Start by marking “American Royals” as Want to Read:
American Royals

American Royals

(American Royals #1)

What if America had a royal family? If you can't get enough of Harry and Meghan or Kate and William, meet American princesses Beatrice and Samantha.

Two princesses vying for the ultimate crown.
Two girls vying for the prince's heart.
This is the story of the American royals.

When America won the Revolutionary War, its people offered General George Washington a crown. Two and
Expected publication: September 3rd 2019 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about American Royals, please sign up.
Joanne Pang There are three royal siblings in the story, and some other POVs, whom are not blood-related to the royal siblings. It's not incest. The siblings…moreThere are three royal siblings in the story, and some other POVs, whom are not blood-related to the royal siblings. It's not incest. The siblings aren't crushing on each other.(less)

Ishmeen
Jun 15, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I WILL READ ANYTHING THIS WOMAN WRITES
Cheska the Great is Not Okay
Am I the only one who thinks there's something deeply fucked up about a monarchy in a country that was colonized and stolen from its native people?

The reason why European countries, some Asian countries, and some African countries still have monarchs is because those countries were never successfully colonized. They gave George Washington a fucking crown? The point of the Revolutionary War was so that there was no monarchy. How are you going to have a King and Queen of America in the 21st centur
Yusra  ✨
Jun 15, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
YES MORE DRAMA
MORE BEAUTIFUL COVERS
Rachel Strolle
ohmygod i need the next one
Gretal
Apr 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yarc
I went into American Royals hoping it would be better than the author’s first book, The Thousandth Floor, but honestly it might have been worse. Probably the only thing it has going for it over that one is the one non straight main character doesn’t die at the end of the book, but it’s only because there isn’t one. Don’t worry though; Katherine McGee still loves to make marginalized people have great falls (one of the few people of color in this book is a Japanese girl who is in a coma). There w ...more
Desirae
I'm ready!

description
Sage Elizabeth
i wasn’t that big a fan of her debut but i did like her writing style and american royalty? yes please!
Taylor Ramirez
The more I read about this book, the more my political science mind cringes. I really enjoyed Thousandth Floor but I'm starting to become a little skeptical of this book.
ftnrsnn
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m lost for words on how much I love this book. I thought I had grown out of love for Young Adult Contemporary book since I never found any book that can beat “To All the Boys I’ve Loved before Series” but here it is – American Royals and here I am being so grateful that I got the chance to read it.

In this book, we’ve been introduced to 4 different POV which are THE HEIR, HRH Princess Beatrice, who next in the line to be the very first Queen of America, THE REBEL, HRH Princess Samantha, Beatri
Jun 03, 2019 marked it as will-never-read-ever  ·  review of another edition
George Washington would NEVER.
Erin A. Craig
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored this book! A delightful reimagining of America as a monarchy. I loved all the characters— even loved hating those I was supposed to hate!— and their joys and struggles felt familiar yet fresh. I can’t wait for Book 2!
Lauren
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was hesitant about this book - but holy cow! It’s AMAZING! So well thought out, dramatic, emotional, complex in a good way. It’s like a more serious version of Princess Diaries 2 (the movie) but about American princesses and secrets romances and love triangles and doing the right thing. OMG I NEED TO READ THE NEXT ONE NOW!!!
Isabel
Feb 06, 2019 marked it as anticipated-releases  ·  review of another edition
Me: I don't care about royals.

Also Me [wakes up early to watch the royal weddings and their interviews, follows them on Instagram]: Bitch, you lie.
kerrycat
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
another drama-filled, guilty pleasure read from McGee - I can't wait to see how this plays out, especially after that cliffhanger. this is one of those authors who does cliffhangers like nobody's business.
Melisa
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: royals, reviews
I was lucky enough to meet Katharine McGee at Apollycon 2019. At the time, I hadn't read any of her books but my friend knew her editor so we stopped to chat. To my delight, her new book, American Royals, was right up my alley. I don't usually read YA and I'm actually hesitant to really call this YA. However, I love anything royalty related, either fictitious royals or real. Katharine and I actually chatted about various royalty while at Apollycon (I'm pro Camilla for Queen all the way!) Needles ...more
Jessica
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review and more can be found at The Book Bratz/a>.

I was lucky enough to score an ARC of AMERICAN ROYALS at BookExpo this year, and let me tell you, I was so super excited that I started reading it right there on the show floor because I didn't want to wait! And I'm super glad that I did, because I tore through this book so quickly and just couldn't put it down -- I have so many incredible things to say about it, so be prepared for a really fangirly-type review! So without further ado, le
Mary
American Royals proved to be exactly the type of book I expected at exactly the right time I wanted to read it.  When I heard the buzz about American Royals at BookExpo 2019 the premise had me immediately hooked–the rewriting of history combined with classic monarchy drama was certainly intriguing.

I actually read the start of McGee's sophomore series in one sitting.  American Royals is told with multiple POVs; because of the 3rd person narration style McGee was able to give her readers in dept
Stephanie
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5* review to come!

