Start by marking “Kingdom of Sand and Wishes” as Want to Read:
Kingdom of Sand and Wishes

Kingdom of Sand and Wishes

Aladdin, but not as you remember it….

On the dusty streets, around the bustling bazaars, being overlooked by a Sultan’s Palace was a land. A land of magic, secrets and treasures buried deep beneath the desert.

Through Arabian nights, dark forces are at work. Dark forces that can threaten the peace of everyone in the Kingdom. Watch our authors as they answer the question,
Published May 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom of Sand and Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom of Sand and Wishes

Start your review of Kingdom of Sand and Wishes
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a review of Worthless (story 5) by Holly Hook.

The story started a bit slow and I didn't know if I would like it but after a couple chapters I was so glad I read on. I loved Alani's story. Another great read by Holly Hook.
Emily
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review is for “The Sphere of Infinity” by Day Leitao. I really enjoyed this retelling of Aladdin. Alana is a thief, barely scraping a living on her planet Samitri. She’s tiny, so she can take jobs that no one else can. While escaping from a job after an alarm gave her away, she meets Jasper, a kind and handsome boy who helps her escape. Then she takes on a job to find a mysterious golden sphere on a dead ship orbiting near her planet. This goes terribly wrong and she ends up fighting for he ...more
Michele Rosa
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is review of The Sphere of Infinity by Day Leitao
What a great book! I couldn't put it down until I finished it.
It's a sci-fi story with adventure, intrigue, romance and a bit of fairy tale in it, since it's a retelling of Alladin. A great retelling, might I add.
You should grab a copy and see for yourself!

Brandi
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the variety and selection of tales in this anthology. I would definitely recommend Kingdom of Sand and Wishes to fans of Aladdin (fairy tales and fantasy, in general) as there is something in here for everyone. I also love anthologies because they are great ways to discover new authors.
Pat Eroh
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The sphere of infinity was an awesome retelling of Aladdin, with a lot of twists and changes and a totally different world. I highly recommend this.

Brandi Jones
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review in particular focuses on The Djinn Curse by Margo Ryerkerk. I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review :)

The Djinn Curse is an Aladdin retelling. Now, I've mentioned before that I'm not the biggest fan of fairy tales in general, so it was a little hard for me to get into the story here. Nevertheless, Margo Ryerkerk always finds a way to pull me in with her gift for storytelling!

The book begins with Nadir, a prince and the future sultan of Istanbul, and his friend Alla discuss
Adena
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a review of "Worthless" by Holly Hook, from the Kingdom of Sand and Wishes anthology.

What if Aladdin was a girl? In this reverse fairy tale, we get to find out! It's not the first time Holly Hook has taken a fairy tale and turned it on its head... or side... but it's an exciting take on a familiar tale. Most of the plot stays true to form, but with opposite gendered characters. Truly, it is the characters that make this book so marvelous - the heroes are lovable and the villains are easy
Denise
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
I have only read one story in this book. The Djinn Curse by Margo Ryerkerk. This review is for that story.

Enjoyable story of a girl who is forced to be a Djinn and assist a powerful Djinn in extracting his revenge over the Queen and Prince of the Ottoman Empire. Roxelena is brought to the capital city off Istanbul to play the part of the "Trojan Horse." She alone can get through the wards that keep the Djinn out of the city and destroy them from the inside. Falling in love with Prince Nadir was
Marita
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a review of Sultana of Amethyst Sands, part of Kingdom of Sand and Wishes. I received an ARC. The review and rating reflect my true opinion of the story.

The main character of this story is not Aladdin but Aladdah, a girl from the poorer part of town. When her master the magician Acanthus Lets her down into a cave to get a lamp she acquires the genie Bahira. For Aladdah the genie offers her a possibility to get a better life for herself and her mother.

