Start by marking “Major Wyclyff's Campaign (A Lady's Lessons, Book 2): Regency Romance” as Want to Read:
Major Wyclyff's Campaign (A Lady's Lessons, Book 2): Regency Romance

Major Wyclyff's Campaign (A Lady's Lessons, Book 2): Regency Romance

(A Lady's Lessons #2)

"...splendid...witty...complete with eccentric characters and highly amusing antics." ~RT Book Reviews

Lady Sophia has seen enough death and loss in the military hospital to last her a lifetime. So, when the wildly handsome Major Anthony Wycylff, whom she's been caring for these past months, is given no hope of survival, she grants him his fondest wish—her promise to marry.
Published November 1st 2012 by ePublishing Works! (first published October 1st 2001)

Be the first to ask a question about Major Wyclyff's Campaign (A Lady's Lessons, Book 2)

Start your review of Major Wyclyff's Campaign (A Lady's Lessons, Book 2): Regency Romance
SheLove2Read
Jun 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Lady Sophia visits wounded soldiers in hospital instead of going to boring, insipid balls put on by the Ton. During her visits, she meets Major Anthony Wyclyff and forms a friendship. However, soon he takes a turn for the worse and while she's nursing him, he asks her to marry him. Thinking he will not recover, and to please a dying man whom she's grown fond of, she agrees. A few days later, she is told the Major has succumbed to his injuries.

Several months later, Lady Sophia has given away her
Miki
Jul 23, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book at a library sale for fifty cents. I was robbed.

Sophie is a member of high society, nursing wounded soldiers. Major Wyclyff is the latest and she promises to marry him, but only to give him hope while he is dying, she doesn't really mean it. Devastated when she learns of his death she removes herself from the ton to the country. There, she conducts a ritual to rid herself of her useless past by burning her bras...well, actually burying her whalebone corsets (which just happen
Sieravonne
Honestly, I don't know how to rate this book; I'm torn between 2 stars and 3 stars. Hence, I settled for 2.5 stars.

I don't find it dragging nor boring nor annoying, it just didn't catch my attention too much---for a 8 to 9 hours read, it took me 6 days to finish it. Normally, for that length, if I find a it interesting, I could finish it in 2 to 3 days when I don't have anything else to do.

There were a lot of things that didn't up.
- How can a sickly, thin and bony, dying man be virile, muscular
Brenda
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Fair read

I consider this book to be a fair read simply because I kept losing interest. It just seemed to me that it was taking too long for the characters to come up to scratch and realize what they meant to each other. Hoping the next one in this series doesn't take as long for me to read.
Melba Hard
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Different and amusing.

I have mixed feelings about this book. It appeared to drag but I still wanted to finish the book to find out how it ended. Sophia was determined to be a spinster although in actuality she found it boring. Major Wycliffe wanted Sophia for his wife but couldn't find a way to persuade her to agree. There are some very amusing events in this book and some very eccentric characters.
Michele Pumphrey
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good book to read

Jade Lee is definitely a talented writer. I enjoy her books immensely. This book was no exception. It was full of humor and the plotline was entertaining. Definitely recommend this book.
Sheila
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sophia stubborn

Hard headed and soft hearted she did some of the most erratic things and still somehow managed to stay alive and end up in the arms of her hero.
Sharyn
May 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at chaper 3. This story sounded so promising in the synopsis, but the writing failed to grab my attention, and the heroine was dreadful.
Cecilia Rodriguez
A Regency Era romance that uses the Florence Nightingale trope.
Lesley
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable and amusing story. Sophia was definitely a free spirit and it was delightful to see the Major change from being an arrogant know-it-all, to a confused but adoring suitor. Only the grammatical errors stopped it from getting 5 stars from me. This is an honest review of this novel which I received for free from eBook Discovery. I was not compensated for my review, and I was not required to write a positive review. The opinion expressed here is my own.
Tammy
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun and sweet fast paced historical read. Lady Sophia has been caring for Major Wyclyff for the past few months at the military hospital and as his condition grows were he ask her to marry him. Of course she says yes and his shocked when she discovers that he is alive. I liked the characters as well as the story although Lady Sophia could be a bit too stubborn on occasion. Enjoyable historical read.
Lilmissmolly
Major Wyclyff's Campaign by Jade Lee is an old fashioned historical romance that just received an awesome audio upgrade. Originally released in 2001 the story centers around Lady Sophia who used to spend her spare time tending to wounded soldiers in the hospital until her favorite patient dies. This particular soldier was Major Anthony Wyclyff who Sophia would spend hours talking with about her fears, dreams, and frustration with the aristocracy. On his deathbed he asked her to marry him and she ...more
Surina Wills
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This historical fiction sees Lady Sophia trying to find her own way in the world after 5 years of the Marriage Mart, fending off shallow, boring men. She spends time at the hospital, speaking with wounded military men as they recover, or not, from their wounds. One in particular, Anthony, speaks to her at another level and she shares her deepest thoughts and she agrees to marry him thinking he is about to succumb to his wounds.

