Start by marking “The Fourth Realm (Ten Realms, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Fourth Realm (Ten Realms, #4)

The Fourth Realm

(Ten Realms #4)

The Battlefield Realm. A realm where sects rise and fall where the ground trembles under the feet of fighters from the higher realms.

Where riches are gained and Empires lost.

This is where Erik and Rugrat must go if they want to increase their strength, to increase the strength of Alva. They say that fortune favors the bold. This is the Ten Realms. To the Victor go the
Published March 22nd 2019

Start your review of The Fourth Realm (Ten Realms, #4)
ben
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not worth the price

For being a long time fan not just of this series but the authors other works as well I have to say that I'm very disappointed in this work. While the story remains excellent the production has gone downhill with an increase in price. For a book that costs as much as some paperbacks there should be no editing issues but this book is riddled with them to the point that it's distracting. If this trend continues then I'll regretfully have to stop spending my money on something th
Benjamin
Mar 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Story: 4 stars. Great.

Everything else: -1 stars. The book is completely riddled with spelling errors, grammar errors and typos (the author doesn't even maintain consistency on which terms/names are capitalized). There are so many glaring errors that they completely distract from the book's story.

Like many LitRPG authors who self publish, the author desperately needs an editor / proofreader.
Brad Theado
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, litrpg
The copy that I got from amazon was an Unproofread version of the book and no update is available. The author claimed amazon posted the wrong version but after contacting him he made no attempt to send me a good copy. Frustrating. It’s a good book but the version I got was almost unreadable with multiple errors per page.
James
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extremely entertaining story.

I truly enjoy this series and I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series. The characters are continuing to grow in power and develop into strong archetypes that are interesting and unique. The large scale battles where interesting and the supporting characters are more interesting than before. Overall it was fun to read.
Patrick Lytle
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
It's a okay story line.

The only thing I found lacking was the problem s in spelling. There was about 20 spelling errors. Most of them were in about 4 pages about
Andy Grzywacz
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good entry in the series, still in desperate need of editing

I love these books, the story is fun, the characters are interesting and the focus on crafting in the series has always been awesome. I will probably continue to read this series as long as the author writes it. That said it's frustrating to be 4 books deep into a series and encounter the kind of problems the writing in this book has. Nearly every review makes note of the grammatical and technical writing issues in these books. My own
Jennifer Kemp
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unstoppable

Can’t wait to find out how the Sha Fighters play out! Erik and Rugrat are still hilarious and still dominating! It’s not just the honor and focus, it’s the fun and camaraderie. It’s how the author has clearly thought out the campaigns and how to approach them as well as their effects on both a solo and community basis. He’s clearly got a grasp on life. “Even if I don’t succeed, even if I get halfway and it’s all game over, wouldn’t it have been one Hell of a thing to have tried.” (Er
Wilhelm Eyrich
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
I’m frankly a bit disappointed with this one. They spend what feels like half the book on a single battle and it’s incredibly drawn out. There isn’t any advancement in cultivation and things just kind of happen. The shift to modern day fighting styles is a bit weird and forced, their capabilities with production doesn’t make much sense. Looking forward to them finding more people from earth but I need a break before starting the fifth book.

The time spent on other characters besides the main duo
Rajkumar Pagey
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: litrpg, 2020
After reading this book I'm in a love-hate relationship with this series right now.

Ten Realms series is awesome because the main characters are fantastic. They are genuinely good people but at the same time they are warriors, crafters and city builders and much more. It's very easy to fall in love with Erik and Rugrat.

But in this book, the pacing was really off. There were even unnecessary recaps in the middle of the book. Felt like some things were added just as a padding. Especially the fight
Steve Naylor
Rating 3.0 stars

My least favorite of the series so far. This one was all about military action. It felt like it was fighting for the sake of fighting, instead of fighting to protect themselves. The army goes to the fourth realm to get stronger and immediately are fighting for their lives. It wasn't the kind of fighting I like to read about either. It was military campaign fighting with long range combat, ambushes, delaying action, etc. Since this book is about leveling and getting stronger, I w
Gareth Otton
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
This series is a guilty pleasure for me. It's not the best written as there is a lot of telling rather than showing, weird expositional dialogue from side characters, and mainly it's in need of a good editor to prune it down to the core elements. However, for all that, it's a great series to just listen to as an audiobook in the back of your mind and just enjoy Eric and Rugrat's journey through the 10 realms as they raise everyone else up around them.

