Start by marking “Black” as Want to Read:
Black

Black

“Meow!”
There it was.
The sound that made my knees buckle.
He purred, neck stretched, eyes half-lidded.
With those cat ears, in his hair.
And the tail, that he flicked.

A ray of sun in the drizzling rain. I’d been a traveler, floating adrift, while he’d stayed in one place. How was I supposed to know he’d become my anchor? My light. My everything. But would I ever become his?

***
Published March 5th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black

Trio
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-r2r, specific-kink, mm
The writing duo of Quin and Perin deliver a tender and passionate love story in their latest novel, Black. I’ve learned not to pigeonhole these talented writers, and I’ve given up trying to predict what they’ll deliver next. One thing I know I can count on? Beautifully written, unique stories with complex relationships and incredibly hot, creative sex.

I’ll admit, they had me at “kitty play”, and I couldn’t wait to see what Quin and Perin were going to do with that. Yes, it’s as adorable and deli
Susan
Mar 05, 2019 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 10%

I should not read books set in my own country. I cannot read this and not think of all the things that don’t feel right to me. There’s also the fact that my country is boring and not exotic at all. So reading about it is not something I enjoy.

My thoughts so far:

- The brother in law is called Jan, which is a common Dutch name, in the 50s. Of course it could be an old family name, so okay, a man in his 30s called Jan, it could happen. It's just typical that the Dutch character in this bo
Truuss
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2019
Black....

Magnificent-content
Electrifying-sexy
Overwhelming-emotional
Wracking-good

Oh boy I adored this read. Excellent writing style, clear and sharp as glass.

This journey is situated in the Netherlands my home sweet home, and even with a few Dutch lines! This can’t go wrong.

After years of traveling around the world Tony is at his sisters home, the only family in his life.
While walking the beach he sees the most beautiful guy sitting on a bench, this tiny Asian beauty just the opposite of the b
Debra

My first book by Quin Perin and my first book with "kitty play" turned out to be not bad at all.

I enjoyed the relationship between Dima and Tony, opposites in so many ways. Dima can be a bit abrasive. He's not looking for a relationship after his last one ended badly, and we see early on that he's serious about that, but he's all for having a good time. Tony is a wanderer, in the country for a short time to visit his sister, and he is immediately taken with Dima's looks. Tony is a swe
MishyJo
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
MEOW! Sometimes these kink-specific books really rev my engine and sometimes they totally squick me out. This definitely worked for me. Hot and sweet. The storyline was well done and the romance was believable. The book wasn’t perfect, but really really good for this kind of book.
Heather
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meow! This book is different from anything I've ever read before. Everyone has heard of puppy play but kitty play seems unheard of. That needs to change! Kitty play is super sweet and sassy. This book is a bit angsty especially in the beginning but it's all worth it. The emotions were real and palpable and I nearly cried several times throughout this book. The intimate scenes were beyond hot and I really loved the progression of Dima and Tony's relationship over the course of the book. Plus I'm ...more
K.M. Neuhold
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, LOOOOOVED this book. Dima was the absolute perfect kitten, needing to be slowly coaxed into trusting. After being hurt in the past, and having his own set of challenges, Dima was understandably hesitant to give his heart again, but Tony was so perfect and patient in winning Dima over. Tony, oh Tony-- can you say big, hot, beefcake? These two were absolutely fantastic together and this story was not only off the charts hot, but had so much heart as well. This was the first book I've ...more
Eugenia
Mar 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 33%.....I just can’t keep going with this. The writing style doesn’t work for me—it is too simplistic and riddled with vague generalities, relying on stereotypes.

This is set in the Netherlands—but it could be anywhere. Amazingly everyone knows to speak English to the two MCs in this small coastal town.

Dima and Tony, The MCs do NOTHING for me. I don’t like Dima—he’s rude. I know the authors are trying to give him a cat-like personality, but these traits seem OTT in this narrative. Tony, t
Lelyana
"Then you came along, and showed me that even in the darkness, there is still light"

" Black, is a sexy but heartbreaking romance with a kink that you don't want to miss out! Tony set a high standard as a book boyfriend and no one's more perfect for Dima. This book will break your heart, and warmth it at the same time!"

These authors are getting better and better. I never a fan of this kink before. But Quin Perin wrote a steamy hot story, but also a heartbreaking one and made me wanted to
Kirstin
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Meow."

