Start by marking “Bittersweet Moments (Steele Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bittersweet Moments (Steele Family, #3)

Bittersweet Moments

(Steele Family #3)

Not all true love has that fairytale magic. Happily ever after can be bittersweet.

Brax:
I swear I was staring at a ghost. Raya Stratton died five years ago. But one shared look was all it took to open a vault of secrets. With lies and greed unraveling together, we learn that a single mistake could cost both of us more than we are willing to lose.

Raya:
The only way
Paperback
Published September 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Bittersweet Moments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bittersweet Moments

Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
As someone who has read at least Emily Bowie's last six books I can say that this is her best recent work to date. Brax is a manly-man and he's been screwed in the past. However, he's been in love with Raya for years now and everything goes up in flames one night. Now all he does is work and try extremely hard to make money, to increase what his father has handed down to him. Raya is a woman hiding away with some pretty big secrets... secrets so large they're hard to keep hidden. Until one night ...more
Debbie DiFiore
Oct 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Disjointed and hard to follow

I just didn't like the authors style. It seemed disconnected or something and I just couldn't get into it or the characters. The writing didn't flow. As for the two main characters they were okay but just not my taste. I didn't feel the romance. they were separated way too long and of course He had lots of sex and she had none and I hate that. He thought he was great because he never fooled around with the other women in his bed because it was sacred and only for
booksiflove
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the Steele family series, and it can be read as a stand-alone, but I strongly advise to read these books in order, just so you get to know and fall in love with the characters!

This is Brax’s story, and he doesn’t have it easy in life. Losing his first girlfriend due to a tragic incident, his now girlfriend Raya ends their relationship. A few days later she dies in a fire.

5 years later he thinks he sees her at a concert. Could it be true that she’s
Jessica
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Bittersweet moments
Emily Bowie

Reviews on goodreads. Amazon. BookBub. The book addicts.

Y’all !!
I devoured this book !! It would have been faster except we had a long drive and I get terribly car sick !! But anywho !! I could not put it down !!! Brax and Raya where absolutely fabulous!!!

I think the is my favorite couple in this series. I love this family but Brax just melted my heart. I felt all the emotions for him !!

It’s going to be hard for you to make me like anyone else... but ... that
Jennifer Copeland
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bittersweet Moments by Emily Bowie is a fantastic book and read! This is the 3rd book in her Steele Family Series. This is series is so fantastic and Emily Bowie has done a fantastic job writing this series. This is the 3rd book that I have read by this author and she didn’t disappoint me at all! I couldn’t put my kindle down until I finished reading this book!
Bittersweet Moments by Emily Bowie begins where the previous book left off. In this latest installment, Bittersweet Moments explore
Gwen Shafer
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Third in the series and this one got to me. This was an emotional ride. This one is about Brax and Raya. These two just cant be together. Her father wont allow it. His family is to different from hers. Raya learns something and decides to take matters into her own hands. But by doing this it changes life for both her and Brax. Years later they run into each other again and Raya tries to explain everything that has happened the last five years, why she did what she did. But will Brax understand a ...more
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Shards of my heart and soul escape into Brax, making sure I will never be complete without him, creating him as my other half."

I've been dying for this one!! Brax has been flitting around in my brain since this series started and I was not prepared for how heart tugging, impossibly heart breaking, and action packed this one was. The loss, the pain, the missed time that both of these characters endured filtered through the pages, but the love, the attraction, the deep desire overcame
Sara Oxton
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bittersweet Moments by Emily Bowie a five-star read that will leave you filled with great moments. This is number three in the Steele Family series and it can be read as stand-alone, but I would advise to read them all as they are amazing and do tell a phenomenal story. Brax Steele is a man with a past few would be able to live through, he has his own history, and many see him as cursed, but sometimes life is deeper than that, sometimes its more than that. Raya also has a history, and something ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! I've volunteered to review this book for United Indie Book Blog. I love reading Emily Bowie books. This is the third book in the Steele Family series. This is Brax and Raya. Brax is a manly-man and he's been screwed in the past. Raya is a woman hiding away with some pretty big secrets. This story has secrets, lies, loss, twists, emotion, and love, which all had me totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner. There's so much that i can say about this book but it will givea ...more
SCBookAddict
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Bittersweet Moments, we get Brax and Raya's story.
Brax is the middle son of the Steele family. It seems as though he's cursed. He had a crappy girlfriend in high school and was left in the dark by his own family members when their relationship is terminated.
Then he finds the love of his life, pulls out all of the stops for this woman, only to read in the paper that she died!
Raya sacrifices her love to escape her father's grip. Who knew one night of fun five years later would dest
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in this awesome series, and is Brax and Raya’s story. No spoilers, this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a well written fast paced story which is an emotional roller coaster journey throughout. This story has secrets, lies, loss, twists, emotion, and love, which all had me totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner. I highly recommend for all readers.
Karina Giblin
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So.... that title is very fitting for the story.
I adore Brax, he is so perfect for Raya.
Raya.... I wanted to hate her, I really did. But I couldn't.
Why? Well, you will have to read the story to find out!
A beautiful story of love, loss, heartache, bittersweet moments and second chances. Ms Bowie has written a wonderful book that kept me reading til the early hours of the morning.
Lauren Hutchinson
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just wow. I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't stop reading once I started and got so mad when I had to a few times. I was desperate to know what happened next. I loved the twists and turns throughout this story so much. The storyline was fantastic and very enjoyable. An absolute must read.
Charlotte Isaac
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put this down once started. It had everything wanted. It goes to show romance can't always be fairy tales.