Then she meets the prince. Suddenly h
Shari Davis
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a retelling of the famous fairy tale Aladdin told by Maria Vermisoglou
Warning 18+
In this story "For the Love of the Lamp: A Thief's Tale" Maria Vermisoglou introduces us to the hero Tristan who met his aunt in his hometown
She told him many amazing tales about her adventures and she tricked him into helping her retrieve a treasure that holds ultimate incredible power in it
His aunt left him alone when he refused to hand her the treasure before she helped him out of the abandoned house that
Diane
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free book and the opinions and views are my own. You get nine books in this set. Book one Wish catches your attention and if the rest of the books are like this one you will want to read on. I finished all nine, Wishes has a real big twist in it that you don’t find out until the end. J.A. Armitage outdid herself with this story, truly enjoyed it. Out of the nine books only one disappointed and that was the Slave Princess, to many errors in it making it hard to read.
All the other bo
Nadine
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
J.A. Armitage and Emma Savant - GREAT STORIES!

My review is for The First Wish by J.A. Armitage and Sultana of Amethyst Sands by Emma Savant.

The First Wish - This box set is well worth your money for this story alone. It was amazing! Original, exciting, and enjoyable. I loved this story from start to finish!

Sultana of Amethyst Sands - A full-length novel. The quality of the writing was very high. A page-turner! I loved Bahira, loved! An exhilarating and surprising story!

I know they’re all rete
L.J. Bus
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve only read Worthless by Holly Hook, the 5th story in this bundle. So my review is for that book.
I’m not normally a huge fan of retellings but since I am a fan of Holly’s work, curiousity got the better of me and I read this book.
At the beginning I was thinking that it’s just not my cup of tea, couldn’t ‘dive’ into the story like with her other books. But again, I was too curious so I kept reading. And sure enough, I started getting into the story, right at the moment when it became obvious t
Amanda Forry-Fino
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT... For the Love of the Lamp by Maria Vermisoglo, apart of Kingdom of Sand and Wishes: A limited edition of Aladdin retellings. Just had come out today!

This was a delight and entertaining read, I've found myself loving the story, and the flow of it. All the main characters had golden hearts. I love how it was a 2019 Aladdin, and just in time for the new Disney ALADDIN move. I would very highly recommend it to all of my friends and family. :)

Fantastical Job Marie!!!

~Author Am
Claire
Review for just the first book by J.A. Armitage.

What I liked:
-I like her writing style and how it hooks you. It's easy to read and get caught up in the story.
-creative adaptation of Aladdin
-Jini is pretty likable and I liked Jaya too

What I didn't like:
-INSTALOVE. It never looks good when the main character is lusting after the villain.
-Needed another round of editing
-The ending was really abrupt and the final love story kinda came out of nowhere. Needed another chapter to be wrapped up.
Mandy Parmenter
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Djinn Curse by Margo Ryerkerk - 4*

Roxelana was forced to become a Djinn 100 years ago and has been waiting for her shot at freedom. However to do that she needs to sacrifice the sultan prince to the djinn king however she hesitates after observing the care that he takes with his people. Who will she choose - herself or him?

Nice story with a great reason for her torment over the decision. Well written and very pleasant to read.
Michelle
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great fun!

I’m a huge Aladdin fan. I’ve seen the cartoon movie countless times. So I was happy to receive a copy of Worthless by Holly Hook to read and review. A thoroughly enjoyable read from start to finish. I enjoyed the twist of Aladdin as Alani very much. Looking forward to reading some of the other stories because really there can never be too much Aladdin!
I received an ARC copy for free from the author. I voluntarily review this book. This is my honest review.
Crystal
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Sphere of Infinity by Day Leitao - An Aladdin retelling, Alana is a thief just trying to survive and help her mom. She gets a job offer that could set them up for life, if only things go as planned. Jasper is on Samitri partly because his mom wants him to toughen up. Things for him don't go like she plans. I really enjoyed this and think Alana and Jasper were cute. I would love to see where things head for them in the future as well.
M
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really loved The Djinn curse by Ryerkerk. it was a nice refreshing take on the Aladin's story. I love how we get to see both sides of the two protagonists. I usually do not prefer the change of perspective when it comes to reading books. It either has to be a 3rd person narrative or a constant 1st person narrative but I really liked how well written this was and especially liked how the two characters told the same story yet flawlessly.
Carol
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of young love between Tristán and Nori. This story, part of the Kingdom of Sand and Wishes: A limited edition of Aladdin retellings, is full of excitement and a great , clean story. It was a joy to read, and I look forward to reading more books of Ms. Vermisoglou.

