Start by marking “Bisecter” as Want to Read:
Bisecter

Bisecter

(Bisecter #1)

The strongest of them all. Eyes blacker than the darkness they all fantasize about, but have never seen. An abomination.

Hemera Harkibel has spent her life concealing abilities she doesn’t fully understand. She is hated and feared because of her black eyes and inhuman strength—mutations she bears from a near-death encounter with the grotesque creatures known as Halves.

When
ebook, 1
Published April 2nd 2019 by Stephanie Fazio

To ask other readers questions about Bisecter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bisecter

Start your review of Bisecter
S James
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great, and entertaining read. Character development was design in such a way that the dwellers seemed relatable. The world was painted in such a way the beauty as danger were intertwined, and begged to be real. The story resonated with other similar stories, I couldn’t get Mistborn series out of my headed while reading. Lastly, the payoff was satisfying leaving me wanting for more.
Alice Coleman
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me just say...WOW! This book is such a breath of fresh air. I love the genre, but honestly, I've been getting really sick of the cookie cutter plots and characters. This is NOT one of those books! All of the characters are complex and interesting, and the world is super cool without being overwhelmingly complex. Something else Fazio gets right...it's a real bugaboo of mine when series books feel incomplete because book 2 picks up right where the first one left off. I was surprised by some of ...more
Jamie K
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This audiobook was so. damn. good. Seriously! I've never listened to anything narrated by Whitney Dorr before (and I listen to a LOT of audio), but she was fantastic. The story itself is amazing, but it was just one of those books that was even better listening to. I got through the whole thing in less than a week (I have a long commute). I actually sat in my driveway for 20 min so I could finish the book...my heart was racing. Good stuff.
Mada Linx
DNF 48% No rating.

I did not feel it, I knew it from the beginning, but I kept going thinking that I’ll eventually start liking it.
The author has a lot of potential, the idea of the story is great, but for some reason I did not feel it.

I won’t continue with the series.
Mary-Jane Williams
this is my new favorite book! It reminds me of a Shadow and Bone kind of story...super cool story premise, great characters who change and pull you into their conflict, and a killer ending.
Julie Rozlyn
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hands down this is one of the most enthralling, captivating, and well written books I have read in a very long time. The author creativity, magically, and eloquently depicts the trials and tribulations of a character that we can all connect to. The story telling, plot development, and vivid depictions of the scenery made it so I could not put the book down. An absolute must read!
Frank Geimer
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After Listening, I really enjoyed this novel! The characters are well thought out and defined. The world building is really good and thorough. The narrator sets the tone and cadence of the story very well. I think that all ages will enjoy this audio novel as much as I did.
Carol
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bisecter has opened up a new literary world to me! I loved it! And for the first time appreciate stories/books of fantasy. This new author brilliantly captures the essence of each of the characters. The reader cannot help but be drawn into the twists and turns of the story partnering with the protagonist , Hermera, who has remarkable powers that she is able to use against incredible odds, for the common good. As the reader, I experienced the emotions of the characters as the adventures and chall ...more
Jaclyn
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was definitely a fan of this book! I appreciated that it was unique, and had a plot that didn't twist and turn in the same old way. I enjoyed the characters and their unique development. The world was exciting and kept me very engaged, but also wasn't so overdone that it felt unbelievable. The book was very well written, and I appreciated the complexity. I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
Mystee Pulcine
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the plot of this book and how characters became deeper over time, just as they would when you meet someone new in real life. I liked how the story unfolded, and I am excited to read the next book. I was especially intrigued by the sun never setting and the worship of the dark that this brought about. I smiled towards the end when the main character begins to consider that darkness could be a problem of its own.... perhaps balance is the true goal. We'll see how that unfolds. :)
Georgia Tumbleweed McNabb
Good story very unusual which now a days is rare. This is a story of a young woman who is has different eyes from the balance of the Human race and so is Disliked and everyone treats with hatred and distrust. The only reason she is aloud to exist is her father is the leader of the group she lives with. The Narrator did a good job on this audible book. My only problem was with Author Direct recording which kept cutting out many dozens of times throughout the story (Extremely Frustrating).
Jody
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worthy read

There are many books out there...most need only a sample to convince you to move on.
This isn’t one of those.
Characters, plots, and background are well balanced and developed.
Dan Velin
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good story.

I enjoyed reading this book, eager to get back to it when i had to put it down. Characters became as friends and had me actually caring about them. I recommend this book to all readers. Thank you Ms. Fazio. Going to download the next one.Cheers
Kimberly
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed listening to this story about embracing ones differences and over coming what one thinks are their shortcomings. Looking forward to more from this author.
Janina s. Asselin
Rip Roaring fun

Good book, lots of interesting characters and creatures. Easy to follow only took me a few hours to read. Would recommend
Mystee Pulcine
Jul 06, 2019
Joan Roy
Jan 11, 2020
Hmr28
rated it did not like it
Jun 17, 2019

• The Avant Champion: Rising (The Avant Champion, #1)
  • Longbourn: Dragon Entail: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Jane Austen's Dragons Book 2)
  • The Silent Daughter
  • Seas of Crimson Silk (Burning Empire, #1)
  • Tell Me to Stop
  • Kissing Magic (Portals to Whyland #2)
  • Dragon Assassin 1: Twin Fury
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • Hide Away (Rachel Marin Thriller #1)
  • Witch Slapped (Witchless In Seattle, #1)
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • Frankie B - The Ghost Ship: A Fun Cozy Paranormal Mystery (Marina Witches Mysteries Book 1)
  • Is Murder By Candlestick Still A Thing? (Diva Delaney Mysteries Book 1)
  • Unchained (Rex Dalton #3)
  • Highgate (This Haunted World #3)
  • Devil's Plea Bargain (David Brunelle Legal Thriller #11)
  • The Unblessed Dead (The Hidden Necromancer, #1)
  • Charm School (The Witches Three Cozy Mysteries, #1)
Stephanie Fazio is a fantasy author. She grew up in Syracuse, New York, and prior to writing full time, she worked in the fields of journalism, secondary education, and higher education. She has an undergraduate degree in English from Colgate University and a Master’s degree in Reading, Writing, and Literacy from the University of Pennsylvania.

Stephanie lives in Austin with her husband and crazy r

Bisecter (4 books)
  • Halve Human
  • Dusker Dark (Bisecter #3)
  • Captain Harkibel (Bisecter #4)