always.Reads
Rating and review to come...
TheEuphoricZat
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hot steamy read
Jessa
The idea was fun, but I didn’t really feel a connection between the two MCs. I actually didn’t care for Jacob in the slightest.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Hung up on Hadley (Red Maple Falls, #5)
  • Pleasured by You (Love in the City, #3)
  • Redemption Lane (Crossroads, #1)
  • Play Me (Brit Boys Sports, #4)
  • Dirty Boxing (Blood and Glory, #1)
  • Spring Romance
  • Love Under Construction (Love By Design, #1)
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • The Surprise Wedding (Veils and Vows #1)
  • The Good Guys Box Set: Trucker, Dancer, Dropout, and A Trucker Wedding
  • Cupids Anonymous (Cupids, #1)
  • The Billionaire Deal
  • Match Fit (Love and Play, #1)
  • Captain Dreamboat (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #7)
  • The Roommate Agreement
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Fake Marriage to Her Best Friend (Make Believe Brides: A Clean Romance Series, #1)
  • Colliding Hearts (Hearts on Fire, #3)
A coffee addict and cat lover, Iris Morland writes sexy and funny contemporary romances. If she's not reading or writing, she enjoys binging on Netflix shows and cooking something delicious.

Want to stay up-to-date with all of my releases and receive free goodies only available to subscribers? Sign up for my newsletter!

The Flower Shop Sisters (3 books)
  • He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not (The Flower Shop Sisters #2)
  • Oopsie Daisy (The Flower Shop Sisters, #3)

News & Interviews