Start by marking “Always Here (Alphas' Homestead, #6)” as Want to Read:
Always Here (Alphas' Homestead, #6)

Always Here

(Alphas' Homestead #6)

Happiness has always slipped through Ephraim Fletcher’s grasp like water. Every time he’s gotten close, events have risen up to shatter what little comfort he finds in the world.

After the trauma preceding his brother’s departure from the homestead, his long-time lover lays close to death in the half-built house that should have been their happy-ever-after. As Ephraim nurse
Published March 8th 2019 by Alex Jane

To ask other readers questions about Always Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always Here

Ami
To be honest, I'm a little bummed that Ephraim and Joshua's story only lasts for about 35k words. It's not even a full length novel! Ephraim and Joshua's love story could be epic, and all this time, it happened in the background of other couples' stories. So I don't think this one does them justice *pout*

Having said that, of course I loved this one. The story is moving back and forth, from past to present, from the moment Ephraim first met Joshua until the tragedy that happened to Joshua in the
Alex Jane
Mar 08, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This isn't a review but a thank you to everyone who has supported me through the three years it's taken to finish this series. Home Is Where You Are was my first novel and from the start I had planned the story all the way to the last scene of Ephraim's book. I cried a lot writing this story (then again with every edit), some from relief that it was finally finished but mostly because I knew it was going to break my heart to let the family go.
It means the world to me that so many people have ta
Bev
4 stars for Ephraim and Joshua's little story, but 5 stars for the series overall. A lovely, gentle, atypical shifter series with no violence to speak of, but plenty of delightful characters in a realistic Little House on the Prairie type setting...but with some shifters obviously 😉.

Not going into detail or give any spoilers out here, but the best news I can and will spoiler is that there will be spin-off stories from the series called The Homestead Legacy. Woohoo, and many thanks Alex 😘.
JenMcJ
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Wut? No. No!! This cannot be how this series ends. No resolution for Caleb and Jacob?... actually ZERO interaction between Caleb and Jacob? No interaction between Jacob and Thad? (view spoiler) The last book is about as romantic as a kick in the teeth with Ephraim and Joshua. This was no epic love story.

There is way too much left out to wrap up all the years we've put into this family.

I am unfulfilled and disappointed. Very.
Jess A Jaye
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot tell you how much I adore this series. I wish there was a way I could make every MMrom fan read it - I promise you they would not be disappointed. Alphas' Homestead has had me captivated from the very first paragraph of the very first book.
I read very little historical but I love the setting of this series. In some ways it's a simpler time and in other ways so very different from now but at the heart of these books is still love, family and finding your home.
Always Here focuses on Ephr
Chris
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this whole series and felt a little jolt as I read the epilogue. This is the end of an era but I’m glad the legacy series will spin off ❤ while the focus was on Ephraim & Joshua, there was a bit of closure with all characters.. what a beautiful series... beautiful ...more
Joscelyn Smith
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of this series since reading Home Is Where You Are and I'm sad that this is the end. I absolutely loved Ephraim and Joshua's story but I really wish it had been longer. This was a very enjoyable read and a great ending to the Alpha's Homestead series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book*
Mary Mary
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, alpha-beta-omega, arc
* I received an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review *

Great as always.
This is 6th and the last one book in "Alphas' Homestead" series. This is Ephraim and Joshua's story and even though I expected something different this heartwarming book is a wonderful ending for this series. What I really like about Alex Jane's books is her amazing talent to create absolutely wonderful atmosphere. It might sound kinda weird but all stories felt like a warm blanket during long, cold winter night and I l
Amy
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always here...yes. It fits.

I’ve been with the Alphas from the beginning, when Caleb found a broken Jacob. I’m not ready to say goodbye. How about see you soon?
This book, the series really, is one of my favorites. It’s not flowery over the top romantic. It’s real life in years that were tough and unfriendly. Their love is deep and abiding. This last book is Ephraim’s and Joshua’s story, and we get flashbacks from the beginning of their friendship and the stark reality of life after Joshua’s accid
Linda
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
😣How long does it take for loving devotion to arrive at the happy ending🌈?

👍👍 😣😵💔😊
A touching story of romantic and family love, compelling, well-written and focusing on physical challenges, emotional turmoil and rock solid commitment. This story of Ephraim and Joshua's relationship over the years, told alternating past with the 1892 present that ended the previous book in the series, really delivers on heartache and despair, with Ephraim the touchstone that keeps hope burning through tough times⛅
Alison Edmunds
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not a great lover of historical romance, I came late to Alex Jane's series "The Alphas' Homestead." This is only the second that I have read, although I fully intend to read the first four. That being said, I had no difficulty in following the story, and thoroughly enjoyed it. If the series has to end, this is the right way to do it with I assume all the ends tied together. I must admit that I shed plenty of tears over the last few pages of this beautifully written book.

I look forward to readin
Meg
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book free in exchange for an honest review.

This book in my opinion was the best in the series.

It gives us a look into the past, but it is really about the emotional pain of the people around a family members horrific injury. How do you push a person who’s in pain to recover?

This had me in tears several times.

The “Whatever happened to’s” At the day of this book was an extra bonus for readers of this series and very much appreciated.
Anabela.M.
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is very emotional and the perfect ending to The Alpha Homestead series. The beginning was sad because Ephraim and Joshua couldn't seem to find the strength to overcome Joshua's conditions. But their love is strong and I'm happy they get their happy ending.
I love the way the author interlaced moments from different times in their story,ending the book with hope for the future.
Gwen
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart was hurting through most of this book. Ephraim and Joshua have gone through so much. I was amazed that I could feel the love in these two characters right from when they met. Their journey is full of drama and pain but also hope and devotion. I fell in love with little Emmanuel and I can’t wait for his tale. This is my favorite book of the series. The author really got me with this one.
Claudia
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, to fully understand all the happenings and characters on this book it's best although not indispensable to read the other books in this series.

This is the story of Ephraim and Joshua, and it's a sweet, gentle story, although that doesn't mean that there isn't some angst in their journey. And I wish it had been a little longer, but, that's me :P

A great ending for the series.
Clerky
Donna
Mar 17, 2019
C.
Mar 19, 2019
Stories of M/M romance with happy endings...eventually.

After spending far too long creating stories in her head, Alex finally plucked up the courage to write them down and realized it was quite fun seeing them on the page after all.

Free from aspirations of literary greatness, Alex simply hopes to entertain by spinning a good yarn of love and life, wrapped up with a happy ending. Although, if her c

Alphas' Homestead (6 books)
  • Home Is Where You Are (Alphas' Homestead, #1)
  • Returning Home (Alphas' Homestead, #2)
  • Longing for Shelter (Alphas' Homestead, #3)
  • Home in your Heart (Alphas' Homestead, #4)
  • Be My Sanctuary (Alphas' Homestead, #5)