Start by marking “Rage (Rogue Team International #1)” as Want to Read:
Rage (Rogue Team International #1)

Rage

(Rogue Team International #1)

From New York Times Bestselling author (creator of the Netflix series V Wars), Jonathan Maberry comes the first in a brand new series featuring Joe Ledger and Rogue Team International.

A small island off the coast of Korea is torn apart by a bioweapon that drives everyone—men, women, and children—insane with murderous rage. The people behind the attack want Korea

Published November 5th 2019 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Rage, please sign up.
Alexander Not really. Mayberry does a good job of updating the characters in the story in a way that is not overdone. It is helpful to me since the last couple…moreNot really. Mayberry does a good job of updating the characters in the story in a way that is not overdone. It is helpful to me since the last couple have been a year a part. I came in on the third book, read half of it, then went back to book one, and caught up from there. But if you start with this one, you will be good - BUT you will want to go back and read the earlier ones. (less)

Start your review of Rage (Rogue Team International #1)
Lisa
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
My thanks to St. Martin's Publishing, Netgalley and the amazeballs author Jonathan Maberry!
We are now Rogue Team International! That's right! Church, Ledger and the team's are now unofficially "of course" working internationally! I love it! To Heck with being under the thumb of one whacked out President. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Trump! Now?
As always Joe and his team rock! And as always I can never loosen up because I have learned that in this series many people die! I love that, and I hate
PamG
RAGE by Jonathan Maberry is the first book in a new series featuring Joe Ledger. This time he is no longer with the Department of Military Sciences, but leading a team of independent troubleshooters, Havoc Team. The new series is called Rogue Team International. This action thriller / military thriller can be read as a standalone novel, but the previous Joe Ledger series would give the reader more of the back stories of the key players.

Joe Ledger and Havoc Team start out by trying to rescue a
Faith Hurst-Bilinski
First, I've got to say that I love me some Joseph Ledger. How often do you laugh out loud while you are reading? The internal and external dialogue is so often funny, sarcastic, biting...often all at once. The closure of the DMS brings our "hero" to RTI, the same animal in a different environment with different rules. Luckily, we still have the same characters, good and bad.

This world can be quite complicated and characters come in and out of stories. Sometimes years apart. About a year back I
Matt Shepker
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chuck Atteberry
Recommended to Matt by: Chuck
Shelves: giveaways, arc
Thanks to the publisher and Goodreads for the ARC of this book.

This was a fantastic addition to the Joe Ledger story arc. He's the same guy with the same team, just operating as an independent international group instead of one that was, tangentially at least, an American governmental organization.

The core cast of characters remains the same. I wish we would have seen more Ghost and Toys and we saw very little Junie (which was enough for me). There are a few new characters that are very
G.
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New series that's really just a new arc for Joe Ledger & Team. It's a good thing, because I really like the established formula of these books. Anyway, I think new readers could start here. But I wouldn't recommend it. You'd be missing out on a lot of things.

This is a hard "first" book to review without avoiding series and book spoilers, so I'll just say this: it's heartbreaking in so many ways. Just prepare yourself for the good old action-packed Joe Ledger & Team hustle to save the
FanFiAddict
DNF

Not really a mood thing at this point. I'm just flat out bored.
Tracy
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
Joe's done dealing out mercy - he's only interested in handing out murder now. . .Hooyah!
Love every single episode, and I have to say this is my favorite to date. A plethora of deaths, torture, and plotting out the best way(S)to take down some of the most decadent degenerates Joe has encountered to date. Siblings, Adam & Eve are perfectly serpent like and a fantastic addition to stir a pot that's already boiling over with "havoc" and "chaos".
The ending blew me away and never imagined this
Horror DNA
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shane-d-keene
Jonathan Maberry won’t be a new name to many of you, probably not most of you. Author of the Pine Deep Series, the straight up trilogy of traditional horror novels that made his bones and started him down the path toward success, he’s made himself pretty much synonymous with franchise genre fiction since 2006 and his name is steadily on the tips of tongues everywhere in the horror reading community. He made his start there and cemented a lot of lifelong fans for himself in the genre. In fact, it ...more
 Martin
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book in a new series featuring Joe Ledger, RAGE by Jonathan Maberry is a non-stop action novel with an exciting plot and fine characterization. Though I have yet to read all the books in the previous series this one works as a stand-alone novel. It involves North Korean and bio-weapons. As expected, it’s up to the Rogue Team International to save the day. Will they? I didn’t expect to have so much fun reading RAGE but I did, reaching the end at a lightning speed. If you like tightly ...more
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
I won an Advance Reader Copy of Rage: A Joe Ledger International Novel by Jonathan Maberry from Goodreads.

