Start by marking “Ruins of Fate (The Omni Towers, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Ruins of Fate (The Omni Towers, #0.5)

(The Omni Towers #0.5)

One wrong decision, and the future will crumble…

Skye Levanthe traded everything she owned in order to secure a place for herself and her son, Veridian, in a scavenging camp.

But all contracts have an expiration date.

Desperate to obtain the resources they need to survive, Skye agreed to navigate the dangerous ruins of fallen cities to search for tradeable materials. When a s
Published April 4th 2019

Start your review of Ruins of Fate (The Omni Towers, #0.5)
Beth
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the Omni Towers series, so it was no surprise that I devoured the prequel of how it all began.

This is the story of Skye, a single mother, trying to make a life for herself and her son outside the towers. When a young girl named Kayla is discovered in a collapsed ruin, Skye must make some very difficult decisions…to give up the girl to her own fate or move on from the life she has worked so hard to build for her and her son. Tensions were already high in the camp where they live so adding
Lyn
Jul 15, 2019 marked it as x-dropped-dnf
I really wanted to like this book but I just couldn't get into the story. The writing lagged too much and I had a hard time being interested in it. This book wasn't for me but maybe others will like it more.
Stacy
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I liked RUINS OF FATE so much that I grabbed myself a copy of book one of the series and then the rest of the series after that.

The Omni Towers series is an established series with RUINS OF FATE giving everyone a glimpse of the character's pasts. I went into ROF with a blank slate having never read the series and I had no trouble getting into the storyline. I enjoyed meeting Skye, Kayla, Leo and Veridian and witnessing the start of their story together.

I enjoyed both the world and learning abo
Anne Szlachcic
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ruins of Fate by Jamie A. Waters is a Prequel to her Omni Towers series and what a great post-apocalyptic
world she creates .
Skye manages to scrape a living as a ruin rat - scavenging old ruins and raising her young son in this scary new world . Having discovered a young girl in one of the ruins she determines to keep her against all advice to the contrary .
Told there are not enough resources to feed her small family she is driven from the camp by the group leader Daryl and the protests of her bo
Tanya
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
everything has a cost and a end date. It has come to her now and she needs to get rations for her son so she agrees to go with another to search for items they can use. Then a disaster happens and she finds a young girl but she faces exile with the girl. She takes the girl to try to find a safe place. how will they get on? Will they be safe? What about her son? See how they get on
Elizabeth McDaniel
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this interesting story of scavengers. Their life and the dangers they faced daily were so intense. I could have kept reading but the story ended too fast! I cannot wait to read the rest!!

Kaycee Warner
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
*I received a free copy for reviewing*

What is it about?

Ruins of Fate by Jamie A. Waters is a dystopian/post-apocalyptic novel following Skye. Skye was pregnant and abandoned by her lover in an unforgiving world. She was able to buy their way into a scavenging camp where she and her son Veridian spend the next eight years. After a massive storm hits supplies are running low and many are left injured. With their livelihood in jeapardy Skye must protect her family against the harsh realities of
Scherry  at The Novel Lady
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to receive an ARC of this book from the author. Although this is a prequel to the Omni Towers series, you can read it at any time, or even read it as a stand-alone (although the ending will leave you so intrigued that you will want to read more!) I actually had read all six of the books in this series before reading Ruins of Fate. I loved it! I'm addicted to it! I read this one in one day because I could not put it down.

Without giving away any spoilers, Jamie Waters gives us a gl
Teresa
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I received a copy of Ruins of Fate from Net Galley and Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for a voluntary and honest review. My opinions stated below are mine alone and not solicited in any way**

Ruins of Fate by Jamie A. Waters is a Prequel to her Omni Towers series. Ms. Waters is a new author to me and I have to say that this book really surprised me as I liked it I'll probably get the next book so that I can find out how Kayla and Carl's story plays out.

Skye Levanthe is a ruin rat which means t
Lori
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Received as an ARC, this is an honest review. Set fifteen years before Beneath the Fallen City, we meet Skye, a ruin rat doing everything possible to keep her camp going. Even if it means risky her life in the process. Fighting for her son Veridian and crew is one thing but when she and Leo return with a child named Kayla- their leader Daryl forces her to make a choice. Relying on her wits, Skye attracts the attention of a trader at a family camp- and a way to save their camp; it just means stea ...more
Amanda Carle St-Jacques
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book Review
Ruins of Fate by Jamie A. Waters
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Having not read any of the Omni Towers series before, I was going into this prequel without knowing the story.

Jamie does a great job and drops the reader right off the start with showing the dedication that Skye has for the lives of others. The courage that Skye has to not only raise her own son, but also take in an orphaned little girl, in a time where too is minimal, is amazing.

The story takes you into the future where a scavengers camp is in th
-RadioactiveBookworm-
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I read the first book in the series, Beneath the Fallen City, I was instantly hooked, and couldn't put it down. I've become kind of addicted to the series, I think about it all the time, and I'm always wondering what will happen in the second book, even though I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet. Luckily, this prequel came along, and I finally satisfied my craving for this series.

