Start by marking “Little Mole's Wish” as Want to Read:
Little Mole's Wish

Little Mole's Wish

With echoes of Raymond Briggs's classic The Snowman , here is a magical, timeless story about the friendship between a lonely little mole and a snowball he molds into a bear that comes to life.

Little Mole is new in town, and he's lonely. On his way home from school on a winter day, he rolls a snowball all the way to the bus stop. He tells it his problems and grows very
Published November 19th 2019 by Schwartz & Wade Books (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Little Mole's Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Mole's Wish

Start your review of Little Mole's Wish
La Coccinelle
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
This is a cute little story about a lonely mole and his "friend". On his way home from school, Little Mole confides in a snowball that he's new in town and doesn't yet have any friends. The snowball listens. Encouraged, Little Mole builds up the snowball and rolls it to the bus stop. But the bus driver won't let him bring a snowball on board, and he drives away. Little Mole has the brilliant idea to turn the snowball into a bear, but the next bus driver who comes along sees right through the ...more
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I loved this lovely, little book! I’m so happy my 2019 picture book reading is going to end on a gem.

Our tale begins with a lonely little mole making a friend. His new friend is a little snowball that grows and grows as they walk along and talk and share. Will Little Mole’s new friend survive a warm bus ride home though? Close your eyes and make a wish and see!

This beautiful book is so sweet. The pages are quiet and filled with wonder. Everything about it is so soft and expressive—from the snow
Tasha
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Little Mole was heading home alone on the first day of snow, when he met a snowball on the path. He brought the snowball along with him to the bus stop. He waited for a bus, but the driver wouldn’t let him on with a snowball. So Little Mole sculpted the snowball into a bear. But the next driver realized it was still a snowball. So Little Mole gave the snow bear a backpack. The two waited a very long time together for the next bus, long enough that Little Mole shared his hat in case the bear was ...more
Ames Public Library Youth Services
What a beautiful book! Kim's lovely illustrations show the power of imagination for a young child as the young mole makes a new friend of snow. However, the book also touches on the love between a grandmother and grandchild.

-dmz
Beautiful illustrations
Edward Sullivan
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Kim's gentle, endearing story about a lonely little mole who creates a friend out of snow wonderfully captures a child's innocence and magical sense of wonder.
Barbara
Created with colored pencil, pastel, and pen and then digitally compiled, the illustrations in this picture book speak volumes about friendship, determination, and belief in the power of magic. Little Mole has recently moved to the area and feels lonely. When he finds a snowball on his way to the bus, he shares his worries with it, and then decides that the two of them should catch a ride home. But Mr. Bear and Mr. Fox won't let Little Mole climb aboard with his icy friend even though he has ...more
Hannah
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I just moved here. I don’t have any friends. — The snowball listened quietly."

Caution: You are guaranteed to say, "Awwww!" by page 5 of Sang-Keun Kim's story. Little Mole is new to his town and isn't sure where to look for friends. When Mole makes his first friend, a quiet and round little snowball, he's so excited, but no one else seems to think anyone could ever be friends with a snowball. To change their minds, Mole turns the snowball into a giant bear snowman and the two embark on a journey
Abby Johnson
This South Korean import is adorable and wistful as Little Mole wishes for a friend after he moves to a new town. He creates a friend out of snow, but the bus driver won't allow a snowball on the bus. There's a little bit of a surprise ending. It's just a super sweet tale, perfect for sharing with kids who are maybe feeling a little bit lonely.
Andrew
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This little mole has a big, precious heart. He befriends a snowball, sculpting it into a bear. Why won't any of the bus drivers let his new friends onto the bus? Little Mole makes a big wish on a star as he stays with his snowy friend-- grandma says it'll come true if you do. A sweet book of loyalty and hope.
Alyssa Gudenburr
Such a cute story about a mole who made friends with a snow bear. I got a little teary eyed at the end when he found his friend again. This would make a better one-on-one story for lower elementary children.
Bridget Neace
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a cute little story that the whole family loved. I grabbed it from the library and read it to my son and daughter--they enjoyed it so much, they insisted we hang on to it until daddy could hear it, too. :)
Read  Ribbet
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story of a friendship and loss and hope. Kim uses Little Mole's friendship with a snowman he creates to tell the story. Written with minimal narrative language and supported by gorgeous illustration, it is a wonderful book to add to a classroom collection.
Lisa Marie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This brought tears to my eyes! Surely inspired by The Snowman by Raymond Briggs, another favorite.
Anthony
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
The magic of the first snow, and what it brings to a lonely mole who is new in town, and has no friends.
Erin
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, so sweet. I love this.
Becky
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute enough. Doesn't quite woo me though. Not a bad library purchase though.
Jae
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This broke my heart.
Raven Black
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute story, but the concept is a bit sad. Not sure how a child might take the fact there is a loss, but "poof" the lost person is back. Lovely illustrations.
Judy Ripke
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: previews
This would be a good book to pair with The Snowy Day.
Heidi Doyle
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Gorgeous illustrations make this book endearing and the perseverance of little mole captured the heart.
Amy
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
A very sweet story about friendship and love.
Danielle H
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, picture-books
A lovely, sweet story with illustrations which were almost too dear.
Kristen Thorp
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
317/365
Christine D
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
The illustrations are lovely and the story is cute
Joanne
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
so sweet
Alexis
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet and magical friendship story!
PWRL
Jan 06, 2020 marked it as to-read
SM
K&E_getlit
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read so many picture books, I rarely take the time to rate them but this was SO GOOD. Just perfect. I really hope more of this authors works are translated into English.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Serious Goose
  • Amy Wu and the Perfect Bao
  • Fix That Clock

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »