Start by marking “Scorpion Sting (Dan Roy, #9)” as Want to Read:
Scorpion Sting (Dan Roy, #9)

Scorpion Sting

(Dan Roy #9)

THE FIRST LADY IS MISSING, BUT NO ONE HAS NOTICED.
THE WHITE HOUSE HAS A SECRET THAT ONLY DAN ROY KNOWS.
SO DOES A FOREIGN POWER, AND THEY WILL USE IT TO BRING AMERICA TO ITS KNEES.

A fearsome terrorist has his eyes set on the ultimate prize - The President and his Family. The occupants of the White House are in grave and mortal danger, but they don't know. Those who know
Published March 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Scorpion Sting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scorpion Sting

Start your review of Scorpion Sting (Dan Roy, #9)
Lisa
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I am a big fan of Dan Roy and the Scorpion but this book 'Scorpion Sting' was disappointing. As always this is an a action packed book but, for me, it only got going in the last third of the book. The beginning jumped around so much it was hard to remember all the characters, organisations and code names .. all of which were talking about Dan Roy so it was not easy to get into. There were also plenty of references to a previous book which would not make much sense if you hadn't read it. This boo ...more
Grace J Reviewerlady
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sssshhh .. don’t tell my husband, but I think I may just be a little bit in love with Dan Roy! He’s my absolute favourite goodie with a bad side and the ability to always do what’s right . . .

This time round, we find Dan having arrived in London, but when he gets the message that his one time enemy, Scorpion, is in trouble in France he quickly makes his way there. He knows that she would only contact him if she was depending on him for help, so how can he resist? But Dan and Scorpion don’t only
Carol Butler
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Dan Roy novel and this time he is joined by the Russian Natasha Karmen aka The Scorpion, also Dan has feelings for her and is reciprocated, however, the threat is the First Lady and the Russians want to put a double in her place when she does a talk in Paris. But trying to piece together the pieces of who is behind it all is a job, and also a mole in the mix so all the factions are one step ahead of Dan and the Scorpion, however all the twist and turns in this fast pace novel prevails in ...more
Jay Williams
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dan Roy meets up with his nemesis/lover, the Russian assassin known as the Scorpion when he is called to her rescue in Paris. They go on to uncover and fight a plot to replace the American First Lady with a Russian imposter. In the world of Dan Roy and The Scorpion no one is to be trusted or believed. The characters are all very well developed and interesting, and the story is another suspense thriller with a number of surprises. Even though this is the ninth is a series, it is easy to read as a ...more
Cbyarling
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mick Bose returns with #9 of his Dan Roy series. But with Scorpion in the title and if you are counting, this is Scorpion 3.0.

If you have already been introduced to any one of Mick Bose' Dan Roy series but haven’t read any of the three Scorpion books, you might consider reading them in order: Dan Roy #5, 7, and 9. Doing this would not detract from reading any one of the Mick Bose Dan Roy series. The Scorpion novels are all great adventures, but this might be the best of the three. Read them and
Steve Edelman
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE AMAZING DAN ROY SERIES

I just finished the 9th and final book in the Dan Roy series and enjoyed the ‘wild ride’ Mick Bose provided.

Dan is the consummate assassin, but has one major flaw - his conscience. Regardless where he is sent or what job he must accomplish, Dan uses his talents - physique, excellent marksmanship, martial arts fighting-skills and intelligence to overcome every antagonist who gets in his way.

If you haven’t read any of Mick Bose’s books, start with book 1; you’re in for a
Steve Jeffers
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Best Dan Roy Yet!!!!

WOW!!!! Mike Bose has hit a home run with this book and indeed, the entire series! A deep plot that has worldwide implications has the Scorpion and Dan Roy on the run, and they are being hunted. Don’t ever back Dan Roy or the Scorpion in a corner if you desire a long life. Awesome book, excellent series. If you enjoy action filled books, i highly recommend this book and the series.
Laura R
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dan and the Scorpion's paths cross again in this fast paced story that is full of intrigue, double agents, lots of action, and sub-plots. The author does a great job of giving just enough detail as to Dan's thought processes without it being redundant. Can't wait to see what adventures await Dan in the next book. ...more
Michael
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Worthy of a five star rating

The ninth book in the Dan Roy series deserves a 6 star rating. The characters are well established and although there are 8 previous books in the series the Scorpion Sting added a fresh and interesting chapter to the series. I am looking forward to number 10.
M. T. Lyons
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I'v read all the Dan Roy series and some of your other books and have enjoyed your plots
and classy style of writing. However this last book was just a little to hard to believe, that
and the grammar/spelling just ruined a great series for me. The last 60 pages were so bad
I almost thought about not finishing the book.

