Start by marking “Murder On Account” as Want to Read:
Murder On Account

Murder On Account

(Kat Royle #1)

When Kat Royles boss, Roy King, is murdered, she has no choice but to take over the P.I. agency.

Kick-ass tough, Kat is nobody's fool, but does she have what it takes to find Roys murderer and keep the agency afloat?

She is about to find out.
Published April 12th 2019 by Implode Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Murder On Account, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder On Account

Start your review of Murder On Account
 J Alm
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic characters and story.

This book has a lot going on but the story moves quickly and doesn't get muddled.

Kat Royle works with Roy at RK Investigations. At the beginning you get a clear picture of what the characters are like. Roy is not the easiest one to get along with. His only cares are his Rolex watches, cigars and his agency. He loves his daughter as well. Roy is pushing for Kat to string out her cases.

Kat is not happy with fleecing the clients and gets into an argument. Her sister
Krystyna
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful - think Sam Spade brought up to date and female

A great read. Much more grown up then the Witch PI series and it not only has a great plot but it has a little dark humour thrown in. Terrific characters especially the main one. Reminds me of Sam Spade with a dash of Stephanie Plum mixed with Mike Hammer. It has a distinctive noir feel to it even though it is set in the present day.
She has worked at the agency for over 6 years but when her boss is murdered she doesn't look forward to look
Lucy
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Solid First of Series

Longtime reader of the "Witch is When..." series, I read this new book featuring Kat Royale, P.I. Fast paced and easy to read, with snappy comebacks and plenty of snark from Kat.
When the Kat's boss (a rather nasty piece of work) is murdered, Kat takes over the PI firm and investigates the murder, along with her other cases. Soon she's run off her feet between investigating, setting up the office and walking her neighbor's dog.
Kat is a treasure, along with her Grandma Vi,
Dee
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Good start

I usually love Adele's work, but this was a little to rushed at the end. I figured out who killed the main character early on. But it was still entertaining to read up until chapter 17. It felt rushed for some reason and no consistency. I thought I missed a chapter when the main character met up with two people she was looking for. Graham was not fleshed out and neither was the relationship of lack of one. And why was the dog named THE BRICK? Anyway ~ I gave it 3 stars.
jane d byford
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A British ' cosy mystery or rather mini mysteries' but so much more.

I absolutely love all of Adele Abbott's books and cannot wait until the next one comes out. This has the same humour and style of writing as her 'witch ' series with an equally strong main character. I really hope this is the first of another long series of books. This is an easy read but I still couldn't put it down. If you loved her previous books you will love this.
Anne Howard
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read all the Witch PI books and thoroughly enjoy them albeit that they are a light hearted read.

This book is simply a whole different thing - it is a more serious, adult orientated (and I don't mean smutty either), very engrossing, well written, interesting book.

I am truly waiting for the next one - should there be one.
Jennifer Tallentire
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really Enjoyed It!

Great book! Good, rapidly moving story with witty, humerous writing. The book follows several interesting angles but isnt confusing. Realistic characters with interesting personalities and none of the "sugary' artificial sweetness I have seen in lots of books. Will be looking fot more from this author.
Rory
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The characters were good, the storylines were good. You can see it as an opening book that will lead to more. Zero is my favourite character. He has lots of skills and works quickly. He's a good guy. Kat's a bit unbelievably brave in circumstances; but the whole thing hangs together well. Can't wait for the next one.
Judy
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it
This looks like a good start to a new series. I haven't read her other series, but I like this main character who finds herself running the agency when her boss is found dead. She is a good strong character with a good heart and a snarky delivery. If there are more books with her coming, I'll definitely give them a shot. 3.5 stars
FRED BRUCE
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. When can we expect to see more of Kat Royal? Have read all of Adele Abbott's books and enjoyed every one of them:

Loved this book. When will we get more of Kat Royal? I have read all of Adele Abbott's books, and enjoyed every one of them.
Rayline Rapp
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading the witch series and can't wait until the next one comes out. She is an easy read and I like that the answer to the crime is in the last chapter. She also finds herself I trouble and that makes her send human.
Matthew Murray
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

I have read and enjoyed your latest book and looking forward to your next one,there isn't many p.i. Stories and both of yours are fun to read.
Delia
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Like the new book! Keepem coming. ...more
Barbara Cromer
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok for a quick read. Too much like the storyline on her other books.
Sally Orchard
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read.

I really enjoyed this book. I have read all of this authors other books when I noticed she had changed her writing genre I knew I had to give it a try.
Patty
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Liked it.have to read the next to see if I'll like the series..... ...more
Virginia B
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable characters

Good first book in the series with likeable characters. Makes you want to read more to see what they are doing now.
Leonard W. Williamson
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another good read

Love Adele Abbott's work. Enjoyable, funny with a good twist or two. Thanks for your stories, I look forward to reading more
Wendy O'Neill
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Great Read

This is an easy read. It is bit slow going at first but then the case work kicks in and it is very enjoyable. Looking forward to book 2
Strega
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Pretty good story and characters. Only similiarity to the Witch PI series is that Kat Royle is a PI. Much less fluffy writing.
kayla smith
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adele Abbott is and will always be a favorite. Every series of hers is absolutely addictive
Rhonda
Jun 26, 2019
Mary Hall
Jun 09, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Magic & Mishaps (Starry Hollow Witches #9)
  • Bedtime Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #5)
  • Hex Type Thing (A Moonstone Bay Cozy Mystery, #5)
  • Flip the Witch Switch (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #14)
  • The Dirty Coven (A Hannah Hickok Witchy Mystery, #1)
  • Grace Under Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #4)
  • No Guts, No Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #3)
  • The Undead Uproar (A Charlie Rhodes Mystery, #5)
  • Cupid in Crisis (A Moonstone Bay Cozy Mystery Short)
  • Poetry in Potion (Spellbound Ever After Paranormal Cozy Mystery #5)
  • If the Broom Fits (Wicked Witches of Coventry, #1)
  • Doom and Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 2)
  • Freaky Fangs (A Mystic Caravan Mystery, #9)
  • Charmed Offense (Spellbound Ever After Paranormal Cozy Mystery, #4)
  • To Spell with It (A Moonstone Bay Mystery, #4)
  • Freaky Deaky Tiki (A Moonstone Bay Mystery, #3)
  • Southern Wands (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries #12)
  • Ghostly Ordeal (A Harper Harlow Mystery, #12)
Adele Abbott's world is full of mystery, magic and a whole lot of crazy. Come join in the fun.
Web site: http://www.AdeleAbbott.com