Readers figuratively jump on a speeding train as they begin to read Rage: A Joe Ledger International Novel by Jonathan Maberry. This fast-paced story starts with intrigue and action, and barely let's up all the way to the explosive ending. Even then, readers are shocked and tantalized, left breathlessly waiting for the next Joe Ledger novel. It is impossible not to get hooked on this series.
Kim the Strange
This was another great addition to this series. Lots of pros and some cons. Certain characters still annoy the shit out of me *cough, cough, Junie, cough, cough*. The two new members were my favorite part. Also can we get more of Violin because she’s my FAVORITE!!!!
Danielle Saint Germain
This book wasn't bad, but It was difficult to see past the descriptive violence and vulgar language. It would be the perfect book for someone, just not me.
Brittany Larson
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for an advanced copy of this book.

I've read all ten books in the previous Joe Ledger series, and to be honest, I'm not totally sure why Maberry decided to start a new series with this one. It felt very much like a continuation of the previous series, and I mean that in the best possible way.

This series picks up where Deep Silence left off, with many familiar characters (Joe Ledger, of course, as well as Church, Junie, Top, Bunny) and some new, super
Debbie
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a new series name but it really is another Joe Ledger book and we see favorite characters from the previous series along with some new faces. I did initially find the storyline hard to follow as it jumps around between the past and present A LOT and trying to figure out when certain scenes were taking place vs other scenes was initially quite difficult for me. However, as the story progressed and we learn more and more about each character it all came together to make another fascinating ...more
Kay Mcleer
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, the characters were great and I enjoyed the plot of the book. It had what I was looking for in this type of book. I liked Joe and thought he worked well as a leader, I look forward to seeing where this series goes.
Ray Palen
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jonathan Maberry has had much success in his career that has featured a diverse list of both novels he wrote as well as various anthologies he has edited. He is a five-time winner of the Bram Stoker Award, the first for the vampire trilogy of novels that he burst on the scene with --- GHOST ROAD BLUES, DEAD MAN'S SONG, and BAD MOON RISING --- a different take on the over-populated vampire genre that is one of the best and most original I ever read.

However, he is best known for his most prolific
Slaven Tomasi
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
JONATHAN MABERRY is a New York Times best-selling and five-time Bram Stoker Award-winning author, he writes comics which includes Marvel, writes about vampires, horror novels, young adult fiction, teen books, children’s books and thrillers. Many of his past work has been adapted for television, some upcoming Netflix original series are also slated for release soon which is based off his vampire anthology. His upcoming novel RAGE featuring protagonist Joe Ledger and Rogue Team International is ...more
Banshee
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rage follows Joe Ledger and the old DMS team now working independently. They call themselves Rogue Team International and are no longer constrained by political red tape and politicians. The newest threat they’ve been called to investigate is in North Korea on a remote island. But like all of Ledger’s cases things quickly spiral out of control as various other places are hit.

The plot was action-packed and quite intense. The entire novel felt like a roller coaster as the reader was constantly
Soo
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, favorites
Note:

I would not recommend jumping into this book without having read the other Joe Ledger books. It jumps right into the action and there are brief summaries but not enough to give you the depth of know how that you gain from reading all of the books. That said, what a great book! Good pacing for the plot and dollops of the elements that I love in the series.
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
Joe's back! Joe's back! Gah, I love this guy.

However, I did not love (overmuch) what happened to him here. Two things: First Mr. Maberry, apparently you've been reading some steamy romance novels. Hoo baby! Second, I knew you were going to do something drastic - while I was listening I kept imagining standing there pointing at you and saying "don't you do it! Don't you do it!" Well, you did it anyway. This time my heart isn't breaking over Joe, it's for Joe. You're going to have to double time
Brian's Book Blog
One of the Best Books I’ve Read in 2019

I really hate to admit that I have not read the entire Joe Ledger series before picking this up, but I have read a few. Thankfully, enough to know/understand who Ledger is and a little about what makes him tick. The stories that I have read made some of the references understandable (though I thought Maberry did a great job explaining the scenes that he would flash back or refer to).

