Jump to ratings and reviews

Gone by Nightfall

A young woman is torn between her home and her dreams during the Russian Revolution.

It’s 1917, and Charlotte Mason is determined to make a life for herself in czarist Russia. When her mother dies, Charlotte is forced to put her plans to go to medical school aside to care for her unruly siblings. Then a handsome new tutor arrives. Charlotte has high hopes that he’ll stay, freeing her up to follow her dreams of becoming a doctor. But there’s more to Dmitri that meets the eye.

Just when she thinks she can get her life back, Russia descends into revolution and chaos. Now, not only does Charlotte need to leave Russia, she needs to get her siblings out too--and fast.

Can Charlotte flee Russia, keep her siblings safe, and uncover Dmitri’s many secrets before she runs out of time?

304 pages, Hardcover

21 books81 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
16 (11%)
1 star
1 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 49 reviews
Profile Image for Jasmine from How Useful It Is.
1,218 reviews335 followers
February 5, 2020
This book is a great read despite my lack of interest in war and politics. I like Charlotte's attitude on boyfriends during the war because she thought there was no point on getting to know of handsome soldiers and time spent on correspondences until sooner or later she will receive news of their death in battle. I like her family full of siblings. Definitely interesting to be reminded of how historically wealthy family hire in-house tutors for their children. Additionally, the children are talented with languages, musical instruments, and riding horses. I'm surprised of how many staffs a household could have.

This book is told in the first person point of view following Charlotte, nurse and General's daughter, as she sneaked out of a party to meet her friend Raisa to buy laudanum, a type of black market medicine for the patients at the hospital her mother founded. The hospital only treats female patients. Her stepfather is a retired general and a count. Her step uncle, a Baron, didn't like her and kept a close eyes on her and accused her of activities with revolutionaries. She has to be careful because if she's caught with the radicals or in association of, she could get in trouble. There are spies everywhere. One revolutionary flyer made her think that the writer is actually one of her brothers.

Gone by Nightfall is well written and a fast paced read. I always loved it when the title of the book came from a sentence in the story and this one has it, twice even. I forgot a lot of my history lessons from school so it's a good reminder to get it from this book. Definitely brutal to survive during a war as a civilian. I loved the main character. She's a quick thinker and the best big sister. I like that this book portrays how a loving relationship between stepfather and stepdaughter. I have only heard scary stories of stepfamilies growing up. The ending is not my most favorite because I would like a family reunion, but it's up to readers' interpretation. Still an excellent read and I highly recommend everyone to read this book!

xoxo, Jasmine at www.howusefulitis.wordpress.com for more details
Thanks again Fierce Reads for the opportunity to read and review.
Profile Image for Historical Fiction.
919 reviews568 followers
September 10, 2021
Find this and other Historical Fiction Reviews and Content at: https://historicalfictionreader.blogs...

If you’ve come to my review in hopes of seeing a novel destroyed, you’ve come to the wrong place. I hate to disappoint, but I’ve no intention of trashing Dee Garretson’s GONE BY NIGHTFALL. As a younger reviewer, I’d have gladly mounted my soapbox to vent my frustrations like a screaming banshee, but ten years in this gig have cooled my sense of rage.

I came to this book wanting a meaty historical, something that captured the nuance of the Russian Revolution, and GONE BY NIGHTFALL is designed as more of a primer. The research is solidly presented, but it’s tempered for an audience less familiar with the material, a fact I probably should have expected in a genre designed for readers ages twelve to eighteen.

Now, I could blame Garretson for failing to meet expectations shaped by Gortner’s THE ROMANOV EMPRESS and Alexander’s RASPUTIN’S DAUGHTER, but I don’t feel that is a particularly fair comparison to make. I’m not saying adults can’t read and enjoy young adult fiction - the genre has produced some genuinely fantastic works - but these authors have to operate in parameters that don’t apply to the adult market, and that reality ofttimes prevents them from capturing the complexities that appeal to my tastes.

Garretson’s work is perfectly appropriate to her audience, but I am not part of that demographic and couldn’t rouse my enthusiasm for this one. I’d have absolutely no trouble recommending GONE BEFORE NIGHTFALL to younger readers or diehard fans of the young adult genre, but I’d be hard-pressed to offer the title to anyone with a taste for intricate or fast-paced storytelling.
Profile Image for Jessica.
1,071 reviews218 followers
January 11, 2020
Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Review can also be found here at Booked J.

