Start by marking “Wolf Gone Wild (Stay A Spell, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Gone Wild (Stay A Spell, #1)

Wolf Gone Wild

(Stay a Spell #1)

What's the worst thing that can happen to a werewolf? Unable to shift for three months, Mateo Cruz knows all too well. His wolf has taken up residence in his head, taunting him night and day with vividly violent and carnal thoughts. Convinced he's cursed, he needs the help of a powerful witch before he literally goes insane.

Evie Savoie has always obeyed the house rules of
ebook
Published January 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Gone Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Gone Wild

Start your review of Wolf Gone Wild (Stay A Spell, #1)
Kat Valentine
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Big Bad Wolf is Hot!!

Werewolfs,witches ,vampires and a zombie cat oh! My!!!!
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Wolf Gone Wild is book one in a brand new series by Juliette Cross, Stay A Spell. In this series you are going to meet the Savoie sisters, a group of sisters that just happen to be witches who live in New Orleans.

Evie Savoie is a very talented and powerful witch. She spends her days helping out at the bar/restaurant her oldest sister, Jules owns, The Cauldron, and also at the shop her sister Clara owns, Mystic Maybelle’s. Evie was known as a hex breaker. She has a specific talent and has never
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Wolf Gone Wild is a new series from Juliette Cross. I’ve read a few of her other series and this one is a bit of a shift in tone and direction. It is much more on the romantic side of PNR and it’s a lot lighter, with more humor and pop culture references than the other series I’ve read by her.
“Wait a minute. You watched it once? So
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
3.5 A wolf wants what he wants stars

I have been waiting to get my hands on this one, the only problem is that I only liked it..not loved it, unfortunately. This being said I still highly recommend this book .

*What I loved:*
ALPHA! yeah! he was my favorite , freaking adored him
(some of his monologue in Mateo head made me laugh out loud )
"Hey. I can be gentle. Go get that red-haired witch, and I’ll show her how gently I can smack her ass."

"I wish you’d lose control of your dick, because my balls
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This is one of the hardest reviews I've ever had to write. I've been going back and forth, trying to figure out how to adequately capture just how freaking AMAZEBALLS this story was. How can I get you, my fellow reader, to fully understand the necessity of adding this book to your reading experience? How can I provide you with sufficient information to tempt you into taking the plunge, without giving too much of this story's SENSATIONAL goodness away? Juliette Cross will always be one of my ...more
Kat Valentine
Werewolfs,witches ,vampires and a zombie cat oh! My!!!!
Another fabulous read from Juliette cross and it's a twisty,snarky and full of awesome one liners with hot sexy paranormal male characters from Mateo who's a werewolf who's had a hex put on him so he can't shift to his wolf and is being drove crazy by Alpha his wolf spirt and all alpha cares about is fucking and fighting and of course he won't shut up for one moment!! Until Mateo goes to see evie a witch who breaks hex's! Mateo and evie
lazybookconqueror
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

And that means this was a solid read that I do recommend, but...

I'm was little confused by this book. I think that the central idea was great and that was what caught my attention in the blurb. But, there were some issues - So, I'm going to break down what I liked and what I didn't enjoy so much:

Loved:
The cover! It's truly gorgeous and gives you a beautiful magical vibe.

The main idea of having a different personality (wolf) in the MC's head is a nice way to twist a multiple personality
Aisling Zena
Dec 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
It comes out on my birthday!!

description
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Wolf Gone Wild is book one in Stay A Spell series by Juliette Cross. This is a brand new series by Ms. Cross and it’s different from her previous work in that it’s more light-hearted and fun. Not as intense or deep as her previous work.

Evie Savoie is a talented curse/hex breaker. She works at her sisters bar/restaurant and also her other sisters book shop. She’s a well rounded women who is full of life, but also has some insecurity’s about her art work; which her ex-boyfriend put into her head.
Marta Cox
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well this author has only gone and given us a Werewolf story that was funny, unbelievably sexy and full of interesting characters. Step forward Evie a Witch with an incredible family who as I write I desperately want to know more about. Oh and did I mention that Evie is obsessed with comics , sci fi and everything else that could delight my nerdy heart ! Evie is sweet but not shy although she’s about to meet not one but two absolutely jaw dropping hot guys or is she ?
Mateo is desperate to find a
Somia
3.75 Stars

Mateo Cruz's wolf is trapped, with one fierce hex and he needs the help of a witch before he gives into the violence driving is wolf (aka Alpha). Powerful witch, Evie Savoie has always obeyed the house rules of her coven--no werewolves, but when Mateo pleads for help, she cannot turn away. Together the two were cute, their chemistry clear - I just wanted a bit more sizzle and snap when it came to the heat and attraction between them.

