Start by marking “Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)” as Want to Read:
Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)

Havenfall

(Havenfall #1)

A safe haven between four realms. The girl sworn to protect it--at any cost.

Hidden deep in the mountains of Colorado lies the Inn at Havenfall, a sanctuary that connects ancient worlds--each with their own magic--together. For generations, the inn has protected all who seek refuge within its walls, and any who disrupt the peace can never return.

For Maddie Morrow, summers
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Bloomsbury YA

Win a Copy of This Book

• Havenfall by Sara  Holland
    Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
    Release date: Mar 03, 2020
    Enter to win 1 of 5 copies of HAVENFALL by New York Times bestselling author Sara Holland!

"Vibrant." – Emily A. Duncan, New York Times bestselling

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 8092 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 06 - Mar 01, 2020

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Havenfall, please sign up.
    Heather It is not a spinoff, or part of anything else, this is an entirely new novel (book one of two, it seems).

Start your review of Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
    Lola
    3.5 stars. I found Sara Holland’s debut—Everless—a very good kind of surprising. It was nothing I expected and yet everything I wanted both at the same time. While I didn’t fall in love with the heroine, I thought she had it in her to BE a heroine and that is something that kept me wanting to read more about her.

This is a completely new series set in a completely new world and a whole new set of distinct protagonists and antagonists. The storyline is not recycled. The writing is elegant. The
    Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

DNF @ p.55

This was kind of intolerable and read like self-insertion fic. Maddie was such a Mary Sue. When I was a teenager, it was really popular on Quizilla for people to write about characters who had these totally messed up home lives who were then spirited away to this alternate world or dimension where they were the chosen one and (of course) there was a really hot guy.

Well, this book has all of that. Maddie's uncle is the owner of
    Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
    I said once long ago whilst reading the sampler that if the hot motorbike girl Taya wasn't the love interest, I would be politely demanding answers because there were strong sapphic vibes.

So it is with great delight I can confirm that yes, she is totally a love interest (along with some handsome guy; okay, there might be a love triangle in future but you cannot deny that the heroine harbours some major crush on her and later books have a high possibility of f/f.)

In addition, YES, the heroine is
    Ari
    Jasmine from How Useful It Is
    I love the cover, this one and the author's Everless duo. Reading this book, one thing stuck out was the constant reminder of Maddie's unhappiness that resulted from what happened with her brother. She seems to have a lack of confidence, at Havenfall and even less at home in Sterling. The love was pre-existing so there wasn't any flirts or banters. I don't enjoy following Maddie's thoughts so much so I feel the narrative was lengthy. With these characteristics to start the story out, I become ...more
    Lilith Black
    Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    2 chapters sample provided by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am completely hooked! These 2 chapters made me want to read this book so so much! I have no words, though I feel like I am full of them! It passed such a long time since I got this fast involved in a book! I am 90% sure that this one will be my top 10 for 2020! March, please come faster!

You can follow my TWITTER

If you want to support me, you can check my WHISHLIST
    Ashlee » Library In The Country
    There is a lot that worked for me in this book, but more that didnt or just not enough. Full thoughts to come.
    Tara ☽
    Mar 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
    How many times will I give authors who have disappointed me second chances before I just go ahead and call myself a masochist?
    NAT.orious reads ☽
    Jan 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
    At this point, I severely regret not choosing a career in private investigation. Yet again I am bold enough to proclaim I might know something you don't know.

Candace Robinson
    This is the second book I’ve tried by the author and I couldn’t connect to this one either. The writing is very good but I just didn’t love the MC as much as I wanted to.
    Jackie ϟ Bookseller
    I received an ARC of this title from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

3/5 stars:

"The difference between monsters and people...is what we do."

Havenfall is a neutral meeting point between different universes, shaped like a mountain hotel but with doors to other worlds beneath it. Maddie's uncle is the current "Innkeeper," and she longs to be the next in line and learn how to host the delegates that meet at Havenfall every summer to mingle, trade, and maintain political
    Sanne ♔ (Sanne and the Books)
    I'm hoping this book/series/whatever will be better than her Everless duology, because that one was downright boring, filled with excruciatingly lame clichés that would have been groundbreaking when Twilight was first published.
    Mila
    Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arcs
    The digital arc of this book was kindly provided by the publisher via Edelweiss+ website in exchange for an honest review.

3,75 stars

I quite enjoyed this first book in a series, though I could tell that it still needs some polishing and more world and character development. This could be attributed to the fact that I read an early arc of the book (it doesn't even have a cover yet) so I'm interested in reading the finished copy. And I can tell that if you didn't like Sara Holland's previous
    ThatBookGal
    Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I adored the concept of Havenfall, it takes an inn, a feature of all great fantasy novel, and puts it right at the very heart of the story. I loved the unique idea of the doors to several realms being concealed there and was intrigued to know as much as possible about them. I was pretty sad that we didn't get to visit any of those other places, cold and icy Fiordenkill, hot and barren Bryn and the creepy unknown, Solaria. Having said that, there are a world of possibilities for the next book, ...more
    Julia
    Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Loved the sample from Netgalley and the publisher, thank you A female lead, murder, magic, multiple worlds, portals and a snarky new girl in town - what’s not to like?! Looking forward to its 2020 release date #Havenfall #NetGalley ...more
    Jocelyn
    Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
    I’m convinced that each character has 2 brain cells to their name

buddy read with Jena
    Rec-It Rachel
    Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    yes excellent i need the second one immediately please thank you
    Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
    This cover is stunning!
    Other Rachel

This is a story I never knew I wanted until I was sucked into the plot and had to know what was going to happen next.

