Start by marking “The Goddess Gets Her Guy” as Want to Read:

The Goddess Gets Her Guy

What happens when the goddess meets Mr. Right...but she absolutely can't tell him who she really is?

After leaving his job as a cardiac surgeon, Dr. Aaron Samuels needs a new purpose in his life. Wanting to help his patients even if he can't operate, he heads to the Puerto Rican rainforest to find a cure for heart disease. He never imagined he'd meet a beautiful, mysterious
Published November 26th 2019 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The Goddess Gets Her Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Goddess Gets Her Guy

Start your review of The Goddess Gets Her Guy
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Goddess Gets Her Guy by Ashly Chase

Paranormal romance. Last book in all the cross connected series. Characters from most of the previous books make appearances which is fun if the previous books were read. If not, can be difficult to keep track of who is related or connected.

In this story Mother Nature looks for companionship of her own after following the romances of many of her paranormal subjects (the books in the series). Her sisters, Fate and Karma help and they all agree that Aaron is
Elodie
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ashlyn Chase
Release date 11/26/2019
Publisher Sourcebooks Casablanca

Blurb :

Nora-adrienne
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gaia is losing it. She's putting the supernaturals who married humans on trial for doing what they were meant to do, FALL IN LOVE! Unfortunately it's with a human, a total no no by Gaia's single rule. Her sisters Fate and Karma step in to try and chill her out. Finally they decide they know what the problem is. Gaia needs to meet someone and learn to enjoy the same things her creations do..

Let's hope she doesn't blow up the world while learning how to deal with dating and thinking about what
Mary Kirkland
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Gaia aka Mother Nature is old as dirt and a bit grumpy. She's been yelling and talking down to so many of the paranormals that her sisters Fate and Karma decide that she needs a date. So they set up a dating profile for Gaia on a dating app. Gaia has one rule and that's for paranormals never to show their powers to humans and she's beyond sick and tired of them breaking her rules.

The dating does not go well because the men her sisters are fixing her up with are just not her type. She did find a
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
**My thanks to NetGalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

I have read a few books from this author and have so far loved every book that i have come across. The only reason that this book did not get 5 stars is because it is a little heavy on the save the world theme.

I did love that we got to see characters from two other the authors other series, Boston Dragons and Phoenix Brothers and that they now all know each other and have relocated to
Gale
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That old tagline stuck in my head as soon as I picked up this book. It's a hoot! Gaia, Mother Nature herself, is looking for a significant other. She's cranky, she's pretty full of herself, and she is all knowing - what chance does a guy have in her world? Enter Dr. Aaron Samuels - someone who seems like just a nice all around guy. Loved him! Let's say this story is over the top with laughs and paranormal folks and the learning of love and just what kind of *star stuff* you are made of. Cute ...more
Darcy
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, audio-book, pnr
This one was just ok for me. A big part of that was due to Gaia, I didn't really like her. In the past books I liked her when she would pop in, but a whole book with her was a bit much. She is the ultimate "me" girl. Aaron was a good match for her, someone steady and stable, someone who understood the demands on her time and had his own interests. I'm glad they worked things out, but I was also glad to be done with the book.
Donna
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Mother Nature is urged by her sisters, Fate and Karma, to let them find a date/man for her. Mother Nature's goddess name is Gaia. She is the head goddess and is very strict with her paranormal subjects. Gaia is highly irritated that her subjects cannot keep her number one rule, never reveal your supernatural powers to anyone, not even your mate. Mother Nature/Gaia decides to go to the rain forests of Puerto Rico to get away from it all and meets Dr. Aaron Samuels who is there to do research. The ...more
Carrie
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This is the last of the wild and crazy installments in this world (I think), so maybe this isn't the place to start the series. Instead, if you've been watching this all play out, it wraps up things nicely for all involved.

Gaia, aka Mother Nature, has played a big role in the previous books set in this world. Some more than others, but she is almost always pretty mean about it, even when she's helpful. I have to admit, I had a really hard time liking her. Sure, I guess everybody deserves to get
Darla
Bringing back characters from her previous series, Strange Neighbors, Boston Dragons, and Phoenix Brothers, this book opens with Gaia ~ aka Mother Nature ~ putting her paranormals on trial for breaking her number one rule ~ don't tell humans what you are. Fate and Karma intervene during the trial telling Gaia that she needs to find her soulmate. They set her up on some dates which don't go well but Gaia finds someone on her own. Fed up with everyone, Gaia escapes to the rainforest where she ...more
Anne Szlachcic
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
To fully appreciate this book I would say it is not just recommended that the previous books be read first - but essential ………. as this book is almost in two parts . The first being Gaia's (Mother of All) romance with widower Aaron and the tying together of The Author's previous paranormal books protagonists' lives .

Aaron is a widower , with two teenage daughters , looking for a career change - he can no longer be a Cardiac Surgeon .
Gaia , Mother of All , has found the restrictions she imposed
Sandra R
Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Firstly I want to say that this is a really well written fantasy/paranormal/romance tale. Secondly, this is NOT a standalone by any means. Thirdly, you need to read it AFTER the other books Ms Chase has written or you will be as clueless as I was. Sadly, I haven't read any of her other books as yet (I intend to now), so this book was a bad decision on my part to review.

I think it's a wrap up of sorts, for at least a dozen other paranormal books (shapeshifters, dragons, witches etc) - a big
romancebookjunkie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the hero in this book was older (with 2 grown up children of his own) because in no way did the blurb make it sound this way. My only problem was that he was characterised as such a dad that all I could think of was him being my dad and then by the time romance eventually rolled around I was a bit ick about it.

