Start by marking “Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)” as Want to Read:
Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)

Havenfall

(Havenfall #1)

From the New York Times bestselling author of Everless comes a contemporary fantasy series about the safe haven between worlds--and the girl sworn to protect it.

Maddie Morrow lives for her summers at the Inn at Havenfall, hidden up in the mountains of Colorado. The inn is the only place where she gets to see the boy she loves, Brekken and it provides an escape from her real life,
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Bloomsbury YA

Start your review of Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
look reading the sampler if this hot motorbike girl Taya isn’t the love interest I will be politely suing the author because there are strong sapphic vibes here

aha we have a cover ... I hoped it would be red but I’m intrigued I confess? it nicely continues the facial silhouettes introduced in the UK Everless cover

things I really like:

things I really need:

- this freaking book!!!!
Lilith Black
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2 chapters sample provided by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am completely hooked! These 2 chapters made me want to read this book so so much! I have no words, though I feel like I am full of them! It passed such a long time since I got this fast involved in a book! I am 90% sure that this one will be my top 10 for 2020! March, please come faster!

You can follow my TWITTER

If you want to support me, you can check my WHISHLIST
Tara ☽
Mar 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
How many times will I give authors who have disappointed me second chances before I just go ahead and call myself a masochist?
Candace Robinson
This is the second book I’ve tried by the author and I couldn’t connect to this one either. The writing is very good but I just didn’t love the MC as much as I wanted to.
Ashlee » Library In The Country
Goodness yes, give me all the Sara Holland books.
Sanne ♔ (Sanne and the Books)
I'm hoping this book/series/whatever will be better than her Everless duology, because that one was downright boring, filled with excruciatingly lame clichés that would have been groundbreaking when Twilight was first published.
Jocelyn
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m convinced that each character has 2 brain cells to their name

buddy read with Jena
Cora Tea Party Princess
OK so I just read the extract for this on NetGalley and I loved it. The only problem now is that I need more! I loved the premise, I loved the start of the story that I read in the generous extract, and I can't wait to see where it goes. Also there's a bit of a queer vibe too and I am here for it.
rachel ☾
◯ Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Other Rachel

This is a story I never knew I wanted until I was sucked into the plot and had to know what was going to happen next.

Maddie is struggling to get back on her feet as she unexpectedly makes her way to her uncle's home - a meeting point for several worlds in a strange and isolated town. While there, her past comes back in the form of a monster that ruins all expectations she has of her mother, her best friend, and even the uncle she admires most of all.

Now with the peace talks threatening to fall
Mila
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
The digital arc of this book was kindly provided by the publisher via Edelweiss+ website in exchange for an honest review.

3,75 stars

I quite enjoyed this first book in a series, though I could tell that it still needs some polishing and more world and character development. This could be attributed to the fact that I read an early arc of the book (it doesn't even have a cover yet) so I'm interested in reading the finished copy. And I can tell that if you didn't like Sara Holland's previous duolog/>3,75
Rec-It Rachel
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
yes excellent i need the second one immediately please thank you
Sophie Elaina
Nov 19, 2019 marked it as wish-list  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
After reading a sampler of this, I am now thoroughly in need of more, like now please! I’m really excited to pick this up and continue reading upon its release. I really enjoyed Holland’s writing in her debut Everless, and from what I’ve read so far of Havenfall I think its going to be just as great in this book, if not better. I think I’m going to become very easily attached to this story and I’m so here for it. I need more!!!

———

Ooooo is this cover gorgeous or what?!!!!
Julia
Oct 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
A female lead, murder, magic, multiple worlds, portals and a snarky new girl in town - what’s not to like?! Looking forward to its release date 🥰 #Havenfall #NetGalley
Celia McMahon
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for the e-galley.

HAVENFALL is the story of an "Inn." that holds portals other realms, and the girl who's uncle runs the joint. During the yearly peace negotiant with two other worlds, someone opens a world that had been previously closed off and deemed dangerous and lets in a monster. With her uncle out of commission, Maddie must keep the inn together all while learning who to trust.