I'd expected the deliciously dirty, but who knew these guys could be so sweet?

"If he only knew what he did to me. How he controlled the rhythm of my heart."

There was so much emotion in this story. Hurt/comfort is totally my cup of tea and this fed that thirst with an edge. Kitten play is new to me and holy freak did this story spotlight this kink in the very best way.

Tony was a wanderer. He fell into step in the life his father had wanted for him, but he wasn't made to be a lawyer. After
Ashley Allen
Something New

From the very beginning the story and characters grab your attention. This book is new and refreshing like nothing I have ever read before. The storyline alone I just loved but then add the personalities of the characters and it makes the story that much better. Quin and Perin really know how to mix kink with a beautiful story line
Book Boyfriend Whoarder Mari
Quin&Perin’s novel Black is a true testimony of love breaking down barriers to thrive.

This story was more than kink, more than love and friendships. This story delved into many unknown territories.

We grew and developed as these characters did.

We saw what unconditional love truly is. It’s a beautiful melding of two souls completing one another.

Love has no limits, and Quin&Perin did not shy away from it. This book was written beautifully.

Quin&Perin have ruined all future book boyf
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Honestly just the right amount of Kinky that I needed in my life!
PHEW!

Super Hot and Cute.

Mare~Slitsread
Karen Edwards
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do a bench by the sea, Oreo cookies, and a set of kitty ears have in common you ask, Tony and Dima! When Tony decides to visit his sister, per her insistence, he ends up finding more than he ever hoped. Dima. Dima is so sweet, sassy, and absolutely adorable. I’m fast becoming a huge fan of Quin & Perin’s sassy characters. Tony and Dima soon discover that they have something in common, a common kink. Meow! Kitty Play! I’m hooked! Tony and Dima together are just amazing. I totally love th ...more
Nicole Prado-Carr
“Meow”

Who knew one little word could hold so much meaning?
There’s so much I want to say about Tony and Dima but I don’t like posting spoilers.
Quit and Perin did amazing work with this book.
I’m so in love with every page I read.
The hurt/comfort, the kink, the pure passion and emotions that linked the two MCs together was absolutely electric.
I read this in just a few hours because I just couldn’t put it down.
12/10 highly recommend
♥♥♥♥♥♥

*arc received in exchange for an honest review*
Patricia Nelson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ah, Dima and Tony!!! The authors have written a beautiful, poignant, powerful, bittersweet, charming, lovely, grab-you-by-the-feels, heartbreaking yet hopeful, smoking hot, and totally awesome tale. Quin & Perin have a knack for taking a relatively unknown kink, and turning it into a beautiful, emotional story that had me hooked from beginning to end.
Jess Gabriel
Ah, Tony and Dima. And yay for kitty play! What fun! I LOVE reading about kinks because of the added intimacy, and this was no exception. Not only did this shine with Q&P's particular brand of edgy-sexy, but this story was MOVING. Told in alternating first person POV, we really got to know both MC's and their flaws intimately. This story was full of depth and layers and I can't wait to read it again!

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Sallyann
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!!! I can’t tell you how much I loved this book as it was a completely different feel to Quin & Perin’s other books, so much more romance. I was so shocked when I realised why this book is called Black, it was a brilliant twist.
I read this book in one sitting and it’s now 1.20am and I’m absolutely sobbing my heart out, the last chapters actually hurt my heart so much I couldn’t see my Kindle through my tears. The actual Kitty kink I wasn’t expecting to be so hot but that really is such a
Julie Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog
A fantastic book that I couldn't put down. I loved Tony and Dima. Dima's character was very intriguing. This book is so much more than just a book about a fun kink. It made me smile, laugh, and cry. Another great story written by Quin Perin!
Sue
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! I didn't know what to expect with kitty play but I might need to find more now! Dima and Tony are simply amazing! Tiny scratches and kitty ears...geez, so sweet and yet so freaking hot! So well done!
Karen
Wow!! Where to even begin… this one was a rollercoaster and really put my poor heart through the wringer. There’s so much that’s surprising (amazing plot twists that completely threw me), new and exciting (purr purr) and original in this story. What a breath of fresh air!

I think this is also the most romantic story so far by these authors. It has some incredibly sweet moments that just about made me melt, though it never becomes overly mushy or predictable.
I’m so in love with these characters.
Kirsty
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to read Black from the moment I heard about it. I was lucky enough to get an ARC and I can honestly say my excitement for it pales in comparison to how much I loved Black.

