Start by marking “Forgotten Love” as Want to Read:
Forgotten Love

Forgotten Love

(Bound By Love #1)

I'm an ex-Navy SEAL. A wounded warrior with a hard-ass exterior and a checkered past to match. All I care about is my outdoor survival business-teaching others the skills they need to survive in the face of danger.But fate has a wicked sense of humor.From out of nowhere this brunette-beauty with the easy smile and doe-eyes walks into my life...and it's not the first ...more
Published March 12th 2019 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Forgotten Love, please sign up.
J.M. Davies Hi Izzie,

Hi Izzie,

I am sorry you felt it ended abruptly it really wasn't my intention, but it does say it is the first book in the Bound by Love series. I felt, for Forgotten Love, that section about the story between Summer and Rafe came a conclusion, and assumed readers would realize that another book would follow.

The next book, Returning to Love ( a working title) will tie up all the loose ends, although there will be more angst as they continue to face problems from their past.

I truly appreciate your insight and hope you continue to follow the series...Thank you, Jen. (less)

Start your review of Forgotten Love
Anna
May 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thanks to author for providing this copy through Netgalley.

Well, it really was a Trainwreck! Sometimes I felt like author didn't know how to tie everything up.
MCs or were fucking together or just arguing about just everything.
Heroine had a amnesia. Hero wanted her back but heroine's parents prohibited it.
I mean, really??!! Wtf??!!
If you really love your girl you don't listen to some mean people.
Heroine tried to play it cool but for my taste she didn't try to hard. She was clingy.
A lot of typos.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is really good. It was heartbreaking and sweet and hot; all at the same time.

I find myself rooting for Rafe since Summer's dad acted like a rich asshole on him. While the storyline is fairly cliche and predictable, I still suck it up like a squid. The chemistry between Rafe and Summer was there, especially when Rafe being all bossy and determined to make it work between them.

I'm not who is into the whole book-boyfriend thing, but if I am, Rafe would be it for me.

Izzie d
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

The flashback scenes, when Summer starts remembering are wonderful. The story is realistic in addressing PTSD and its many incarnations. J.M. Davies takes on difficult subject matter and turns it into an intense love story!

Read full review in the 2019 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Maria
May 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
- Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review -
Least favorite quote (from ARC):
"It wasn’t his style to approach a woman. Women flocked to him. He had his pick."

A story about second chances on love, with some tenderness and a strong emphasis on “hot, earth-shattering, all-consuming sex” and plenty of descriptions of the sexual attraction and activities between Rafe, the wounded hero, and Summer, the amnesiac heroine.
Some of the ingredients of this story appealed to me, but the
Jennifer Smith
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steamy, second-chance at love story.

Rafe and Summer both have personal issues to overcome in order for them to be together. While their first attempt at a relationship ends in disaster, their second chance love affair teaches them their love can survive tough times as the face many obstacles.

I enjoyed this romance set in Maine and would highly recommend it.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Forgotten Love is a super steamy, and emotional second chance romance.

“...she knew he only needed to place a finger on her skin and a hunger for him called”

Summer has so much thrown at her, but underneath is strong and determined to stand on her own feet and rise above it.

No matter what Summer remembers or doesn’t she can never resist Rafe.
“I burn for you and only you.”

Rafe is a bit of an arrogant alpha. He is a former Navy SEAL and has some issues of his own, but refuses to let any weakness
Sharon Tyler
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Forgotten Love is the first book in the Bound By Love series by J.M. Davies. I’m an ex-Navy SEAL. A wounded warrior with a hard-ass exterior and a checkered past to match. All I care about is my outdoor survival business—teaching others the skills they need to survive in the face of danger. But fate has a wicked sense of humor. From out of nowhere this brunette-beauty with the easy smile and doe-eyes walks into my life…and it’s not the first time. Summer doesn’t remember me. But she’s the one I ...more
Heather andrews
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rafe doesn't need to be told things twice, “why am I undressed while you’re fully clothed?” Needing no further encouragement, Rafe unbuttoned his dark jeans and slid them off..." I liked this book, I liked Rafe.
Vampire_Girl
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ger the book

I loved this book soo much the reason why I gave it 5 stars is because it's that good I advise u to buy this book right now..... you will fall in love with the 2 main characters
Staci Hicks
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love loves it! It captured me from the very beginning. I felt myself fighting for Rafe. I loved the banter each of them had in their heads throughout the entire book. Very well written.
Tracie R
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
A second chance romance, Forgotten Love, has good characters and a well delivered storyline. I enjoyed this story and will look to read more of the Bound by Love series.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A sweet and sexy second chance romance about an unforgettable love between two souls that perfectly mend together. I enjoyed the story and how both characters grew on their own and together. They never gave up willing to fight against all odds for a love they believed in.
Jamie
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story...oh my goodness. This story had me crying from the very beginning. Summer and Rafe are beautiful characters and their story adds so much to it. This is a must read.

Shannon Diaz
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Rafe and summer story ended up sweet. There where some issues with this book in the middle that caused me not to fully fall for it but overall I really enjoyed this story. I think the book needs a content editor and then it would flow better.
Coco.V
May 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
FREE on Amazon today (7/1/2019)!

ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Char (1RadReader59)
This was one of those stories that grip you at the very beginning. The author draws you in with the two characters and their story as it is seen a lot from the POV of an arrogant alpha male who is a former Navy SEAL, Rafe. Believe me, he is too confident for his own good at the beginning of their relationship which you see is due to his training and position of service.