On hearing that he is dead, she gives her dowry to her brother,
Lee
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book to read. Sophia is a willful, independent woman determined to break free of London society. She doesn't want to be tied down to any man. So when she is visiting in the hospital and the handsome Major Wyclyff, who's dying from his injuries, asks her to marry him, she says yes out of sympathy. After all, it's the least she could do, to make a dying man happy. When she's told he died, she's sad, but moves from London, determined to be free. When the Major shows up a month later, ...more
Ajb
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Major Andrew Wyclyff is in a hospital, near death from a lost leg, when he first meets Lady Sophia. As she faithfully visits him, he thinks of her as his guardian angel. When she is informed of his death, she is stunned and loses interest in the London endless round of socials. She moves to her aunts home in the country, determined to be a spinster.
At this point, the story becomes totally unpredictable, and very delightful. The Major recovers, and eventually tracks Lady Sophia to her aunts
Elaine Mitrovich
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very enjoyable romantic tale. Major Anthony Wyclyff and Lady Sophia have a very unusual romance and both of them learn a lot about themselves and each other. Lady Sophia meets Major Anthony Wyclyff when she is visiting wounded soldiers in the hospital. Something draws her back to him every day and he falls in love with her. Then he develops fever and is almost on his death bed when he asks her to marry him. She agrees because she thinks he will not survive. She doesn't go back because ...more
Nicole Normand
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy from eBookDiscovery. This is my honest review. 4 stars.
I took one star for the editing, which would profit by having another pass. Also because there is no explanation why Lady Sophia was told MW died... For me, it would have helped understand a few things. This was such a fun book! It was witty and droll. Major Wyclyff knows what he wants and goes for it - whatever the price is. He did embarrass himself a few times but it was all worth it. He's a man of his word and a
Mary Gallo
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Couldn't finish, too painful

This story....I wanted to like it. I really did. But it is written as if the hero hates, and I mean hates this man and is being forced to marry him is prison. If that is the case, give us a break, find her a girlfriend and put this story in the sapphic section. Don't keep dragging on about he wants to marry her, but not because he loves her. But, and this is stupid, because he knows she wants to marry him. The way the story is going is so bad. But other things are
Eva Wade
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book with good bones. i like the concept of a woman nursing a man back to health and said man is on his death bed or so she thinks so when he asks her to marry him of course she says yes cuz she feels he's going to die. But what happens when he shows up with marriage certificate. WIll she say yes or will she fight him every step of the way. there's alot of unanswered ?s but i'm sure with this being the 2nd in a series there's more to come. This can be a standalone its just ...more
Shelagh
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free from e-book discovery. This is my honest review.
I really enjoyed Major Wyclyff's Campaign, which sees decorated British army major Anthony Wyclyff placing himself in some pretty awkward positions in his quest to convince committed spinster Lady Sophia to marry him. This story is witty throughout, hilarious in places and oh so readable. I loved both Sophia and Anthony and I loved the unpredictability of their actions. This story really sparkled.
Toyenlon
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a thoroughly enjoyable read, i liked it. Sophia gave a promise to marry major Wycliffe on his death bed, not thinking he'll survive. But surprisingly, he did and he has come back to claim his "promise"/"fiancee". But the path to that has so many ups and downs for him. "I got a copy of this book from ebook discovery in exchange for an honest review".
Eunice Robertson
Sophia, a young debutante, visits injured soldiers in hospital. On one of her visits she comes across Anthony, Major Wyclyff. They strike up a friendship, never dreaming that it will become a much deeper relationship. Really enjoyed this story. (This ebook was given to me by eBook Discovery, but I reviewed it voluntarily.)
Virginia
Really just ok. I started it because I am looking for a book I read long ago about a Major? Captain? who is in need of a fortune but the heroine falls in love with him because though poor he is a good man. This wasn't it but it was good enough to read to the end. Just not real exciting. Nice premise though.
Kety
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for an honest review.
I love this book as other by Jade Lee, with strong and witty characters and a lot of twist and surprise.
This story will kept you entertainment until the last page.
Spazfungus
fun read, bad cover,
Maya
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperback
I can't believe this doesn't have any reviews yet! It's unusual and delightful - my introduction to Jade Lee, an author I seek out now.
Joan
Jun 16, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
another airplane book
Kathryn
I liked this but I was disappointed that it wasn't clean. :(
Izzie d
This had a great premise but I found it a bit silly.

• The Lonely Lord
  • Married to the Rake (The Wallflower Brides Book 1)
  • And the Widow Wore Scarlet (Scandalous Sons Book 1)
  • The Look of Love (Book of Love, #1)
  • One Night of Surrender (Wicked Dukes Club #2)
  • Marquess of Mayhem (Sins & Scoundrels #3)
  • At Last the Rogue Returns (Avenging Lords, #1)
  • Lady At Last (Lord Love a Lady Book 4)
  • To Follow Her Heart (Girls Who Dare Book 4)
  • Between the Devil and the Duke (The Duke's Secret Book 4)
  • The Mark of a Rogue (Scandalous Sons Book 2)
  • Borrowed Dreams (Scottish Dreams, #1)
  • The Ungrateful Governess
  • Charity and the Devil (Rogues & Gentlemen #11)
  • The Dashing Widow (Regency Romps, #1)
  • To Dare a Duke (Girls Who Dare, #1)
  • The Vulgar Heart (The Unmarriageable, #3)
  • Wicked in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 1)
Librarian Note: Also writes under the pen name Kathy Lyons.

A USA Today Bestseller, JADE LEE has been scripting love stories since she first picked up a set of paper dolls. Ball gowns and rakish lords caught her attention early (thank you Georgette Heyer), and her fascination with the Regency began. An author of more than 40 romance novels and winner of dozens of industry awards, her latest series

A Lady's Lessons (3 books)
  • Rules for a Lady