Start by marking “Hometown Troublemaker” as Want to Read:
Hometown Troublemaker

Hometown Troublemaker

(Havenbrook #2)

Aurora "Rory" Haven's life is in shambles. Her ex-husband's living with the woman he cheated with, her oldest daughter blames her for the divorce, and she's broke. To make ends meet, she partners with the too-young, way too hot local contractor she has absolutely no business fantasizing about.

Nash King is working overtime so he can take over the family business. He doesn't
300 pages
Published March 14th 2019 by Bright Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Hometown Troublemaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hometown Troublemaker

Timitra
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rated 4.5 Stars

Hometown Troublemaker is the perfect blend of emotional rollercoaster, forbidden/taboo, sweet, sexy and dirty small town romance. I loved it; the characters, the setting, the banter, the sex scenes, the family dynamics, the dynamics between the main characters, Rory and Nash, the sisterly bonds all of it just worked for me. I think what I loved the most about this book was the way the author rendered the characters, they were so true to life. I was all in from the very beginning t
Trinity
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2019
It’s 4 am & I’m writing this review, so that should give you an indication of how, once I let myself get lost in the world of Havenbrook, I was sucked in & legit could not put the iPad down for anything.

Maybe it spoke to me because I identify so closely with Rory. I don’t think that’s it though. I think I fell in love with this book & these characters because I’ve ALWAYS adored Brighton’s writing.

Loved this book, always love Brighton’s writing, & especially loved the sweet but
Cassie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah! This story was perfection. I am swooning so hard over Rory and Nash’s relationship. I loved their banter and their chemistry was so steamy. Just thinking about Rory’s fierceness and Nash’s foul mouth makes me want to fall in love with their relationship all over again!

Full review to come (but first I might need to reread some of my favorite scenes, lol).
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
COMPLETE AND UTTER PERFECTION. I LOVED THIS BOOK SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!

Brighton Walsh's Hometown Troublemaker reads like the best romantic movie you've never seen, except a movie adaptation would probably ruin the absolute perfection of the novel itself. But that's how I felt while reading it: like I could see it playing out in front of me, every character and every emotion so vivid and vibrant and alive.

I shouldn't have enjoyed this book as much as I did. I shouldn't have loved it because I don't
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: March 14, 2019
Genre: Small town, southern, contemporary romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Hometown Troublemaker is the second book I have read by Brighton Walsh and I am now officially hooked to her writing! Not only are the covers gorgeous (the covers are what drew me to her books in the first place) but the stories within the covers are just as fabulous. Hometown Troublemaker is a dream come true. I am a small town, southern romance lover through and through and this book gave m
nick
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it

Woo! I was so happy to dive into a new Brighton Walsh book. She is one of my all-time favorite authors and every book of hers has just been a complete delight. Hometown Troublemaker was no different and I pretty much inhaled this book!

I don't think I've read many books with an age gap where the heroine is the older party, but I am 100% here for this trope. Prim and proper Rory is dealing with being a single mother after her dipshit of an ex-husband cheated on her. She is trying to rebuild her li
Stacee
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I’ve been a huge fan of Brighton’s words from the beginning and I’ll pretty much read anything she puts out since I know I’ll be getting fantastic banter and a HEA.

I really liked Rory and Nash. They seem so different, but they’re quite similar. Their chemistry was off the charts and I absolutely loved the button pushing. Rory’s daughters were adorable and it was fun seeing all of the sisters again.

Plot wise it was a good stretch of time. There are a few moving pieces here, yet nothing felt lik
Holly
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*eARC kindly provided by the author*

HOT DAMN! It feels like I’ve been waiting forever for a new book from her even though Second Chance Charmer was out last year, so I was stoked when she dropped it in my inbox like SURPRISE. I’m a lucky reader. *heart eyes* Anyway, Brighton’s always been a favorite of mine, but this one hit it out-of-the-park!

I honestly cannot remember how I felt about Rory in book one, when it was a younger Haven front and center. All I could remember was that she was a bit of
《 sofia 》
Mar 18, 2019 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 15%

i might get back to it in the future but i just ain't feeling it right now
Cézanne Hayden-Dilbert
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

It is no secret that I love Brighton Walsh’s stories, but Hometown Troublemaker is easily one of my favorite new reads. There was just something about these two perfectly imperfect characters that made them fit so well together. Once again Brighton Walsh, crafted a deliciously sexy, sweet, and honest romance that was easy to get wrapped up into. Rory and Nash were just fun and real. I enjoyed watching the relationship that developed between these two characters.