The conversations between Alpha and Mateo had me
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Juliette Cross has always been a fan favorite of mine when it comes to kick ass heroines who really knows how to pack a punch and worse than sin lead heroes who are nonetheless pantying dropping hot. So obviously when she released "Wolf Gone Wild", I couldn't wait to get my grubby little hands on it to further immerse myself in the supernatural world she was able to create filled with witches, werewolves and vampires.

If you haven't already know, the story starts off with Mateo seeking out
Anne Z.
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will I ever not like a Juliette Cross book? No, no I won't!
Wolf Gone Wild was the perfect mixture of shifter glory, humor and sexiness.
Yes, 'shifter glory' is a thing. Go with it!

Evie and Mateo were absolutely adorable together. They had my heart from beginning to end.
Evie is a quirky, geeky, and good hearted witch that can't say no to those who need. I loved all the wonderful geeky references Juliette added to the book. It doesn't matter if you are or are not a fan of comics and star wars
NAT.orious reads ☽
Dec 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Did this get my attention because of its stunning cover? Yes.

Did it keep my attention due to the blurp? Also yes.

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Werewolfs,witches, hexes. Oh My!

Such a fun read, Wolf Gone Wild is book one in a brand new series by Juliette Cross, Within this series you are going to meet the Savoie sisters, that just happen to be witches who live in New Orleans.

Mateo Cruz has always had control over his wolf except during his shift. But something is blocking Mateo from being able to shift. What could it be?

As these two spend time together, they form a bond. Juliette Cross never fails to amaze me and that’s just what she did
Dísir
‘Wolf Gone Wild’ has an insanely attractive blurb, I’ll admit. A man who’s going insane with a wolf that’s barely leashed stumbling into a bar/restaurant asking a witch for help, when these two paths shall never cross? It’s sort of forbidden in a way, but Evie Savoie isn’t going to turn away a man in need.

Juliette Cross’s worldbuilding comes in early on: there’re long-lived supernatural beings littering the streets of New Orleans, each with their own coven, den or some other mysterious clan and
Sona Via
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I say Juliette Cross never, absolutely never fails me, just trust me on this. I don't know who you are and how you stumbled upon my Goodreads page, welcome, I AM TRASH for anything Juliette Cross. This queen floors me with every delicious PNR she creates. This crazy book is no exception. IT IS JUST WONDERFULLY YUMMY AS ALL OF HER WORKS.

So the story revolves around this crazy hot werewolf who is having the worse case of meltdown as it seems someone put a hella awkward hex on him. TO TOP IT,
Wendy
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think Juliette Cross will be my next favorite author! She can write about Angels and Demons, Vampires and Fairytales and now about Werewolfs and Witches. And the stories are all awesome! Mateo Cruz is a werewolf with a problem: he hasn't been able to shift for 3 months now and his Alpha is ready to break out of control. The conversations going on in his head with his Alpha are hilarious! But Mateo knows that if he doesn't get some help, his violent Alpha will take over and start killing ...more
Robin Bielman
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Mateo and Evie were magic together and their story fresh, exciting, romantic, and so fun! I laughed out loud (Mateo's Alpha cracked me up!), swooned, and am so happy there will be more books in this wonderful world!
Antonella
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wolf Gone Wild is the first book in a new fantasy series.
Mateo Cruz is a werewolf, who is looking for someone to break a hex that permits him to shift. And that someone is powerful hex -breaking witch Evie Savoie.
While Mateo is a loner wolf, Evie has a big family. She is one of six Savoie sisters. Each of them has special magic skills.
Even though they are hesitant at first to help a werewolf, soon all sister present Evie, Jules, Violet and Clara ( two are traveling) are helping Mateo.
In
Holly
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I’ve never read a werewolf romance, so I didn’t know what to expect, but this was SUPER fun. Even in the darkest moments, the conflict was external to the couple, who communicate about their feelings super well and consistently (which I love). Mateo was a total babe, and Evie and her awesome witch sisters were so cool. I absolutely adored the world building and I can’t wait for the rest of the series. This is perfect if you love: pop culture, witches, wolves, art—both sculptural and comic-based, ...more
CR
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is over the top with the snark and man does it work out well!! I loved every second of it and man do I need a finished copy. If you love the Vampire Diaries then I would totally check this one out. Even if you aren't I would still read it!! I you love witches and werewolves etc. With humor and romance this book was a total hit!! Great pacing and characters and I can't wait for the next one.
Joan
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-challange
If you love shape shifters and witches - this is a good book! Liked the chemistry between the characters, New Orleans as a setting is perfect. Enjoyable all around.
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Wolf Gone Wild by Juliette Cross is the first book in the Stay a Spell series and it was such a delightful read! Mateo Cruz is not your typical werewolf. He doesn't run with a pack; he's an introverted loner instead! Mateo thinks he was cursed by a witch because he's been unable to shift for the past 3 months. What's even crazier is that his inner wolf has taken residence in his head, always pushing him to act on his primal urges
Kira Simion
Dec 17, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: 2019, netgalley
I think one of my preferred erotic trope is the seduce me wolf one. I know I’m trash haha. Sorry not sorry...
Oh my....the author read my weird trope comment. I'll excuse myself....
Oh my god. I got approved for an ARC. Thank you Juliette Cross and Netgalley for providing me with an Ebook ARC in exchange for an honest review. I find myself immensely enjoying this kind of smut lol.
Carvanz
What a dirty thinking Alpha dog!!! I LOVED him!!!

