Start by marking “Ice Hard (New York Nighthawks, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ice Hard (New York Nighthawks, #2)

Ice Hard

(New York Nighthawks #2)

Hockey’s resident bad boy is hell on skates. But when he falls in love, he falls hard.

“Tracy Goodwin is an author to watch.”—Kelly Jamieson, USA Today bestselling author of the Aces Hockey series

Nick: As one of the New York Nighthawks, I’ve got it all: fame, success, wealth, plus I’m handsome as hell.
As for my relationships? They could be better.
I know how to d
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 232 pages
Published October 8th 2019 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Ice Hard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Hard

Start your review of Ice Hard (New York Nighthawks, #2)
Dee
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books

Tracy Goodwin is a new to me author, but I definitely think I'm going to go back and read her other novels. Especially the first book in this series Ice Hot. I didn't read that one going into this one, but I didn't feel like I needed to. The couple in the first book appear in this one, but this book is more about Cami and Nick's romance. Which is what I love about romance series! You don't have to read them in order.

I LOVE ho
Sandy S
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars--

About the book: Release Date October 8, 2019

As for my relationships? They could be better.
I know how to do one-night stands, but I’m starting to crave something more.
Then I meet Camille Benetti.
She’s sexy, smart, sarcastic—totally my kind of girl.
The only problem? Cami doesn’t date hockey playe
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"—he's more than sex on a stick. He's genuine, and unlike any man I've ever met, let alone dated. I don't know how much longer I can resist his charms."

This is the second book I've read by this author and I've confirmed it's not a fluke, she's so very talented and her words are life. I devoured this story. I could not put it down.

Nick's nickname is the Dominator. He dominates on the ice and knows how to get under the skin of his opponents. He does his research and learns what buttons to
Michele
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ice Hard was a fun romance with a satisfying HEA. Nick is a swoony hockey player who has two personas. He has his "hockey persona" as the alpha male dominating player on the ice who takes no crap. Then he also has the sensitive side that opens himself up to Cami I search of the connection and relationship that his best friend has found with his wife. Cami has been through a bad relationship with her ex-husband who unfortunately was also a hockey player but not a loyal one. Nick has to prove hims ...more
Isha Coleman
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ice Hard (New York Nighthawks #2) by: Tracy Goodwin

Goodwin has me rethinking my stand on sports romance. Ice Hard takes the drama off the ice and into the real world. Cami and Nick have quite a bit to learn when it comes to matters of the heart. The player is about to get played and with a little help from fate, maybe find his perfect match. Ice Hard is a tidal wave of emotion. From the humorous dialogue to the heated tension and the battle weary drama, Ice Hard proves itself to be a triple
Dotti Elrick
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Ice Hard. Book two in the Nighthawks series.
I really liked the first book, this one I struggled with a bit.
It was a good romance story. Boy meets girl, girl wants nothing to do with boy, boy wins her over, they live happily ever after. Do you see what I left out in that description? The hockey. That’s what I missed in this book. We’re told he’s a hockey player, there are lots of references to hockey type things (practices, travel, playoffs, the cup), but very little actual “ice time”. Disappoin
Tina "IRead2Escape"
I am a huge fan of sports romance, so I feel I should start by prefacing that I read a lot of books in that sub-genre and I'm pretty hard to please. I found Ice Hard enjoyable. The story was well developed and flowed nicely. The characters were funny, charming, and fun. My only hang up was that there were times the book became almost repetitive for me. It just didn't hold my attention or stand out particularly. I literally stopped reading it several times to read other books and then would go ba ...more
Katie
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I get tunnel vision when I see "Hockey Romance" in a book blurb and sometimes I'm left underwhelmed. Ice Hard hooked me with the opening chapters, but let me down quickly.

Nick and Cami's story had a lot of promise but there was just too much descriptive dialogue of nonessential elements and characters that left so little room for dialogue between Nick and Cami that would have helped build their story: connection, emotions, feelings . . . There was a relationship that I had no emotional conne
Avid Reader
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ice Hard (New York Nighthawks #2) by Tracy Goodwin
4 stars
M/F Romance
Triggers: Infertility
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Nick is loving his life. But, now that he has friends that have started to find their forever person, Nick knows that he wants that too. He's down to earth, charming, a beast on the ice and a fierce friend. When Nick runs in to Camille at a bar where his friend is having his bachelor party, he knows that he wants to get to know her better. She intrig
Sofia Lazaridou
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it

Ice Hard is the second book in the New York Nighthawks series by Tracy Goodwin. The main characters of the first book appear quite often in this one, but each book is a stand-alone and features a different couple.

