Start by marking “All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)” as Want to Read:
All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)

All the Stars and Teeth

(All the Stars and Teeth #1)

She will reign.

As princess of the island kingdom Visidia, Amora Montara has spent her entire life training to be High Animancer—the master of souls. The rest of the realm can choose their magic, but for Amora, it’s never been a choice. To secure her place as heir to the throne, she must prove her mastery of the monarchy’s dangerous soul magic.

When her demonstration goes
Published February 4th 2020 by Imprint

Win a Copy of This Book

• All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn  Grace
    All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
    Release date: Feb 04, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win a hardcover copy of ALL THE STARS AND TEETH!

“Fierce and unrelenting…Do yourself a favor and get lost in this beautiful book!

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 15 copies available, 6459 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 17 - Feb 24, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about All the Stars and Teeth, please sign up.
    Adalyn Grace It's high fantasy in a world entirely unique to our own, with multiple types of magic. There is definitely romance in the book, but it's not the…moreIt's high fantasy in a world entirely unique to our own, with multiple types of magic. There is definitely romance in the book, but it's not the driving force of the plot. Hope that helps! (less)

Start your review of All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
    Tomi Adeyemi
    Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    THIS BOOK YOU GUYS

I was lucky enough to read an early draft of this book because the and i LOVED IT

This epic sea adventure empowering as hell, exciting, bloody, and it takes no prisoners! It's also powerful--there are parts of this books that gave me goosebumps.

I can't WAIT to read the final draft and then I can't wait for everyone else to read it so we can geek out about it together!!

jessica
    Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
    finally! a new YA fantasy release that i actually found to be entirely enjoyable. 2020 is finally looking up!

yes, its full of tropes and predictable material, but THE ADVENTURE! its fun, its fresh, its exciting. the entire journey of the story is what kept me hooked. it made me long for a life where i sail the seven seas, and i hate the ocean, so thats saying something. lol. with mermaids, pirates, legendary sea monsters, and blood magic, there is never a dull moment. yes, the adventure could be
    Candace Robinson
    I love pirates, but have been let down with a lot of the pirate-type books! However, here is one that totally changed my mind! I'll also add that the cover is one of my favorites of the year!

Amora was pretty freaking awesome! I easily connected with her and what she was going through and had to face! Then there were the boys! I loved Bastian and Ferrick, especially Bastion, though! And Vataea has my heart! She was vicious and lovable at the same time! The bond between the crew was one that I
    Adalyn Grace
    Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    December 14th Edit

Pre order links and tour information is available! We're running a pre order campaign, as well, where you can get a signed bookplate and enamel pin. You can also get a beautiful art print when ordered through Mysterious Galaxy.

--CONTENT WARNINGS--

Now that ARCs are beginning to circulate, I also wanted to hop on here and talk about some of the content warnings in this book. Skip now, if you don't want to read them:

Violence and Death: There are 7 main forms of magic in this
    Lola
    This is a book you’re either going to really enjoy or really dislike. That’s because the storyline is predictable for the most part so if you don’t connect to the main character and don’t enjoy following her adventures then you’re going to feel like reading this book is pointless.

But if you’re curious about Amora Montara and want to see her ascend in the world, this is going to be a lot of fun. There is a lot of action and well-written dialog that kept me engaged. Plus, Amora is an ‘‘every girl’
    arini ☆彡

“i am amora montara, princess of visidia, and i will be the future high animancer. i am the right choice. the only choice. and i will protect my kingdom.”

this book is full of MAGNIFICENT characters and DANGEROUSLY FUN adventures. sadly, it didnt deliver. well, not quite. or maybe it's just me being awfully fussy considering this book is pretty hyped and the average rating as of now is relatively high. the bottom line is; im not as impressionable to ya fantasies as i used to, so for future
    Chelsea Humphrey
    All the cover love here! While my rating is middle of the road, I'd ask you to take my thoughts with a grain of salt, as I am NOT the target audience, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this book. I think it's more a case of right book, wrong reader, mainly due to my fickle mood lately and my having read so many pirate themed YA fantasy books in the past year. The writing was really well done and I have no doubt that the author is one we'll see many great things from in the years ahead. ...more
    Tucker
    May 26, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: reviewed
    The cover is totally giving me Hazel Wood vibes and I can't evennn

