Start by marking “The Goblets Immortal” as Want to Read:
The Goblets Immortal

The Goblets Immortal

In a land where magics feared, a rare magical kind exists: the Blest, products of the Goblets Immortal. Aidans a Blest on the run, forced to return home. He made his family vanish decades ago, but believes theres a way to bring them back.

Whispers of a new fear take shape in Meraude, a mage who hates all magic-kind. When she appears in Aidans dreams offering a bargain for
Published February 20th 2020 by Flame Tree Press

To ask other readers questions about The Goblets Immortal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Goblets Immortal

Start your review of The Goblets Immortal
Lel Budge
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a tale of magic and fantasy. Aiden has a talent for making things disappear and reappear, including himself. When a friend betrays him he uses this to escape. He meets a gang of Roma, who try to poison him but in recompense he is given a goblet. He then is drawn to four Elves, who want the goblet in exchange for their slave, Slàine.

But, he decides to leave taking Slàine with him and he ends up having to throw the goblet to the Elves to escape.

Aiden begins to have dreams where an evil
Traveling Cloak
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found The Goblets Immortal to be a very unique and fun read. Aiden (the main character) is very likeable in a sort of gullable, gentle giant kind of way. This may feel like a random comparison, but he actually reminded me a lot of Dunk from A Knight of the Seven Kindgoms as gets pushed and pulled in many different directions, meets other people and beings, and visits land where the customs and traditions are unfamiliar to him.

If Aiden is Dunk, then Slaine is his Egg: a traveling companion who
Lel Budge
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Aiden begins to have dreams where an evil
Aiden Merchant
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5 .. This reviews appears on www.deadheadreviews.com -

It has been many years since Ive read anything in the fantasy genre, save The Hobbit. Seeing as Ive made a promise this year to continue expanding what I read, I thought I would give The Goblets Immortal a chance at reeling me back into the land of mystical creatures and wizards.

The synopsis sounds simple enough a magical man (considered Blest) is on the run for presumably making his parents disappear, all the while being prodded
S. Naomi Scott
DISCLAIMER: I received an advanced reader copy of this book from the publisher in return for an honest and unbiased review. My thanks to Flame Tree Press and NetGalley for giving me this opportunity.

In a world where magic is a thing to be feared, Aidan Ingledark is one of those rare individuals known as the Blest, with the power to summon or dispel objects at will. On the run from the authorities he inadvertently finds himself getting wrapped up in a quest to locate and retrieve the mystical
Sidney Prescott
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, own
(Flame Tree Press sent me a copy for free for an honest review)
The Goblets Immortal is a high fantasy, magic, mystery filled story. Aidan has had a troubled past, his family is gone and he's been on the run. He also has magic that allows him to summon and dismiss things at will. After selling his estate, then being screwed over by his friend, Aidan finds himself back on the run again.

He encounters a tribe of people called Romas who give him a strange goblet. To find out more he is called by the
Henry Lazarus
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
In Beth Ovlermsyers strange world, magic comes from The Goblets Immortal (hard from Flame Tree Press). Aiden Ingledark knows nothing of the six goblets until he barely escapes capture. Aiden can summon non-iron objects to him or dissolve the into a nothingness that he can later retrieve them from. He has always supposed he was responsible for his parents deaths. Hunted by Lord Dewhurst he is almost trapped by a friend who betrayed him. Then a witch, Meraude, come into his dreams, asking him to ...more
Natacha Wolf
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
More review here: https://natachainreviewland.wordpress...

My Rating 1.5/5

When I started reading The Goblets Immortal it, unfortunately, I immediately felt that this will be a story that needed a little bit more work and beta reading. For the best part of it, it was an okay just a simple fantasy story, but towards the end, the repetition drove me crazy. In my opinion, this is a book that targets readers that don't usually read fantasy. The story is very basic: the chosen one, a magic artefact (or
Corinne Morier
2 stars, DNF

I think this GIF should preface my review...

E-ARC received courtesy of Flame Tree Press and Anne Cater, Queen of Blog Tours.

