Start by marking “Conviction (A New World, #2)” as Want to Read:
Conviction (A New World, #2)

Conviction

(A New World #2)

A little blue world, the third planet from the sun. It's home to 7 billion people with all manner of faiths, beliefs and customs, divided by bigotry and misunderstanding, who will soon be told they are not alone in the universe. Anyone watching from the outside would pass by this fractured and tumultuous world, unless they had no other choice.

Todd Landon is one of these pe
ebook
Published March 25th 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Conviction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conviction

Start your review of Conviction (A New World, #2)
Jason Bradley
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edb, ebook, m-m, sci-fi
This book is an amazing continuation of Contact. And boy, does the action keep up at the same pace. I was excited to see where this would go and MD Neu didn't disappoint. I'm on the edge of my seat for the next installment.
Philip
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wondered what life might be like if one morning you wake up to news reports saying that beings from another planet have arrived? If you have (I can’t be the only one) then you may enjoy M. D. Neu’s A New World series.

NineStar Press was kind enough to send me a copy of book one so I could read it in anticipation of book two, Conviction, which was is to be released into the wild on March 25, 2019.

The short blurb bit: Contact and Conviction are the first two installments in a science
Joscelyn Smith
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great follow up to Contact. I loved seeing more of Todd and how he was dealing with his loss. I enjoyed learning about the alien culture of the Nentraee as the two peoples try and find common ground with the alliance. I was already hooked on this series after book one, with the amazing installment I seriously can't wait to see what the next book has to offer.
Books That Burn
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free review copy in exchange for an honest review of this book.

Conviction depicts life after paradigms shift and tragedy strikes. It's about continuing to live, with all the small conversations and interpersonal politics involved therein, even/especially when your new co-workers are from another planet.

It has a winding pace as a budding romance is side-by-side with Todd adjusting to a new life on a spaceship and the new duties of his position, punctuated by very real danger as a gr
ChaosMoondrawn
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would rate this 4.25 stars.

This is book two in a series and really should be read in order. Mi’ko has made his son Mi’cin’ one of his aides and assigns him the task of helping Todd acclimate to the home they have made for him on the main ship. Not everyone is pleased by Todd being there, either amongst the Nentraee or the humans. Once Todd realizes the enormity of the actual task he has been given, it's too late. He is now firmly between Nentraee politics and Earth politics. There are people
Andria Potter
Following the continuation of Book One “Contact” which I read last year, and really enjoyed, I was delighted to find myself approved for this book within hours of requesting it. Therefore, my thanks to the publisher Nine Star Press, and I am pleased to have read and am reviewing almost immediately within receiving it. (If only all my requests worked out this way!)

Todd Landon is recovering from the attack that took his husband, and many of the Nantreaa that had arrived at Earth last year when the
Jonathan Pongratz
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in M.D. Neu's space epic series, and boy was it a roller coaster ride!

Todd has been elected by the Nentraee to be a middle man of sorts between Earth and the Nentraee. This means living in outer space surrounded by people he hardly knows and customs he hardly understands.

As Todd mourns over his husband's death and begins his new life managing relations between the two races, Todd learns more about the Nentraee and the challenges they face.

However, when a new threat eme
Barbara Russell
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely second part of this new, sci-fi series.
Todd is now dealing with the aftermath of his husband’s death while getting more involved with the Nentraee. He’s appointed Special Envoy and his life doesn’t just become more busy, but dangerous as well.
As the anti-alien terrorists plan another attack, Todd finds himself involved deeper with the Nentraee.
There’s more action and suspense in this second part, but the writing is gorgeous as usual. Looking forwards to reading the rest.
Verity
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been trying to think of how best to review this book has I loved its so much. Its a brilliant book I found the Nentraee fascinating and love learning about their culture and all little details that were put in.
Its was great to catch up with Todd and see how he was doing after everything that happen to him in the first book. So much happen and i dont want to say to much and spoil its for anyone..
I would totally recommend its becoming a favorite series of mine and i'm hoping there will be a t
Randall Krzak
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MD. Neu's done it again with his latest release. Follow Todd Landon and various members of the Nentraee as they deal constant issues with merging Earth with an alien race. With an engaging plot and realistic characters, this story has something for everyone: love, passion, action, betrayal, just to name a few. Well done!
J.P. Jackson
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m horribly late with this review – life has decided to throw too many curveballs my way lately, and for that I have to apologize to M.D. Neu.
Regardless, and finally, here’s my thoughts on Neu’s second book, Conviction, in his “A New World” series.
Wow, wow, wow. I really enjoyed the first installment, Contact, where our hero Todd Landon, an ‘everyman’ type of guy, ends up saving the day by simply being a good person. And the action doesn’t stop in Conviction. In fact, the themes that were intro
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The Nentraee had been traveling through space for many, many years looking for a home as theirs was destroyed. They have been traveling and living on their ship and now it is about to give up the ghost so to speak. The Nentraee need a new home and have discovered Earth as a potential new home and would very much like to make peace with the humans living there and hopefully humans and Nentraee can share the Earth and live together in peace.

But someone is not too keen on the idea of the Nentraee
Elf
Andy
May 11, 2019
Coltostallion
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
When I read the first book, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to read the sequel, but I thought I'd give it a try since it is well written it's just a bit too political for my tastes. If you liked the first book, you'll like this one as it's more of the same. A lot of politics, a little bit of relationships and a crazy zealot plus some social commentary. A good read, but again, not sure if I'd read a sequel...
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Mar 05, 2019
M.D.
Mar 05, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Kimmy
Vladimir Palyuga
Mary Cloud
James Robert

• How to (Not) Train a Firecat
  • More Than Blood (Blood #1)
  • The Magpie Lord (A Charm of Magpies, #1)
  • Holiday Blood
  • The Tentacle Monster Everyone Wanted
  • Safe in Your Fire (The Village, #1)
  • Royal Rescue
  • Alien Warrior's Baby
  • Bright Water, Dark Sky
  • Fragile Bond
  • Their Librarian (Silverdale Wolves #1)
  • Claiming Bite (Howler Brothers, #1)
  • The Toymaker's Hoard (Love Tokens #2)
  • Desert World Immigrant (Desert World, #3)
  • Unbroken (A Port Lewis Witches Novel)
  • Hearts of Fire (Chevalier, #1)
  • Ignition (Musings of Merlin, #1)
  • Academ's Fury (Codex Alera, #2)
M.D. Neu is an award-winning inclusive gay Fiction Writer with a love for writing and travel. Living in the heart of Silicon Valley (San Jose, California) and growing up around technology, he’s always been fascinated with what could be. Specifically drawn to Science Fiction and Paranormal television and novels, M.D. Neu was inspired by the great Gene Roddenberry, George Lucas, Stephen King, Alice ...more

A New World (2 books)
  • Contact (A New World #1)

News & Interviews