Start by marking “A Bloody Stiletto, Cold Lasagna, and a Bestseller” as Want to Read:
A Bloody Stiletto, Cold Lasagna, and a Bestseller

A Bloody Stiletto, Cold Lasagna, and a Bestseller

(Anna Romano #2)

This story doesn't have just one murder; it has TWO murders...Once again, Anna charms readers with her witty and candid commentary. This was definitely a juicier case than the last one. - Sandra's Book Reviews

In this second installment of The Anna Romano Mystery Series, Anna gets herself into a mess that lands her in hot water with the prime suspect and her new Bo, Det
Published February 28th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about A Bloody Stiletto, Cold Lasagna, and a Bestseller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bloody Stiletto, Cold Lasagna, and a Bestseller

Start your review of A Bloody Stiletto, Cold Lasagna, and a Bestseller
Lel Budge
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Bloody Stiletto, Cold Lasagne and a Bestseller is such a fun read, pulp fiction at its best.

Anna Romano is a writer, who plays detective and gets herself into trouble more than once. She’s stubborn as well, much to the despair of her boyfriend, the handsome Detective John Solace.

While shopping in a local supermarket, Anna witnesses two women fighting….intrigued she starts looking into it, despite the handsome detective John asking her to keep out of it……Does she ? Of course not, she dives in h
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book reviews on www.snazzybooks.com

A Bloody Stiletto, Cold Lasagne and a Bestseller is a fun, quick read (at under 200 pages) which is both entertaining and features a really likeable protagonist, author Anna Romano (who also features in Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping.) With her maverick tendencies and out-of-control curiosity, is isn’t long after hearing about a fight between a wife and mistress at the supermarket before Anna wades in to try and work out who the ‘other’ woman is, desp
Sue
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-challenge
Things are looking up for writer and cat momma Anna Romano. She has found herself a new beau in Detective John Solace and all seems right in the world. That is until she goes to the grocery store and witnesses a fight between a woman and her husband’s mistress. Anna can’t keep her nose out of things and when first the wife is killed and then the mistress, Anna gets herself in a precarious situation.

This is a delightful quick read cozy mystery filled with humor, madcap adventure, and even a bit o
Jamie Jack
Sep 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: p-2019, mystery
Holy Cannoli, I Should Have Known...

I enjoy amateur sleuth mysteries and any book that has to do with a writer or writing, so when I saw this book at my favorite book review site, I was immediately drawn to it. I always look at the book blurb to see what I have in store for me just before I read. When I did this, I found myself rather appalled at the poor punctuation and incorrect words. So I headed into the novel itself with low expectations. Unfortunately, they were met. I am a freelance edito
Sandra Lopez
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anna Romano is back!

What better way to entertain a cat lady than with a cat fight at the supermarket? Somehow Anna gets involved in a case concerning a scorned wife and a cheating husband. She figures she might as well score an interview with the wife for her next story. The last thing she expected to find was the wife dead on the bathroom floor at some fancy party. Death by a red stiletto. It was a bloody scene. Although how much force would you need to be able to drive a stiletto heel through
Molly
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anna Romano has a knack for trouble. Even dropping off a lasagna nearly gets her killed. Trying to follow up on the details related to a brawl on the cereal aisle at he local grocery leads to her finding another body and being embroiled in a confounding case.

The serial infidelities of a wealthy man and the ripples in the lives of those around him are profound.

Anna and her detective must work hard to survive the fallout. Though tragic, Anna still manages to bring humorous insights and elements
Heather W
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
"A Bloody Stiletto, Cold Lasagna, and a Bestseller" is the second book in The Anna Romano Mystery Series. I am really enjoying this series and find it to be a fun read for a lazy weekend afternoon. The characters are well developed, likable, quirky, and relatable. The storyline is well written with zany adventures, murder, and some romance. There are some editing issues but hopefully, those will be fixed.

I read and reviewed a copy of this book with no obligation.
Mary
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the characters and the story but, as others stated, did get a bit confused in the beginning as to who was narrating. Once I got their ‘voice’ in my head, it was much easier. I look forward to the next book.

C.N. Jannain
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More shenanigans from Anna Romano, the Italian bombshell. She can’t leave a mystery alone, along the way she gets herself in all kinds of trouble. Her romance was progressing nicely, will it continue. So many question to answer. I was looking forward to this 2nd book and was not disappointed. A third one is coming and i can’t wait.
Pat Eroh
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I have read by this author and I love the way she writes, her characters and her stories! So funny and yet so action-packed with just a hint of romance. I highly recommend this author and this book.

Dorothy  Scott
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
An unspeakable crime in a peaceful town is the beginning of John’s and Anna’s adventure. Cheryl Denise Bannerman has woven an entertaining mystery with engaging characters and a host of suspects. I recommend this novel and suggest reading the entire series.

Tina Layner
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this series. Anna gets herself in trouble for snooping in a case for a juicy story. I thought the second book was good however I liked the first one better.

Kristi
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The title alone will grab your attention. Reading the story with the entertaining characters and plot will keep you turning the pages. A great cozy mystery.

Jodi Sweet
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m enjoying this series. The stories are fast and fun reads, the characters are just adorable and the murders are twisted and surprising. Can’t wait for more!

Noemi Proietti
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A few months ago I was invited to take part in the blog tour for Cats, Cannolis, And A Curious Kidnapping, the first absorbing and original novel in the Anna Romano series and I fell in love with this character, so when I was invited to read the second novel of this series I accepted right away, curious to see in what hilarious and suspenseful situation Anna would get involved this time. I’d like to thank Emma for inviting me to take part in the blog tour and providing me with a copy of A BLOODY ...more
Ashley Gillan
Adriana
Jul 05, 2020
Lisa
Aug 19, 2020

• Vampires and Vanishings (Magic & Mystery #6)
  • Magic and Mystery: Bundle Book 1 (Magic & Mystery #1-3)
  • The QWERTY Murders (Pippa Parker Mysteries, #5)
  • Christmas Custard Conspiracy (The Drunken Pie Cafe Cozy Mystery Book 6)
  • The Inca's Curse (The Thornton Mysteries #2)
  • Pawsitively Cursed (Witch of Edgehill, #2)
  • A Witch Too Bright (Crystal Springs #3)
  • Keys & Kidnappers (Presley Thurman #12)
  • Cookies and Chaos (Maple Lane Cozy Mysteries #3)
  • First Night, Last Rites (Press Pass Mysteries #4)
  • Fortune Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #2)
  • Doughnuts and Disaster (Maple Lane Mysteries #4)
  • Tea & Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #1)
  • Fear at the Ferris Wheel (Whodunit Pet Mystery #3)
  • In the Nib of Time (Hand Lettering Mystery #2)
  • An Uncharted Corpse (The Charlotte Anthony Mysteries Book #4)
  • Out of Peach (Sweet Peach Bakery #10)
  • Sugar & Spice (The Blackwood Family Saga, #3)
Even at the age of seven, up and coming Author Cheryl Denise Bannerman, would sit for hours on end reading about faraway lands, intriguing characters and intoxicating storylines.

And by a pre-teen, she was writing poetry for publication and short stories for school that moved the reader to laughter, tears, and sometimes anger. She was an old creative soul from a young age, experiencing way too much

Anna Romano (2 books)
  • Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping (An Anna Romano Mystery Series, #1)

News & Interviews