Start by marking “Abundance” as Want to Read:
Abundance

Abundance

Alex is part of Earth’s last hope: a crew member on a ship sent out from a dying planet, wishing for a second chance. He wakes from his cryo pod to find destruction. Their mission has failed, he and his commander, Luke Belka, are the only ones to survive the journey.

Luke insists that help must be coming, that one of the other ships on the mission must also have reached thi
Published March 4th 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Abundance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abundance

Lisa
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*stars

Another delve into the world of SciFi.

Alex and Luke are awoken from cryosleep after their colony ship lands on "New Earth". After having travelled for nearly 100 years, leaving a dying Earth behind, they are one of 6 ships making the journey. After a malfunction on board their ship some decades before, they are rendered the sole survivors....

This is told from Alex's POV and I missed Luke's voice. Alex is grief stricken when he discovers that many colleagues and especially his best frie
Isabel✨
Abundance is a sci-fi survival book about two men, Luke and Alex, who are the lone survivors of a malfunction of their colony ship when it lands on New Earth. As they set about surviving on an unknown world, a relationship between the two develops.

The two big emotions that this book plays with are hope and grief, deeply felt by Luke and Alex, respectively. The first quarter or so of Abundance focuses almost exclusively on Alex's grief with respect two the deaths of all of the other passengers o
Mar
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, sci-fi
Abundance is a book about Alex and Luke being the only survivors from Earth and they're on this new planet called New Earth . It's a book about their journey and whether the human race lives on.

What I like about the book is actually that the first scene really captured me. The way Spark wrote about Alex being drained from his cryo pod and the emptiness he felt knowing that his friends had died. Then meeting Luke and watching that friendship begin, bud and turn into something that was unexpected
A.D. Lawless
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed Abundance. I loved reading about Alex exploring the planet and Luke's slow acceptance of their new reality. It was heart wrenching and beautiful. Fully recommend giving this a read.
Coltostallion
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two men out of thousands survive landing on an alien planet. They both react very differently, but both reactions are so realistic and possible that it hurt. It was so easy for me to see a situation not too different occurring in the future and it was almost terrifying. I can't imagine being as strong as Alex. This was a great journey into the human psyche and if it leaves you feel a little unbalanced, maybe it's for the best.
Alex (HEABookNerd)
After being awoken from cryosleep, Alex discovers he and one other man are the only survivors of their 100 year journey to New Earth. A malfunction has killed everyone else on board their ship and now they've landed on New Earth alone. I was excited for an interesting survival science fiction romance and while certain parts of Abundance were really good, other parts dragged.

Overall, I liked Alex as our narrator; he's a likable and easy going guy who could work on his confidence a bit. He's devas
Charlotte
Alex has been asleep for about a hundred years when he wakes up on his crashed 44026155inter-galactic ship. The ship is supposed to be bringing colonists to a new world, one that is viable and ready to be populated by humans. Earth was running out of time, so ships were dispatched with a variety of people on board.

When Alex wakes up…most of the people on his ship have been killed because of a malfunction. His best friend and the woman who encouraged Alex to ship out despite his being gay (appare
Jo Liedel
Mar 08, 2019
Paul
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was good overall. Kind of a slow start, but a good plot. Good character development and interaction between the main characters, and author did a great job creating emotion and empathy in this reader. I have mixed feelings about the end, but that may be by design. The author has a lot of talent, and I'll keep an eye out for future work.

I really appreciate the copy for review!
Amy
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s, own-them
This was a very entertaining read! I liked the world building and the storyline. The guys were great, I’m glad they had eachother. They had love and eachother in the new world. I could totally feel Alex’s emotions and what he was going through, so for him to be happy in the end, really made the story perfect!
M Hew
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short but sweet story of finding love and learning to cope with biggest lemon life could throw at you. The two heroes are great together and sweet. I struggled with the ending and how hopeful the two Heroes were because if I was in their predicament I wouldn’t be hopeful I’d be hysterical.
Tammie