Start by marking “Don't Go Back” as Want to Read:

Don't Go Back

Despite the fact she's a woman in a man's world, Morgan Lane works hard at Goldsen Park. Wielding a chainsaw and felling trees, she tries to keep up with her bosses' constantly contradicting orders. Staying busy in the woods keeps her from thinking about Wade Newland, the one man she'd loved who left her without an explanation.

Yet the photojournalist can't stay away. Wade
Published March 27th 2019 by Amabel Daniels

To ask other readers questions about Don't Go Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Go Back

Dianne
Morgan works in the woods, able to handle a chainsaw and unafraid of the sounds and shadows that most would find unsettling deep in the wilderness. She never expected to be literally carried off and into a ravine by the one man she never could forget! Why would Wade come crashing back into her life? Especially with so much drama?

Something is fishy in the park lands that Morgan works in and people are going missing, or being murdered. Wade and Morgan find themselves wondering who they can trust
Lindsay
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Confession time...I love this author's books. Granted, I'm a few behind, but everything I've read by this author, I've loved. So when I was offered a review copy of this book, I jumped at it. Without even reading the blurb (I'm a rebel that way 😉)...If you know me at all, you know I'm not a nature person. As in, I don't like it in person and consequently, it's not my favorite in my books 🙈

Ok, so with that confession out of the way, I'll admit that it took me a while to connect with Morgan. I lov
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An action-packed, suspenseful story filled surprising twists made this a quick read for me. Morgan (whom I must say is a badass arborist) working a chainsaw and battling the elements like a boss was amazing! Wade, well, I was a little miffed at him at first, but slowly warmed up to him after he did some explaining about himself. That's all you're getting from me. I'm not one to give spoilers. So, if you're into the plotlines of a book that don't go quite the way you expect and want some impressi ...more
Yolanda
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! Don’t Go Back is one thrilling ride with suspenseful twists and turns that had me on the edge of my seat. The plot is intriguing and I loved the mystery aspect of it. Wade and Morgan have a complicated relationship and when you combine that with the strange and dangerous things going on around them, it makes for a very interesting story.

I am highly impressed with Don’t Go Back, the characters are strong, the storyline is consistent and it’s a must read!!!
Teri
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Morgan is no joke!!! Love this bada$$, dealing with all of the hassles of working in a position considered to be a man's job and doing it well. Throughout the story she proves that she is no wimp and that of course made her near and dear to my heart. I hate when the females turn into a petty mess when the action starts and she did not disappoint. This is a read filled with action and suspense and a bunch of characters who show their true self in the midst of a mess. This author did a great job o ...more
Carolyn
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me on the edge of my seat! Morgan, an arborists at a park who wields a chainsaw and Wade, her newly returned ex boyfriend/photojournalist, stumble into trouble at the park and don’t know who to trust. We have nasty coworkers, demanding bosses, corrupt police, action, suspense, steamy hot sexy scenes and another chance at love.
Lissanne Jones
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a well-written, well-researched book. Morgan Lane is an arborist working in a state park. She puts her head down and does her job well, licking her wounds after having her heart broken by Wade Newland, a freelance photojournalist with whom she'd spent the previous summer. Wade, while a free spirit, had told her she wasn't a fling and Morgan believed him... until she woke up one morning and found him gone without explanation.

Morgan's not interested in the politics of the park; she just wa
Janet Welling
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting read with a lot of suspense.

This book is quick off the mark with the action and suspense. There is a mystery going on in the park and Morgan and Wade are thrown into the thick of things, literally, right from the first chapter. Lots of great scenic descriptions and just enough character development to keep things interesting. The author is very adept at giving away just enough details to keep the suspense tight and slow burning at the same time. Just when I managed to figure out par
Andrea Martin
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don't go Back is the first book from Amabel Daniels that I have read and it won't be my last. Morgan Lane is a strong, badass woman doing what is mostly considered a mans job. She has her dream job as an arborist in a state park in Michigan. On the job side life is a dream except she works too hard. On the love side things aren't as lucky. Enter in Wade Newland, a photo journalist and Morgan's ex-boyfriend who disappeared without an explanation a year ago and comes crashing back into her life qu ...more
Zamantha
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was a crazy ride.

Morgan Lane is a strong woman working in a male-dominated space. She works her butt off to make sure that she is ahead and does her job well. This is a risky business when you're cutting down trees in a park. But she does it listening to her boss and keeping the thoughts of her ex away from her mind. Until one day she is caught up in something dangerous and who comes to the rescue, Wade.

Wade Newland is a photojournalist who does studies on animals in their natural habitat. H
Susan Homan
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't Go Back

Morgan is a woman working a mainly male job, as an arborist at a park in Michigan. Wade is her ex, who is a photo-journalist. He left without a word to her months ago, but comes back into her life with a big bang - literally tackling her and sending them both over a cliff because of dangerous things going on in her park. This story has suspense, mystery, chemistry, love, and great characters. I started it and did not want to put it down until I was finished. I really did not see man
Dee
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Action and Adventure Heats Up”

