Start by marking “Flawed Plan (A Crimson Falls Novella)” as Want to Read:
Flawed Plan (A Crimson Falls Novella)

Flawed Plan

(Crimson Falls)

Pranks are all fun and games until someone dies…

Renee Harding can’t wait to graduate high school and leave Crimson Falls, a town that’s never been kind to her. But before she can dream any further about her future and the plans she and her best friend Jackson might make, she learns of a prank three bullies plot against him.

Too late to warn him of the trick that is aimed hi
Published April 10th 2019 by Amabel Daniels

To ask other readers questions about Flawed Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flawed Plan

Start your review of Flawed Plan (A Crimson Falls Novella)
Meleaha Howard
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Flawed Plan. This is my first book by this author, and I was really impressed. I have been reading the Crimson Falls novellas, and they are all fantastic!
In this novella, one prank has turned into a horrible nightmare for a teen girl who is already a Target for the bullies. Renee is a strong character, and all in all, this was a very well written story, with a well developed plot that grabbed me and never let go!
Diana Lindoff
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Flawed Plan is my first read by Amabel Daniel's and I really enjoyed how she kept story moving along without losing any of the fear or strength of the lead character.  Just one more outstanding page turning suspense/thriller in the Crimson Falls series.

As a student, most of us have experienced clicks and bullies in school among our so called peers.  But this story follows one student that experiences being different to another level where even the teachers, police and others treat her as not qui
Rachel Renee
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pranks always seem like a good idea...until they backfire​! This story encapsulated the evil of Crimson Falls while showing the reader just how bad a prank can go. The only YA novel of the series, you delve into the life of a teenager, in the cursed town and not only get to recall how hard that time can be​ but see how being involved in​ death and secrets can only enhance the stress of the time.
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crimson falls may just very well be my favorite town of horror.
Renee is an outcast who witnesses something horrible which creates all kinds of crazy.

Such a great series!
Barbara Hynes
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great suspense/thriller. Renee Harding wants to get out of Crimson Falls after she graduates. She has one friend Jackson and 3 bullies who plan an attack on Jackson. Renee knows what is going to happen and tries to warn Jackson but she doesn't get there in time to tell him. Jackson dies and the three at fault should have to pay. Renee attempts to turn them in but fears of them killing her too come into her mind. The ending is phenomenal as I didn't see it coming. Great book Amabel , thank you. ...more
Crystal Gray
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What happens when a 'prank' goes wrong?
Amabel did a wonderful job showing how one small thing can change everything. The mystery and suspense was great!
Serena Soape
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book. Kept me guessing and loved the turns with all the characters. Great read!
Kiersten Modglin
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amabel Daniels’ Flawed Plan was just that...one flaw in the plan after the other all leading to one unexpected conclusion! I couldn’t read this book fast enough. With a relatable MC, this unique mystery will keep you on the edge of your seat, anxious to reach the stunning conclusion. A twisted YA mystery with epic stakes and a refreshing story. It was unlike anything I’ve ever read.
Emerald
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We've all come across bullies like the ones in this story, but you've never read a heroine like Renee. A perfect mix of nostalgia for growing up and mystery! A powerful story of friendship and revenge that keeps you guessing until the very end.
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Flawed Plan takes place within the halls of the High School, as the bullies' prank goes terribly wrong. Renee Harding studies hard so she can get out of Crimson Falls, as she only has one friend, Jackson, and he's a newcomer to her little town. So, when she learns of the prank that the school bullies are about to play on him, she's determined to warn him before anything happens. However, things conspire against her, and by the time she gets to him, it's too late, and she watches the prank actual ...more
KKEC Reads Katy Corbeil
This spin was much different than the previous Crimson Falls novellas, but it was an interesting spin on an already creepy town. The idea of a prank going to far and the cost of revenge is an interesting plot to play with. This was eloquently executed with this story. It was also really interesting that the main character was hearing impaired and the struggles she faced with daily. It’s pretty sad that so many people thought less of her due do her impairment, and in the end she definitely proved ...more
Teri
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I am having my last read of this series and it's a great way to end it. I have actually recently been introduced to this author and I have to say she played this masterfully. Kids can be horrible and make life a trial for those they feel are less. Well that was her daily thing but now it's gotten out of hand. No one would listen to the girl who can't hear. No one would believe her about the actions of 3. When a prank goes horribly wrong she will finally get them to listen or will ...more
Sherry Sias
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twisted, intriging, and suspenseful!