Our heroine is Mother Nature and looking to find a mate of her own. Her sisters (Karma and Fate) try to hook her up online to different degrees
Ashley Dawn
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an interesting one. Gaia has been the supreme being in all the books I've read by Ashlyn Chase. This book is how Gaia gets her guy. I have to admit it was quite funny to see Fate and Karma at work in different ways. It was really good to catch up with past characters to see what was new with them. I still adore the phoenix mother and how she dotes on all her kids.

Aaron was an intriguing choice for the goddess to make for a friend and confidant. Their meeting was quite amusing and I
Shana
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was not my cup of tea. It has a breezy, superficial tone that reminded me of romantic comedies from the 1950s and 60s. I kept imagining Jayne Mansfield playing Gaia.

Gaia is a bossy Mother Nature, who gets a taste of her own medicine when she falls for a human, Aaron. I liked Aaron, I thought he was a grounded character. I found Gaia naive and annoying. The same joke about her being out of touch with humanity was played over and over.

I couldn’t get into this and struggled to finish it. I’
Andrea
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I always wanted to read a book by Ashlyn Chase because she has been highly recommended. This book was my first experience. It doesn’t list a series but almost feels like a continued story. I found a lot of promise with the book description. Unfortunately the tone of the book was similar to a “zany” sitcom and I’m not a fan sitcoms and their dialogue. The tone not withstanding at it is a stylistic preference, the author has an easy to read style. However, there were too many side stories that ...more
Robin
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an entertaining, well-written book. Gaia (Mother Nature) is fed up with paranormals breaking rule about not revealing their supernatural powers to humans and transports herself to the rain forest to calm down. She encounters Dr. Aaron Samuels, who has left his job as a cardiac surgeon. They open up to each other about the troubles in their lives, and Gaia begins to wonder what would happen if she opened her heart and was honest with Aaron...and herself. I enjoyed this book and would ...more
Karen Roma
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
The Goddess Gets Her Guy by Ashlyn Chase definitely has some fun and humorous moments, with Mother Nature “Gaia” at the mercy of her sisters Fate and Karma when a decision is made that she seriously needs some lovin`. So, while I didn’t mind the story or the concept, The Goddess Gets Her Guy is not one of my favourite books by this author, and not necessarily a PNR that I would recommend ahead of other fabulous stories. I will say though, that the cover is exceptional. ...more
Janis Lauzon
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! I loved the banter in it. The characters are quirky, and smart-mouthed, and oh so funny. Poor Mother Nature! She can't seem to find a man or hang onto one so her entourage decide to help her. An socially awkward human doctor stumbles onto the scene and finds himself in more trouble than he can handle. Some want to help because they care, others just want to make life difficult for her, but love will always win!
Annarella
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's the first book I read in this series and found it entertaining and engrossing.
I liked the great world building, the fleshed out cast of characters and the well crafted plot.
I will surely read the other installment in this series.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Suzanne Christensen
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a light fun read about a cranky goddess searching for love. Gaia or Mother Nature, is a grumpy, stressed out lady. Her sisters post to find her true love. But true love finds itself. This is silly and funny and good fun.
Mary Mitchell
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible ending to a fabulous series. This book is about Gia and her struggle to find balance in her life. This is a fun book and the characters you get to read about from the other books is great. A definite must read!!!
Hmr28
Dec 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Absolutely terrible, basically unreadable.
Rebecca Goss
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mother Nature tries internet dating? Sounds unlikely and is hilarious! The author combines mythology and the paranormal to create a community full of love and fun. What an enjoyable read!
Tracie R
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgally
A good story, funny and entertaining. I like the characters and the overall read and would read more by this author
Amy
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read, links all her other series together. You don't have to have read her other books to read this one but you will definitely want to after you this.
Nibrock
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A good romance. It seemed longer than the rest, but maybe because we check up on so many of the previous couples.
Smut Report
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc2019
Review also available at The Smut Report.

Heat Factor: The sex is infrequent but quite detailed.
Character Chemistry: They spend barely any time together.
Plot: Fate and Karma decide to find Mother Nature a boyfriend. Maybe if she gets laid, she’ll stop being so pissy all the time.
Overall: The premise is soooo ridonkulous; the execution is sooooo earnest.

The Goddess Gets Her Guy is a zany romp that is bogged down by way too many side plots and secondary characters. While it’s being sold as a
Stacey
rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2019
Ani
Dec 31, 2019

• Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • Home for the Holidays (Heart of the Wolf #28; Silver Town Wolf #9)
  • Wolf Rebel (SWAT, #10)
  • Chosen Mate (Crescent Moon #9)
  • The Ghost of Christmas Past (Southern Ghost Hunter)
  • Risk It All (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters #2)
  • A Lady's Past (Everton Domestic Society, #4)
  • Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
  • A Dangerous Collaboration (Veronica Speedwell, #4)
  • Miss Frost Says I Do (Jayne Frost, #7)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • A Wicked Hunger (Creatures of Darkness #1)
  • Gambling on the Artist
  • Conquer the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #15)
  • Stephan (Caveman Instinct #1)
Ashlyn Chase has been a registered nurse for 20 years. During those years, she wrote articles for professional journals and a thesis, but eventually, thank goodness, discovered the joy and freedom of writing fiction.

Ashlyn considers herself lucky. Her degree in behavioral sciences is a combination of psychology and sociology, so she has worked with and studied people most of her life. She never