Start by marking “Five Alarm Blaze (Hillsborough Emergency Services, #1)” as Want to Read:
Five Alarm Blaze (Hillsborough Emergency Services, #1)

Five Alarm Blaze

(Hillsborough Emergency Services #1)

Rookie firefighter Cody's got big shoes to fill, following in his hero father's footsteps. And an even bigger question to answer--why the hell does paramedic Seth make him feel the way he does?

Cody was never interested in anything but firefighting. Until he meets a paramedic named Seth and suddenly he's feeling things he's never felt before. Now the job is taking second p
Published March 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Five Alarm Blaze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Alarm Blaze

Susan

Now this was cute!

The romance only happened in the last 20% or so, but I was happy enough reading about Cody and all his insecurities of being attracted to a man for the first time.

Cody is a 19 year old probie firefighter. He just transferred to the station his father always worked at. Now he has big shoes to fill.

Cody is big, tall, muscled, but also shy. When he meets cute paramedic Seth, he is gobsmacked. Cody can’t deny that Seth sets off something inside of him he never felt before
Rachel Emily
Cody, 19 years old and beginning a new chapter of his career as a firefighter now that he's been transferred to the station his father worked at before his death, is eager to be the best firefighter he can be. He doesn't expect, however, to be totally thrown off guard by the feelings and thoughts he has when he meets Seth, one of the paramedics on his team.

One highlight of this book is that there is plenty of action and parts of the story dedicated to the firemen in action. So often when there
Michael S.
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute, enjoyable read that I would love to see in "full" novel length. For me it had the feeling of a longer short story, especially with how the pacing was comparatively steady through about 75% of the book and then cranked up to eleven for the latter portion.

Cody and Seth are both adorable, but I would like to know more about Seth. There is also a tragic event very early in the book, which serves as the plot device that forces Cody and Seth to work together, that is acknowledged for a few chapt
Gigi
Apr 14, 2019 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Shelves: mm-firefighters
One of the protagonists in this book is 19. That's too young for what I usually like to read.

Unless someone can talk me into a FIREFIGHTER BOOK and I'll ignore the age.
RomanceMama
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ehhh

I feel like this book had a lot of potential but fell flat. While it was good, the main characters didn’t speak more than a hello until 75%. After that it seemed like the author was just in a big rush to finish the book and just be done with it.

MAYBE SPOILERS!!!

I wanted to hear more about Liz and find out who attacked her. She was the main characters twin but it’s seems like the author killed her off just to make room at the station for Seth. Seth and Cody’s relationship didn’t even happen
Kendra Patterson
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cody is a firefighter newly transferred into the three. He's only 19 and what his mother says is a late bloomer. He's focused on his job until a run in with a paramedic named Seth. Now he can't stop thinking about Seth, his reactions to him and why he's never felt this way before. It's starting to affect his job and interactions with his fellow firefighters.
Seth is back at the three due to a family loss. He has a gregarious personality and is determined not to let Cody bother him. He's affectio
Pat Nelson
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a charming, engaging, grab-you-by-the-feels, lovely, poignant, adorable, fantastic, and sweetly sexy story. Cody was such a sweetheart, fumbling and struggling with the unfamiliar feelings Seth stirred up in him. I loved Seth from the very beginning, with his cheerful, snarky attitude, and the way he treated Cody. Once Cody let go, his relationship with Seth was HOT!! I was hooked from beginning to end, and the ending left me screaming "NO!" Now I'm eagerly looking forward to see w ...more
Jane
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-favorites
Wow! This book was so good! I always love a good story about firefighters! I like how long it took for this couple to get together, but really liked how Cody becomes his own person in the fire department and follows in his fathers footsteps. I also really liked Seth and found this story interesting to be from one perspective instead of both of the MCs perspectives! Overall, this book was really good! I grew to really enjoy the other fire fighters and love the relationship that forms between Cody ...more
Kathryn Manzella
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five Alarm Blaze is the first book in The Hillsborough Emergency Services Series by Kate Lowell. It's a first time gay romance between two hot men. Cody and Seth are great characters. A nice mix of sweet and sexy. The story has humor' as well. Overall' an entertaining and satisfying read. Loved it!

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation.
Temberley
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very smooth and satisfying read. Love the way we have a mix of comfort and reality at the fire house. Cody is following his dream of following in his dads footsteps, at his dads old firehouse when he meets Seth and all kinds of confusing things start running around in his head. Seth is patient waiting for cody to come to the conclusion that he might be gay. Totally enjoyable and looking forward to more stories in this series.
meep
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
First solo Kate book I have read and I have to say I am loving it. My only issue was that the whole healing period happens off book and that would have been something I would have liked to see. While it was not insta love it does kind of come off as that because of some scenes that wasn’t in the book that happened (if that makes sense)
Jessey Yarbrough
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot mama

Cody and Seth so so awkward with each other it is adorable! They only down side is that this book ends on a HFN with a definite book 2 and it’s torture to have to wait! But I can not see what become of this beautiful couple!!!
Badh
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting

This is a 3.75.

This was interesting. It took me a minute to get into it. I almost out it down, but I'm glad I perservered. I liked reading Cody's struggle and getting into his head.
Ilona
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I normally won't give spoilers on the story but this time I can give some of the story away as the information is already in the blurb, so here goes:
I loved Cody and how he wanted to follow his Dad into the service but then had to contend with his father's legend and the expectations that puts on his performance as a firefighter Then, after meeting Seth, he has to figure out his sexuality on top of that - no wonder the poor thing was so confused.
However I wasn't quite as sure about Seth to start
Kaila
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
oh man this was hott and sexy... it was fun and interesting.. well written and amazing. loved it so much and i hope there will be more!
Ana Miranda
Penny Russell-Smith
Apr 16, 2019
Phillip Porter
Mar 13, 2019
Kate Lowell lives on the east coast of Canada, in an old farm house that has way more personality than it has any right to. During the winter, she spends her time dreading snow, cursing at snow, shoveling snow, and scheming ways to shove it down the kids' necks. During the summer, she prays not to have snow. :)

Kate likes to play in ALL the sandboxes. While her main genres are paranormal and contem

Hillsborough Emergency Services (2 books)
  • Walk Through Fire (A Hillsborough Emergency Services Story, #.5)