When Anne sent this book around to her Random Things associates, I jumped on it. Normally an epic fantasy with such a low page count would give me vibes of "There can't possibly be enough worldbuilding in this book to satisfy me, and the pace is probably way too rushed." Except that almost a year ago, I received an ARC of another epic fantasy with a similar
Kelly
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such an exciting, edge-of-my-seat book! I loved it and cant wait for the next one. I need to find out what happens! If you like fantasy, interesting characters, and a well written story, youll love this book! ...more
Karen Cole
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The Goblets Immortal is fairly unusual for a fantasy novel in that it's quite a short book. This means that there isn't a great deal of world building here but consequently, the action begins almost immediately.
The book opens to find Aiden making a deal with an old friend and it's clear from the start that he isn't an ordinary man but has unique magical abilities. Having read quite a few fantasy novels, I enjoyed discovering powers I've not come across before - Aiden can Summon or
Arina✨
Feb 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-stars
Trigger warnings: (view spoiler)

I read this book like a river; its surface glistened with the promise of sunken depths. Yet ultimately, my engagement with the story fell victim to the blithe construction of the relationship between the two main characters.

Above its depths, The Goblets Immortal is a well-crafted plot that binds you to the characters destinies, especially Slaíne, a woman enslaved by elves
Loreon Mosher
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh my word this book is beyond good.
Secrets hidden in a high fantasy world that you just have to uncover...

A handsome nomad trying to clear his name and find his family, a mysterious woman with crazy secrets and a smart mouth, and four crazy old hags.... Betrayal, fighting, and romance. It just hits all the right boxes!

"There will be no disrupting, robbing, or murdering of our guest while he sleeps. Ain't polite."
When you come across a statement like this 3 chapters in you know it is going to
Natazha
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Let me start off by saying thanks to Anne and Flame Tree Press for sending me an advanced reading copy of The Goblets Immortal in exchange for an honest review, this does not affect my review. I feel honored being a part of the Random Things Blog Tour once again.

The Goblets Immortal was an engaging read with inspiring characters and unique magic system. I was immediately pulled in and could not find myself able to put it down . This book is character driven and I love myself a great character
Jessica Belmont
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Goblets Immortal is my kind of fantasy. It is a well-paced, character driven novel that immediately pulled me in and wouldnt let me put it down.

I absolutely love character driven novels. Particularly, character driven, fantasy novels. Far too often, fantasy is bogged down by excessive world building. I think Beth Overmyer did and incredible job balancing world-building with character building, giving us just enough of the world to be drawn in.

Focusing on the characters, made this story
 Reading Reindeer
An engagingly-written and very compelling fantasy which impelled from Page One. Emotionally touching with rapid-fire sword-and-sorcery action, THE GOBLETS IMMORTAL focuses on Aidan, a magic-possesser in a land where its existence is forbidden, and a new player, Meraude, a mage who is anti-magic. I anticipate more from author Beth Overmyer.
Julene
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the characters and the magic of this world. I loved the plot twists and the clues about the Blest that the author dropped along the way. I loved this story! I couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the next book!
Keturah Barchers
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
I needed a few more answers then I got at the end to entice me to pick up the next one. Fast read though and fun descriptions.
Alfred Nobile
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour, fantasy
A good start to what hopefully will be a series. More on the blog tour.
Leslie Pinson
Mar 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked this book well enough. There were just no explanations of things. You get thrown the story after it had already started, like being late to the movies. There is no real explanation of what happened to his parents and what the goblets are for. It was fast paced enough to get through it. I didn't like the relationship between Aidien and Slaine. It almost seems abusive the way he starts forcing himself on her. It's not explained at all why he feels the compulsion to have sex with her. I was ...more
Annarella
Even if the story is well crafted I didn't like the style of writing and the story wasn't enough to keep my attention.
Not my cup of tea.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Rachel Jacobson
Feb 07, 2020
Rebecca
Feb 13, 2020

• The Last Smile in Sunder City
  • Dead Wrong (DC Maggie Jamieson #2)
  • Unborn: A dystopian thriller
  • What Remains at the End
  • The Forever House
  • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2)
  • Nullpunkt
  • Master of Sorrows (The Silent Gods, #1)
  • Black Leviathan
  • Wraith
  • Basketful of Heads (2019-) #2
  • Biloxi
  • We Are Monsters
  • The Home
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 4: Keys to the Kingdom
  • Full Throttle
A fantasy author/literary writer/humorist walks into a bar. This isnt a joke. (Save me.) ...more