Yet, as the story goes on you get to see the real weaknesses that come to haunt him and cause him a disservice when it causes
F.P. Fontaine
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story and devoured every page of this hot second chance romance. J.M. Davies is a new author for me, and I’m definitely sold.

I fell in love with main characters Rafe and Summer and couldn’t get enough of their off-the-charts chemistry as they worked through their messy past. Rafe is the tough alpha male who is dealing with a past that has left him broken but not unfixable. I loved how he fought for Summer's love and would go to no end to try to win her over. Summer was the strong
Karen Roma
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Forgotten Love is a second chance romance that tells of two people with a history, that one is determined not to repeat. Unfortunately for Raf, the inexplicable hold that Summer has on his heart, and the inherent danger that plagues her every move, will make walking away from this captivating woman an impossibly.

This is a well-written story with plenty of unresolved issues and a couple who are so perfect for each other, that you just want to shout, “wake up, and see what’s right in front of you”
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Forgotten Love by J.M. Davies is the First book in the Bound By Love Series. This is the story of Rafe and Summer.
Rafe and Summer have a history but Summer doesn't remember it do to a health issue. But Rafe does and she is the women that he can't forget. This is is second chance for him to protect her and work toward getting the girl. This book ends setting us up for the next installment in this series I felt.
T.S. Petersen
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a second chances Romance. I loved and wanted to throttle Raf at times, while Summer had me sympathising with her. What a nightmare her parents seem to be.

There are twists and turns that had me sitting on the edge of my seat. I really hope I get to read about two of the other characters within the book. A great and relaxing read by J M Davies.
Gemma Berlanti
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always been a sucker for second chance romances especially those with an insistent hero and a heroine playing hard to get. I enjoyed the cat and mouse games between Summer and Rafe. Looking forward to see how the rest of the series escalates.
Jessica
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
The concept of this story was great! I have read a story before where the female character lost her memory and it was a great read. This one... I couldn’t get into it. I’m not sure why. I started skipping ahead in the story thinking maybe I was just at a boring part... didn’t help.
Give it a try... you might like it.
poppy
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a hot and steamy second chance romance. I just loved Rafe and Summer's story these two were great characters and had tons of chemistry. I just loved this book it was a super read and I finished it in one sitting I would recommend this book. I cannot wait for the next book.
Mary
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very captivating story that hooks you and keeps you flipping pages. Rafe and Summer are given a second chance but must get through some hurtles and their past to get happiness. It's very intriguing and steamy story that I thoroughly loved up until the end. However, it was also disappointing because of the non-end. I was so hooked and could not believe what happens at the very end. I assume there will be another story.
Tracey
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first experience reading this author's work and I was pleasantly surprised. This is a unique, dual POV, second-chance romance with a whole lot of twists and turns. No one has mentioned this, but I feel like this ended on a bit of a cliffhanger -- I'm really hoping we get more of a conclusion to Rafe and Summer's story in the next book in this series. If you're looking for a new author who knows how to write a steamy, sexy, interesting and angsty contemporary romance, I would ...more
Barbara
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book one in the Bound By Love series a well written book by an Author I have not read before. Rafe and Summer will have so much to overcome when they get their second chance at love. I would like to know what happens to Matt after what he did, maybe it will happen in the next book. I enjoyed reading this book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Heather Wamboldt
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This second chance at love story was a good start to the Bound by Love series. The characters are likable and well developed. The storyline was great but I was surprised that so much was left unanswered. This was a very steamy story so make sure you have a fan nearby when reading.

Melissa
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: booksprout
This was a train wreck from start to finish, it seemed like the author couldn't decide what she wanted to happen.

Pam
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by J.M. Davies and I quite enjoyed it!

The blurb is a tad misleading; it seems as though the book is in the male’s POV. However, it has both Summer’s and Rafe’s, the main characters, POV, which is just fine with me because that’s what I prefer.

This was a great contemporary romance. It starts out in the city and moves to a small town suburb, so you really get the best of both worlds with this book.

I’m having trouble knowing what to write for this one because I don’t want to

• Cold Hearted Bastard
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Sonny (Texas Kings MC, #2)
  • Not Suitable for Work (Anti-Belle #1)
  • The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)
  • Dirty Bad Savage (Dirty Bad, #2)
  • Kale (Texas Kings MC, #1)
  • Grunt (Texas Kings MC, #4)
  • Bird (Texas Kings MC #3)
  • Lout (Texas Kings MC #5)
  • The Bonus  (Zeta Cartel, #1)
  • CAPTURED (Orion Protection, #1)
  • Her Wild Coast Haven (Storm Harbor, #2)
  • Kissing Micky (Washington Guardians Hockey #1)
  • Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)
  • Maverick (Satan's Fury MC, #1)
  • Baby Mine (Hunter & Lennon, #1; Roommate Duet, #1)
  • Finding Home (Rollin On, #1)
Multi-genre author, J.M.Davies, Jen, is originally from Wales in the UK, but she now resides with her family, one cat called Kitkat and a rescue hound called Ella in a small-town north of Boston.

She is a former nurse/midwife, who loves reading, and bringing people together. Since she could read, Jen has enjoyed an eclectic taste in books, but loves all thing's romance, and from her love of the