Start by marking “Red Genesis (Red Genesis #1)” as Want to Read:
Red Genesis (Red Genesis #1)

Red Genesis

(Red Genesis Series)

ALA YALSA Award-winning Author Kailin Gow's newest Science Fiction Post-Apocalypse Thriller.

If you liked Bird Box and The Quiet Place, you will enjoy RED GENESIS.

Evie was born on a new Earth that had no oxygen. When she was only 13 years old, her mother had to step outside of their underground shelter for an errand. She had been missing ever since. But with her mother's
Published April 30th 2019 by Sparklesoup.com

To ask other readers questions about Red Genesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Genesis

Start your review of Red Genesis (Red Genesis #1)
Katie Watt
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
❤❤❤❤

This was very interesting!!! Makes u think about how life would be if this happened to us!! I cant wait to read the next and see what happens
A. Simmons
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Red Genesis has all the elements of an excellent science fiction thriller. I was expecting a traditional structure, but Kailin Gow hit it out of the ball park with an unique narrative told from the view of girl who has never been out of the Shelter. There were so many twists which ended up in some major turns. No spoilers here. I was not expecting the ending. Can't wait to read the next books.
A. Simmons
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CR
May 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
I was so excited to get a copy of this title when it came out. But sadly that excitement was short lived. This book suffers from the same thing a lot of indie and self pub books suffer from....bad editing. The book starts out with weird word choices and bad formatting. And it just doesn't get any better. It reminded me of an episode of Fallout Shelter to start with. With a girl being left alone in some kind of vault her mother leaves her there and now she's all alone. So this 13 year old who was ...more
TJ Creque
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
TJ Blog's
Published by TJ Creque 10 mins
Red Genesis: By Kailin Gow
I really did enjoy Red Genesis by Kailin Gow. It does take a minute to get into the book; but once you are in, you are all in because you don't want to miss the happenings that are going on in the story pages. Evie a young child growing up on Mars and has been told that the monsters have taken over and that her father was killed by them several years ago. The technology that is brought from the old country and left on Mars is
Pegboard
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Red Genesis by Kailin Gow entertains her readers with the concept of being the only survivor on a second earth and the care Evie must make to preserve and protect the last of the knowledge that lead them to this desolate place. This earth once green and plush is now barren with no oxygen left and now she must surface to fix her water supply. Will she be able to find the supplies she needs, fix her water pipes, and avoid the monsters her parents couldn't even evade?

Kailin Gow keeps her novel
Shanell Meek
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kind of confusing in some parts but still not a bad read!

Im kind of torn on this book. I like the storyline but I was also somewhat confused by the references to monsters but not really having a physical description of the monsters. As the story goes on I realized it was more internal monsters than actual physical beings. Maybe others will catch on to that quicker than me. Its an interesting story, Im sure the younger generation will enjoy the new world the author has created. Even though the
Cheryl Blackburn
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good start

This is a story of Evie on New Earth, an eighteen year old who is all alone after her mom sets out years earlier to find more supplies and doesn't return. This is story of her survival along the way. I enjoyed the story. Please note that this is a cliffhanger.
Alexis Mills *from the heart of a bibliophile lair*
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alexis by: a friend did
good book. took me a bit to read this but its not a bad book. Im not sure if i will reread it or not but its a four star book
Clara Stone
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really Enjoyed reading this book! I've always enjoyed reading a book with a bit of action and fast pace and this is no different! can't wait to read book 2!
Priya Kanaparti
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read!

Loved reading this sci/fi! The world Kailin is building is unique. I cant wait to see what book 2 will bring Evie, Will, & Mary
Tammy
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ive been sitting on this review for a couple of days now. I cannot even describe my thoughts, other than WOW. This book is like none of the books I normally read. I took a chance. You should too. ...more
Kailin
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi Everyone!

I know I am the author commenting on my own book, Red Genesis, here, but just wanted to let you know that Red Genesis is an allegory of "Genesis", which is a biblical reference.

This book may be considered Christian Fantasy and Science Fiction like The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, and even Wrinkle in Time.

It is also very positive, inspirational, and about hope.

I wrote this story because of the sadness and depression some of my friends and acquaintances
Jessica
May 01, 2019
Rikard Taljaard
May 25, 2019
J.C. Jackson
Aug 21, 2019
Kailin
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
D
Tracey
David
Rhiannon
Mar 11, 2019

• Holding Out For Paris (Holding Out #1)
  • First Comes Love: A standalone Summer Fling Contemporary Romance Novella (Lovelly Series)
  • Abandoned by Love (Shattered Hearts Duet, #1)
  • The Enchanted Crossroads
  • Playing with Her Doctors (Playing with Them #1)
  • Game On (Game On #1)
  • Ain't Nothin But The Devil (The Atwood Legacy, #1)
  • Depravity (King University, #1)
  • Mr. Hotshot: A Bully Romance (The Bully Who Loved Me Series 1)
  • Power Play (BTU Alumni, #1)
  • FANGIRL
  • Rage (Her Monsters #1)
  • Nightmare Along the River Nile (Ebook)
  • The Scopas Factor
  • Blood Upon the Sands (An Evan Davis Tale Book 2)
  • Kill Code
  • Dreadmarrow Thief (The Conjurer Fellstone, #1)
  • Nothing but a Ripple
Kailin Gow is an American screenwriter, director, producer, speaker, and traditionally-published and indie author of hundreds of books. She has been a host on world-class stages, an invited speaker for BEA (Book Expo America) to talk about publishing, a member of TED Talk, and regular radio/TV guest for major stations. Over 10 Million copies of her books have been downloaded around the world.

She

Red Genesis Series (2 books)
  • Earthling (Red Genesis #2)