Start by marking “Mr. Red (The Case Brothers Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Red (The Case Brothers Book 3)

Mr. Red

(Case Brothers #3)

Nicholas

They say an eye for an eye, and God knows I deserve every punishment for the things I’ve done. But when Alison comes sweeping into my life like an angel of death, begging for mercy is the last thing on my mind.

Mr Red: The Case Brothers, Book 3
Published April 23rd 2019 by Shady Layne Media

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Red

Barbara
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read the other books in this series as well as the books based in Flint Hills and I've really enjoyed the characters presented by Tessa Layne. You've got your alpha males who have all done their fair share of questionable things. Then there are the strong women who challenge them to be better men. Of course there are plenty of personal issues to be dealt with on both sides to make this stories more heartfelt. In Mr. Red you've got Nico Case who has definitely done a lot of things in his lif ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
If you have read Mr. White you will probably know what is going on in this book already if you don't, buckle up. I was right when I said that the timelines of these two books overlap, but still, it was nice to read this story. I did not like it as much as I liked Mr. White to be honest. I was prepared for something more romantic and more in-depth to be honest, but I didn't get that. Maybe I had too high expectations for a novella.

I wanted to see a couple of things, that I didn't. A little more
Jennie Fortna
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC for honest review with no compensation received from BookSpout

Mr. Red is book 3 in the Case Brothers series by Tessa Layne and as always she brings in you in on the first page and doesn't let you go until the last word is read...

Nico and Ali has a past that only she remembers...will Nico figure this out or will karma be the "bi***" like always??

This book has all the feels...instant connection, forgiveness, acceptance, and a second chance at life, love and HEA! !
Jessica
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Red is the third book in the Case Brothers series, which lives within the Cowboys of Flint Hills universe. While this book could be read as a stand alone, I think you’ll get the most out of the book by reading this series in order. Nico has been financially ruined and publicly humiliated by family, his ex wife, and friends. Licking his wounds, he went to his brother’s quiet vineyard and is shocked to find Alison, the winemaker. Their passion is scorching, their connection is fresh, but Aliso ...more
CarolKat
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nicholas aka Nico Case has been played. Not only did his ex-wife take him for a bundle, she also emptied their joint accounts. To top it off his 'friend' and accountant let it happen.

With his trust fund locked by his father, Nico is broke and decides to take his brother Declan up on his offer to stay at his new vineyard. What he finds is a bottle of Grappa on the table and dives into it before crashing on the couch.

Alison is Declan's winemaker, she was highly recommended by Danny who has connect
Stacy Jordet
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nico has been grooming to take over for his father for years. However a stipulations from his father and finding out exactly who is wife really is, sends Nico to his brothers new venture. He was just hoping for some quite time and didn't count on a woman like Alison.

Alison is a winemaker who is trying to find her big break. She is proud of her work and doesn't like the Nico is hanging around. They have history and she not a fan. However, close proximity and working side by side shows her a softe
Sharon
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read this series from the beginning. I have also read the story of Jason who is the half brother to the Case triplets. This book focuses on Nico. When reading Jason’s story I thought that Niko would be the worst of the worst.
Reading the triplets stories ( Austin and Declan) I couldn’t wait to read Nicos story.
He is at his lowest being broke , facing divorce from his stealing and cheating ex and cut off from his trust fund.
He goes to crash at his brothers winery and meets Alison. He is dra
Stephanie Erickson
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful second chance romance.

Karma has kicked Nico in the butt over and over again. He's now penniless after his ex wife cleaned out the bank accounts before divorcing him, his accountant has scammed him, and now he needs a place to go.

He rides out this his brother Declans new acquisition thinking he will hole up there until he can figure out what to do.

Alison is surprised to be woken up by someone in her trailer. She was offered the job to be the winemaker at Declans vineyard. But he doesn
Kathi
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this Family and This Series!!