The strength of these books has always been i
Helen M. Whitchurch
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Poor start. Good series

Marked down a star for many spelling mistakes and typos not characteristic of series. Fire body unpleasant concept. Eric had stilted speech in beginning of book.
Except for these faults it rose to series standards.
Vasgul added new dimension to series.
The two girls at formation school interesting subplot. Many such school bully problems stories ignore stupidity of picking on persons with unknown supporters and talents. Duelling societies are mannerly.
Sam Davis
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

Erik and Rugrat have helped to build Alva Dungeon up. With their abilities increasing, they find that they can enter the fourth realm. The battle realm, where only strength is respected. The fourth realm has never received anyone like Erik and Rugrat. Things will never be the same.
Taylor-Leigh Derchin
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
They were in the war realm and there was only one battle. They got control of a city and a dungeon by not fighting. My least favorite book of the series. I will keep reading the series and hope it gets better. I was just bored with it and in a realm that was built up to be action packed and it wasn't. They just got lucky with taking the city and dungeon which made it seem cheap. Also only minor characters died.

There is also so many different characters that is hard to keep track of. There are m
Stand Woodall
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Long and plodding

This book was a deviation from the fun storytelling of the first three books, and a trek down the unfulfilling road of monotonous detail. This book was full of dialogues and chapters that were more akin to a technical manual on ten realms logistics than to a fantasy narrative. It was a chore to dig through the pages upon pages of planning and description to get to the material dictating what was actually happening to the characters. I waited until I finished the fifth book to re
Niels Baumgartner
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely installment

So, just as a warning to any unfamiliar readers, this author doesn’t really edit? I read fast enough that it just turns into a really awesome story of epic proportions. Most of the time, I don’t notice the lack of editing but i also feel bad because with a serious final draft this author could rival some of the main stream guys out there. His books are that good in concept and his plots kind of hmmm along with a rhythm that is really comfortable to read.

Anyways, cant wait for t
GaiusPrimus
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: litrpg, fantasy, crafting
While the story itself is enjoyable, the same issues that were present in the Emerilia series and which made that series loose it's spark for me, have started to become more pronounced here as well.

New changing info dumps to push the story forward, inconsistent math, typos and broken sentences.

Most, if not all of these issues, would be fixed by having a decent editor do a deep dive into the story before hand.
Nuri Nelson
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Needs some touch ups

I loved this book and this series. I only wish that there was a way to get in touch with the author and let them know about a few typos and punctuation errors found throughout the book. They don't detract from the quality of the storytelling but they can be jarring at times. Still gets 5 stars from me. Can't wait for the next one!
Tony Hinde
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm worried about how much pointless filler is creeping into these books. I don't want to sit in on a chapter-long town meeting with no conflict, plot development or character growth. ...more
Logan Horsford
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Once we got to formation school, the book went into a bit of naval gazing. So much detail for a game nobody will ever be able to play - why?

Other than that sort of thing, it was fine.
Sydney
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it

The Fourth Realm is the the fourth book in The Ten Realms LitRPG series by Michael Chatfield.

I was expecting different war scenarios, going into this book. I’m both surprised, and not, that the Alvan forces have cemented another toe-hold in another realm. And hilariously stumbled into the middle a mess of abject proportions the moment they appeared in the Fourth Realm.

It will be interesting to see where Erik and Rugrat can take Vuzgal, with the help of their Alva citizens and compounding alli
Jim
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Erik and Rugrat achieve impossible things, changing even the dungeons of the 4th realm

Another exciting installment of their story, continues with a long fighting retreat, into a defense that is on the edge repeatedly as any good battle story! Beyond that, securing a greater wealth that imaginable and beating the odds to build Alva and it’s people up. A nation of experts maybe?
New crafting trials have entered many dungeons, challenging skills and precision rather than combat.
They have decided o
Kithkannan
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great story, needs an editor

Plot and story-wise, it's pretty good game-lit. Has good adventure and good moral, political, and social systems, though some of them could use more fleshing out.

Its major flaw, like most others in this genre is the lack of a skilled editor. Simple things like accidentally shifting from third person to first person mid paragraph, or mixing up singulars and plurals, or not realizing that a sentence is incomplete.