As always, a copy of this book was provided by the publisher or author in exchange for my honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any way.

Vivid and imaginative. Historical fiction at its brightest. We all know that historical based fiction can be hit or miss due to inaccuracies, lack of passion in the world as it was, nonsensical elements or general slowness but Gone by Nightfall isn't one of those novels. In fact, there isn't even a moment of slowness to be found in the way Dee Garretson writes.

Sometimes, you feel breathless in the prose. Breathless by how quickly Gone by Nightfall is able to move forward. Such is life, such is fiction--sometimes, we blink, and things are suddenly happening. I think this quality is what I loved most about the novel. It made for an addictive pace.

Nearly every page is compelling. Pure historical indulgence. Garretson's writing is simple, lyrical, thus making it easy for readers to glide into. This is one of the only YA novels I've read set during this era, as of late, which says a lot for what sets it apart.

Although there are flaws in some moments of development--ex: the main relationship, some other blink and you'll miss it moments--it never truly suffers for this. Garretson deftly moves the plot forward and keeps the pages turning freely. By the end, readers will wish for a little more. When I closed its final page, I found myself sighing, wishing for just one more moment in it.

From heart-pounding moments of danger, delectable prose, and just the right amount of romance, I can't really say too much negatives about this one. I felt as though Charlotte was entwined in my head just as we are in her world. I genuinely enjoyed her ambition and the amount of tension she held with Dimitri.

Ultimately Gone by Nightfall utilizes its historical setting beautifully and intrigues further by creating characters that are secretive, dramatic and filled with intensity. This is a story of love, coming of age, family and revolution. If you love stories that blend together romance and richly drawn history, you're going to devour this one.
Profile Image for ʙᴇʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。..
199 reviews98 followers
May 13, 2020
A clean YA fiction set in a turbulent time in Russia in a fascinating period in history.
I liked the heroine Charlotte and her wish to become a doctor in a time when a woman could only be a nurse. It had a beautiful setting and I enjoyed Charlotte's family very much and hence I'm a bit disappointed that everyone but Charlotte was lightly characterized. Dmitri was an interesting love interest and I really wanted him to have more interaction with Charlotte, but I need to feel a bit more complexity and depth from him.
Overall, an enjoyable book that could have been more, but it wasn't. I would like to read a sequel or spin-off.
P.s- The cover is absolutely lovely!

ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review (Thank you!)
Profile Image for Alyson  L.
146 reviews53 followers
January 23, 2020
What an amazingly well-written historical fiction book - and it's done with teens in mind! Do you know how rare that is? I was drawn in from the very beginning by the descriptions of the setting. I cannot imagine living in Russia at the time of the Revolution but Ms. Garretson painted a clear picture of the upheaval, tension, and terror that existed at that time.

The characters were amazing and made the story. Charlotte was so relatable, someone I could truly sympathize with. Dmitri was a unique love interest. He found himself in such a conundrum and his struggles were quite fascinating. I loved their romance.

The story was filled with seriously page-turning tension. I appreciated all of the historical detailing that Ms. Garretson did. It is always what primarily appeals to me as a reader and I read a lot of Historical Fiction. It's an easy way to learn history and this is a truly epic tale, perfect for middle school readers and up.

