Start by marking “The Pawn and the Knight” as Want to Read:
The Pawn and the Knight

The Pawn and the Knight

(Endgame #1-2)

A ruthless billionaire determined to get revenge.

A woman with more to lose than her virginity.

And a sensual game that will break them both.

Gabriel Miller has thirty days to do anything he wants with her body. He can enjoy every inch of her, but he can never let himself fall for her. No matter how sweetly she surrenders.

Author’s Note: THE PAWN AND THE KNIGHT is an exclusive
Published March 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Pawn and the Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pawn and the Knight

Beyond The Covers Blog
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Previously released separately The Pawn and The Knight are the first two books in an incredible trilogy by Skye Warren.  This salacious duet will leave you panting for the third book The Castle which is already available.  Break out your game pieces and get ready to play a dangerous game of sex and betrayal in this thought-provoking duo.  Checkmate on the swoon worthy scenes and let the Knight protect the Queen in this drama filled page turner.  No stalemates will be found in the 5-stars for The ...more
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
A dark romance that needed to be read, needs to be admired, and needs to be lusted for...

ARC kindly provided by the publicist in exchange for an honest review...

BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Pawn
Skye Warren was a new author for me - I am so glad I found her. Beautiful naive Avery is left destitute when her father is ruined after some shady business dealings. She makes a deal with the devil - Gabriel. Or is he? Plenty of plot twists, smoking hot chemistry and an ending that leaves you desperate for book 2. Highly recommend this book.

The Knight
In my opinion book two in this series is even better than book one
Plenty of plot twists and reveals from Avery's family history had me intr
Stella
May 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh

It's ridicules how stupid this book is. I want my money back. I don't care that it was only $1.00. That's how stupid this book is.

April Symes
THE PAWN AND THE KNIGHT by Skye Warren are 2 books together that tell the angsty and steamy love story of Avery James and Gabriel Miller.
Their journey was full of many twists and turns, drama, angst, heartache, passion, power, mystery, heat , sizzle and romance. Avery was innocent while Gabriel was total bad...can these two even the other out? What is Gabriel's plan for Avery and can Avery temper the bad out of Gabe? The feels and steam is off the charts in this read. Ms. Warren has another hit
Sissy's Romance Book Review
THE PAWN AND THE KNIGHT by Skye Warren are the two books that tell the story of Avery James and
Gabriel Miller. Avery was left with nothing by herself when she found out what was kept from her after graduation. The only barging chip she has is herself which she goes forward to offer it to the notorious Gabriel Miller. Avery was sweet and innocent where Gabriel was the total male character that is bad and tries to fight the softness that Avery brought out in him. In these two books we see their r
Dar
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Pawn and The Knight by Skye Warren
The Pawn
I was on the edge of my seat for the entire story, I expected nothing less!!!! The blurb for the book explains the circumstances, but what it doesn't tell you is that you will feel every raw, stark and wild thought and experience Avery has. And you will, you will be on the edge of your seat, your heart will be pounding and brain will implode with every action, reaction and event that occurs.

This book is from Avery's perspective, so you never quite g
Heather Miller
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has both Book #1 - The Pawn, and Book #2 - The Knight.

In The Pawn, we have Avery James, who has been raised in upper crust society, she doesn’t know want or need. That all changes though after her 18th birthday. Her father has a fall from grace. Over night they seem to lose everything. Avery is now the care taker to her father who was beaten so badly the medical doctors aren’t sure if he will survive a year or two or just months. Avery has sold all the furnishings in the house to help
Thelma
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Pawn was Hot, intriguing, with a lot of twists and turns that you won't see them coming.. This is the beginning of the story of Gabriel and Avery. a story full of lies and hidden agendas that are keeping them apart. it seems like everything and everyone is against them including Gabriel with his back motives and past..

Avery is beautiful and has everything she needs except for the love and the attention of the person that she loves the most. she has been living in a lie, her father keeps her
Amanda
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YES PLEASE

I blew through the duet that follows this trilogy, and couldn't move on to The Pawn fast enough. I ve reviewed them separately, and after reading each book, for a more targeted review:
-The Pawn-
Aaagh- so good! After finishing the duet that comes after this trilogy I couldn't wait to come back and dive into The Pawn.
Avery's seemingly neverending loss is heartbreaking. This poor girl just CAN'T catch a break. Jesus.
In her desperation, and with altruistic motives, she swallows her pride
Shannon Mcfarland
THE PAWN:
I LOVE The Pawn & The Knight by Skye Warren. The Pawn left me speechless the first time finished reading it. I loved it the second time around. Avery James lost everything. She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and within a year of graduating high school, her world came crashing down around her. She learns that what she thought was here life was a lie. Desperate and alone, Avery is brought to the doorstep of the most notorious criminal in town. She must sell the only asset t
Becky Rendon
The Pawn-

Too many pieces in this puzzle
The photo is missing
The straight edges are all missing

Avery is struggling to put her life back together. It's like sand slipping through her fingers. One bold and repugnant choice seems to be her only hope. But is Avery truly making this choice? Is she going to be the master of her destiny?

What a tangled web, Skye Warren weaves. Not a big chess player myself, I was surprised by the twists that also caught Avery in the web. It was a compelling read
Dayang
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This my second Skye Warren ARC... When I signed up for this I thought this was something new from the author but its actually a trilogy called the Endgame Series that's just being released as a boxed set... and as it turns out, I already have this series in my library for some time now... Aaaah, the bookworm life.

