Start by marking “Lucky Caller” as Want to Read:

Lucky Caller

With the warmth, wit, intimate friendships, and heart-melting romance she brings to all her books, Emma Mills crafts a story about believing in yourself, owning your mistakes, and trusting in human connection in Lucky Caller.

When Nina decides to take a radio broadcasting class her senior year, she expects it to be a walk in the park. Instead, it’s a complete disaster.
Expected publication: January 14th 2020 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Jan 14, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win an advanced reader's copy of LUCKY CALLER!

With the warmth, wit, intimate friendships, and heart-melting romance

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 25 copies available, 1392 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 15 - Nov 22, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Caller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Caller

Start your review of Lucky Caller
    emma
    this...is NOT the cover i expected

----------

PLEASE GIVE ME THIS BOOK

JANUARY 2020 DOESN'T WORK FOR ME SO PLEASE GIVE THIS TO ME NOW
    Hollis
    Apr 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: arc-tbr
    added this to my tbr so fast I sprained something.
    Dahlia
    Oct 22, 2019 added it
    Shelves: 2020-releases
    Emma Mills is just so good at being Emma Mills. This love was a little slower burn for me than her others have been but she’s one of the only authors who can make me laugh out loud repeatedly and her friend groups are always, always so much fun, and romances so sweet and endearing. Instabuy 4eva.
    julianna ➹
    Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    i need you all to know that this book caused my depression because (a) who allowed emma mills to create characters and relationships that i become wholly attached to and then like... end the book... ... ,, .., (b) i forgot how absolutely emo i can get over childhood-friends-to-lovers like ???? ??? ??? ?? ? (c) this made me feel painfully sad that my life isn't as delightful and filled with clever banter as these characters (d) this is officially my favorite soft contemporary of all time, and i REAL ...more
    Wing (bibliomeds)
    Apr 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
    edit: WE HAVE A COVER I REPEAT WE HAVE A COVER

so... life is basically irrelevant until the day this book is out.
    Ashley
    Aug 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Pre-Reading Review 8/19/19
    Am I disappointed this is not a classic Mills cover? Yes.
    But am I still in love with her? Also, yes. GO OFF, MILLS! Let's do this! 2020 can't come fast enough!
    faith ✨
    Jun 27, 2019 marked it as 2020-publications
    08/09/2019: Well this cover is surely . . . different than Emma Mills' other covers for her books, but I'm still excited as hell

06/27/2019: God I need this in my life

Blog | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram
    Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2020

”You gotta keep trying if you want to be the lucky caller.”

Lucky Caller by Emma Mills made me happy. I know that sounds like a simple thing to say, but in my book...it’s pretty darn huge! Fans, friends (old and new), sisters, parents, Hapless Princes (well just the one), and love fill the pages of this book. Adorable, awkward, still beating after all this time kind of love!

Our story begins with Nina and Jaime, childhood friends that for some reason or another have drifted apart. The
    Gretchen Alice
    Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I just love Emma Mills so much, you guys. This was swoony and lovely and funny in all the right ways. I stayed up late to finish it and then re-read all of the kissy bits this morning. That's how you know it's good.
    ava✧♪
    Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    added this to my tbr list faster than lafeyette can rap guns and ships
    Sana
    Apr 12, 2019 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts
    I know I'm way behind on reading Emma Mills' books, but this book uses words like 'complete disaster' 'awkwardness' and you know I'm all about those things eeee
    Emma
    I hope Emma Mills never ever stops writing; her books are like sunny June afternoons on the hill outside my house, like Christmas mornings, like waffles on Sundays.

Longer review to come closer to the pub date.
    Hannah
    Will Emma Mills ever stop writing the most perfect YA rom-coms? I bloody well hope not!

Full review to come but ADD THIS TO YOUR TBRs RIGHT NOW.
    rachel ☾
    ◯ Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
    Farhina ↯↯ The Wanderer Of Inked Adventures
    i have been seeing this cover around so much, NEVER GAVE IT A SECOND LOOK and oh just realized this is an emma mills cover.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

i am so shocked, because this is so noT an emma mills cover on brand and idkw what to do with it.

Its not weird but it just so different than her other gorgeous cover MY FEELINGS ARE SO CONFUSED? ARE YOU CONFUSED? HUH!
    Lisa
    Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2020
    Another amazing Emma Mills book right when I needed it.

What I love about her stories is that on the surface, they seem sort of no frills. Lucky Caller is sort of direct in its way. The story focuses on Nina and her family, her friendship with Jamie and her radio class. Obviously the story is so much bigger than those three things, and yet the book has sort of razor focus that makes the story skip by so quickly.