lindel
Aug 26, 2019 added it
Another good one

Read all 3 in the Scorpion series and enjoyed all of them. These books are good enough to be made into movies. M. Bose just please get an editor to help with the typo and grammar errors. Although I didn't find that they took away for the essence of the book. Well done!
Carol Simmons
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Story first meeting, Dan Roy and Scorpion. This was a excellent story and meeting people who have hard time with being honest and wanting to do harm to Americans. Dan Roy knows how to get the job done without killing everyone. Will read all books written by this talented author and need to learn everything about Dan Roy.
ronald c. greenberg
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a 5 star thriller with a 1 star proofer

I have read every Dan Roy book. I’ve complained about the grammar, spelling, word choice, word tense, wrong words and lack of paragraphs and correct grammar. To no avail! This book sets a record for proofer screw ups. What a shame because it’s a great story. Why can’t you hire a professional editor?
Brian
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scorpion Sting.

Another great addition to a fantastic series of books. Whenever The Scorpion and Dan Roy get together, fireworks commence. This is an explosive thriller that you can't put down. Great job, Mick.
Victoria Stewart
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Another great story with many twists and turns. It follows up with some previous storylines, but can standalone too. Looking forward to more adventures with Dan and company.
Beach Bum
Jul 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Good. Not great

Fast paced, action seems to leap out of every page
Clever scenario, but a tad far fetched
The relationship between Dan and Natasha should prove interesting, if it gets developed in future books
June
Another great Dan Roy thriller with plenty of action

Terrorists have a evil plan that will change the world but Dan and the Scorpion will try their best to stop them. I like how hired assassin's end up being the good guys.
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dan Roy and his arch rival, the Scorpion team up again in this action packed novel. A plot to capture the First Lady and put a look alike in her place. A CIA agent shot dead by a sniper. Danger and suspense to keep your interest. The Dan Roy series is packed with action as this one is as well.
alan frost
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spot the typos

I chose this rating because my book was an early readers copy and contained more than a few typos it would have been 5 stars otherwise . I look forward to the next instalment typo free.
Mike Davis
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read as always in the series. A little different than some in the tone, after several volumes I can imagine that some change is welcome by both author and reader. Always enjoy the action and storylines in the Mick Bose booke.
Mary Ellen Dryden
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second try. A great story with strong characters and exciting plots. International travel and evil villains..
Sanford Archer
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great next move for Dan Roy!

This picked up where the last volume ended, excitedly well written and hard to put down. Can’t wait for the next one!
jean buck
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adventures with Scorpion and Dan

A real page Turner, couldn't put the book Dow. Story was so interesting. Definite intrigue. Looking forward to this author's next book.
Ron Diamond
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent series

I’ve read and enjoyed all of the Dan Roy books. Plenty of action and plot twists to keep you reading all night.
Anna Lopez pugsley
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good

I completely enjoyed reading book nine. A number of twists and turns keep the pages turning and the unexpected is the norm. Well Done!
Kenn Goslin
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When is a sting not a sting???

Once again Dan Roy seems to be getting sucked in to the bad guys stuff. But what about the Scorpion and Anna who???
Clive Willcocks
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story from Mick. Well worth a read. Highly recommended.
Debbie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting as usual. Great story with all the favorites(Dan, Melania, the Scorpion) and some new despicable characters. They save the day as expected.
Roy Lees
Apr 05, 2019
peter newell
Dec 20, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Hawaii Job (Case Lee #5)
  • Dead of Night (Harry Bauer Thriller #1)
  • The Amazon Job (Case Lee #4)
  • The Einstaat Brief (Harry Bauer Thriller #3)
  • The New Guinea Job (Case Lee #2)
  • Weapons (King & Slater #1)
  • The Orcas Island Job (Case Lee #6)
  • Dying Breath (Harry Bauer Thriller #2)
  • Flash Point (Jason Trapp, #3)
  • The Caribbean Job (Case Lee #3)
  • Deep Allegiance (Noah Wolf #16)
  • Caged Animal (Noah Wolf #15)
  • The White Scorpion
  • The Suriname Job (Case Lee #1)
  • Blood Rush (Team Reaper Thriller #4)
  • Termination Order (Team Reaper Thriller #3)
  • Depth Charge (Jason Trapp #4)
  • High Treason (Noah Wolf #18)

Dan Roy (9 books)
  • Hidden Agenda (Dan Roy, #1)
  • Dark Water (Dan Roy, #2)
  • The Tonkin Protocol (Dan Roy, #3)
  • Shanghai Tang (Dan Roy, #4)
  • Scorpion Rising (Dan Roy, #5)
  • Deep Deception (Dan Roy, #6)
  • Scorpion Down (Dan Roy, #7)
  • Code Zero (Dan Roy, #8)

News & Interviews