I always wondered what happened to Raya and Brax after ending of moonlight moments. And I wasn't disappointed.

We also got to meet Rhett too.

I can't wait for more of this family.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I couldn't wait for this book and I'm so not disappointed. I loved this one, Brax and Raya were so good together and the little twist that happened shocked me, I totally didn't see it coming. Now I look forward to the next one.
Emily Bowie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I hope you love this book as much as I did writing it. Brax and Raya hold a special place in my heart. Straight from the start of book 1 I had an idea of where I wanted to to go with them. Thank you so much for reading!!
Suzanne
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
To say I was completely invested in this family since reading the first two books is an understatement. Especially when it came to Brax. That poor guy. I swear he could not win. Then you have Raya who he connected with but things crumble.The push and pull that these two have is heartbreaking but also beautiful. Their connection was so intense that you couldn’t help but get immersed into their love.
I have to say, the one thing that you do get with this series is epic twists and turns that l
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bittersweet Moments was a story that really pulled out my emotions, so I wavered between leaky eyes & rage at certain situations, and aren't those the best kinds of stories? It's the story of Brax Steele who has not only lost one significant other to tragedy, but then actually lost "the one" for him. Raya Stratton was his everything, until one day she choose to tell him it was over, and then a couple days later, died in a house fire. Five years later, he's at a concert when he thinks his eye ...more
Emlovesreading
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
So this is the third book in the Steele family series. And although each book is a stand-alone is recommend you read the first two books first.
So this is Brax’s story. So poor Brax is familiar with heartbreak having lost his first girlfriend in a tragic incident. But he finds love again with Raya. And he loves her deeply. Raya is also deeply in love with Brax but knows deep down that the two can’t be together. So despite not wanting too she ends things with him. And a few days later she is kill
Kelly
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an arc in exchange for an honest review. My rating is actually 3.5 stars. Raya and Brax were together until Raya went to talk to Brax about some news and she saw police officers in his driveway. Instead of talking to Brax about her pregnancy she decides the best way to protect her baby is to fake her own death. Fast forward 5 years later and she ends up running into Brax. Raya decides that Brax deserves to know he is a father and they end up reconnecting. There is a little bit of dram ...more
Kari Hansen
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Brax attends his brother’s concert he is shocked when one of the members in the audience bears a striking resemblance to Raya, the woman he loved and thought had passed away five years earlier. When he sees her again the connection and chemistry between them is stronger than ever but once the secrets of the past are revealed will he be able to forgive her?

Five years ago Raya made a decision to protect everyone involved. Now that they are back in each other’s lives will this be t
Chantelle Bouffanie
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
2OCC Reviews
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
Hum..... this is a great unknown child book. The hero wasn’t a big ol jerk like he could have been when it came to everything thing that went down with Raya. I really loved that aspect. There was great suspense that kept me hooked after I got over the funk at the beginning. It wasn’t the story, it was me. Once the story picked up I finished it in one sitting. It was that enchanting. I needed to know what was going to go down and how these characters pushed forward. I can’t wait to read the next ...more
Melissa
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This is Book #3 in the Steele Family series and it is my favorite book. It had everything I look for in a book- romance, heartache, twists and turns. I can not wait to read the next book on Rhett. Every time I have read a book in this series it is like coming home.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa
Crystal
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bittersweet Moments is the third Steele Family Book. It was fast paced, second chance, family, love story. The twists kept me guessing til the end. I liked Brax and Raya. They had good chemistry, and they really loved one another. I liked seeing past characters in this book too. One brother left, and I can't wait to see him fall.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bittersweet Moments is book three in the Steele Family Series. It can be read as a standalone. I read the first two and when starting this one I was debating whether to read this or not because I really wasn't feeling Brax and Raya. Brax is a sweet nice guy and I so wanted him to get his happen ever after. I was surprised how much I liked this one and can't wait to get Rhett's story.
diann bryan
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brax’s story! It’s a twisted one! Raya and Brax were in Love and once Raya found out she was pregnant, she did what she could to escape her Father’s house.

This HEA was not something that just happened, it was fought for.

Loved the characters! Fun quick read!
Spunky N Sassy
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Fantastic Book

This book is a must read. I was hooked from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down! Emily Bowie is awesome!
Emeline Kelly
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
TEAM NATE!
Sam
Oct 19, 2019
Emily Bowie is from a small town in Western Canada. She has been making characters come to life through her writing since she was old enough to put her thoughts on paper. She loves her white wine cold, her heels red, and her books spicy.

She married her high school sweetheart and they have two amazing children.

She is the author to the Castle Series: Allure of the O'Neal Sisters (Castle

Steele Family (4 books)
  • Stolen Moments (Steele Family, #1)
  • Moonlight Moments (Steele Family #2)
  • Whisky Moments (Steele Family, #4)