What you'll get from this book: humor, slow burn romance, hard family dyn
    Jillian Reynolds (Jillian Loves Books)
    BUT WHY DOESN'T THIS MATCH HER OTHER BEAUTIFUL COVERS?!?!?

Don't worry. I will still GLADLY devour this as soon as it comes out. BUT STILL.
    - ̗̀ amy ̖́-
    This book made me want to read everything Emma Mills has ever written. It was so sweet and cute and had such good vibes to it. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cute, fun read. It honestly kinda reminded me of radio rebel a little bit and I was living for it. Also this cover is to die for excusez-moi mam
    MMill
    Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Nina kind of has a lot going on. Her mom is getting engaged, her big sister is struggling with college, and she is about to tackle her school's favorite radio broadcasting class with the shadow of her famous radio DJ dad hanging over her head. Big changes are coming all over the place, and she is just not feeling any of it. Then, to add insult to injury, her radio class teacher puts her in a group with her former best guy friend who she hasn't really talked to in a few years since that awkward t ...more
    Em
    Sep 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
    This cover is gorgeous, but it doesn’t match the other four Emma Mills books, which is kind of irritating. Also, why did NO ONE tell me about this?? I love Emma Mills so much. I must have this now.
    michelle (magical reads)

As usual, how can I even quantify my love for an Emma Mills book into words? It’s impossible, really. I mean, I’ve tried, but I don’t think they’re completely accurate depictions of what these books mean to me. They’re so special and close to my heart, and Lucky Caller was no exception. In fact, there were so many small personal details (names, etc.) that felt like they were taken from my life that I don’t even feel comfortable sharing them because they’re so personal.
    Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
    Thank you Macmillan and Henry Holt for the ARC.
    This is Lava (MardyBum) ★★★★☆
    tihs cover? why are you hurting us like this? why would you do this?
    mith
    I’m so emo, reading Emma Mills makes me feel so full of JOY!!!
    || Soph ||
    Aug 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
    GET IN MY HANDS RIGHT NOW ERFCNGFHCX

*sometime in october*: cOMING BACK TO SAY HELLO IM READY FOR THIS TO COME OUT OKAY
    Chloe
    Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
    *Spoiler free*

This was the first Emma Mills book I've read! I've seen so many people love her other books, but for some reason I thought she wrote heavier contemporaries and I guess I thought they were the types of books I wouldn't like. I was wrong though haha. Plus, this one sounded really, really good. Complicated best friends-to-lovers and radio sounds like an amazing combination and it was enough to get me to want to try it.

I am so glad I've finally read an Emma Mill
    Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
    Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

Lucky Caller is one of those books that I just want to scream, “I loved it! I loved it! I loved it!” and be done with the review. The whole thing was just so darn good and I loved everything about it. I mean, you don’t really need to know anything else right? Don’t worry. I won’t do that to you. Instead, I’m going to give you a list of what makes Lucky Caller so freaking fabulous.

rae ✌️
    "I thought of what Sasha had said: 'It doesn't devalue what you had with them, the stuff you experienced, the time you spent together. That's still valid, even if it wasn't built to last.' "

I received an ARC from Netgalley and Macmillan Children's Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review.

hi, yes, police? i'd like to report a theft. this book had the audacity to STEAL MY HEART??? HOW DARE???

gracious, where do i even begin with this beauty? first off, i've never read an emma mills
    Seanean
    Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
    It's Nina's senior year and everything is about to change. Not only is she getting ready for college, but her mom is getting remarried and moving the family out of the apartment they have called home for so long.

Since it's a time of change, Nina decides to take a chance on the radio broadcasting class offered at her school. What she doesn't expect is her ex-friend and current neighbor sharing the class with her, being in her radio group, and still giving her those feelings she'd had
    Anna
    Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Disclaimer: I received a DRC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Nina has just one semester left of high school. She’s enrolled in a radio broadcasting class, but much to her annoyance, she doesn’t have friends in this class. As she watches everyone else pair off into teams of four, she quickly pairs up with someone she remembers from an old class, and they join up with another pair. Unfortunately for her, this means that she’ll be working with Jamie who used to be a frie

• Tweet Cute
    • The Lady Rogue
    • Only Mostly Devastated
    • 10 Blind Dates
    • Don't Date Rosa Santos
    • The Shadows Between Us
    • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
    • How to Speak Boy
    • Slay
    • The Okay Witch
    • Mooncakes
    • Throw Like a Girl
    • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
    Emma Mills is an author better known to her subscribers as vlogger Elmify. She is also cocreator and cohost of the "life skills" channel How to Adult, which ended in 2016.