Start by marking “Timestamp: Musings of an Introverted Black Boy” as Want to Read:
Timestamp: Musings of an Introverted Black Boy

Timestamp: Musings of an Introverted Black Boy

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
I’m a twenty-two-year-old Black introvert who overthinks everything, can’t get a date, yet somehow managed to graduate from Harvard.

My story is probably not like yours. I’m a Black boy from the Midwest. I’ve never been kissed. I'm desperately in love with two women: Aretha and Whitney. I struggle with a mild form of social anxiety. I sing to myself almost everywhere I go.
Expected publication: September 17th 2019 by Post Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Timestamp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Timestamp

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Laurence Pevsner
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of "Timestamp: Musings of an Introverted Black Boy" and I'm so glad I did. It's a book made for anyone—and I recommend it to everyone.

Timestamp defies easy summary—while there is certainly a collective whole that's greater than the sum of its parts, Timestamp really is a collection of brilliant, pithy musings. Part of what makes it so enjoyable and well-considered is the way you follow the narrator's thought process. Each section is different: some
Kelly Wellen
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
NOTE: I received an advanced copy of the book

Timestamp’s power stems from its uniquely personal nature. It captures the transition into adulthood while freely exploring the humanity of a Black man and the society which tries to box him in.

Marcus Granderson speaks from a place of human imperfection. This book is not about finding the “right” way to view the world; it is about individual growth. This book captures how race, faith, art and politics come together to shape a young man’s conception of
ᴡᴡᴡ.Matt_Pairitz.18sexy.pw
Note: I received an advanced copy of the book.

Timestamps is a personal look into the formative years of Marcus Granderson- as a Black, Christian, male going to Harvard, as a participant in love, and as a thoughtful young man just to name a few.

Through it all and over time, we are blessed with journal entries cataloguing his thoughts on what makes life important for ourselves and those around us.

Marcus wrings wisdom from the most contentious and mundane of activities and does it in a way that
Jamie Serlin
Peggy Xu
Allison Whalen
Grindy
Marcus Granderson
Mar 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Charline Jao
SomdahSaysSo
Dusky Literati
Eric
Mar 29, 2019
Marcus Granderson is a podcaster, speaker, and writer based in New York City. A 2018 cum laude graduate of Harvard, Marcus crafted his own degree program in Rhetoric and Oratory. He currently works as a speechwriter at West Wing Writers, and produces a weekly, short-form podcast series, "Musings of an Introverted Black Boy." He is the author of Timestamp: Musings of an Introverted Black Boy.
“I am
the offspring of their sacrifice,
the fruit of a freedom tree
planted by the enslaved
and watered with the tears
of the shackled,
the daydream of slave minds drunk
with precious thoughts of liberty,
the answered prayer
of an oppressed people.
Because they were,
I am.
 ”
0 likes
“No matter how many times I go back and forth between dreaming and dreading it, love always calls me back home. Through tender love songs and cute love stories and quirky rom-coms (which I actually don’t watch too often), it always manages to renew my faith in its existence. I may not have it yet, but I believe it’s out there somewhere waiting to find me or be found.

That will always give me hope.”
0 likes