***********

Caraval + Pirates = everything i've ever wanted

well, the maths never lie
    Adrienne Young
    Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Adalyn Grace has delivered a phenomenal debut, filled with unexpected magic and a fiery female protagonist. Readers will fall hard for this high seas adventure!
    Bre *B.B. Lynn Reads*
    “You glare. Like something’s wrong, and you’re the only one who can fix it.”

All the Stars and Teeth is a fascinating story about a young girl’s journey to uncover the truth from the sea of lies she’s been told her entire life, while discovering where she fits in this new world.

“The world doesn’t work with only your eyes, Princess. There’s truth in more than what you can see.”

Amora has been sheltered and told what to do her whole life under the guise of protection. Sailing with Bastian is her
    Helena of Eretz ✰
    I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
    ✨Brithanie Faith✨
    5/5 stars

e-ARC provided by NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

It's official! All The Stars And Teeth is my first 5 star read of the decade! I had a feeling I would love this when I first heard the synopsis, but I had no idea just how much this book would mean to me!

If you've added this to your TBR's because one of your buzz-words is pirates, mermaids, or sea creatures- I don't think you'll be disappointed! The magic in this is also unique from anything I've
    The Nerd Daily
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Nathalie DeFelice

I could not (read: would not) put this book down. From start to finish, I was hooked into this fantasy tale full of pirates, soul-magic wielding princesses, and mermaids! Amora was a riveting character, full of vicious determination and iron will. She’s not going to let fear keep her from saving her kingdom. Plus, if you like roguishly handsome pirates with a chip or two on their shoulder, then it’s safe to say you’re going to
    Angelica
    Jan 31, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
    I’m not gonna lie, I’m reading this because of the hype. Goodreads peer pressured me into reading it. I literally get an ad for it every time I open up the website.

I’m getting To Kill A Kingdom vibes and I’m living for it so far!

Don’t let me down Goodreads!
    Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his)
    Thanks to Edelweiss and Imprint for an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

CW: general violence, menstruation, and sexism

I was totally surprised by this book! It was a great debut that swept me up into the world and, damn, I wish that the second book was already here because I wanna see where the second book goes.

Admittedly, my brain spaced out during the beginning stuff (which happens to me at times) so I missed some of the worldbuilding and the whole reason for the journey. I hadn't been
    Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
    Fierce princess + pirates?

Well, I guess I'll just keep riding this train until it runs out of gas lol
    Isabel Ibañez
    Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    So I loved this bloody book—the main character is Scarlett O’Hara incarnate. Amora is fierce and able to take care of herself, and her magic is extraordinary. ALL THE STARS AND TEETH is a sweeping, magical tale filled with pirates, a whip smart mermaid, a princess thirsting to prove herself and protect her kingdom, and a soft cinnamon roll boy who captured my heart. Everyone is fleshed out, with engaging personalities and distinct voices.

And the magic. It’s different and bloody and
    Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
    Aaaaand this marks the beginning of my "2020" Goodreads shelf.
    Madison Mary
    Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    "But even our idols - even those we want to love and trust more than anything - can let us down"

A rich debut fantasy with a vulnerable yet cut-throat cast of characters.

SUMMARY
    The royal Montara bloodline has been both blessed and cursed with dangerous soul magic. Every generation, the crown heir must prove control over their magic in order to be accepted as the new High Animancer, or face death.
    Amora has been training all her life to ascend the throne and claim her rightful place as High
    Jackie ϟ Bookseller
    I received an ARC of this title via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

3/5 stars:

"Fear is part of life; all that matters is what we do with it."

