Start by marking “Banished From Memory” as Want to Read:
Banished From Memory

Banished From Memory

It’s 1960. Sixteen-year-old Dianna Fletcher has been accustomed to the bright lights of Hollywood all her life-but now they are casting shadows on her family’s past and on her own future.

Dianna fears she is losing her talent and failing to live up to her family’s legacy. When she does land a part, she finds an unexpected enemy in brilliant actor and womanizer, Bill Royce,
Expected publication: May 14th 2019 by Aquafire Sulis

To ask other readers questions about Banished From Memory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Banished From Memory

Erin A Epps
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is for anyone who doesn't feel like they belong. However, it's very into technical terms of the behind the scenes of movie making. If that is something that doesn't interest you then you may want to check out some other books. As I had attended Full Sail University briefly, toying with the idea of television writing, I really enjoyed the behind the scenes. That was only a small portion of the book though...and therefore this is the end of the warning part of my review.

I must admit whe
Kathryn Notestine
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love that Mary was able to create a story around a not-very-known part of history (The Hollywood Blacklist) and tie in all of these relevant and relatable pieces of 2019, like femininity, Me Too, self-discovery, independence. I thought that the characters were interesting and dynamic, and there were so many elements to make the book a really good read: history, romance, some mystery/suspense. Definitely recommend this book!
Lucas Eytchison
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As both a fan of film history, and of family mysteries, I found this book to be a great read. Sheeran blends punchy writing with a profound respect for the characters in this book. The piece of this that I found most interesting was the historical component: one doesn't need to look far even today to see how ideologies can change art culture.
JKS Communications
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the film history in this book! I had never heard of the Blacklist before, and following Mary's writing through Cold War Hollywood was enthralling. I highly recommend this to anyone who is a fan of film history, and anyone who wants a fresh take on a period that I feel is never written about!
Marissa DeCuir
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was a big fan of the main character, Dianna. It was refreshing to read a story about a girl coming into her womanhood in a time that was much more restrictive. I thought that Sheeran crafted an honest story that simultaneously gave power to women, and that explored the many ways equality can be reached.
Beverly Murphy
Lizbeth
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced digital copy of this book from the author, publisher and Netgalley.com. Thanks to all for the opportunity to read and review.

Ms. Sheehan has recreated the Hollywood of the 50's in her novel. At the center is a child star getting older from an iconic film family, unsure of where she stands not only in her career but also her life. The blacklist is in full effect and her family might have something to do with why her newest costar hates her.

Thick with behind the scenes detai
Michelle Argyle
Sheila
lou brown
Barry
Mar 14, 2019
My first novel, "Who Have the Power," began when, after studying women's history, I wanted to explore why there was such a discrepancy between the world of, say, the American West as depicted in movies and television and what actually happened.

I focused on the Comstock Lode because I had grown up with the television show, "Bonanza." This series, entertaining as it was, got almost everything wrong