Start by marking “Original Sin (A Crimson Falls Novella)” as Want to Read:
Original Sin (A Crimson Falls Novella)

Original Sin

(Crimson Falls Novella)

What drives a man to become a killer?

When Dr. Meredith Bowen gets the opportunity to interview Duane Tolloch, a man convicted of committing multiple murders between 1965 and 1967, all she can think about is the needed boost this assignment will give to her career. A seasoned psychiatrist, she is no stranger to the darker regions of the human mind, but as Tolloch relates hi
Published April 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Original Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Original Sin

Diana Lindoff
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read of a story by Greta Cribbs and she does a great job of character and world building, especially from the view of the killer.   What really makes someone a serial killer?

The Original Sin is the first installment in the Crimson Falls series. This is short, but spine chilling tale about a serial killer who believes the town's curse is ultimately at fault for everything he has done.  After all, everything happened on Founders Day, October 13 -- Crimson Falls is a town that brin
Barbara Hynes
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Oh wow!!!!!!!!!!! This was a suspense thriller that you didn't anticipate what Duane Tolloch was capable of by suffering the abuse from his mother for coming out a male when he was born. His story to Dr. Meredith Bowen as you on the edge. How could a mother abuse her child like that. But that one fateful day October 13th was it a curse or was Duane's mentality from growing up abused. It was a page turner, I could not put down. It gave me chills. Thank you for an amazing book G ...more
Margaret Yelton
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author, and wow it was a good one. What makes a serial killer? Are we a product of our enviroment, some will say yes some will say no. This book kept me turning the page to find out what was coming next. I would certainly recommend this book to others.
Serena Soape
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book the Series and it draws you in and keeps you!!! I kept wanting to turn the pages. The stories told by Duane are hard to picture but draw you in at the same point. Can’t wait for the rest of the Series!!!! 5 plus stars !!!!
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love everything about Crimson Falls!

In this episode we find a serial killer who seems to blame everyone but himself.

Nature or Nurture, what is your opinion?
Crystal Gray
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a mind trip! This takes us deep into the mind of a serial killer and tries to explain the why's. Could someone who did something so horrible actually be a victim himself? Pretty messed up stuff. It sure makes you wonder!
Amabel Daniels
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Original Sin is a deep dive into the mind of a serial killer. Wicked. Tense. And expertly exposed.
Teri
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow the books centering around Crimson Falls do not disappoint. This one is a recount of how one came to be a killer on the dreaded day and it's a good one. This twist starts with a condemned man being interviewed. Recounting his crimes he also tells his mother's story. This isn't the same as the other stories it's so much more tragic in it's own way. When it comes down to it it's more like the making of a killer. A life of physical abuse from a woman bitter with her own past is blamed for his b ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Original Sin is the first installment of A Crimson Falls Novella series, and Greta Cribbs does an amazing job starting it all off! It's short memorizing almost scary look into a serial murderers mind of how he became the killer he was. Was it because of Crimson Falls curse?! Or maybe his childhood?! Dr. Meredith Bowen is the lucky person who Duane Tolloch is telling his story too, so she can understand why he committed multiple murders between 1965-1967. His story was tragic, and yet, many peopl ...more
Gwen Shafer
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extremely interesting. This is the first book i have read from this writer and the first from the Crimson Falls Series. I can honestly say that it was intense interesting and far different than what i normally read. Strange things happen on October 13th in Crimson Falls. This book is about one specific person that was born and raised in this town. He personally tells you what he went through living there and why the things happened. Gripping intense interesting. On the edge of your seat waiting ...more
Annie McDonnell
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was enraptured by this story. To be listening to a Serial Killer tell his story and feel empathy for him at the same time was very unsettling to say the least. But, wasn’t that the point?
Greta Cribbs delivers a very precise story about psychiatrist Meredith Bowen going to interview Serial Killer Duane Tolloch with a film crew in tow. He is at a Hospital for the Criminally Insane since murdering 3 college students.
But, as he tells his story you begin to wonder if he is a product of his upbringi
Sherry Sias
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A different type of read.

This novella is different then the rest of the Crimson Falls Novellas. This one makes you think. A psychiatrist goes and interviews a killer from Crimson Falls. He killed 3 girls from college then his mother. It makes you think as to what happened to make someone do something like that. Does it stem from something in their childhood? Definitely recommend.
Debi Schmieks
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting view from a killer

Great introduction into Crimson Falls and the sign of the times when innocence was valued and taken for granted. Such a great story yet chilling and sad. Makes you wonder what really makes a killer do what they do and why.
Karla K Thompson
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well done!

Interesting story. One we have heard many times before but with a definitive twist. He did not blame his mother. Great take on it. Well written and interesting.
Julie Strier
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Original Sin grabbed me from the beginning and would not let me go. This story was gripping, I could not put the book down. Duane Tolloch's voice stayed with me long after I finished reading.
Bridget Hickey
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing ,suspenseful and kept me engaged from the first to the last page.Awesome read .
Rachel Renee
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delving into the mind of the killer was a thrill! Is it the town curse, or the fault of his upbringing that caused Tolloch to become the person he was? Started this book on Saturday morning, and finished by that evening...I didn't want to put it down!
Elizabeth Iverach
Apr 18, 2019
Apr 19, 2019
Beth Lechman
Apr 20, 2019

Crimson Falls Novella (8 books)
  • The Last Dupont (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • All the Dark Corners (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Flawed Plan (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Returned Home (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Sight in the Dark (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • The Stranger in the Woods (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Little Girl Lost (Crimson Falls Novella)