Nico is destitute. His ex-wife wiped him out about the same time she was getting pregnant by another man. Dropping in at his brother Declan’s vineyard, he runs into the new winemaker Alison. There is a battle of wills (and duct tape) that results in Nico working the vineyard in return for room and board.

“I haven’t been curious to actually know a woman in… maybe ever. But Alison has clearly wormed her way under my skin, and I desperately want to discover what mak
Marichus Real
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nico has been an asshole all his life without caring about anyone and anything, focus on having revenge against his brother Jason.
Alison has lots of insecurities that come from the time she was at school. However, she is on the road to overcome them. Winemaking gives her the security she has never felt before.
Another beautiful story where we can see all the brothers together, trying to find the forgiveness they all need and because of their wives, they want to be better men.
The story is well-wri
Renee
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I recieved a copy of this book from Booksprout to review.

This is the third book in the Case Brothers Series. I will say I wish i had read the firdt two books. I feel like they interconnect and I was not crystal clar on some things. This is the story of Nicholas. He is not the nicest or best man to ever live. He has done things that would make most peoples skin crawl. Now he is broke and publicy humiliated by his exwife . The time has come to get away and his brothers vineyard is the perfect plac
Jacky
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nico and Alison experienced instalust. Both Nico and Alison had experienced difficult times and had come out on the other side different, but damaged.

This story is sexy and romantic, but it emphasizes how people can grow, develop, and gradually change. Alison had a truly forgiving heart. Nico learned there is more to life than shallow, superficial people and things.

I also like that with each book the healing between brothers continues to grow.

One thing that surprised me was (1) how quickly Nico
Mindy Lopez
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is Book 3 of the Case Brothers Series by this author. The books in the series are interconnected but can be read as standalones. It is a second chance romance between Nico an his brother's winemaker, Alison. When they reconnect, it is a journey of self-discovery as Nico and Alison work through their issues and overcome the challenges that face their relationship. It is an emotional love story with drama, guilt, and hope, plus engaging secondary characters to keep the reader interested. Over ...more
Patti
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
What an emotionally charged romance! Nico Case has not had an easy life but that doesn't justify his cruel and insensitive actions. It takes a very kind and gentle heart to look beyond his past and see Nico's efforts towards being a good man. Alison is that person and if she can find it in her heart to love Nico than her secret past shouldn't have any relevance either.

This story is such a tug on your heart that tissues are required. Once again, Tessa Layne writes with such understanding and grac
KylieAtkinson
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the Case brothers. They all have their challenges, their dark pasts, their weaknesses, their sexy bodies...but they also have the ability recreate their lives, to forgive, to grow, to learn to love. And how to bed women. Sweet Lord, I’d love to be on the receiving end of any of these brothers in the bedroom!
I love the lessons they learn from the love of their women and from the forgiveness of their brotherhood. This book also has a curvy woman with a story to tell and it brings a bit of
Meg
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Tessa. I loved it. I wasn't sure I cared for Nico, but that was just plain silly. I loved him and, without a doubt, I loved Ali. All of Tessa's characters are relatable, memorable and complex. Her story line always surprises me, and makes the characters' journey to their HEA so rewarding. This was definitely the case here.
I volunteered to review an arc of this book, and as usual, I was so glad that I did, I had to purchase it. This one can be read alone, but be warned that if
Cheryl Sanders
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in The Case Brothers series and it features Nico and Alison. I immediately fell in love with these two with their witty banter and sexy times. I love that despite what she’s been through, she’s not totally afraid to go after what she wants. Hearing Kimmie tell Alison’s story had me crying such sad, sad tears. It’s an all too real story these days. Allison has an amazing family!

