Start by marking “You Don't Belong Here” as Want to Read:
You Don't Belong Here

You Don't Belong Here

Two muskrat brothers become displaced due to a storm and end up in a lady's backyard. They make a big mess back there, and the lady decides it's time for them to go. She calls an exterminator who comes and sets traps to catch them. He catches one of the muskrats and relocates him in a forest near a pond. He and his brother had never been apart before, and now he was all al ...more
Published January 30th 2019 by Christian Faith Publishing, Inc

To ask other readers questions about You Don't Belong Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Don't Belong Here

Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Christian Faith Publishing and the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

1.5 stars.

Gosh I feel bad about this star rating but it is my honest opinion. I think I get what the author is trying to say in this story but it just doesn't work. I feel like this is a rough draft, both in story and the illustrations. There are too many characters and yeah, it just doesn't work for me. I know the author probably put alot of thought into the story but it d
Richard
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
What better motivation to engage your kids in reading than to write the book yourself and share your working experience in a simple story with deeper lessons and social meaning.
Well a bedtime story will never be boring after this.
Dad, turned author, had a good idea for his tale set in the animal kingdom and his most important decision was to get a wonderful illustrator on board with the project.
Write wha you know - pest control then spread the love and redefine pest. The unwanted, the displaced
Raya Whitehouse
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Cute children story good for all ages. There aren't too many words to most of the pages which helps the kids to focus on whats going on in the picture and to listen to the story without getting bored and distracted (but there is some with too many when kids start to get antsy to look at a new picture) . Cute childlike drawings draw the kids in to look more closely at whats going on and remark on it.

The book is about a pair of muskrat brothers, and even describes what a muskrat is so that the par
Leah Horton
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m on the fence with this book. I liked the story. It was definitely a feel good, happy ending kind of story and it worked. The pictures, being roughly drawn were still really cute and I actually liked them for this story.

What I struggled with was I felt it sometimes was quite wordy where it didn’t need to be. Sometimes it was hard to follow for this reason. As a kids book with a happy ending I think it’s great. Just not for myself and my kids.
Dorothy  Scott
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marty gets separated from his brother and placed in a little pond. He feels very scared and alone. You Don’t Belong Here is a lovely illustrated story about how Marty makes a place for himself with the other animals near his new home and deals with new problems.

Ann
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute book with an great life lesson; Never judge anyone until you get to know them. A story about feeling left out and then meeting new people and making friends. Thank you Christian Faith Publishing via NetGalley for the copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own
Julia
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, bbrc
This is a feel good happy ending story, which feels like it could do with another editing. Some of the text is convoluted, there are a lot of characters to follow, and the pictures might not appeal to children.
Rogene Carter