Don't get me wrong, this book is FAR from the worst I hav
Deacon Gray
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Erik and Rug rat, finding themselves well established on the third realm decide its time to asend tontje battle realm and pit their army against the strength of the new lands. Okay, more of the same. Two characters are OP everything goes their way, upstarts from the fourth realm need their comeuppance but this time its deciples showing their powess and arrogance. Other then that there was an excessive amount of exposition, and long winded info dumps. It often felt.like I was listening to two gam ...more
Melissa Jane
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story and a great addition to the series. Action packed and full of a multitude of emotions from sadness and excitement to anger and determination. The characters from the Alva groups fight and live together as their strengths and abilities increase and their trust in each other deepens to form everlasting bonds. Kept my attention from start to finish and I stayed up way too late reading because it was hard to put down. More Eric and Rugrat please.

Knocked down 1 star due to being badl
Alec Young
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Has a metric ton typos and spelling errors

I actually enjoyed this book more than the last one in the series, but when a he becomes a she and to is ton almost every other page with things similar to that I get kind of annoyed. One or two misspells I'll read through and not catch them. I know that but when I notice at least 30 different times words are wrong, because they're big errors like that, it bugs me. One time they're literally having a conversation and for one sentence they change the name
Bradley L Harris
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great continuation of the series

I have come to really enjoy this series. I really like the mix of town building with the more typical leveling up and fighting. The fight seem in Vuzgal seemed to drag on a bit for me. Though I think that the higher leveled the characters get in any series it can be tough to describe the large scale fight scenes without discussing the high level spells that the good guys always seem to overcome. I'm hopeful that Michael will find a way to keep the installation of
elinkc
May 17, 2020 rated it liked it
As always, Erik and Rugrat are fun to read about. Not quite as much humor in this installment, since war isn't funny. Still a lot of flopping around between many PoV. My biggest problem with this book is a bit of a Deus ex Machina the author has been using since the beginning: oaths. An oath sworn in the Ten Realms cannot be broken without serious consequences or even death. Yet several MAJOR plot points in this book hinge upon someone breaking an oath with little to no immediate consequence. Th ...more
Lyndon
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: litrpg-read
Chatfield is by far my favorite author now

This series just gets better each book... story wise anyway. Editing... Non existant, it's like some of the Emerilia books all over again. But ya know what? Who cares, because the story was so awesome, so action packed that I barely noticed.

In my reviews of The Ten Realms so far I've been annoyed by the branching storylines of characters I really don't care about. I read this series for Erik & Rugrat alone. In this book you can't escape the side charact
Alex
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was great! I liked and disliked some of story changes from the draft chapters. I do feel the changes moved the story along a bit more.

I think the character building was great more characters are introduced or become bigger players in the story. I really like how it ends. I appreciate the game mechanics have not gone away, and still an important theme through the book.

The book still needs editting mostly what I noticed was spacing after a period. There were also, at least a dozen spe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Broken Council
  • Inflame (The Completionist Chronicles, #5)
  • To Summon the Familiar: Familiars of the Phoenix Empire
  • He Who Fights with Monsters: A LitRPG Adventure
  • Pathways (Dark Elf Chronicles, #3)
  • Contest (The Stork Tower, #6)
  • The Quizard Mountains (Station Cores, #2)
  • Warrior Redeemed (Silver Fox & The Western Hero #5)
  • Land of The Enemy (Dragon Heart, #8)
  • Vault of the Magi (Stonehaven League, #5)
  • Stone Will (Dragon Heart, #1)
  • Remnant (Remnant, #1)
  • The Heroic Villain
  • Occultist (Saga Online #1)
  • Warrior's Oath (Silver Fox & The Western Hero #4)
  • Apostle of the Sleeping Gods (Disgardium, #2)
  • You Need A Bigger Sword (Metamorphosis Online, #1)
  • The Dao of Magic #2
I'm an army veteran who enjoys long walks in foreign countries and some good beer with videos games at night! I write character driven books for the simple joy of it :)
I have written a Space Opera series called the Free Fleet as well as a Hard Military Science Fiction Series, Harmony War continued in the Maraukian War Series and LitRPG series Emerilia.
Currently I am working on the 10 Realms Serie

Ten Realms (7 books)
  • The Two Week Curse (Ten Realms, #1)
  • The Second Realm (Ten Realms, #2)
  • The Third Realm (Ten Realms, #3)
  • The Fifth Realm (Ten Realms, #5)
  • The Sixth Realm Part 1 (The Ten Realms #6)
  • The Sixth Realm Part 2 (The Ten Realms #7)