5 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
1 🔥

Disclaimer
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
390 reviews5 followers
December 9, 2019
I really appreciated the period and location details - it really brought a specificity to the narrative. I will say that things went at an absolutely breakneck pace. This did feel authentic to Charlotte's character as the person juggling a million plates mostly on her own, as well as reflecting the upheaval and rapid changes of the Russian Revolutionary period, but it also didn't leave much time to settle into the story or connect with most of the characters. (At one point Celeste tells Charlotte that she's "like a daughter to her" and I was like, "really??") Even Dmitri was pretty lightly characterized, especially for a love interest. He was nice, somewhat intellectual and/or revolutionary, and showed up whenever Charlotte was in trouble, but I couldn't help but feel that she liked him mostly because he was the only person who seemed to actually look to help her with things. There was a vagueness to their ending, as well as the ending in general (is the family safely reunited? How do they feel about the longterm change of Russian society? Does Miles last long enough to find effective treatment) but I actually didn't mind it. I was more off-put by the way there seemed to be hints that plotlines would flower into something more (Miles and Raisa, the reporter and his whole bit) that never really did. Overall an interesting read from a historical standpoint but hard to fully engage with on a character level.
Profile Image for CR.
2,720 reviews28 followers
January 21, 2020
This was an amazing look at the life of one teen trying to keep afloat a hospital her mother made, her siblings, and step-father. All while keeping everyone out of the clutches of the secret police. I had an amazing time reading this one and can not wait to see what else this author has in store for readers. This was a great stand alone but I could see the author coming back and doing another companion novel. I loved the characters and the story and just the fast pacing of the story. If you are looking for a new historical title to dive into look no further than this one right here.

Go Into This One Knowing: Russia
Profile Image for Nofreeusernames Nofreeusernames.
Author 4 books1,280 followers
February 6, 2020
Nejvíc fascinující jsou na téhle knížce kulisy – pád cara a nástup bolševismu očima rodiny bývalého generála ruské armády, zejména tedy nejstarší nevlastní sestry, která je Američanka. Zima v Petrohradu, demonstrace, tajná policie, sledování, zatýkání, strach, politické hry a láska (ale není to historická romance skrz naskrz). Totální masakr je poslední třetina knihy, kde se kazí všechno, co se může kazit a člověk u toho občas ani nedýchá. Akorát je teda ta holka až podezřele odolná, na to, co všechno řeší. Taková superhrdinka, co se oklepe raz dva, pohodička a hoďte po ní další průšvih. Nemá hloubku, je akorát úžasná a hezká a dějou se jí nepěkné věci.
Profile Image for Michaela.
109 reviews
June 19, 2021
3.5 stars. I liked the bones of this book, but it could’ve have been filled out more and packed more of an emotional punch. I really loved Charlotte, which is why I kept reading. Overall, it was very interesting, but there were a couple plot points that made me ???
Profile Image for Rebecca.
4,555 reviews177 followers
January 18, 2022
An exciting and well-done historical fiction taking place in Petrograd, Russia in 1917. Includes notes at the end about several real stories that inspired this one. I wished for a glossary a couple times. Perfect read for a snowy weekend; and I wouldn't say no to a sequel.
Profile Image for Kat.
717 reviews11 followers
January 20, 2020
If you enjoy calmer, historical novels with a hint of romance thrown in. This one may be perfect for fans of Russian history!

We follow a main character who aspires to be a doctor, but struggles with societal norms and family dilemmas. This is a story of safety, survival, and siblings.

If you are looking for a historical romance, this plot may not be what you are looking for. While it is there, it doesn't take up the bulk of the plot's attention. There were moments that I felt like there could have been a little more oomph to the pace of the book, but it wasn't something that distracted me.

Overall, this was an enjoyable read that is perfect for a snowy day snuggled up with a warm cup of tea! 3 out of 5 stars from me.
Profile Image for Caighley.
32 reviews1 follower
January 23, 2021
...takes a screeching breath and tries to calm down

Alright, let's start with the setting. It's February 1917. We're slowly introduced to the Cherkassky family in the middle of war-torn Petrograd, Russia. The war is manifested in food shortages and rumors or reports that breach Russia's border. Everything is uncertain and nothing is stable, and it's only about to get worse.

Characters: (finding our their personalities is so fun, so I'll leave that with you)

Charlotte - the eldest Cherkassky (starts blubbering about how being the eldest is literally that hard)
Miles - second eldest
Hap - I couldn't get a good read on him, but he is such a supporter of his family
Stepan - a very serious little boy, second youngest
Nika and Sophie - the youngest at five, twins

Plot:

I read Gone Before Nightfall sporadically throughout my week, so my take on the plot is a little disjointed. It was fairly smooth with, but held a hint of apprehension that made you turn the next page.

Content Warnings:

Unfortunately I have something to say about the romance. It was nonexistent for the first half of the book and then after one scene where they alone for while, they started kissing. I guess it was a culmination of a few previous events, but it felt too abrupt. They continued this throughout the end of the book. (it didn't seem stemmed from any affection, but rather desire or emotional stress) it didn't sit well with me.