I loved Renee's story. She is bullied in school with one true friend, Jackson. Since she is deaf, she can read lips. She reads the lips of her bullies as theu plan to egg her friends car as he drives home. As she tries to warn him, she watches as his window is hit with an egg. He skids and slams through trees, diving hood first into the water. Assuming he is dead, Renee flees. Then Ashlyn, claims he is driving past her house. Other pranks are happening to. Is
Greta Cribbs
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great suspense with a hint of mystery! There were enough clues throughout that the ending didn't seem to come completely out of nowhere, but not enough to make it too easy to guess what was going on. Just the perfect amount to keep me reading to find out more.

My only gripe with this book is that I didn't really buy the main character's initial reaction to her friend's accident. She just seems way to cool and level-headed for someone who has just witnessed what she's witnessed, and I would have l
Gwen Shafer
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was definitely an interesting one. Another book from Crimson Falls. Renee is always getting bullied. One day during school she learns something that the three people that bully her are going to do. The night that they do it changes for all 4 of them. They believe they are being haunted by a ghost. But nope so much more than that. Gripping interesting intense from beginning to end. Another great addition to this series.I will say this is the first book I have read from Amabel and it has me w ...more
Kali McQuillen
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read, 2019-arc
Renee has been bullied by the three kids that are never reprimanded for it. What can she do when she learns of their attempt to bully her best friend Jackson? Especially when that bullying turns terrifying?

The suspense was great in this story. I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next and to find out if the bullies were going to get what was coming to them.

I would have loved to see a little bit more of a relationship between Renee and Jackson during this novella though.
Yolanda
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great suspenseful book! Talk about a prank gone horribly wrong and poor Renee who’s already on the bullies radar, happened to witness the prank against her friend, Jackson. She is such a courageous and admirable heroine and Ms. Daniels really shows off her talent here with the way she wrote her character. I was impressed by the plot and I definitely did not expect the plot twist at the end!
SOMDReigel
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A powerful story of friendship, bullying, and revenge. Not only is the lead female bullied by a trio of classmates, many adults in the community do not treat her well either. A smart twist at the end. Well written, with a well-developed plot that is not the typical teen/YA story. I enjoyed this quick read mystery and it held my attention throughout.
NanaShauna Joesten
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read that grabs you right from the start. It gets you heart pounding and adrenaline rush from the first page as you feel through the Author how the Character Renee Harding. Once you start reading you won't be able to put the book down. A fantastic read from the crimson falls I definitely recommend this read.
Shauna Joesten
Debi Schmieks
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edge of my seat

Loved loved loved this story! Go Renee for gaining her voice and sticking up for herself and fighting for Jackson. What a great twist and story line. Definitely want to read more by Amabel.
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
This book was very realistic. It makes you realize just how cruel people can be, and show no remorse. Renee fought whether to tell, who to tell, would anyone even believe her.
krista williams

• The Dream Job
  • The Better Choice
  • The Good Neighbors
  • The Lucky Ones
  • The Nanny's Secret (A Locke Industries Novel)
  • The Mother-in-Law
  • The Assistant's Secret
  • The Guest: A psychological thriller with a shocking twist
  • The Beginning After
  • The Wife Lie
  • One By One
  • What She Found
  • The Perfect Son
Amabel Daniels lives in Northwest Ohio with her patient husband, three adventurous daughters, and a collection of too many cats and dogs. Although she holds a Master’s degree in Ecology, her true love is finding a good book. When she isn’t spending time outdoors, she’s busy brewing up her next novel, usually as she lets her mind run off with the addictive words of “what if…”

Crimson Falls (8 books)
  • Original Sin
  • The Last Dupont (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • All the Dark Corners (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Returned Home (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Sight in the Dark
  • The Stranger in the Woods (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Little Girl Lost (Crimson Falls Novella)

News & Interviews