Start by marking “You Don't Belong Here” as Want to Read:
You Don't Belong Here

You Don't Belong Here

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  13 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Two muskrat brothers become displaced due to a storm and end up in a lady's backyard. They make a big mess back there, and the lady decides it's time for them to go. She calls an exterminator who comes and sets traps to catch them. He catches one of the muskrats and relocates him in a forest near a pond. He and his brother had never been apart before, and now he was all ...more
Published January 30th 2019 by Christian Faith Publishing, Inc

To ask other readers questions about You Don't Belong Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Don't Belong Here

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of You Don't Belong Here
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Christian Faith Publishing and the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

1.5 stars.

Gosh I feel bad about this star rating but it is my honest opinion. I think I get what the author is trying to say in this story but it just doesn't work. I feel like this is a rough draft, both in story and the illustrations. There are too many characters and yeah, it just doesn't work for me. I know the author probably put alot of thought into the story but it
Richard
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
What better motivation to engage your kids in reading than to write the book yourself and share your working experience in a simple story with deeper lessons and social meaning.
Well a bedtime story will never be boring after this.
Dad, turned author, had a good idea for his tale set in the animal kingdom and his most important decision was to get a wonderful illustrator on board with the project.
Write wha you know - pest control then spread the love and redefine pest. The unwanted, the displaced
Martha
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a nice childrens story with a good message. My rating: 4.25.

Marty and Manny are muskrat brothers who get displaced by a flood. They end up at a neighborhood yard where the homeowner finds them cute until they start ravishing her garden. She announces, you dont belong here and calls the pest control who captures Marty and releases him far away.

Marty is initially rejected by the other creatures he finds at the wood pond. But then he steps up to help them face a bully that has been
Raya Whitehouse
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Cute children story good for all ages. There aren't too many words to most of the pages which helps the kids to focus on whats going on in the picture and to listen to the story without getting bored and distracted (but there is some with too many when kids start to get antsy to look at a new picture) . Cute childlike drawings draw the kids in to look more closely at whats going on and remark on it.

The book is about a pair of muskrat brothers, and even describes what a muskrat is so that the
Seraphia
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You Don't Belong Here by Sean O'Toole is a great story for young children. It tells a basic simple story about a variety of wild animals beginning with a couple of muskrat brothers.
The story and dialogue is basic and easy to understand. The pictures aren't perfect but they do a great job illustrating the story and are enough to engage young readers.
I love how the author breaks down for young readers the differences about the different animals in the story. It is an enjoyable story and also
Leah Horton
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Im on the fence with this book. I liked the story. It was definitely a feel good, happy ending kind of story and it worked. The pictures, being roughly drawn were still really cute and I actually liked them for this story.

What I struggled with was I felt it sometimes was quite wordy where it didnt need to be. Sometimes it was hard to follow for this reason. As a kids book with a happy ending I think its great. Just not for myself and my kids.
Dorothy  Scott
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marty gets separated from his brother and placed in a little pond. He feels very scared and alone. You Dont Belong Here is a lovely illustrated story about how Marty makes a place for himself with the other animals near his new home and deals with new problems.

Pat Eroh
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story because it was fun and I enjoyed getting to know the little creatures. Plus the lesson that all good books, (especially children's books) have is a really good one. No one should feel (or be made to feel) like they do not belong. Great book!

Ann
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute book with an great life lesson; Never judge anyone until you get to know them. A story about feeling left out and then meeting new people and making friends. Thank you Christian Faith Publishing via NetGalley for the copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own
Julia
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is a feel good happy ending story, which feels like it could do with another editing. Some of the text is convoluted, there are a lot of characters to follow, and the pictures might not appeal to children.
Diane Kerl
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a grandmother of a 9 yr old and 5 yr old. I have to say we all enjoyed tremendously. Great children's book.
Rogene Carter

• All Hearts Come Home for Christmas
  • Geo Detectives: Water Cycle
  • Geo Detectives: Volcanoes & Earthquakes
  • The World at Night: Spectacular photographs of the night sky
  • Good News! It's Christmas!
  • Cities Around the World: A Global Search and Find Book