Start by marking “Peccadillo at the Palace (An Annie Oakley Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Peccadillo at the Palace (An Annie Oakley Mystery, #2)

Peccadillo at the Palace

(An Annie Oakley Mystery #2)

It’s 1887, and Annie and Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show are invited to Queen Victoria’s Jubilee celebration in London, England. But their long journey across the Atlantic takes a turn for the worst when the queen’s royal servant ends up dead and Annie’s husband, Frank Butler, falls suspiciously ill. Annie soon discovers that the two events are connected―and may possibly be ...more
Published May 7th 2019 by SparkPress

To ask other readers questions about Peccadillo at the Palace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peccadillo at the Palace

Start your review of Peccadillo at the Palace (An Annie Oakley Mystery, #2)
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it

Oh, this is fun! Annie and Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show are headed across the ocean to attend Queen Victoria’s Jubilee celebration. It’s not without incident as someone is murdered. That someone is a servant of the queen, and at the same time, Annie’s husband falls.

Annie believes both of these happenings could be related to an assassination attempt on the queen.

There is unrest in London with many groups disloyal to the Queen. Annie becomes an amateur sleuth, with the help of a reporter, Emma,
Ann Creel
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an inspiring and spunky character and a great story put together into one great read. Loved it and highly recommend.
Kelsey
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. I appreciate and acknowledge what the author was trying to do with this story, but I guess I just found it rather dull. I wanted there to be more historical fiction with the tuff between Ireland and England, but that was never the case.
Jaime K
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's two years after the events of the 1st book, and the Wild West Show is on its way to the American Exhibition in London. On their way, quite a few mishaps occur on the boat. Her sister Hulda is with them as a costume designer, but the 13-year-old befriends Lillie and...yeah. Unlike Annie at that age, Hulda was much more sheltered and thus more naive than her sister.
Buck gets a panic attack and leaps overboard. Frank and the Queen's escort Bhakta are pushed overboard...and Bhakta dies. Annie i
Ann
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Annie Oakley Mysteries #2.
I won this book from Kari's Swag Giveaway on Facebook. I appreciate the opportunity to read and review it.
Annie and the crew are on their way to England to see and perform for Queen Victoria. While on the ship, one of the Queen's servants was murdered and Frank's life was threatened also. Annie sets out to find the murderer. Lots of twists and turns in the story. It kept my interest from beginning to end, I did not want to put it down. I have found a new series to read
Josh
Dec 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book of the series and was excited for this read. The first book was a better book in creativity and building plot lines. This one was unfortunately, rather dull with little substance. The author overused foreshadowing which made the read very trite. There was more time spent on a particular aspect of the foreshadowing that if removed other characters could have been developed more or a deeper plot used.

Sad to say this is 1 star for me.
Annarella
It was a lot of fun to read this book. It's well written, engaging and entertaining.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Edelweiss for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Katie Thompson
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating Historical Mystery

Truly fascinating. Annie Oakley is a fantastic character, spunky and clever and yet humble. The mystery was great, and the emotional ending was beautifully done. Also, dude, Oscar Wilde makes an appearance.
John
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great story, again. Very interesting characters, and a plot that is a slow-burn, rather than action packed. If you enjoy historical mystery, don’t miss this one.
Nicole
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. Very interesting storyline.
Kaylynn Johnsen
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I met Karie Bovee at a writing conference. She was an entertaining panelist. I was intrigued by her Annie Oakley series. I bought the first in the series right there at the conference. I devoured it. It was so much fun.

I ordered the second and sadly it was a bit lower in my stack of books. It took me a bit to get to it. It was worth the wait. Kari's research is amazing. I learned new things about England's anti-colonialist past. I had never heard of the Fenians before and I learned new things ab
Aliona | alyonkazphotofrenzy
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
fun + quick read with charming characters & an engaging story. though not notably mind-blowing, nonetheless a thoroughly enjoyable cozy mystery indeed!

gifted via BookSparks
Jul 08, 2019
Melanie Bartek
Oct 28, 2020
Rachel Shanahan
rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2020
Sandra  Blackmon
Jun 17, 2019
Mary
Oct 13, 2019
Sheila Lafave
Jul 01, 2019

• A Drowning In Dulwich (Lady Eleanor Mysteries Book 4)
  • Knot of This World (A Quilting Mystery Book 8)
  • Barabbas
  • Paws in the Action (Jaz and Luffy Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Hippie Chick: Coming of Age in the ’60s
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Art of the Fellowship of the Ring
  • Royal Regard (Sailing Home #1)
  • Burn Down This World
  • Charleston
  • Deception by Gaslight (A Gilded Gotham Mystery #1)
  • Deceptive (On the Run, #3)
  • Killing Crazy Horse: The Merciless Indian Wars in America
  • Charlotte
  • Riptide (FBI Thriller, #5)
  • What's Not Said
  • Inside The Kingdom: My Life In Saudi Arabia
  • The Edge (FBI Thriller, #4)
Winner of the 2019 Hillerman Southwest Fiction Award.

Empowered women in history, horses, unconventional characters, and real-life historical events fill the pages of award-winning writer Kari Bovee's historical mystery musings and manuscripts.

Born in northern New Mexico, Kari developed a love of reading, writing, and history early in life. Her most treasured Christmas gift as a young child was a t

An Annie Oakley Mystery (3 books)
  • Girl with a Gun (An Annie Oakley Mystery #1)
  • Folly at the Fair (An Annie Oakley Mystery, #3)