Start by marking “Building a Resilient Tomorrow: How to Prepare for the Coming Climate Disruption” as Want to Read:
Building a Resilient Tomorrow: How to Prepare for the Coming Climate Disruption

Building a Resilient Tomorrow: How to Prepare for the Coming Climate Disruption

Climate change impacts-more heat, drought, extreme rainfall, and stronger storms-have already harmed communities around the globe. Even if the world could cut its carbon emissions to zero tomorrow, further significant global climate change is now inevitable. Although we cannot tell with certainty how much average global temperatures will rise, we do know that the warming w ...more
Published November 1st 2019 by Oxford University Press, USA (first published October 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Building a Resilient Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Building a Resilient Tomorrow

Start your review of Building a Resilient Tomorrow: How to Prepare for the Coming Climate Disruption
Kaitlyn
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a well-organized overview of policy options and examples for climate adaptation/resilience. I was surprised to find that I was eager to keep reading about climate finance and catastrophe insurance because it was so well-written.
Matthew Parent
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it
First off, I think this book is good if you are just getting into the area of climate change adaptation. It is particularly useful for American's entering the climate change adaptation / resiliency space - particularly if you are entering government (municipal, sub-national, and national), industry, corporate sectors, etc. If you are not American, it can still be helpful; but there are many other resources out there that would likely be more applicable to your work / life than this book. I guess ...more
Russell Atkinson
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
As the title suggests, this book concentrates on resilience, which in this context means resilience against the consequences of climate change. The authors who are experts in the field, describe various ways organizations and governmental entities can provide that resilience. They address such issues as building on or near shorelines or in flood plains, modifying laws to shift liability for climate disasters to incentivize parties to build in more resilient ways, or to relocate, preparing the he ...more
Julien
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english, environment
My first read on the subject et resilience on climate change. It was a very interesting take on how the society can prepare, be it in term of require law change, economic and even military.

This approach, resilience, is also applicable to many other things. Even if personally I cannot directly apply those suggested changes. It can help me decide on how to vote or how to simply talk about various subjects (and of course climate change).
Abrar
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Strategies for future challenges with real examples in resent years.
Matt Heavner
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The last 15 pages moved it from 4 stars to 5 stars. This book is a good balance of breadth and depth. Critically important and very broad impacts across society.
Louis C Smith
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blueprint for surviving climate change

The collective and cultivated ignorance about climate change that is now enveloping the world is a crime against humanity. These authors detail how to move forward.
Jenny
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Smart, clear eyed book about the types of policies we need to adapt to climate change. The focus on adaptation leaves no room for fretting about what is coming or even if we can stop it - it conveys a sense of hope and practicality on what we need to do now.
Irene Kaloyannis
Sep 03, 2020
Preston
Mar 13, 2020

• If I Never Met You
  • The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2)
  • Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It
  • 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in This Strange World
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Mother Knows Best
  • Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination
  • No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference
  • A defesa do espaço cívico
  • Drogas: As Histórias que Não Te Contaram
  • The Autobiography of My Mother
  • Se quiser mudar o mundo: Um guia político para quem se importa
  • A Warning