The main characters are Nick a hockey player and Cami who does not date hockey players because her ex-husband is one and ended up cheating on her. There is more to Cami's past, but I am gonna leave you to find out about it by yourselves.

My overall experience with the book was n
Mary Mooney
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
Nick is part of the Nighthawks hockey team and best friend to Chris who is about to marry the girl of his dreams. As Nick watches his friend fall deeper in love, Nick is wondering if he will find his HEA. So he decides to take matters into his own hands by joining a dating site without telling his buddy.
The night of Chris' bachelor party, Nick meets Cami and he begins to see and feel that there might b
Veronica
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Nick meets Cami at this best friend's bachelor party and they hit it off. But Cami does not date hockey players. Nick does well to get around Cami's defences but Cami's issues put some big hurdles in their past and the whole time they are flirting and dating you feel like it is only a matter of time before she bolts.

Nick and Cami were a fun couple and with good chemistry but I found after their initial date that my interest
Stephanie Panach
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really really really enjoyed this book! I am a sucker for a hockey romance with a GOOD guy. And please don't doubt - Nick is one of the good ones. Cami comments on it all the time - and she is right - there are not a lot of guys like Nick. He keeps his domination on the ice and treats Cami as an equal partner from the first moment he sees her. I loved the fact that he showed his respect and support for her as an individual throughout the book. He said he was interested in her - and really help ...more
Jackie D
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hockey Romances are my jam!
I was excited to read the second book In The New York Nighthawk series between Nick and his unlikely love connection Cami!
Their story is a bit of a conundrum when one pushes the other pulls. Still, their intense connection keeps them coming back for more, with of course a smack-talking, ready to fight speedbump, along with some insecurities and stubbornness to overcome.
If Nick is about to find Cami heart is more of a challenge to obtain than any Hockey Goal- is he will
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second book in the series, and I would recommend that you read them in order, as Chris and Serena's story is great, and as we get to see them marry and feature a lot in this book, it would give you a background to the team too.

In many ways this book deserves 4*s but for me it just missed the mark by setting up the drama so completely that I knew it was coming, and didn't really then ring quite true. I really
My Secret Book Spot
This was my first Tracy Goodwin book and I'd have to say it was just ok for me. I enjoyed getting to know Nick and Camille, the Nighthawks, and parts of Camille's family. The story had some really promising moments and characters that I genuinely was rooting for, I just found it too formulaic for me and didn't really connect with the believe-ability of several of the plot points.

Nick was very relatable, likeable, and someone you wanted to cheer for on and off the rink. Camille was harder for me
Samantha (WLABB)
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Cami frustrated me at times, but I really did like these two together. I especially liked how Nick was looking for more, which he thought he found in Cami, and was willing to fight for her. There were some fun musical moments, which won me over, but I think it was the ending I enjoyed the most.

BLOG | INSTAGRAM |TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS
Rochelle
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is the first book that I have read from this author and it was a good read. This is book 2 in the series but can be read as a standalone. I love a good sports romance. Nick and Cami were a great couple. The storyline was a bit predictable in parts but there were parts that they dealt with real issues that they needed to overcome to be able to move forward in their relationship. I loved the epilogue and being able to catch a glimpse of their future.

I received an ARC of this book from NetGal
Diane Lynch
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hockey-romance, ebook
Tracy Goodwin has a clutch performance with Ice Hard (New York Nighthawks, #2). This is Nick George’s and Camille Benetti’s story. Nick is the best friend and teammate of Christian Chase (New York Nighthawks #1). The book starts out at Christian's bachelor party. Nick is Christian’s best man. After watching Christian and Serena, Nick realizes he wants a meaningful relationship; then he meets Camille. The two hit it off, but Camille wants nothing to do with a hockey player. This contemporary spor ...more
Dreamer's Books
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nick is a hockey player and he has it all. He has fame, charm and good looks but he can't get past one night stands and he would like a relationship. He meets Camille and all that changes for him. He can't get Camille to take him seriously since she has a no date rule for sports players. Can Nick get a chance with Camille? Will Camille break her rule for the right guy? A great sports romance.

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and am leaving a review.
Dione
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love reading about hockey and the family they make with their teams. This book is about Nick, the hockey plaer and Cami the restaurant owner. Nick is not your typical hockey player. He is a nerd. Cami comes from a big Italian family that is almost too much to bear. Cami is also from a broken marriage with a hockey player.

