Start by marking “The Single Mums Move On” as Want to Read:
The Single Mums Move On

The Single Mums Move On

Can neighbours become more than good friends...

After her husband left her, Ali and her daughter Grace enjoyed living in what became known as 'the Single Mums' Mansion'. However, with her best friends Amanda and Jacqui moving on, it's time for Ali and Grace to make their own way. Thankfully, a chance conversation leads to them moving into the infamous South London gated

Published July 18th 2019 by Aria

To ask other readers questions about The Single Mums Move On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Single Mums Move On

Shalini
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was book 2 in the series, but that didn't disrupt my reading. I got the basic gist of book 1 and did not feel that the characters were strangers to me.

Janet Hoggarth did a fabulous job in endearing the characters to me. Ali and Grace knew it was time to make a new start and decided to move to the gated community known as The Mews with eclectic quirky characters. The neighbors were cute but so damn nosy.. I wouldn't be able to stay in such a place.

Both Ali and Grace were etched beautifully b
booksofallkinds
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from Netgalley.

THE SINGLE MUMS MOVE ON by Janet Hoggarth is a heartwarming and entertaining story of new beginnings and true friendship and I really enjoyed it.

'The Single Mums' Mansion' helped Ali and her daughter Grace find their feet when they needed it most but it is time to move on to new beginnings and when they get the opportunity to move into The Mews they jump at the chance. A community where everyone knows everything about each other, or think they do
Erin Lewis
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review The Single Mums Move on by Janet Hoggarth

Janet Hoggarth is a new author to me. This was an enjoyable read that I was able to lose myself in. I haven’t read the first book in this series, but I had no trouble reading as a stand alone.

The time has come for Ali and Grace to move out of the Single Mums Mansion and on to a new adventure. Moving to The Mews is an eye opening experience with neighbors who like to be up in each other;’s business constantly.

The story line was engaging and
Katherine Hayward Pérez
I adored The Single Mum's Mansion, which was a safe haven for single mums in London. I reviewed the book and was on the blog tour for it. I kept hoping there'd be a sequel, and this is it. The Single Mum's Move On follows Ali, a single mother and her daughter Grace as they try to find somewhere else to go after the other mums including Ali's friends Amanda and Jacqui, moved on.

During their search, they come across the opportunity to move into The Mews, a gated community in East Dulwich. There a
Jane Hunt
I enjoyed the first book in the single mums series, but for me, this one is even better. This is Ali’s story, although Amanda and Jacqui are featured. Ali is stumbling out of, yet another terrible relationship, Amanda suggests, there is a pattern to this self-destruction, and maybe she needs to be single for a while, to find out who she is, and what she wants out of life.

When it looks like Ali and Grace may have to take refuge with Amanda, a lifeline from an unexpected source, brings them to ‘Th
amanda
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I saw Single Mums in the title and knew immediately that this was the book for me. Single mommyhood representation whoo hoo!

This is the second book in this series and usually I have a thing about reading books out of order but with this book I didn’t feel lost at all. Instead I laughed a lot the entire read through and immediately went to hunt down the first book at my library..

This was a fun quick read with a host of zany and hilarious characters. The plot is original and held my interest with
Gaele
Ali and her daughter Grace used to live in the house that became the “Single Mums’ Mansion” and now as Jacqui and Amanda have moved on with their lives – she’s in need of something new and stable for the two of them. While she loved the sense of community in their small attic room, she’s also wanting to take more control of her life, and stabilize the relationship between Grace and her father. A chance meeting leads to her viewing a house in “The Mews”, a gated community in South London. The hou ...more
Grass monster
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Blurb :
After her fiancé left her, Ali and her daughter Grace enjoyed living in what became known as 'the Single Mums' Mansion'. However, with her best friends Amanda and Jacqui moving on, it's time for Ali and Grace to make their own way. Thankfully, a chance conversation leads to them moving into the infamous South London gated community known only as The Mews.
In The Mews everyone lives in each other's pockets and curtain twitching is an Olympic sport. The neighbours are an eclectic bunch –
Rebecca
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I hadn't read the previous book The Single Mum's Mansion so I was a little apprehensive going into this book. I was worried in case I couldn't gel with the characters or found some of the plot lines confusing but I needn't have been worried - it was fine. The author did give a semi background of the characters so you could go into the book having not read the previous one but she didn't go into it too much so that tho
Grace J Reviewerlady
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having really loved The Single Mums Mansion, I was thrilled to bits to get the chance to read the sequel - and it's every bit as good as I had hoped!

Single parent Ali needs to find a new home; the time to leave the mansion is now - but where will she find somewhere perfect for both her and daughter Grace, and at a rent she can afford? A chance encounter leads her to find her new home in The Mews, a gated community bursting with new people to meet. What does the future hold for them both?

A wonder
Jackie Wright
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me and I really enjoyed this entertaining, engaging read and I will certainly be looking at other books by Janet Hoggarth. This may be 2 in the series but it can certainly be read as a stand-alone as you can see see from my rating I had no problem getting into the story.
Ali and Grace are about to make their own way in life it’s time to move on and a chance meeting leads them to The Mews a South London gated community. Everyone lives in each other’s pockets at The Mews an
Kathleen Gray
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It takes a village, doesn't it? Ali and Grace move to the Mews, a community of eclectic, quirky, and entirely relatable people. You might recognize one or more of these characters- because they seem to real. This isn't heavy lifting but there are some troubled souls and secrets. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. This would be a great novel for travel or the beach- it's got a good heart.
Lori  xx
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
After Ali and little Grace left Amanda's home to begin a new chapter on their own in the gared community of The Mews, new friends are made and different obstacles of life put in the path of Ali and her friends. Like a soap opera in a book but a very easy read and entertaining with a feel good ending.
Stephanie Mckellar
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent writing once again. Not to be missed

This is the second book that I have read by this author. Please read single mums mansion first as sets the background for this book. The book was a good easy read, at times rather emotional as made you realise that this story could be about any single mum out there. MIss you laugh out loud and cry but worth a read. Enjoy
Vikkie Wakeham
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review. I hadn’t read the first book, but this was an enjoyable read. I found the book easy to read, plot was simple to follow and I would recommend this book.
shaun and Samantha mccluskie
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg !!! Amazing

I'm not really a reviewing person ..but I just wanted to say I loved this book just as much as the first one ... I didn't want it to end .. please say there will be another book would love to read more about the mews
If I could give more stars I would x