Start by marking “Rose Scented Murder (Alistair Fitzjohn #8)” as Want to Read:
Rose Scented Murder (Alistair Fitzjohn #8)

Rose Scented Murder

(Alistair Fitzjohn #8)

The Adelphi Theatre is about to close its doors for the last time when Howard Greenwood’s lifeless form is found on the floor of his dressing room shrouded in long-stemmed red roses. Was this the act of a killer looking to ridicule the celebrated actor or did it reflect a darker connotation for his murder?

DCI Fitzjohn questions the significance of the roses as layer upon
Published March 29th 2019 by J. Henderson

To ask other readers questions about Rose Scented Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rose Scented Murder

Start your review of Rose Scented Murder (Alistair Fitzjohn #8)
Coco.V
Feb 06, 2021 marked it as added-it
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/6/2021)! 🎁
Carl
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Author Jill Paterson has put together an interesting story with plausible, interesting characters. I love this series, all the characters and how they are all intertwined. Although the series takes places in modern times, the Fitzjohn series seems a little old fashioned; it often reminds me of Adam Dalgleish or even a Barry Fitzgerald character in an English flavored Christie mystery. (Which is good!) “Rose Scented Murder” features a surprisingly complex, murder plot that baffles police protagon ...more
M
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, quick-read police procedural with cozy-ish ambiance

This short book features a surprisingly complex, murder storyline that baffles police protagonists, DCI Alistair Fitzjohn and DS Martin Betts. Several twists and very good red herrings kept me turning pages.

An amusing subplot has Fitzjohn “talking to” his cantankerous neighbor, Rhonda Butler, about a large number of plants she’s growing for her nephew’s school horticultural project.

As usual, I enjoyed following the believable polic
kati yates
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Each one better than the last

I have just finished reading this entire series sequentially. I enjoyed each book, the plots were similar, but differed enough to keep my interest. They are quick reads and I found them a nice diversion after a busy day.
The last book has some editing issues with names at key points. Madeline is replaced by Margot, Greenway for Greenwood, and when an important scene is described Delores (another character) is named when it should have been Madeline. I did not notice
Ellen White
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Baffling case, that ties in an old case, and then two new murders and attempted murder. With roses and the strong scent of roses being left at the crime scene. Fitzjohn and .Betts, come across that a manuscript saying his wife was murdeeed. Then we have blackmail, the drama seemed real they were actirs. The final show, the place is being demolished. A hint of romance, trouble with his neighbor, and a decision he makes that surprises even him. Good easy mystery to figure out, and one loves the tw ...more
Jane
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!

Love reading the Inspector Fitzjohn series. There are a lot of ups and downs concerning this double murder case. You will be on pins and needles up to the very end. There is also some intrigue of a personal nature which we will hopefully hear more about in the next book!
Doreen
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent!

DCI Fitzjohn and DS Betts are a great team of police investigating murders in Sydney. Each entry has a different type case, is a terrific murder mystery, and a delightful reading experience. Traditional cozy mystery at its finest!
Jacqueline
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one as well, really too bad this is the last book of the series
Candace
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fitzjohn series

I binge read your Fitzjohn series and enjoyed them all. I'm hoping there will be a book 9. Characters are extremely interesting
Margaret Hier
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Rainy day good reading

Love following the various character development of the story and the glimpses of Australian living. Award winning Orchids to Jill Paterson
Cathy Roberts
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing

A fast moving at that kept me fascinated. Characters were amazing. I was constantly wondering who was the culprit. Enjoy
Bonnie
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am enjoying this series. This may be my favorite.
Scott aka Prison Preacher
A good read, it was clean, so that’s a plus Fitzjohn’s character is likable and the story kept me interested
shirley bryan
Nov 16, 2019
Joyce Harp
Jun 05, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dark Harbor (Sam Lawson #3)
  • Bitter Poison (Village Mysteries Book 5)
  • THE VICTIM IN VICTORIA STATION (Dorothy Martin Mystery Book 5)
  • Murder at Flood Tide (The DI Jack Knox mysteries Book 2)
  • Deadly Connections (Detective Sarah Spillman, #1)
  • Gales of November (Ray Elkins Thrillers #9)
  • Fury (Kate Redman Mysteries, #11)
  • DRY BONES a cozy murder mystery (Village Mysteries Book 3)
  • These Little Lies (D.I. Siv Drummond #1)
  • The Missing And The Dead (DI Tom Blake, #3)
  • Murder, Key West Style (Nick Steele, #5)
  • Death in Dalkinchie (Dalkinchie Mysteries Book 1)
  • MALICE IN MINIATURE (Dorothy Martin Mystery Book 4)
  • Old Soldiers Never Die (Village Mysteries #1 )
  • The Unsub (Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery, #7)
  • The Trouble at Turtle Beach: A Kate Benedict Paranormal Mystery (The Kate Benedict Series Book 6)
  • The Body in the Transept (Dorothy Martin Mystery Book 1)
  • The Lifeline (Village Mysteries Book 6)
Jill Paterson is best known for her popular Fitzjohn Mystery Series. Set in the city of Sydney and its environs, it features DCI Alistair Fitzjohn. A police officer of the old guard, Fitzjohn's methodical, painstaking methods are viewed by some as archaic. Nevertheless, over the years, they have brought him success as well as the respect of all but one of his colleagues; Chief Superintendent Grieg ...more

Alistair Fitzjohn (8 books)
  • The Celtic Dagger (Alistair Fitzjohn, #1)
  • Murder at the Rocks (Alistair Fitzjohn, #2)
  • Once Upon a Lie (Alistair Fitzjohn, #3)
  • Lane's End (Alistair Fitzjohn, #4)
  • Deadly Investment (Alistair Fitzjohn, #5)
  • Poisoned Palette (Alistair Fitzjohn, #6)
  • The Fourth String (Alistair Fitzjohn, #7)

News & Interviews