This is such a fantastic story line and the characters are all amazing. They’ve each come such a LONG WA
Gladys
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun and steamy read. Nico and Alison's attraction was undeniable and their chemistry sizzled. The story line was an interesting blend of emotional turmoil, drama, humor, insecurities, karma, sparks, spice and romance. Alison was a truly wonderful character. She was such a genuinely good person and very realistic. Nico, was not always a good guy. He could be a real jerk but I felt bad for him anyway. I loved seeing him evolve over time and witnessing his relationship with Alison grow. ...more
Nicole
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this newest edition to Tessa Layne's catalog.

The entire Case Brothers Series has had me itching for the next and struggling to say goodbye when I've finished.

I have always had a hard time connecting with female characters in books. Not this time... Alison was so easy to connect with. The truth of her story is sadly so common and the story many of us have lived. And haven't we all dreamed of finding our Mr. Red!?!

Can a leopard change it's spots? I would like to believe that the a
Christina Luberts
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For us curvy girls, this book is awesome. Alison (Katie) has had a hard life for being over weight. Nico is a Case who had teased her all through high school and a total ass, now he shows up on the vineyard that I'm working at. Nico does not recognize her, but sure loving her curves and sassy mouth. What will Alison do? What will Nico do when he finds out who she really is? Can Alison trust that Nico is not the same person?

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily lea
BookSnuggle
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

Mr. Red is book number three in the Case Brothers series by Tessa Layne. This is Nico and Alison's story. You will have a better understanding of what's going on if you have read the first two books in the series.

I enjoyed Nico and Alison's story. These two have some difficult issues to resolve but if they can get pasts old hurts they can have the life and love they want.

FYI, contains mature content. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Victoria
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

Book three in the series and it's answered a lot of questions for me...and made me change my mind about Nico. It was a sad and emotional read for me, and yet it was also a story full of hope, happiness, love, accepting who you are and forgiveness. One more story to go and it's Danny the honorary Case brother.

jmarie
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge fan of Tessa Layne's and enjoyed this book as well. Of this series, this was my favorite story. As to be expected of a steamy novel, there is lots of swearing. That's my only negative but I understand it comes with the genre. I do wish it had been longer because I enjoyed Nico's story the most of the brothers.

I did receive an ARC for an unbiased review. I also purchase all of this author's books.
Lady M.
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how this book overlaps slightly with the last book (Mr white) but from another brother's perspective. It's great because it helps trigger the readers memory of the last book and the rest of the ongoing story. These all can be read as stand alone, but are better if read in order. I loved that Alison and Nico each had their own struggles, it was interesting to see both sides (with this book being told in dual points of view). I enjoyed it a lot
Jenny H
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Alison and Nico's story. I couldn't put it down. The connection and chemistry they have was fantastic. The characters are developed and well written - relatable. The plot was great - loved the drama and insights into the family. I can't wait for the next one.

Crystal Jones
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an another amazing read in the Case brothers series. Love it’s from the male’s POV with some of the woman’s. No spoilers. I did have a Kleenex ready towards the end. Can’t wait until the next book!

Misty
Loved it

Tessa has done it again.
Both Nico and Ali have much to over come. I love how their young lives were intertwined but Nico has no clue and learns to love Ali for the person she is which helps her to move on from past hurts. The same goes for Nico in learning how much love can help change a person.

Loved it!!
Sharon Noble
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Nico has lost everything, by lost I mean his exwife has taken it but she was always only after his money. After finding that she took his money, the accountant has taken the rest, so he goes to his brother's place where he encounters Alison, Declan winemaker.
This book is all about wine, trust, love & self belief.
Charity Chimni
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Nicholas' book! Karma sure came to bite him in the ass. In all areas of his life. I enjoyed watching him turn his life around and fall head over heels. I'm sad to see the brothers' stories end. Can't wait to see what Tessa comes up with next!
Am Goff
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An interesting plot to this book. I enjoyed reading about the characters and their love interest. Lots of passion with detailed background information on the characters.

Case Brothers (3 books)
  • Mr. Pink (The Case Brothers Book 1)
  • Mr. White (The Case Brothers Book 2)