Maddie is struggling to get back on her feet as she unexpectedly makes her way to her uncle's home - a meeting point for several worlds in a strange and isolated town. While there, her past comes back in the form of a monster that ruins all expectations she has of her mother, her best friend, and even the uncle she admires most of all.

Now with the peace talks threatening to fall
    rachel ☾
    Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
    Amanda
    Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: read-in-2020
    I would like to thank Bloomsbury Publishing Plc & Sara Holland for my copy of the ARC. Due to this kind gesture, I have decided to leave an honest review.

I absolutely adored Everless so when I was approved for a copy of Havenfall, I got giddy with excitement! I love the way Sara writes and she manages to catch my attention at the start of her books which is really important for me as I tend to lose interest if it doesn't. I struggled with my rating here but I have settled on a modest 3.5
    Victoria Booklover
    Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Thank you Bloomsbury for deeming me worthy of an ARC of Havenfall through Netgalley. I much appreciated it.

Especially because this book was very good! I dare say memorable. Usually with books that I like I don’t always remember them. They don’t always stick after a couple days of reading, but thoughts Maddie and Havenfall will definitely linger.

First and foremost the wooorld. It was fun. Maybe I’m being a tad dramatic BUT, I personally thought the idea of an inn dedicated to peacekeeping between
    Cora Tea Party Princess
    OK so I just read the extract for this on NetGalley and I loved it. The only problem now is that I need more! I loved the premise, I loved the start of the story that I read in the generous extract, and I can't wait to see where it goes. Also there's a bit of a queer vibe too and I am here for it.
    Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
    Thank you Macmillan and Bloomsbury YA for the ARC.
    linda ❃ (flourishreader)
    you know you love soc when you read BREKKER instead of BREKKEN.
    Hâf
    Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I'm very pleased to say I really enjoyed Havenfall! I was fascinated by the different realms and loved learning about each one, I hope future sequels will delve into more detail about the other worlds.
    It did at times feel a bit disjointed and there was a couple of pointless scenes that didn't seem to add anything in particular to the story. At about halfway it became quite obvious who the villain of the story was and what other characters were hiding but there will still a surprise or two for
    Caroline 💞🐉
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: fantasy, arcs, young-adult
    Oh my gosh this book was so good!!! It was a breath of fresh air in the YA fantasy genre and I just appreciated it so much. The writing style is easy and it flows well, the plot is intriguing and well thought out, and I just had such an fun time reading it. Best way to start off 2020 with a 5 star book!!!
    Nikki
    Ahhhhhh. I loved this book. The concept had me from the start, I’m not going to lie. I really love other worlds, and how they fit together, and this worked really well for me. Maddie knows what she wants from life, but doesn’t expect it to come quite so quickly, so while she has confidence in parts, I like that we get to see so much doubt and floundering about suddenly filling a much larger role that she feels ready for.

The side characters are fun too, and I’m definitely looking forward to
    Stacy Fetters
    Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
    "This world has been cruel to you, and so you take comfort in the knowledge that other life is there, even if you cannot access it."

I wanted to make my first read of the year something that I would remember and for my choice to be something that would blow all other years away. This author had such high praise from so many of my friends that I thought this book would start my year off right. Why do people lead me astray? This was such a huge disappointment.

The cover is gorgeous and the synopsis
    Jena
    Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
    2.5/5

Rounded up .5 stars for a really strong start. This book has an unshakeable old-school YA feel to it, largely because the "human character guarding/traveling between portal realms" fantasy was in vogue in the late 90s/early 00s (Abhorsen Series, His Dark Materials, Artemis Fowl, among others). Unfortunately it also carries some old-school shortcomings with it that took it from feeling nostalgic to feeling dated - namely flat characters, a wishy-washy protagonist and too-telegraphed
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• A Throne of Swans (A Throne of Swans, #1)
    • The Shadows Between Us
    • Belle Révolte
    • The Stars We Steal
    • The Sisters Grimm
    • Blood Countess (Lady Slayers #1)
    • Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)
    • The Vanishing Deep
    • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
    • Of Silver and Shadow
    • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
    • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
    • Red Hood
    • Nameless Queen
    • Beyond the Shadowed Earth
    • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
    • Mageborn
    • The Twin
    Sara Holland grew up in small-town Minnesota among hundreds of books. She graduated from Wesleyan University and worked in a tea shop, a dentist’s office, and a state capitol building before heading to New York to work in publishing. These days, she can be found exploring the city’s bookstores or finding new ways to put caffeine in her bloodstream. EVERLESS is her debut novel.

Havenfall (2 books)
    • Untitled (Havenfall, #2)
    “You have more happy memories than scary ones, don't you? Why give the scary ones so much space in your head?” 0 likes