NO LANGUAGE

I didn't see too many Biblical factors in Gone Before Nightfall, but one definitely stood out: Family

Proverbs 17:17 - A friend loves at all times; and a brother is born for adversity.
Profile Image for Christina Getrost.
2,131 reviews65 followers
January 22, 2020
An excellent romantic historical fiction novel set during the Russian Revolution of 1917. Eighteen-year-old Charlotte lives on a large estate outside Petrograd, with her Russian retired general father and her many siblings and stepsiblings (a complicated situation as her American mother, now dead for a year, had three marriages, as did her Russian stepfather!). When Dmitri, a new tutor, arrives to teach her brothers, Charlotte is at first suspicious that the young man might be spying on them for the Russian secret police, as political tensions are rising and it is not safe to say anything against the czar's government; but he is very handsome and as she becomes friends with him she hopes her fears are not true... Trained as a nurse, Charlotte works at a hospital for women founded by her mother, where she must master the black market if she is going to be able to feed everyone. And she is friends with a progressive couple who run a theater where radicals often meet. As things get dicey with protests rising in the streets and the police getting bolder, Charlotte is swept up in the Revolution. Will Charlotte and her noble-born family be able to escape the violence?

I loved the romance of this story and the gradual increase in tension and suspense as things get progressively worse. All of the historical detail is terrific, you can tell the author did a lot of research (which she mentions in her author's note). A grand, epic tale, great for middle school and up. I read an advance reader's copy provided by the author.
Profile Image for Laura.
333 reviews32 followers
December 19, 2019
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fly by the seat of your pants fast paced read and I absolutely loved it. Lottie had to make big decisions for her family and once she made them she swiftly and efficiently carried them out.

My heart was in my mouth so many times while reading this book. Lottie and her family faced some very scary situations and going into this book totally blind I had no idea what the outcome was going to be. I thought a few times about enlightening myself and checking out the blurb while I was reading but I think I enjoyed everything so much more because I didn’t know what to expect. I wanted to read this because I think the cover is beautiful and it totally payed off by being a great book.

I really enjoyed the first Dee Garretson book I read and I can honestly say I loved this one a whole lot more.

While this book was mostly about the conflict that was happening in Russia there was also a very sweet, naturally occurring romance and while the ending was not how I like or expect my romance novels to end it was perfect for this book because it was a book with romance rather than a romance book.

All I ask for my books historical and other wise is a strong female and bonus points if they are aspiring to a life that isn’t expected of them and that is exactly what I got here. This was a wonderful book from Dee and I’m already looking forward to the next!
Profile Image for Tonja Drecker.
Author 3 books174 followers
January 24, 2020
This is one of the most richly written historical novels for young adults that I've run across, one that truly brings the time frame to life.

Charlotte Mason is a young girl living in Russia in 1916. Since her mother passed away, it's her dream to continue the dream of helping others, and she's determined to go to medical school. But with the world around her revolting, chaos is found around every corner. She's told to leave and return to her relatives in America, but with her siblings, her mother's hospital and a man, who isn't what he seems, she's determined to do what she thinks is right.

This one surprised me. While many young adult historical novels tend to feel a bit 'light', this one dives in with a very rich and vivid world. Charlotte does have a lot to learn and makes usual mistakes for girls that age. It's easy to connect with her and makes her believable, but never is the atmosphere of the time frame scratched. The tension and the danger growing coming from the world falling apart around her hits from the very first page and holds through the entire read. And while a few handful of moments, especially in the romance end, weren't as smooth as they might have been, these didn't hurt the story by any means.

It's an exciting read which not only historical fiction fans are sure to enjoy. I received a complimentary copy and found the tale very engaging. So, I'm leaving my honest thoughts.
Author 1 book22 followers
October 28, 2019
I was drawn into this story from the very first pages. The descriptions of setting were so vivid that I felt almost as if I were experiencing Imperial Russia’s final days . Dee Garretson wove just enough historical fact through her fictional narrative to give a greater understanding of what it might have been to live through those harrowing events.