Sheila Gabler
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a review for The Djinn Curse by Margo Ryerkerk. This was an entertaining story that had well rounded characters that you came to care about and admire. I enjoyed Roxelana's journey and all she went through to break her curse. Watching Nadir grow up and accept his responsibilities was encouraging and lovely to read.
Kira Assad
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review is for Worthless by Holly Hook. I loved the twists and turns in this story. The characters were fabulous, and the story itself drew me in from the very first page. I have to say this is one of my favorite takes on the Aladdin story and one of my favorite fairytale retellings in general. I am very excited to dive into more of the stories in this boxset!
Michele Evans
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great retelling of old tales!!

I did not read all the books in the series yet but want to review the one I did.
The Djinn Curse
This was a great story about a former princess, captured and imprisoned for 100 years as a djinn in a lamp. When she is finally let out, it is to grant wishes to someone who has Nefarious plans for Istanbul. Good story with a happy ending.
Kimberly
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
My review is for The Djinn Curse by Margo Ryerkerk.

I really enjoyed this story! The characters were great and there wasn't a boring scene at all in this story line! If you like Aladdin then you definitely need to read this book!
Tina
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a charming retelling of Aladdin. Very creative and different. I will definitely read more from Maria Vermisoglou.

Rosalind Bath
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story very much. Roxelana has been cursed to the lamp for 100 years and finally gets her shot at freedom. This is a lovely take on the Aladdin type story. Good v's evil. Will love save the day?! Well written and a real page turner.
Lucinda
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great collection of books! All very well done and original. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to others.

Barbara
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Sphere of Infinity by Day Leitao
"Surrender, trust, relax." This is a lovely PG13 tale to pass an afternoon or evening but does have elements that make it PG13 rather than family-friendly.

Heather Bane
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading For the Love of the Lamp: A Theif’s Tale, it’s a Great book. It’s well written with great characters. Love fairytale retellings especially Aladdin and the author did a great job!!!

Véronique Laplante Grenier
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review is for Worthless by Holly Hook.

I have really enjoyed reading this reverse version of the classic tale Aladin.

• Kissing Magic (Portals to Whyland #2)
  • Step into Magic (Portals to Whyland #1)
  • Dragons and Mages: A Limited Edition Anthology
  • Star Spark
  • The Shadows and the Children (Kingdom of Curses and Shadows, #0.5)
  • The Sphere of Infinity
  • Portals to Whyland : A Complete YA Portal Fantasy Series
  • Within Magic (Portals to Whyland #3)
  • The Cup and The Prince (Kingdom of Curses and Shadows #1)
  • The Spell Speakers (Portals to Whyland #0.5)
  • Efrén Divided
  • The Sorcery Trial (The Faerie Race #1)
  • The Doomsday Trial (The Faerie Race #3)
  • The Elemental Trial (The Faerie Race #2)
  • Cursed Academy: Year One (Cursed Academy #1)
  • Assassin Witch (The Bonegates, #2)
  • Dragon's Lore: Paladin Warriors (Dragon Guard, #39)
  • Extant: Beyond the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #5)
Born in Leeds, I lived a very normal life until I got bored one day and decided to travel the world. Since then I've worked on a Banana Plantation, cleaned ACDC's dressing room and been a professional clown.
I climbed to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and the top of Kilimanjaro. Nowadays you'll find me being a climbing frame for my two young children, working in a school, and renovating my home.
Did