I can't go quite into details because I don't want to give anything away...

Gabriel Miller is a ruthless businessman and one of the most feared residents of Tanglewood... Avery James was
Lisa Roberts
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Pawn WOW!!The writing is absolutely flawless, it will keep you reading until the end craving what comes next .Gabriel is a very secretive puzzle to figure out but everything you want and need .Avery is a very desperate woman at the moment and will do anything she has to to survive not knowing the whole truth .
The Knight The second book in the Endgame series answers some questions but not all but still keeps you on your toes with what is going to happen next,it will pray on your last nerve.
G
J_Mc 251
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know where to start with this pair of books. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. The base premise has been done before (auctioning virginity for money save the family home), but this story is so much more than that. Gabriel Miller is the type of character I love to find in a book. He is enigmatic, dangerous, and sensual. Avery is naïve but smart, which automatically makes her better than many other heroines in this type of novel. I particularly liked the references to mythology t ...more
Diane
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read The Pawn and The Knight when they were released individually and this Endgame series is by far one of my very favorites from Skye Warren. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Hard hearted Gabriel Miller is owed a debt and he intends to collect, but as you can well imagine, nothing ever goes as planned. Avery is a resilient survivor and the king will kneel before his queen.

I love that the author stayed true to the characters personality and didn't change them in the name of love. Was Gabriel
Alicia
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These two books make for a stunning combination, bringing the reader compulsive and intense reading. Skye Warren writes with such style and confidence, bringing her plot development and her characters to vivid life, that my focus becomes unwavering. The mythological references, the chess games, the intricate plotting augmented by excellent writing, the intrigue and betraryals, and the intensity of the relationship between Avery and Gabriel, the heat between them, building and building, make this ...more
CYNDY
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
*****5 Amazing Stars*****
Skye Warren writes with such style that brings her plot development and her characters to vivid life. I could not stop reading as soon as I got my hands on this book. Gabriel is enigmatic, dangerous, and sensual. Avery smart but very naïve when it comes to her father. Avery doesn’t know all the secrets and lies that have been feed to her but when she learns them it turns her world upside down. When Avery gets one or two questions are answered, five new questions come to
Jeanette Oglesby
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! So freaking good!!! I loved everything about Avery and Gabriel's story. Their story kept me on the edge of my seat with wanting answers to all of Avery's questions. There is so much suspense and hotness that kept those pages turning. I absolutely couldn't get enough of their story and these two books combined into one doesn't end in this book. I am so excited that there is more to their story and I can't wait to get my hands on The Castle.

I highly recommend that you read this book.

Happy R
Stephanie
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is only the second & third book of Skye Warren's that I have read and she has a fan for life. Gabriel & Avery captivated me from the first page of The Pawn. Their journey was full of twists and turns and I couldn't stop turning the pages to find out what would happen next. I am so glad that their journey does not end in The Knight, but that they have a third book to continue their story.
I voluntarily reviewed this book.
Ashley Hedden
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Pawn & The Knight (Endgame #1-2) was a great read by Skye Warren. Gabriel is a ruthless billionaire who only wants to get revenge on the man who cursed him. Avery is a young woman who will do anything for her family. Gabriel helps her but her will spend the next thirty days doing what he wants with her but doesn't want to fall in love with her. This was another great series by Skye Warren.
Luna Wompy
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Pawn and The Knight were originally released separately as.The Endgame Duet, and that's when I read.them. Gabriel and Avery take you on an intense dark romance journey and it's one of my favorite series to this day.
Rhonda Ziglar
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 FABULOUS STARS!! I love this fabulous book, I could not put it down. Gabriel and Avery are perfect.....these two were so tough and I loved their connection. This story had it all from sexiness, ruthless, power, mystery, some humor and love. This author has become one of my favorites ever and a must 1-Click.
R
A virgin auction
A powerful man
Lust and power
Lies and secrets
Ms. Skye Warren sure know how to sew her magic words to one hell of a story.
A strong heroin. An Alpha dominant hero. A great plot. Brilliant story telling. Gabriel and Avery story definitly cemented my love for Ms. Warren's books
Lisa White
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! What a wild ride we get to go on woth this series. What you think isn’t it and the twist and turns are amazing. Well written. Grabs your attention. From the start.
Leyns
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit weird.

It was all a bit weird to me with the chess references and the sinister undertones and machinations that are never fully explained.
reader
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good!

I like Gabriel and Avery. They kept my interest through both books. I do not know much about chess, but I get the reference!
Shawn Sluder
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting

This was difficult to put down. The storyline was excellent and characters complex. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Can't wait to read The Castle.
CLEO
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
An Amazing Box Set

When I originally read The Pawn I could not put it down. I was so intrigued with the circumstances Avery was left with and how she must overcome the worst obstacles to survive.
This is Dark Romance true to its every form!

Continue with The Knight! Avery needs to find her way. Book 2 - The plot just gets better and better. I just fall deeper and deeper for Gabriel. He has his complexities but you know deep down there's a heart. A heart for Avery?
Secrets, Suspense, Dark Roman

Endgame (3 books)
  • The Pawn (Endgame, #1)
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
  • The Castle (Endgame, #3)