I quickly sympathized with Charlotte. She’s a strong character on a variety of levels. She knows what she wants in life and works for it despite frustrating setbacks. She rejects unfair societal norms and stands up to those who try to “put her in her place.” Family, however, is equally—if not more—important to her, and she temporarily sets her own dreams aside to protect her stepfather and siblings. More often than not, it’s the scenes revolving around her chaotic family life that showcase her greatest strengths.

The story is filled with page-turning tension that increasingly builds until the novel’s dramatic conclusion. Fittingly, I finished reading it on a snowy night reminiscent of wintry early 20th century Petrograd. This novel will appeal to historical fiction lovers and anyone seeking a visceral understanding of the Russian Revolution.
Profile Image for Rebeca.
149 reviews19 followers
December 16, 2019
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I din’t realize how immersed I was into this story until I was fifteen chapters in! Gone by Nightfall surprised me in many ways. I didn’t expect to enjoy the story this much but I did and I can’t wait to share my thoughts about it with you all.

Charlotte was an amazing character who I’m sure lots will be rooting for. She had big dreams and, no matter the circumstances, was always there for her family and friends.

Charlotte’s family was welcoming and kind.

Her siblings made laugh more than once. They were incredible and I can’t for you all to meet them, you are going to love them💛

The twins were so adorable and funny, and Miles, Hap and Stephen were incredible, too. And their pranks were amazing😆

And Dmitri… The love story in this book was one of a kind. Dmitri fought for what he believed in and was always there for Charlotte and her family.

Gone by Nightfall was a very interesting book. Once I started to read it I couldn’t put it down, I wanted to know more about these amazing characters and their journey to something better.

And the ending… I think it was amazing, I even cried a little😭 I hope you all love this one when you read it💛
198 reviews5 followers
February 10, 2020
Thank you to the author for sharing with Collabookation.
Charlotte Mason has been managing her brothers and sisters, working as a nurse in the hospital her mother founded, and tending her own wounded heart as this book opens. However, Russia is spiraling into chaos with rebellion groups working against the czar in every way. When the czar finally abdicates, Charlotte must figure out a way to rescue her family from the crowds wanting to destroy any semblence of Russian nobility.
I loved this fast-paced book about a pragmatic heroine who loves Russia, even though it is not her homeland - a fact she's constantly reminded of. Charlotte will do anything to keep her mother's hospital running and her family together. But in a Petrograd that is changing daily, she has to let something go. A fascinating read for any lover of historical fiction. I have only read about Russian history from the Ramonov perspective, and this fictional account provided the perspective of the population struggling to feed their families.
Looking forward to reading more historical fiction from author Dee Garretson! Highly recommend Gone By Nightfall to students in grade 9 and up.
Profile Image for Aly.
679 reviews19 followers
November 17, 2019
Ok I really liked this one!

I probably mention this in every review for historical novels, but historical fiction is something I'm usually pretty nervous about reading since I'm picky. I loved Charlotte as a character, and I'm actually gonna miss her now that the book is done! Dmitri is also a great character, but I would've liked him to have been fleshed out a bit more. There's quite a bit of romance here, too. While we do see that they have a connection, it did feel almost like insta-love, but it doesn't seem distracting and works quite well! I liked the family dynamics going on throughout this book, as it makes the book have the potential to get readers to relate to Charlotte. My main issues is that the writing style isn't my cup of tea, and it can be a bit distracting at tines along with the slower pacing. Despite that, this was a really good read!

ARC provided to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Lucy-May.
447 reviews29 followers
January 25, 2020
Gone by Nightfall is one of the only World War One books I’ve read & is almost certainly the only one that’s not focused on the Tzar & his family; it was a new perspective on the Russian Revolution & Dee Garretson did an incredible job of showing a balance perspectives of all sides of the Russian community during this time. Charlotte was a well balanced character with an intriguing family & I loved that she was never quite sure how she felt about the unrest in her country. This was an educational story but also deeply immersive & absorbing, when I really needed an escape.

⚠️ This book contains war themes such as gun use, violence & arson, as well as classism, sexism, violent riots & a lot of death. There is also references to the death of a parent that occurs before the book is set. ⚠️

I was sent this book by the author in return for an honest review.