I’ll start my official review off with – I believe that this is the “real”
Kelly
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Goodreads and St. Martin's Press for the ARC!!

I have been eagerly awaiting this book for months. I had no idea I’d won it in a giveaway until the book showed up. I was incredibly excited. I’ve followed the Joe Ledger series for about ten years and even named my cat, Cobbler, after Joe’s cat. When I found out Jonathan Maberry was going to continue the series indefinitely, I was very happy. Each book has been new and exciting without the drop in quality that sometimes happens.

This book
Marika Charalambous
Full review at https://mysterysequels.com/book-revie...

Oficially, Rage is a new series, but in reality, it's just a continuation of our beloved Joe Ledger series. With the exception of two new members and the departure of one or two existing ones, all others are there, including Joe himself, Church, Bunny, Top, etc. The big change now is that the team is rogue. They're no longer working for any government; instead, they can now take on cases all over the world. And the case they invariabily get
Preston Halcomb
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Rogue Team International novels look to be an interesting evolution of the Joe Ledger series as a whole. To be fair, it took me a while to get into the writing style on this one. It is just subtly different than the previous entries, either intentionally or just as a natural evolution of Mr. Maberry’s writing craft. I was well into the swing of things after about a quarter of the way through the book. It was very well written, entertaining and thought provoking. I loved how the new dynamic ...more
Jenny Robinson
HOLY MOTHER OF!?!?! It was a slow start for a Ledger book (IMHO) but I enjoyed that it took the time to introduce us to the "new" organization. I always enjoy the Ledger books because there are about a MILLION little hints and easter eggs in all of Maberry's books but more so in these. I had moments where I thought I had it figured out what was going to happen (holding my breath) and in some regards they did but NEVER the way I actually thought or to whom. Those last few chapter though. This ...more
Darcy
Joe Ledger is one of my favorite characters. In all the books crazy things happen, but Joe manages to keep a level head, figure things out, get the bad guys and kick ass through out. A lot of that happened in this book, but I felt like it was all over shadowed by a few things at the end. First what happened to Church started things off, then I was leveled when as I saw how Joe spent his Christmas. I actually looked at where the audio book was playing, screamed no, then backed it up a minute to ...more
Tracey  Varvel
I always enjoy a Joe Ledger book read by Ray Porter. He’s an excellent narrator and really adds to the enjoyment. He really brings Joe’s snarkiness to life.

This book was good but was a harder read/listen. There was some repetition of the various catch phrases Joe used that started to annoy me. This book was also more explicit in some scenes that I wasn’t expecting.

I’ve read all of the books in the previous series. The “bad guy” chapters have always been a bit over the top with the disturbing
R
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: location-home
Wow. I didn’t think that a Joe Ledger story could get any better. It is clear to me that Jonathan Maberry is getting even better in crafting his stories and characters.

The ending. Wow. Wow is all I can say.

Did I mention wow?

Please let the next Joe Ledger book show up soon.
Kim Raccoon
I love Joe Ledger, but, the stories are getting a bit predictable.
Stephanie
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FUUUUCK
I know these characters are fictional, but I am so ready to open a can of whoop ass on Kuga and Daddy myself. How dare they?
« previous 1 3 next »

• Allegiance (Hell Divers #6)
  • Armageddon (Expeditionary Force, #8)
  • The Andromeda Evolution (Andromeda #2)
  • Right to the Kill (Harmony Black, #5)
  • Monster Hunter Guardian (Monster Hunter International, #7)
  • Dispel Illusion (Impossible Times, #3)
  • Spaceside (Planetside #2)
  • Sorcery Reborn (The Rebellion Chronicles #1)
  • Full Throttle
  • Extinction Shadow (Extinction Cycle: Dark Age #1)
  • All Gifts, Bestowed: An Artificial Intelligence Thriller
  • Cold Storage
  • First Dangle and Other Stories
  • Hunted
  • The Institute
  • Red Specter (Tier One #5)
  • Captives (Hell Divers #5)
  • Extinction Red Line (The Extinction Cycle #0.5)
JONATHAN MABERRY is a New York Times best-selling and five-time Bram Stoker Award-winning author, anthology editor, comic book writer, magazine feature writer, playwright, content creator and writing teacher/lecturer. He was named one of the Today’s Top Ten Horror Writers. His books have been sold to more than two-dozen countries.

He writes in several genres. His young adult fiction includes ROT