Start by marking “Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)” as Want to Read:
Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)

Havenfall

(Havenfall #1)

A safe haven between four realms. The girl sworn to protect it--at any cost.

Hidden deep in the mountains of Colorado lies the Inn at Havenfall, a sanctuary that connects ancient worlds--each with their own magic--together. For generations, the inn has protected all who seek refuge within its walls, and any who disrupt the peace can never return.

For Maddie Morrow, summers
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Bloomsbury YA

Win a Copy of This Book

• Havenfall by Sara  Holland
    Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
    Release date: Mar 03, 2020
    Enter to win 1 of 5 copies of HAVENFALL by New York Times bestselling author Sara Holland!

"Vibrant." – Emily A. Duncan, New York Times bestselling

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 7126 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 06 - Mar 01, 2020

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Havenfall, please sign up.
    Heather It is not a spinoff, or part of anything else, this is an entirely new novel (book one of two, it seems).

Start your review of Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
    Lola
    3.5 stars. I found Sara Holland’s debut—Everless—a very good kind of surprising. It was nothing I expected and yet everything I wanted both at the same time. While I didn’t fall in love with the heroine, I thought she had it in her to BE a heroine and that is something that kept me wanting to read more about her.

This is a completely new series set in a completely new world and a whole new set of distinct protagonists and antagonists. The storyline is not recycled. The writing is elegant. The
    Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
    I said once long ago whilst reading the sampler that if the hot motorbike girl Taya wasn't the love interest, I would be politely demanding answers because there were strong sapphic vibes.

So it is with great delight I can confirm that yes, she is totally a love interest (along with some handsome guy; okay, there might be a love triangle in future but you cannot deny that the heroine harbours some major crush on her and later books have a high possibility of f/f.)

In addition, YES, the heroine is
    Lilith Black
    Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    2 chapters sample provided by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am completely hooked! These 2 chapters made me want to read this book so so much! I have no words, though I feel like I am full of them! It passed such a long time since I got this fast involved in a book! I am 90% sure that this one will be my top 10 for 2020! March, please come faster!

You can follow my TWITTER

If you want to support me, you can check my WHISHLIST
    Ashlee » Library In The Country
    There is a lot that worked for me in this book, but more that didnt or just not enough. Full thoughts to come.
    Tara ☽
    Mar 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
    How many times will I give authors who have disappointed me second chances before I just go ahead and call myself a masochist?
    Ari
    NAT.orious reads ☽
    Jan 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
    At this point, I severely regret not choosing a career in private investigation. Yet again I am bold enough to proclaim I might know something you don't know.

Candace Robinson
    This is the second book I’ve tried by the author and I couldn’t connect to this one either. The writing is very good but I just didn’t love the MC as much as I wanted to.
    Jackie ϟ Bookseller
    I received an ARC of this title from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

3/5 stars:

"The difference between monsters and people...is what we do."

Havenfall is a neutral meeting point between different universes, shaped like a mountain hotel but with doors to other worlds beneath it. Maddie's uncle is the current "Innkeeper," and she longs to be the next in line and learn how to host the delegates that meet at Havenfall every summer to mingle, trade, and maintain political
    Mila
    Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arcs
    The digital arc of this book was kindly provided by the publisher via Edelweiss+ website in exchange for an honest review.

3,75 stars

I quite enjoyed this first book in a series, though I could tell that it still needs some polishing and more world and character development. This could be attributed to the fact that I read an early arc of the book (it doesn't even have a cover yet) so I'm interested in reading the finished copy. And I can tell that if you didn't like Sara Holland's previous
    Sanne ♔ (Sanne and the Books)
    I'm hoping this book/series/whatever will be better than her Everless duology, because that one was downright boring, filled with excruciatingly lame clichés that would have been groundbreaking when Twilight was first published.
    Julia
    Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Loved the sample from Netgalley and the publisher, thank you A female lead, murder, magic, multiple worlds, portals and a snarky new girl in town - what’s not to like?! Looking forward to its 2020 release date #Havenfall #NetGalley ...more
    Jocelyn
    Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
    I’m convinced that each character has 2 brain cells to their name

buddy read with Jena
    Rec-It Rachel
    Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    yes excellent i need the second one immediately please thank you
    Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
    This cover is stunning!
    Other Rachel

This is a story I never knew I wanted until I was sucked into the plot and had to know what was going to happen next.

Maddie is struggling to get back on her feet as she unexpectedly makes her way to her uncle's home - a meeting point for several worlds in a strange and isolated town. While there, her past comes back in the form of a monster that ruins all expectations she has of her mother, her best friend, and even the uncle she admires most of all.