Don't Go Back by Amabel Daniels is the first book I have read by the author, and I enjoyed her strong heroine, and non-stop action. Morgan Lane is an arborist working for a state park. Being a female in a “man’s job”, she takes a lot of flak—but she brandishes a chainsaw like a champ. When her ex, Wade, literally slams back into her life after ghosting her with no explanation, the action heats up and the danger escalates. They don’t know who to trust. As they navig
Kaye
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE THRILLING ADVENTURE!!!
OMG! Talk about living on edge. A whirlwind of activities and events that keep you flipping page after page. One rollercoaster ride with a plethora of emotions to sort through. One amazing storyline and strong plot bring this read roaring to life beautifully. The characters were realistic with personalities and depth that drew you in. Sparks fly as suspense and intrigue ensues in epic proportions. All the drama, action packed, heart pounding, nailbiting, hard hitting th
Lisa Marie Barrera
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! DON'T GO BACK by Amabel Daniels took me by Surprise!! It Intrigued from the Very Beginning of the Book and never a Dull moment page after page!! She is a New Author for me and She Had at the Very Beginning of the Book!!
This is a Thriller Mysterious Adventure with the plot thickens deeper into the mix with a Forest park full of Suspenseful Surprise Secrets further into the Darkness. Once I start reading this Jem, I Could Not Put It in Down and devour it in ONE Sitting! And just when you Th
Michelle
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, booksprout-arc, 2019
Morgan and Wade were a couple until he left her with no explanation. They are reunited when Morgan witnesses something at the park she works at and he rescues her. They must find out who is after them but can they work together before they end up the next victims or will their past get in their way? The story starts out a bit slow but once it got going it took off and the suspense, drama, danger, romance and twists made it worth the read. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Karen L Ledee
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s starts out slowly with the background of the characters, then goes on to detail out what they do and then gets much more intense and suspenseful. Will Morgan take Wade back after he hightailed out last summer because his feelings scared him? There are ‘who to trust’ issues with the Wade and Morgan when there are goings on in the park. People are turning up dead and who is the leader of the corruption. Interesting book.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book
Samantha Waldow
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book takes you on some great twists and mystery. Morgan is working in Goldsend Park cutting felling trees. She loves her job but not how her boss keeps her so busy. We meet Wade as he is saving her by crashing into her and rolling down a hill. Wow. This book has so many twist and turns, you are not sure who is her friend. This was a great read that will keep you on the edge of your seat flipping page after page.
Emily Dickson
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr
Lots of twists and turns in this story. Morgan was an arborists who worked in a park. Wade was a photojournalist and had once been with Morgan. While the two try to figure out their relationship strange things are going on in the woods. Lots of great characters and tons of action with a satisfying HEA. This was a winner!
Claire M
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who can they trust?

Morgan and Wade had a good relationship until he just left her one day, when he comes crashing (literally) back into her life. They have to figure out if they can work it out whilst trying to find out who was shooting at them and what is happening in the park?
Who can they trust?

Good read different to my normal reads but still enjoyable
Teri Ruscak
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome well-researched story, the author clearly knows what she's talking about. The story flows, the characters are strong and solid, the mystery and suspense and the twists and turns make it a really eventful story.

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It Grabbed My attention and focus so strong I could not put it down. A word of advice when you get your copy. Grab a snack, a comfy seat, kick back and relax. You wont be moving until you finish this bad boy here. Remarkable job. Thanks for sharing.

Lizzi
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great story of a woman succeeding in a man’s world. Wade and Morgan have a complicated history. Everything comes to a head when these two are inadvertently involved in a mystery. I like the way that this story unfolded. While I could guess some of the players, some were a big surprise. Great story!!
Misty Whightsel
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a new to me author and I received an ARC copy of this book. I had a hard time getting into this book, however, if you're more into a suspenseful thriller then you'll enjoy it more than I did. I did love the fact that Morgan was successful in what is considered to be a man's profession. Although this particular storyline wasn't my cup of tea, I would read more from this author.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow , this story was not at all what I was expecting and I loved it.
Morgan got her heart broken by Wade and now he is there and saved her life, and they have to work together to figure out why someone is trying to kill her .
This book has it all , a love that has no limits of time, a killer, and action, and no one they can trust but each other.
I loved this so freaking much.
Rubi
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite kind of heroine are the ones that are BA. Morgan is this heroine. Come on! A female lumberjack? Can't get anymore BA if you tried.

I'm so glad Amabel sent this book my way. It has so much suspense and mystery that it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Add in the romance and that makes for a page-turning must read for me! Highly recommend!
Tanya
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She works in a man world using a chainsaw as good as any man. Her boss keeps changing orders but it makes it easier not to think of hum. He cannot stay away and ends up saving her from a gun man. Who is shooting in her woods? Can they work together to solve it? See if they can

Neisha Exeter
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author and it certainly won’t be my last. From experience I can tell that this book was well researched and therefore very well written. The story line was very interesting and the book had great characters. Wade and Morgan are a match made in heaven. I really could not put this book down. Definitely recommended.
Shirley Linn
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

March 27, 2019
Format: Kindle Edition
This is a fast-paced, suspenseful read with great characters. It is full of intrigue, suspense and danger. From the beginning until the end I was trying to figure out who the villain was. A couple of times I thought that I had it figured out but, I didn't. This is definitely a book that will keep you guessing. I would definitely recommend this book
Sharon
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don't Go Back

An interesting and intriguing story with good characters and twists and turns from the start right the way to the end

Joleen Grace
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is very suspenseful. It starts off with a bang and doesn’t stop. I couldn’t decide who to trust and who was in on it all. How it all came together I was surprised!! The author kept me off the tail pretty well.
Amabel Daniels lives in Northwest Ohio with her patient husband, three adventurous daughters, and a collection of too many cats and dogs. Although she holds a Master’s degree in Ecology, her true love is finding a good book. When she isn’t spending time outdoors, she’s busy brewing up her next novel, usually as she lets her mind run off with the addictive words of “what if…”