Start by marking “Ruins of Fate (The Omni Towers, Prequel)” as Want to Read:
Ruins of Fate (The Omni Towers, Prequel)

(The Omni Towers 0.5)

One wrong decision, and the future will crumble…

Skye Levanthe traded everything she owned in order to secure a place for herself and her son, Veridian, in a scavenging camp.

But all contracts have an expiration date.

Desperate to obtain the resources they need to survive, Skye agreed to navigate the dangerous ruins of fallen cities to search for tradeable materials. When a s
Published April 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ruins of Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruins of Fate

Beth
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the Omni Towers series, so it was no surprise that I devoured the prequel of how it all began.

This is the story of Skye, a single mother, trying to make a life for herself and her son outside the towers. When a young girl named Kayla is discovered in a collapsed ruin, Skye must make some very difficult decisions…to give up the girl to her own fate or move on from the life she has worked so hard to build for her and her son. Tensions were already high in the camp where they live so adding
Stacy
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I liked RUINS OF FATE so much that I grabbed myself a copy of book one of the series and then the rest of the series after that.

The Omni Towers series is an established series with RUINS OF FATE giving everyone a glimpse of the character's pasts. I went into ROF with a blank slate having never read the series and I had no trouble getting into the storyline. I enjoyed meeting Skye, Kayla, Leo and Veridian and witnessing the start of their story together.

I enjoyed both the world and learning abo
Elizabeth McDaniel
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this interesting story of scavengers. Their life and the dangers they faced daily were so intense. I could have kept reading but the story ended too fast! I cannot wait to read the rest!!

Scherry  at The Novel Lady
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to receive an ARC of this book from the author. Although this is a prequel to the Omni Towers series, you can read it at any time, or even read it as a stand-alone (although the ending will leave you so intrigued that you will want to read more!) I actually had read all six of the books in this series before reading Ruins of Fate. I loved it! I'm addicted to it! I read this one in one day because I could not put it down.

Without giving away any spoilers, Jamie Waters gives us a gl
Ella
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Received as an ARC, this is an honest review. Set fifteen years before Beneath the Fallen City, we meet Skye, a ruin rat doing everything possible to keep her camp going. Even if it means risky her life in the process. Fighting for her son Veridian and crew is one thing but when she and Leo return with a child named Kayla- their leader Daryl forces her to make a choice. Relying on her wits, Skye attracts the attention of a trader at a family camp- and a way to save their camp; it just means stea ...more
-RadioactiveBookworm-
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I read the first book in the series, Beneath the Fallen City, I was instantly hooked, and couldn't put it down. I've become kind of addicted to the series, I think about it all the time, and I'm always wondering what will happen in the second book, even though I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet. Luckily, this prequel came along, and I finally satisfied my craving for this series.

Check out my full review here!

Scarolet Ellis
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruins of Fate (The Omni Towers, Prequel) by Jamie A. Waters is a wonderful story that I have read. This is the prequel to start this brand new series that I fell in love with. I love reading this action, adventure romance with general fantasy thrown in and I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves all of this in their stories.

Excelrn
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruins of Fate
As with the rest of this series, the characters are a delight! The world building is less comprehensive than the rest of the series, but there are plenty of clues that a lot more is going on in this world. I would love to see more stories from the prequel POV.
Dan Mahoney
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Ruins of Fate

I’m intrigued by the hints of what happened to the world and will happen next. Looking forward to the next story.
Musa Dankyau
Debbie P
Kaylee
Daniel Morrell
Apr 04, 2019
Jamie A. Waters is an award-winning, science-fiction and fantasy writer. Her first novel, Beneath the Fallen City (previously titled as The Two Towers), was a winner of the Readers' Favorite Award in Science-Fiction/Fantasy Romance and the CIPA EVVY Award in Science-Fiction.

Jamie currently resides in Florida with two neurotic dogs who enjoy stealing socks. When she's not pursuing her passion of w

The Omni Towers (7 books)
  • Beneath the Fallen City (The Omni Towers, #1)
  • Shadow of the Coalition (The Omni Towers, #2)
  • Tremors of the Past (The Omni Towers, #3)
  • Drop of Hope (The Omni Towers, #4)
  • Flames of Redemption (The Omni Towers, #5)
  • Spirit of the Towers (The Omni Towers, #6)