Can these two find love? Read this book to find out!
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Nick and Cami made a wonderful couple. Every moment they were together made me smile. Nick was such a gentleman. Most times when you read about Hockey players in romance novels, they usually are just looking for a good time, a quick one and done. But Nick wasn't like that. He may have been in the past but for a while he'd been seriously thinking about a "forever" girl. Someone who could be his other half. The half that completes him. His best friend found the girl of his dreams and Nick wasn't o ...more
Tanya
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received an Arc from Netgalley for an honest rating. I was excited to read this story because I love a good hockey romance. But unfortunately, this one fell a little short for me. I feel like it was the actual writing, rather than the storyline. There were too many instances where the writing was on the nose and I was being told rather than painted a story that showed what was happening. When this happens, it's hard for me to engage with the book.

Nick is the bad boy of his team, the New York N
Kari Hansen
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cami has worked for her family’s Italian restaurant since she was a teenager however even though her father is selling it, he won’t let her purchase it. She is selfless when it comes to her family, to her own detriment, and doesn’t believe that love and a relationship is in her future. She isn’t interested in the attention that Nick is giving her as she is aware of the temptations that a hockey player faces, and she has the scars to prove it.

Nick is a professional hockey player who determination
Ashleigh
This book is super cute. If that is what you're looking for in your romance, this is a book for you. Nick is super goofy and in touch with his sensitive side... like a lot. Cami is strong willed and hurt, which just leads to the rabbit hole of never ending awkwardness in some of their interactions.

I enjoyed this read. It is written well and offers all of the major check points when it comes to a romance read. It wasn't for me personally, but again- if cute is your style, read it.
Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
Sadly, this one did not work for me. It had everything I wanted....it just did not deliver. It was almost too easy, if that makes sense. In addition, I was not super invested in the characters. The writing was not bad, it just did not feel believable to me. I'm ending with 2 1/2 stars.
WycEd Reader
Check out our ICE HARD post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Avid Reader – ☆☆☆☆
M/F Romance
Triggers: Infertility

Nick is loving his life. But now that he has friends that have started to find their forever person, Nick knows that he wants that too. He's down to earth, charming, a beast on the ice, and a fierce friend. When Nick runs into Camille at a bar where his friend is having his bachelor party, he knows that he wants to get to know her better. She intrigues him.

Ca
Laurice
I would give this 3.5 out of 5 stars. It has a good story line and likeable characters. Enjoyable read.
Malissa
I am really excited about this new series from Tracy Goodwin, sports romances, particularly hockey related ones are some of my favorite contemporary romance genres. This book came across my desk and honestly as you can tell I haven't been overly active on the blog lately, but I could not pass up the chance to find a series to bring me out of my slump and I am glad that I said yes, instead of I don't have time. I will say that I went back and read book one, Ice Hot, before diving into this one an ...more
Jeeves Reads Romance
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
With a swoonworthy pro hockey player who shows the world his alpha side on a daily basis but keeps his inner teddy bear a secret and the sassy woman who melts his heart, this book has a lot going for it. I really liked our hero, Nick. He is steadfast in his feelings for Cami and determined to show her that they can become something lasting. Unfortunately, Nick has more patience than me because Camille’s constant indecision and insecurities grated on me more and more as the book continued on. I d ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Win Big (Wynn Hockey, #3)
  • For the Win (Wynn Hockey, #4)
  • In It to Win It (Wynn Hockey, #2)
  • Weekend Fling (Crazy Love, #4)
  • Wylde (Arizona Vengeance #7)
  • Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)
  • Must Love Dogs...and Hockey
  • Game Changer (Wynn Hockey, #5)
  • I Wanna Sext You Up (Let's Talk About Sext, #2)
  • A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • One Timer (Nashville Assassins, #17)
  • Instacrush (Rookie Rebels #2)
  • Kane (Arizona Vengeance, #8)
  • Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2)
  • Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)
  • Play to Win (Wynn Hockey, #1)
Tracy Goodwin is a USA Today bestselling author. Throughout a career spanning a decade, she has achieved both traditional and indie publishing success. She is the author of the sexy New York Nighthawks contemporary romance series for Loveswept. In addition, she pens sweeping historical romances and vivid urban fantasies. Though the genres may be different, each story delivers her unique blend of p ...more

New York Nighthawks (2 books)
  • Ice Hot (New York Nighthawks, #1)