Start by marking “Swinging Sanity” as Want to Read:
Swinging Sanity

Swinging Sanity

When the author was struggling with loss, illness, oppression and a perpetual cycle of anxiety attacks and phases of depression, she spent day and night stabbing keys.

And out poured poetry.

When the abyss spitted her out she strung together those mutilated verses and compiled this book for the world to read what it feels like when you are swinging between sanity and insani
Published March 12th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Swinging Sanity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swinging Sanity

Start your review of Swinging Sanity
Victoria Ray
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mesmerizing, unforgettable, an open heart in your hand (or kindle). The author holds back nothing... This is one to reread and keep on the desk. My own fav's are: "Stuck", "Ocean and I become One", "Lost to fate" and many more.
Note: thought-provoking and vivid descriptions!
Overall: Wonderful read!
J.C
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As far as debuts go, this is up there with the greats for me. I am a poetry fanatic, and very sensitive about its conjuncture. This wonderfully cathartic, yet tragic piece of work filled the gaps of my broken heart, as she waxed about pain, love, life, and the pursuit of elusive joy.

The work is divided into five parts, each a protective canopy over its subject matter. Beginning with “Screaming Numbness” we are treated to exquisitely painful lyrics about suffering and mental illness.

We press on i
Charlotte
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Think of this book as short stories but in sections of poems - specifically five. Each one begins with an illustration by the author and a quote. These illustrations and quotes give the reader a mental picture of what the poems will dive into for these sections.

I like to think of each section (which has a collection of poems) as a short story since they convey a similar raw emotion with each poem. It is as though you are traveling through different emotional journeys with the author.
The poetry i
Dorinda Duclos
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To say this book of poetry is a must read would be putting it lightly. N.F. Mirza takes you on a journey through the ups and downs of life, mainly her life. She has included artwork that she herself has drawn, which gives the book a nice touch.

"Swinging Sanity" is broken up into five separate sections, each one taking you through that particular phase of her life, survival between sanity and it's other half. My favorite poem (I warn you, it will be hard to choose), is "Just Like a Drop of Water.
Lee Hall
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A brave expression of feeling through poetry that is both thought provoking and inspiring…

To convey deep personal thoughts and feelings through poetry and then release it into the world is an incredibly brave thing to do. That’s exactly what this collection is. It starts with a poignant and deep quote from Edgar Allen Poe about the subject of insanity which immediately sets the tone of embracing anything but the ordinary with pride. Throughout readers will be treated to meaningful and quite ins
Ashley Peterson
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Swinging Sanity is the first book of poetry by N.F. Mirza.

The book is organized according to five themes, beginning with screaming numbness and ending with random reflections. Each section begins with an illustration depicting different facets of the author along with a relevant quote.

The poems vary in length, ranging from a few lines to just over two pages. Each one is raw and rich with emotion. She combines words in creative and often unexpected ways. Some of my favourite lines were:

“Purity is
Jason Holliday
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awesome poetry and artwork and a well organized book structure.

Loved the poetry and I felt all were very real and authentic. I felt I deeply understood most of them with my own interpretation of course. I felt each poem was full of art and beauty even while at the same time some of them with the incredible power of their meaning may have been full of raw unfiltered and unbearable pain. I would highly recommend this book to those who love good poetry. I hope to see more work from this great autho
River Dixon
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and deep collection of poetry. The included artwork really enhances the reading experience.
Suzette Benjamin
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mirza, N. F.. Swinging Sanity is a stimulating and sensitive movement through the trials of life in the breath of living poetry.

I am happy to give this work five stars. Here is why.

The author takes the willing reader on a journey into the dark places of the night where the soul looks for light...and finds it in courage, wisdom and personal strength. The mental strength and fortitude to survive to the next day pervades this engaging poetry.

The imagery of .steel vases holding delicate syllables f
Sathepine Marco
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pain and darkness beautifully expressed.

From the title to the art to the words themselves, the book is an excellent package. The poetry captures the darkness of pain and madness beautifully. My favorites are: "Clash of Extremes", "Insomniac", and "A Million Dead Stars".
Shelley Krupa
Apr 01, 2019
Susan
Mar 11, 2019
N.F. Mirza
Mar 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jason Hoffman

• The Girl Who Loved Cayo Bradley
  • Cells
  • A Dish Best Served Cold: An 'Archer' Novel
  • The Hard Goodbye
  • Nocturnal Farm (Nocturnal #2)
  • The Order of Time
  • The Grand Design
  • El Paraíso en la otra esquina
  • Jerkwater
  • Chernobyl: The History of a Nuclear Catastrophe
  • The Devourers
  • Queens of the Kingdom: The Women of Saudi Arabia Speak
  • Blood and Water
  • The Girl In Between (The Girl in Between, #1)
  • Natural Causes: An Epidemic of Wellness, the Certainty of Dying, and Killing Ourselves to Live Longer

News & Interviews