Extended Review to follow.
Profile Image for gwendalyn _books_.
869 reviews28 followers
Want to read
February 14, 2020

This book was received from the Author, and Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

As the Russian Revolution is just in cusp, Charlotte Mason in 1917, is an American girl living within the splendor of culture of czarist Russia, her esteemed stepfather is a Russian general. When her mother suddenly dies, everything changes, and her dreams of medical school take the back seat, when she has step up and care for her two bothers and her two step sisters.

This is one of the most richly descriptive written historical novels for young adults that I've happened to run across, one that truly brings the time frame to life of complex and turbulent complexities of the Russian Revolution into a story that would appeal to teens, and adults alike, Gone By Night Fall by Dee Garretson
Profile Image for Pui Kim.
387 reviews9 followers
December 6, 2020
Okay, I kind of spoiled myself for the ending by going right to the last page before I started reading, but the ending still hurt. Though of course, it was kind of expected, given the events that were happening.
This book's pacing was fast, but also just right. It highlighted how fast the events were developing and how unpredictable everything was, which left Charlotte wondering what to do next very often.
Charlotte has been very strong throughout the story, trying to take care of all her siblings. It's not easy, but I really liked how Charlotte was so protective of them. There was no way she would let any of them come to harm, and she would think up of ways just to ensure that everyone could leave Russia together. It's just too bad that the story ends right as they manage to leave,so I don't know what happens afterwards. But I know for sure that it won't be easy to get to America.
Profile Image for Susan Graves.
Author 5 books7 followers
January 13, 2020
As anyone who has ever read my reading history I am a sucker for a Russian revolution historical novel. When I first came across Gone by Nightfall I was immediately swept away by the premise of the story. In Gone by Nightfall we follow Charlotte Mason as we uncover secrets and hidden danger. Do I think you should read this book? Yes without a doubt. It has everything one could want from a book, secrets, action, romance and self love.
Profile Image for April B..
148 reviews7 followers
November 18, 2019
* I RECEIVED AN ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK FROM THE AUTHOR *

I will sum this book up with one word "breathtaking" I was swept up in to this story so quickly and it never let me go! I loved the characters, so much strength and the descriptions of Russia and the war were so detailed. This book is a breathtaking piece of literature and should be on everyone's To Be Read list!
52 reviews9 followers
December 30, 2019
This would be an excellent book for young teen girls. I enjoyed it but would have liked a little more depth to the story. I learned some about the Russian revolution that I didn't know and there were some good twists to the story, but some were rather predictable. The romance in the story was sweet and definitely appropriate for younger readers.
Profile Image for Christina Marie Reads.
431 reviews18 followers
January 26, 2020
This was a beautifully written historical fiction novel centered around the fall of the Romanov family in 1917. It shows the tremendous hardships of the people and the unrest caused by Romanov policy, possible war with Germany, the Revolution, and the political turmoil that brought along the rise of Lenin and the Bolshevik Party.
Profile Image for Dorothy Winsor.
Author 11 books46 followers
February 1, 2020
Well-researched YA historical set in 1917 Russia. Charlotte Mason watches revolution come to St. Petersburg, bringing danger to her and her family. Garretson does a good job of ratcheting up the tension as Charlotte sees violence and knows her family has been targeted until finally, they have to make a nightmare trip to flee the country.
Author 5 books51 followers
March 26, 2020
Intriguing, fresh historical fiction set during the Russian Revolution. American expat Charlotte Mason is a resourceful and believable hero, and I especially loved the close ties of family and friendship within her Russian-American family. The action unfolds in a believable, thrilling way and Garretson gives an balanced historical view of the opposing factions in the political struggle.
Profile Image for Cara Gores.
93 reviews1 follower
July 18, 2020
A unique look at the events leading up to the Russian Revolution told from the perspective of a smart, determined, American girl who called Russia and its people home even as Russia was sinking into some of its darkest hours. If you like your historical fiction with a touch of romance and intrigue then you will enjoy this book!!
Profile Image for Ally and a Book.
30 reviews7 followers
Read
February 6, 2022
DNF @ 51% The plot is slow and I don’t care for any of the characters at all. The characters weren’t developed and why would you tell someone you have only talked to less than a handful of times a very important secret that could get your family killed? I just think the writing wasn’t thought through very well.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 49 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.