When we first met Rory in
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Seriously guys.... Brighton Walsh writes some of the best romance out there. She has yet to disappoint and Hometown Troublemaker was no exception. Her books are always filled with so much heart and feature such great characters.

Personally my favorite thing about Brighton books are the heroines... because the heroine is always dynamic and strong and flawed and never ever loses herself in the hero. She finds her happiness and a guy she deserves but
Isha Coleman
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
What's a person to do when happily ever after turns out to be a dud? In the case of Rory Haven, give people something to talk about. Hometown Troublemaker is proof that the best of intentions, can have surprising results. Brighton Walsh turns heartache into a new beginning with a little laughter and a ton of heart.
Jordan
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rory Haven is facing life in Havenbrook as newly divorced. Raising her two daughters, and trying to make a new life for herself and her girls, all on her own. Her time is spent fixing up her home. Working for her daddy at town hall, at a job she hates. And splitting her time with her girls, with her cheating ex. Rory doesn't have the time or energy for the whispers and gossip, that passes through the lips of everyone in her small town.

And she definitely doesn't have time for the irritating and
Kaye
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE AMAZING ADVENTURE!!!
OMG! Man, talk about biting off more than you can chew. A whirlwind of emotions and events that feed from the excitement and nerve racking tension that brings this bad boy roaring to life brilliantly. All the twists and turns, ups and downs, along with a few glitches and bumps here and there pull you deeper into this raging storyline and hard hitting plot. Throw in all the drama, intrigue, uncertainty and suspense and you have one intense, page turning bombshell that grab
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this take on the best friends' older sibling romance! No, it's not the best friend's hot older brother - it's her older sister! Nash has lusted over his best friend's older sister, Rory, for years. He doesn't care about the 8 year age difference and he tries to keep everything professional between them. He has no idea that the normally prim and proper Rory is lusting after him, but struggling with what everyone will think of her. She has always put everyone before her, even after her divor ...more
Michelle
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love and trouble are so much fun!

Brighton Walsh's Hometown Troublemaker is a sexy, funny, panty-melting romance! The second in the Havenbrook series, the charm and irritation of life in a small town and it's nosy but caring characters have been brought to life in a very believable way. Rory and Nash light up the pages with their off-the-chart heat and though the ending was very satisfying, I still wanted more. So much that I bought the first book, Second Chance Charmer. I loved them both!
I recei
Michelle
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love and trouble are so much fun!

Brighton Walsh's Hometown Troublemaker is a sexy, funny, panty-melting romance! The second in the Havenbrook series, the charm and irritation of life in a small town and it's nosy but caring characters have been brought to life in a very believable way. Rory and Nash light up the pages with their off-the-chart heat and though the ending was very satisfying, I still wanted more. So much that I bought the first book, Second Chance Charmer. I loved them both!

I rece
M Hurford
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Small town romance but big on characters...
Hometown Troublemaker is a great storyline that drew me immediately because of Rory and Nash. They were just about perfect characters and were played off effectively against each other.
I like small town romances and the author did a good job of bringing that feel into the story with her supporting characters and words. The rituals small towns celebrate and engage in were present and validated.
Definitely recommending this book for your reading enjoyme
Tracy Fritts
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Hometown Troublemaker is the second book in the Havenbrook series.I truly enjoyed reading this story and thought id was well written. The storyline was wonderful. I was hooked from the first chapter. I enjoyed these two characters Aurora and Nash story.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Pat
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be a very enjoyable read with the good character and storyline development! As I turned each and every page I felt like Rory and Nash jumped from the pages and pulled me right into their story as it unfolded!
Ren
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily review an Advance Reader Copy of this book. it was interesting.
Irene

Hometown Troublemaker by Brighton Walsh is a beautiful, heartwarming read and I loved it.

The storyline is well written, entertaining from start to end and I loved watching Aurora and Nash's relationship unfold.

This is one of those books that once you start reading you don't want to put it down.

Hometown Troublemaker is a lovely addition to the Havenbrook Series and I highly recommend it.

*An ARC was provided in exchange for my honest thoughts.*
Suzanne Baltsar
Heather62981
Mar 17, 2019
Jessica
Mar 16, 2019
Brighton Walsh spent nearly a decade as a professional photographer before deciding to take her storytelling in a different direction and reconnect with her first love: writing. When she’s not pounding away at the keyboard, she’s probably either reading or shopping—maybe even both at once. She lives in the Midwest with her husband and two children, and, yes, she considers forty degrees to be hoodi ...more

Havenbrook (2 books)