When Mateo has a hex put on him, he is no longer able to shift into wolf form. As a result, his inner wolf, Alpha, is driving him crazy. His only hope is Evie Savoie. Her witchy specialty is removing hexes but it doesn’t take Mateo long to realize that just being in her presence soothes and quietens the beast within him.

description

I can’t express how much I absolutely loved Mateo as well as his raunchy, dirty talking sidekick, Alpha. Mateo was a bit shy,
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
I loved Evie and her uniquely talented self! Her siblings also ranged from sweet, to snarky, and one was quite bossy, but the close relationships were obvious from the start. Mateo was a real sweetheart as well, but all those rough and naughty edges?! Some of it was totally Mateo, but I can easily point a finger to Alpha, Mateo’s wolf! Alpha was exactly as his name implied-a bad boy...well, wolf... and he had the naughtiness down pat!

So many details and twists...I don’t want to ruin anything so
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
This new series by Juliette Cross is a big winner. There is no question about Juliette’s undeniable talent to writing likable characters and a great story line.

Stay A Spell series is about a witch coven of sisters and their HEAs. In Wolf Gone Wild we’re treated to Evie and Mateo’s love story. Evie is the star witch of this tale and Mateo is the sexy and forbidden werewolf. It was quite charming to watch them two interact. Very upbeat and meant to leave you with a smile on your face.

I

Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

The cover of Wolf Gone Wild is what initially drew my attention, but it was the characters that kept me turning the pages. I felt a connection with Evie, and was sympathetic towards Mateo. About halfway through, I just wanted to know who'd cursed Mateo and why (honestly this part was a little underwhelming).
Laurie
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
4.0 Wild Wolftastic Stars! This was my first NetGalley accepted request and I'm please to say it was a pleasurable reading experience. In more ways than one if you catch my drift. It seems quite appropriate that a sexy romance novel popped my NetGalley cherry. Thanks so much to author Juliette Cross for being my first.

So in short synopsis style we have Mateo Cruz a galley owner/artist who spends his days as a metalworker and his full moon nights as a Werewolf. Except Mateo cannot shift into his
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Request to connect my new book to series 11 25 Jan 13, 2020 12:57PM

• 99 Percent Mine
  • My Favorite Half-Night Stand
  • Autoboyography
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Love Lettering
  • I've Got Your Number
  • The Kissing Game
  • The Widow of Rose House
  • The Undomestic Goddess
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • Loki Ascending (Viking Warriors, #3)
  • To Be Taught, If Fortunate
  • The Bone Houses
JULIETTE is a multi-published author of paranormal and fantasy romance & the co-host of the podcast, Smart Women Read Romance. She is represented by Rachel Brooks at BookEnds Literary Agency. She is a native of Louisiana, living in the heart of Cajun land with her husband, four kids, black lab named Kona, and kitty, Betty. When she isn’t working on her next project, she enjoys binge-watching ...more

Stay a Spell (2 books)
  • Don't Hex and Drive (Stay a Spell, #2)
“Man and beast needed to be near her, and there was nothing in the wide world I could do to deny it. Her proximity was all I needed.” 2 likes
“Wait a minute. You watched it once? So you’ve seen one Star Wars movie? And that’s it?” 2 likes