Start by marking “Protecting Your Child from Predators: How to Recognize and Respond to Sexual Danger” as Want to Read:

Even good parents often underestimate the dangers their children face. Research indicates that one in four females and one in six males are sexually abused before age eighteen. In most cases, the enemy is not a faceless stranger; it's someone you know and trust--a neighbor, a coach, or even a family member.

This book provides practical steps to ensure you're doing all you c
Audio CD
Expected publication: November 5th 2019 by Blackstone Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Protecting Your Child from Predators, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protecting Your Child from Predators

Shantelle
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Protecting Your Child From Predators: How to Recognize and Respond to Sexual Danger is a great resource for parents concerning the subjects of sexuality, sexual abuse, and how to protect their children in this area. I found this book very informational, and I plan on referencing it in the future if I have children of my own. And even just as an older sister and someone who works with children, it’s helpful to know things to look for and be aware of.

The fact is, we live in a fallen world
Jolene
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recommend Protecting Your Child from Predators: How to Recognize and Respond to Sexual Danger by Beth Robinson, EdD, and Latayne C. Scott, PhD, to any caregiver.

Protecting Your Child from Predators was a surprisingly quick read. The authors presented information in a clear and concise manner. Heartbreaking stories are included for a purpose, not superfluously, but may be triggers for readers who have experienced sexual abuse.

The chapters in Protecting Your Child from Predators do not need to
Laura Langley
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Parents, grandparents and caregivers will find a sobering yet helpful resource in Beth Robinson and Latayne Scott's book, Protecting Your Child from Predators: How to Recognize and Respond to Sexual Danger. While loads of books have been written about dealing with trauma, very few offer parents and caregivers ways to avoid the necessity of trauma healing.

The authors identify for readers the most common people and places where predators are found and how they work. The authors help readers think
Martha
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
I thought the premise and set up of this book was good, but failed in the execution.
The great things about this book:
It was set up well, by age level. It was clear and easy to understand without using a ton of big words or babbling.
The poor side of it was that it was quite fear laden. I would be the first one to tell you that we need more info for parents on how to protect their children from predators. But I felt this book did a poor job of that. It instead let you know that they are everywhe
Kristen
I received a copy of Protecting Your Child from Predators from Bethany House Publishers for my honest opinion.

This is not a book that one wants to read but rather needs to read if they are a parent. I found the information presented to be very timely and important as I am a mother three children which fit into each of the categories presented.

The book is divided into three sections based upon the age of the child so if you do not have a child younger than 6, you could skip to the later two sec
Oak
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Protecting Your Child from Predators: How to Recognize and Respond to Sexual Danger is an important and informative book by Beth Robinson, EdD, and Latayne C. Scott, PhD, about protecting your children from predators. The book talks about ways to help protect young as well as older children from sexual abuse, and the authors talk about specific situations in which children may be more vulnerable to abuse.

The book reminds parents that predators can come in the form of authority figures, family fr
Mariejkt
Jul 28, 2019
B. Ellis
Jul 06, 2019
Latayne Scott
Aug 07, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Teri
Aug 29, 2019
Beth Robinson, EdD, is a licensed professional counselor and approved supervisor for licensed professional counselors. She is also a certified school counselor with a teaching certificate and is a frequent expert witness in legal proceedings involving sexual abuse. Dr. Robinson and her family live in Lubbock, Texas.