Blog | YouTube | Instagram

Wow, this was such a fun and entertaining read! I loved every single second of it and it was literally the perfect summer read as it was fast and engaging. Perfect for that quick beach read.

I just loved the idea of America having their own royal family as well as all the court and political intrigue that was involved. However, the best part was all the gossip and drama that happened. I would best describe this book as a gossip girl meets the royal f
Victoria Lopez
Jun 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Deanna Bailey
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
American Royals has the juiciness of Gossip Girl with the excitement of Princess Diaries. Imagine if America after the Revolution has Kings and Queens instead of presidents; Princess Beatrice is next in line to become Queen of America. Her sister Samantha is fine with not being second in line so she can do whatever she wants and her twin brother Jefferey has the attention of enemies Daphne and Nina.

This story was a great alternate history story. Who hadn't ever wondered what it would've been li
Bel
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I *love* books like this, just love them. This was a great fun read, characters that you cheer for, a mustache-twirling baddy and... an ending that leaves it was open for book two. For fans of Royals, or anything by Sarah Dessen or that ilk this is worth your time!
Billie
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This may very well be the most Alloy Entertainment book ever.
Anna
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an arc of this.

A teen drama that was mainly driven by relationships with a bit of a political bent. Looking forward to the next one.
SJH (A Dream of Books)
This was a fantastic read. It is an imagining of what America would be like today if instead of being President, George Washington had been made King. His descendants would therefore be sat on the throne today. It is a book that will appeal to you if your Royal Family obsessed or even just love scandal, romance, gossip and a touch of intrigue. 'American Royals' has it all.

The story centres around the Washingtons - Princess Beatrice , the heir to the throne, Princess Samantha, the spare and the
Lacy
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Writers got to pick the endings of their novels, but Beatrice wasn't living a story. She was living history, and history went on forever.

A list of reasons to read American Royals:
1. Hello, Royalty 💁🏼♀👑
2. it's Katharine McGee
3. 😱 forbidden love and... 😱😱 there's only one bed trope 🚫😘🚫

I am and will always be here for a Katharine McGee book. I love her. I love her writing style. And when I heard she was writing a new series of course I immediately had to have it. 🤷🏼♀

Katharine McGee books are f
Joanne Pang
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Oh.

My.

God.

Katharine McGee's books never ceased to amaze me, whether it was the character relationships, plots, or most of all...

the shade of it all gif的圖片搜尋結果

Katharine hasn't disappointed in this brand new series of hers and fills it with super intense and insane drama that might be perhaps, even more elevated from that in The Thousandth Floor. Oh, and you never know.... Katharine is known for making readers say goodbye to characters... forever. At least one per book.

Let's break down some of the key characters we have and t

Mindy
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Disclaimer: I received a free electronic ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

The concept of an American Royal Family is what really piqued my interest in this book. Although I'm not a fan of books that take place in a political setting, this book didn't really focus much on it other than the simple notion of Beatrice being the first woman to rule over America. It doesn't get deep into politics which is probably why I was able to enjoy it so much because too much can make me b
Paisley K
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Obviously, you know how the American Revolution ended: after General George Washington defeated the British, he became the first king of the United States. Now, 250 years later, the Washington dynasty is still in power. Princess Beatrice, at age 21, is preparing to be queen regnant. Because she will be the first woman to ascend the throne in American history, she feels incredibly strained by the responsibility. She has to constantly uphold rigid guidelines as to how she must act, how she must dr ...more
Jessica Gilmore
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a lot of fun this was. Warning though, it's the first in the series so don't expect any resolution - and do expect to buy the second because it's Gossip Girl addictive.

What if, rather than becoming a republic, America had crowned George Washington as king? With no republic as an example would the rest of the world have kept their monarchies and how would America differ from the world we know today? In some ways, titles aside, very little. Technology, the education system, social media are
Emer (A Little Haze)
American Royals is a fun and frothy novel as one would expect from the blurb. It reimagines history so that George Washington became the first king of America...the background detail of expanding upon this alternative history is a little lacking though. I would have liked a few more nuggets of info about the how and the why America came to be ruled by a monarchy.

The story is told from a number of different viewpoints which was enjoyable but it also meant that it was quite hard to ever truly eng
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Be Not Far From Me
  • Remember Me
  • The Lady Rogue
  • Dangerous Alliance
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • The Bright and the Pale
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • Castle of Lies
  • Muse
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #1)
  • Mad, Bad & Dangerous to Know
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • The Light at the Bottom of the World (Light the Abyss, #1)
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • Crown of Oblivion
Katharine McGee is originally from Houston, Texas. She studied English and French literature at Princeton University and has an MBA from Stanford. It was during her years in New York, working as an editor by day and writing by night, that she began a manuscript about life in a futuristic skyscraper. The Thousandth Floor is her first novel.

American Royals (2 books)
  • Untitled (American Royals, #2)