Check out my full review here!

Scarolet Ellis
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruins of Fate (The Omni Towers, Prequel) by Jamie A. Waters is a wonderful story that I have read. This is the prequel to start this brand new series that I fell in love with. I love reading this action, adventure romance with general fantasy thrown in and I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves all of this in their stories.

Woolstar
Feb 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
Perhaps I read this in the wrong order, picking it up off the shelf without ever having heard of the series before. Ended up making it through, mostly because it was short, and you could easily skip a few pages each time the main characters "looked into each other's eyes". A few mysteries poked up during the plot, but then never developed. Advise: read the others first, I suppose.
Fred Fanning
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
A short and enjoyable read. The author has written a great story with some memorable characters. The descriptions of the scenery are very good and help set up the story. Even the villains of the story are redeemable. I recommend this for a good weekend read. I am also interested in the follow on books of this series.
Lianna
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy through Voracious Readers.

Captivating characters, gripping story. A different world that was very well described. I finished the book within a couple of sittings, couldn't put it down.

I am very excited to read the rest of the series. I have to find out how things turn out for Skye and her new family. New favorite author!
Janine
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the post apocalyptic genre, and this is one of the more positive ones. Well thought out, and written. I’m really invested in the characters and am bereft now that I’ve read the last page. Thank God the series is finished and I can dive right back in!
MB
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great prequel dangles enough to get you hooked on this brilliant series. Seriously I was not able to put this book down it is gripping, well written with unexpected twists and turns. I give it 5/5 Highly recommend
Asiaman
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really fine book. Characters are good and the setting of the book is a different twist that is nice.
Well written and fun to read. There are 2 children that the reader will know that they will play a big role in the next book. I really enjoyed the book.
Excelrn
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruins of Fate
As with the rest of this series, the characters are a delight! The world building is less comprehensive than the rest of the series, but there are plenty of clues that a lot more is going on in this world. I would love to see more stories from the prequel POV.
Brittni Kelly
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story, though a bit confusing at times. The explanations jump a bit so it takes awhile to get the full picture. Plenty of twists and turns to keep things interesting. Can't wait to read the next one and hopefully find answers to the questions even the characters had.
Tami
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was written very well, but it just wasn’t for me. I just couldn’t get into it ,it lagged a bit, I prefer a more fast paced book. I received my copy from voracious readers for my review.
Valerie
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I started this I didn't realize it was kind of a YA story but I really liked how the plot moved along. I am looking forward to the rest of the series.
Dan Mahoney
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Ruins of Fate

I’m intrigued by the hints of what happened to the world and will happen next. Looking forward to the next story.
gj indieBRAG
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that RUINS OF FATE (The Omni Towers #0.5) by Jamie A. Waters is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells readers that this book is well worth their time and money!
Becca
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love this series

I had a hard time getting into this one in comparison to the others. It was still good, and connected some dots for me but I want more :)
Deborah
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Post apocalyptic romance....who knew there was such a genre? I didn't! Really enjoyed this prequel and discovering this new genre...I don't mind a bit of romance but it has to be tied up in some adventure or mystery and this certainly fits the bill. Great description of post apocalyptic world; fabulous detail. Recommended.
Kerri Kamper
Oct 08, 2019
Tommy Linding
May 27, 2020
Michelle Cable
May 28, 2019

• Knights Magica (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #5)
  • In Over Her Head (Corporate Chaos #1)
  • Can't Stand the Heat (Corporate Chaos #2)
  • Semi-Psychic Life (Glimmer Lake, #2)
  • What Goes Around Comes Around (Corporate Chaos #3)
  • Careful What You Wish For (Corporate Chaos #4)
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • Lucid World
  • Terra in Bloom
  • Homeward Witch (The Witch Next Door Book 8)
  • Witch's Bell 1 (The Adventures of Ebony Bell, #1)
  • Tabula Rasa (Jonathan Jarl, #1)
  • Rival Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #5)
  • Cell
  • Revenge
  • Truly Wicked
  • Shadow Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #4)
  • ADHD & Autism Therapy for Kindergarten Kids: ASD, Self Esteem & Mindfulness Bedtime Books
Jamie A. Waters is an award-winning, science-fiction and fantasy writer. Her first novel, Beneath the Fallen City (previously titled as The Two Towers), was a winner of the Readers' Favorite Award in Science-Fiction/Fantasy Romance and the CIPA EVVY Award in Science-Fiction.

Jamie currently resides in Florida with two neurotic dogs who enjoy stealing socks. When she's not pursuing her passion of w

The Omni Towers (6 books)
  • Beneath the Fallen City (The Omni Towers, #1)
  • Shadow of the Coalition (The Omni Towers, #2)
  • Tremors of the Past (The Omni Towers Series Book 3)
  • Drop of Hope (The Omni Towers, #4)
  • Flames of Redemption (The Omni Towers, #5)
  • Spirit of the Towers (The Omni Towers, #6)