Now with the peace talks threatening to fall
    rachel ☾
    Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
    Cora Tea Party Princess
    OK so I just read the extract for this on NetGalley and I loved it. The only problem now is that I need more! I loved the premise, I loved the start of the story that I read in the generous extract, and I can't wait to see where it goes. Also there's a bit of a queer vibe too and I am here for it.
    Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
    Thank you Macmillan and Bloomsbury YA for the ARC.
    Victoria Booklover
    Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Thank you Bloomsbury for deeming me worthy of an ARC of Havenfall through Netgalley. I much appreciated it.

Especially because this book was very good! I dare say memorable. Usually with books that I like I don’t always remember them. They don’t always stick after a couple days of reading, but thoughts Maddie and Havenfall will definitely linger.

First and foremost the wooorld. It was fun. Maybe I’m being a tad dramatic BUT, I personally thought the idea of an inn dedicated to peacekeeping between
    Caroline 💞🐉
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: fantasy, arcs, young-adult
    Oh my gosh this book was so good!!! It was a breath of fresh air in the YA fantasy genre and I just appreciated it so much. The writing style is easy and it flows well, the plot is intriguing and well thought out, and I just had such an fun time reading it. Best way to start off 2020 with a 5 star book!!!
    Joanna Bennett
    Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
    Rating: 2.5

The fantasy element lacked for me and the characters were flat.

Full Review to Come.
    linda ❃ (flourishreader)
    you know you love soc when you read BREKKER instead of BREKKEN.
    Amber (The Book Bratz)
    The full review + more can be found at The Book Bratz

*Thank you so much to Bloomsbury and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review HAVENFALL. All thoughts and opinions are my own!*

I really enjoyed Sara's debut duology, Everless. So when I learned that she was going to be publishing another YA fantasy duology, I was super excited. Havenfall captivated me from page one and has me flipping the pages as fast as I could to see what was going to happen next.

All Maddie wants is to become the
    Cori McCarthy
    Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Before I begin this review, I would just like to thank Bloomsbury for hosting the ARC giveaway and shipping me this book! I was really excited to read this book and was excited I got it just a little bit earlier!

I really enjoyed Havenfall. It was well thought out and the way Holland would describe scenes was just so beautiful and I could just picture everything in my head so crystal clear. I really enjoyed just sitting down with a cup of coffee and a fuzzy blanket and enjoying the journey
    Stained Edges
    Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I received a 2 chapter sample of this book from NetGalley, and already I’m hooked.

Short Review:

Right off the bat, the prologue confused more than enlightened me. But I quickly caught up with the story and must say I was instantly captivated by Maddie's sinister family history.

Setting: This mysterious, chilling Mountain had me reminiscing about my family’s cabin in the woods, the descending fog and soft, cold rain was very atmospheric and spooky.

Portal / converging magical worlds is a trope that
    Sophie Elaina
    Nov 19, 2019 marked it as wish-list  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2020-releases
    After reading a sampler of this, I am now thoroughly in need of more, like now please! I’m really excited to pick this up and continue reading upon its release. I really enjoyed Holland’s writing in her debut Everless, and from what I’ve read so far of Havenfall I think its going to be just as great in this book, if not better. I think I’m going to become very easily attached to this story and I’m so here for it. I need more!!!

———

Ooooo is this cover gorgeous or what?!!!!
    Stacy Fetters
    Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
    "This world has been cruel to you, and so you take comfort in the knowledge that other life is there, even if you cannot access it."

I wanted to make my first read of the year something that I would remember and for my choice to be something that would blow all other years away. This author had such high praise from so many of my friends that I thought this book would start my year off right. Why do people lead me astray? This was such a huge disappointment.

The cover is gorgeous and the synopsis
    Celia McMahon
    Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for the e-galley.

HAVENFALL is the story of an "Inn." that holds portals other realms, and the girl who's uncle runs the joint. During the yearly peace negotiant with two other worlds, someone opens a world that had been previously closed off and deemed dangerous and lets in a monster. With her uncle out of commission, Maddie must keep the inn together all while learning who to trust.

FIRST THINGS FIRST: Contrary to the synopsis, Maddie is very much in
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Shadows Between Us
    • A Throne of Swans (A Throne of Swans, #1)
    • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
    • Blood Countess (Lady Slayers #1)
    • The Vanishing Deep
    • The Stars We Steal
    • Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)
    • The Sisters Grimm
    • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
    • Nameless Queen
    • Belle Révolte
    • Of Silver and Shadow
    • Yes No Maybe So
    • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
    • Beyond the Shadowed Earth
    • Red Hood
    • Foul Is Fair (Foul Is Fair #1)
    • Coral
    Sara Holland grew up in small-town Minnesota among hundreds of books. She graduated from Wesleyan University and worked in a tea shop, a dentist’s office, and a state capitol building before heading to New York to work in publishing. These days, she can be found exploring the city’s bookstores or finding new ways to put caffeine in her bloodstream. EVERLESS is her debut novel.

Havenfall (2 books)
    • Untitled (Havenfall, #2)