Bloody, exciting, and magical, All the Stars and Teeth bursts with violent life, and death. When Princess Amora is imprisoned after losing control of her dangerous magic, she escapes with the help of a pirate, her stowaway fiancee, and a powerful mermaid. While Amora initially escapes with the intention to prove herself to her kingdom and regain
    rachel ☾
    did someone say vengeful mermaids and blood magic?

Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
    Umairah | Sereadipity
    A bit disappointed... full review to come
    Kelsey
    Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc, from-publisher
    ***A big thank you to the publisher for providing a physical ARC and to Edelweiss for a digital ARC. My review is in no way swayed by this!***

Ok. So Wow. What a debut. Seriously..I can't wait for book 2!!!

Right from the beginning I was drawn in and so curious about the magic system. There are different islands and the islands represent different types of magic:
    Arida: Soul magic
    Suntosu: Restoration magic
    Zudoh:
    Leslie Ray
    Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This is quite an imaginative book that is perfect for fantasy lovers. Princess Amora must fight her way to becoming queen. There are pirates, mermaids and especially imaginative world built on magic. This world in this book is built upon magic and each person has a magical gift which predetermines where they fit into the different magical realms that make up this world. The wonderful characters Adalyn Grace created in this book are spellbinding and I look forward to seeing more of them.
    Cindee
    I loved this book so much best pirate themed book I have ever read I loved everything about it and can't wait for the sequel. I loved the characters especially Amora and Bastian I loved the slower romance that developed between them it was a strong all consuming romance that you just can't help but root for. What I really loved about Amora was how strongly she wanted to save her people and was willing to do anything to accomplish that goal but it became so much more than that it ended up her ...more
    Minx
    Oct 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Why do I want to read this??

THIS, this is why:

"Picture Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road leading her own Pirates Of The Carribean Ship" - Tomi Adeyemi

Why yes, yes I will picture that and now I am utterly excited!!
    karli
    Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    5/5 stars!

Thanks to Edelweiss and Imprint for an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Every part of this book was so beautiful. I enjoyed it from the very beginning.

We follow the spoiled and almost ignorant Princess of Visidia right before the she is to be crowned the heir by passing a test of her soul magic. To say things go different than planned is an understatement and we find ourselves on a pirate ship sailing to the different islands of the county. By the way, all these islands with
    Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
    Can books please stop having pretty covers and make me wanna buy them? Because otherwise I’ll be broke.

Thank you Macmillan and Imprint for the ARC.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
    Toya
    Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    3.5 stars rounded up!

I have been DYING to read All the Stars and Teeth since I first got wind this book was going to be published. A YA fantasy revolving around pirates, mermaids, and magic?! Not to mention, when I saw the cover reveal, I was like GIMME GIMME GIMME!

For the inhabitants of Visidia, they are able to choose one type of magic to wield. For Amora, she has never had a choice. She will practice soul magic. Soul magic is the deadliest form of magic and is only practiced by the royal
    Astrid Scholte
    Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Beautiful and bloody. Vicious and charming. Dark and romantic. Let All the Stars and Teeth ensnare your heart and soul!
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
    Unapologetic Roma...: Grace, Adalyn // All The Stars And Teeth 1 17 Feb 16, 2020 03:10AM

• The Shadows Between Us
    • Ink in the Blood (Ink in The Blood, #1)
    • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
    • Woven in Moonlight
    • Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)
    • Rogue Princess
    • The Stars We Steal
    • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
    • Ashlords
    • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
    • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
    • Belle Révolte
    • Night Spinner (Night Spinner, #1)
    • Nameless Queen
    • Beyond the Shadowed Earth
    • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
    • The Kingdom of Back
    • The Seventh Sun
    Adalyn Grace graduated Summa Cum Laude when she was 19-years-old. She spent four years working in live theater, and acted as the managing editor of a nonprofit newspaper. During and after college, she studied storytelling as an intern on Nickelodeon Animation’s popular animated show, The Legend of Korra (sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender). She was a participant in Pitch Wars 2016, and is a ...more

All the Stars and Teeth (2 books)
    • Untitled (All the Stars and Teeth, #2)