FIRST THINGS FIRST: Contrary to the synopsis, Maddie i
booksneedcaffeinetoo
Oct 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
This sounds like the YA (possibly queer?!) version of THE INNKEEPER CHRONICLES and I am so here for it.
Jena
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5/5

Rounded up .5 stars for a really strong start. This book has an unshakeable old-school YA feel to it, largely because the "human character guarding/traveling between portal realms" fantasy was in vogue in the late 90s/early 00s (Abhorsen Series, His Dark Materials, Artemis Fowl, among others). Unfortunately it also carries some old-school shortcomings with it that took it from feeling nostalgic to feeling dated - namely flat characters, a wishy-washy protagonist and too-telegrap
linda ❃ (flourishreader)
you know you love soc when you read BREKKER instead of BREKKEN.
Jenn
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, own
I received a galley copy from the publisher for an honest review.

Maddie spends the summers in Haven with her uncle. Haven is a small area where delegates from other worlds come to celebrate and negotiate peace amongst them. Maddie's uncle is the Innkeeper - the true neutral party who rules at Haven. And Maddie hopes to take over for him one day. She's hoping that this will be the year that he starts really training her for her future. But the peace is disrupted with a murder and sudd
theresa 🌸🥑
was not a fan of Evermore but this sounds interesting?
Richard
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sampler
An extract.
The blurb tells you more than one reads in this teaser provided through NetGalley.
2 chapters can reveal nothing of the plot or the books direction. I tend not to read info on book covers or accompanying reviews and comments.
The book blurb easily sells the book to fans of the author or followers of this exciting genre. The plot reveal of a murder peaks my interest too.
Now the extract is a completely different animal. I wonder if the author envisaged her book would be
Danielle (always_read_the_end_first)
“Lots of things that can kill you are beautiful. A high cliff. A lightning strike. A freezing cold night on the mountains.” Welcome to Havenfall.

There are three adjacent realms! Bryn has two suns and elemental magic. Haven is OUR human world. Solarians are shapeshifters and murders. Fiordenkill is surrounded by woods and ice with healing & natural gifts. This contemporary fantasy will blow your mind.

I truly enjoyed this book! Maddie is so brave and a little naive but i think it’s consisten
McKenzie
Nov 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Two chapter sampler provided by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

So I've only gotten a tiny peak at this book but I can already tell I am going to LOVE it! The tiny bit of world building and the magic system that I saw during the two chapters was fascinating and I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy Maddie as the lead protagonist! Who can't relate to a girl wanting to escape to the mountains? And there's a mysterious girl on a motorcycle. If she's not the l
Lia Carstairs
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an excerpt of the first two chapters from Netgalley.
I shouldn't have read this. Now I want the rest of the book! I loved Everless, so seeing another book by Sara Holland just made my day. This got me hooked from the moment I looked at the cover. I know they say not to judge a book based on the cover, but I couldn't help myself. The cover is gorgeous and the excerpt is even more intriguing! Now I've just got to wait until the actual book comes out......😭
Thank you Netgalley!
Katie (Melting Pages)
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
*chapter sampler provided by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

This two chapter sampler was just enough to hook me and make me want to read the full book! I'm really intrigued by Maddie's family and what happened with her mother, and I totally feel like there will be some sort of relationship with her and Taya. Just from this chapter sampler alone I feel like this will be not only a fun read, but also some real depth. I'm excited to read the full book!
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
Aug 01, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
Shelves: 2020-releases
Thank you Macmillan and Bloomsbury YA for the ARC.
Joanna Bennett
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Rating: 2.5

The fantasy element lacked for me and the characters were flat.

Full Review to Come.
Gemma F
Aug 2, 2019

Got an eARC on Edelweiss! Can’t wait to get started!
Samantha
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well I need the rest like NOW! I have so many questions, this seems like its could be a really good story and i can not wait to read the rest!
Torie
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this excerpt. I can't wait to read the whole book.. Posted the synopsis and that I was excited about this book on my facebook blog page!
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • I Hope You Get This Message
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens, #1)
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • Now Entering Addamsville
  • The Girl the Sea Gave Back (Sky in the Deep)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • These Wicked Waters
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer, #1)
  • The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)
  • The Lady Rogue
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • Slay
Sara Holland grew up in small-town Minnesota among hundreds of books. She graduated from Wesleyan University and worked in a tea shop, a dentist’s office, and a state capitol building before heading to New York to work in publishing. These days, she can be found exploring the city’s bookstores or finding new ways to put caffeine in her bloodstream. EVERLESS is her debut novel.

Havenfall (2 books)
  • Untitled (Havenfall, #2)