Start by marking “The Last Dupont (A Crimson Falls Novella)” as Want to Read:
The Last Dupont (A Crimson Falls Novella)

The Last Dupont

(Crimson Falls Novella)

Ella Dupont learned the cruel truth about death at a young age. By the time she was five, her daddy had been murdered and her older sister died mysteriously. After deeming the town cursed, Ella's momma whisked her away to start a new life, far from Crimson Falls.
Twenty years later, Ella gets a phone call, discovering she is the last living relative to the Dupont name, appo
Published April 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Last Dupont, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Dupont

Meleaha Howard
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Suspense, secrets, family fueds, this book has it all! When Elle's grandmother passes away on Founder's Day, Elle is called home. What happens over the next year is certainly eye opening, but the ending certainly threw me for a loop!
Greta Cribbs
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book took a little while to draw me in. At first I just wasn't clicking with the main character, but then she arrived at her grandmother's house and weird stuff started happening. From that point on I didn't want to put the book down.

Okay, I'll confess that, being a horror movie buff who loves stories with a paranormal twist, I was secretly hoping that the strange occurances would turn out to be the grandmother's ghost. Alas, that is not the story this turned out to be, but it is a page-tu
Barbara Hynes
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC of this book. What a suspense/thriller. The secrets that are in this family were so unbelievable. I totally loved reading this book. It kept you on the edge the entire time. Especially when that fateful day comes up in Crimson Falls. I definitely was shocked with what happened at the end. A definite page turner and an awesome suspense/thriller. When you are left on the edge in a book not knowing what to expect it's awesome. Thank you Rachel. 5 star plus from me.
Melanie Maloney
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Renee’s Crimson Falls story is full of suspense and secrets all tied up in a twisty ended bow. I want more!
Mandie
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was full of mystery and intrigue. I loved how suspenseful it was!
Teri
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I have made it through almost all of this Crimson Falls series and I have to say they are amazing reads. This one is just as great a read. With twist and turns that you wont have the complete picture of until the final chapter, figure out the lies and betrayal if you can. Her mother took her away to keep her safe. But when her grandmother passes she dares to return. Trying to find answers to her endless list of questions isn't easy, and the final chapter will still your breath and leave you s ...more
Diana Lindoff
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Renee brings us a tale that will keep you on the edge your chair the entire time, especially when Founders Day comes to Crimson Falls.  The Last DuPont is a definite page turner and an awesome suspense/thriller.

Ella's grandmother died on October 13, a grandmother Ella doesn't remember.  Now she's back to settle her granny's estate - It should only take a couple of days.

Her mother always insisted the town was cursed, that's why they never returned or visited.  But Ella doesn't believe in c
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lawd have mercy, this story was something else! Ella Dupont suffered the curse of Crimson Falls at an early age, so her mother took her & ran, and they didn't look back. Twenty years later, she's called home because she's the last Dupont after her grandmother passed away, so she needs to settle her estate. Ella only thinks she's there temporarily, but somehow the town draws her in, and she finds herself staying. Man, the twists in this story had me dropping so many f-bombs it wasn't even fun ...more
Bridget Hickey
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book will keep you engaged from page one.There are secrets ,family fued,lots of suspense.Elle is left her grandma's house when she passed away.With no intention of moving there the small town ends up having appeal to her and she stays.She display overs secrets from her grandmother's diary the ending just blew me away
Annie McDonnell
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To say this story surprised me at the end is not giving it enough credit, because it came at me like a car going 0-60 mph! The shock stood with me all day! It was that incredible. I did not see it coming!
Ella is the Last DuPont and She goes back to Crimson Falls to close out her Grandmothers Estate only to learn certain things along the way about her family and herself. Does Crimson Falls have a Curse? You will have to read this book to find out and I have to say that if you miss this one you ar
Margaret Yelton
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was full of family secrets, a curse and was a extremely good read. I love suspense/thrillers and this short novella certainly didnt disappoint. I would certainly recommend it to others.
Serena Soape
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow - what can I say about this? It pulled me right in and not totally kept my attention, but threw a couple curveballs that I never expected!!!! 5 plus stars for this one!!!!
Sherry Sias
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Love this short, suspenseful novella. The author keeps you intrigued from the start. Couldnt put this down. Definitely recommend this to everyone.
Kiersten Modglin
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Renee’s latest book has it all: family secrets, mysteries around every corner, and the biggest twist at the root of it all. Renee manages to keep the reader on the edge of their seats with this novella. I never saw that ending coming! A suspenseful story with one chilling twist after the next. This book had me watching over my shoulder as I read! One of the most unique and exciting books I’ve read in a long time...
MAIS Lee
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Very fast pace, and with enough mystery and twists to give it a 5 star. After reading all the Crimson Falls books I will definetely continue with the author Rachel Renee, for her amazing writing!
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great story! Ella Dupont gets called back to her birthplace after leaving 20 years earlier. Find herself the owner of an old house and the heart of a young man. Ella falls in love, but is she willing to sacrifice everything for Crimson Falls? A surprise ending that I never saw coming!

Crimson Falls is a town where anything can happen and usually does.

MUST READ
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
~ A Bibliophile ❤📚
Karla K Thompson
A curse and a feud

I loved the ending. I did not expect it. It was a story well told and I truly enjoyed reading it.
Crystal Gray
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What did I just read?!?!? Family secrets at it's finest!
Christie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one!!! Reneé takes the reader back decades and while you’re reading, you feel like you’ve time traveled, too. I couldn’t put this one down and LOVED the ending!
Alison
Mar 12, 2019
Sara Snow
Mar 13, 2019
Rachel Renee
Mar 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Julia Harley
Judy Morris
Apr 06, 2019
Sandra (bookjunkee)
Apr 11, 2019
Rachel Renee, born and raised in and around Cincinnati, Ohio, finds herself residing with her family in the suburb of Loveland. After completing a degree in psychology and racking up thousands of dollars in debt, she decided to become a stay at home mom and homeschool her children, all the while working on her writing career. While she is not using her degree in the secular world she uses it on a ...more

Crimson Falls Novella (8 books)
  • Original Sin (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • All the Dark Corners (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Flawed Plan (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Returned Home (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Sight in the Dark (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • The Stranger in the Woods (A Crimson Falls Novella)
  • Little Girl Lost (Crimson Falls Novella)