Tony goes to the Netherlands to visit his sister, having not seen her in a few years. While he is there he comes across someone, who he later finds out is Dima, on the beach and becomes captivated by him. Dima is broken...so he thinks, and doesn’t want a relationship. Tony works his way under Dima’s skin in so
Dara
ARC provided by the author for an honest review.

This book was so, so much more than some kinky kitty play novel. I'm just in awe of it. It follows Tony-a wander whose found his way to his sister; and Dima-a prickly but beautiful baker. They meet, they fall in lust and slowly transitions to a beautiful and heart aching love. It's rare in these romance novels that the MCs don't actually use the "l-word" with each other but, we get to read about the actions. Though we don't see a ton of the suppor
Emma Jaye
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One that is going on my short 're-read' list. Super cute in places, angst ridden in others and did I mention the sex? Phew (fans herself). This is a 'stay up to read' book with all the 'feels'.

A world traveler returns to see his sister and meets a guy who immediately takes his breath away.
Big bearded, tattoo guy meets stunning slender small snarky guy. Big guy, Tony, is a romantic at heart, snarky guy, Dima, is commitment phobic. Sounds like a familiar plot right? Well, it is, and the kitty pl
Renee
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quin&Perin have outdone themselves with this book. It proves once again why they are called genre rebels. This is more than romance, more than kink; this is journey that will have you laughing, smiling and even crying. The depth these two authors manage is astounding.

The character development is beyond detailed. I want so much to meet these characters. Tony is swoon-worthy. However it’s more than that. It’s the fact Quin&Perin know how to pair characters together. Dima, well, let’s just
Jenny Wood
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alright, so… a book with kitty play.

Where do I start? …. First, the premise had me like, whaaaaaat? Then I giggled, then maybe I scoffed, then I thought about it and was still like, whaaaaaaat? But I thought, alright, I’ve never heard of this, sounds ridiculous, I laughed and I scoffed and I thought whaaaaaat? But I kinda wanna read it.

Y’all, I am SO. GLAD. I. DID !

We’ll first start with Tony, who had quit his job as a lawyer and developed a gyspy soul that made for leavin. He stayed long enou
Misty Walker
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author duo and I’ll admit. I picked it up because, kitty kink. HOWEVER! I kept reading it through til the end because it was such a great love story!!

Tony and Dima were the most lovable, sweet couple. And holy hell, Tony is one of the best book boyfriends I have ever read. His determination, consideration and all encompassing love for Dima... (who, btw, completely owned my heart) warmed my heart and had me in tears.

Open this book for the novelty, finish it becaus
Ruth Evans
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a slower build up than previous books I've read from Quin Perin but still has their unique style. Quin Perin writes a troubled soul so well that you can't help as a reader to get pulled into the world of the characters.
Tony travels, that's what he does he's got no time for settling down. He's here in this small town to visit his sister and her family. He spots the most beautiful man on a bench when he arrived and wants to get to know him.
Dima has secrets that he's not ready to te
Lisa
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well blow me over with a feather I did not see that coming. After reading obsessed series (if you have not you don’t know what your missing ) I wasn’t expecting one of the sweetest stories ever. I could not get enough of these guys like I just wanted to bring them home with me. Don’t think hubby would approve but I just loved them.

Dima is enjoying single life he has a job he loves great friends. He can always find a guy when he has an itch. But what is it about Tony that makes him want to think
Heather Belton
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would give this 10 stars if I could, this is the first kitty play book I have ever read and my first book by Quin Perin, I am completely hooked on both! Tony and Dima exceeded all my expectations and are so perfect for each other. This story has some twists and turns, happy and sad, and basically a little bit of everything, my only criticism is I wish it didn't have to end, I wasn't ready to let them go.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Role Play Portfolio >> smarturl.it/roleplaysquinperin
Book Portfolio >>smarturl.it/booksquinperin

As a pair of genre rebels, Quin and Perin—from the US and Germany—are constantly maneuvering time zones and plot bunnies to whip up Gay Novels. Expect plenty of heat and elevated smut. With a dash of drama, a pinch of sweet, and a hefty amount of kink on the side, they serve up stories that
“People inflict a lot of pain. They're dishonest, only care about themselves. I prefer animals. Cats, for example, they don't pretend to be something they're not. They are so honest it hurts, but at least they don't betray you.” 0 likes