Start by marking “Delish Insane Sweets: Bake Yourself a Little Crazy: 100+ Cookies, Bars, Bites, and Treats” as Want to Read:

The first dessert recipe collection from the editors of the wildly popular site and magazine, Delish

The editors of Delish.com know one thing for sure: ANYONE can bake an amazing dessert. Crammed with surprising ideas for treats that are both fun and easy, the wildly popular brand’s second cookbook features 100 recipes: new classics and reader favorites that have been shar
Published October 15th 2019 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about Delish Insane Sweets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delish Insane Sweets

Start your review of Delish Insane Sweets: Bake Yourself a Little Crazy: 100+ Cookies, Bars, Bites, and Treats
karen
Sep 20, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: eats
november 2020 update:

i made loaded peanut butter blondies

they were spectacular.

i made peanut butter stuffed cookies!

peanut butter cookies stuffed with...peanut butter. best day ever.

i made ultimate snickerdoodles!

however, the recipe was meant to make 13 GIANT snickerdoodles, but i had many mouths to feed, so instead i made 4 1/2 dozen normal-sized snickerdoodles, and lemme tell you, i've never had any kind of feelings about snickerdoodles before, but these were amazing. and it's a good thing i m
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)

Many thanks to Bridget at HMH for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

I made sugar cookies from this book in my latest booktube video!!

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Regina Spiker
Delicious, easy baked goods - this book made me purchase my own copy! Lots of full color pictures on one side and recipe on the other. S'more skillet cookies, S'mores poke brownies, Cinnamon roll cookies, Snickers-stuffed cookies, Cherry chip cookies, Death by chocolate skillet brownies are only a few of over 100 recipes to make you drool!
Nic
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
I have made two recipes from this book so far: Death By Chocolate Cookies (the first recipe in the book) and the peppermint frosted brownes with Andes mints (I forget the actual name of the recipe). Both were delicious, and lots of the other recipes look great, too. I got this book out of the library, but I might have to buy it!
Alissa
Oct 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Picked Delish Insane Sweets up from our New Book Shelf so I'd have something to browse during break, and I totally need to go home and make something yummy. Like NOW!! Because dude!!

Gotta say it... This book has everything to satisfy even the most refined sweet tooth! Cookies, Cupcakes, brownies... You're craving it, it's probably in here! Along with some tasty noms you didn't even know existed. Guaranteed! While some treats are borderline obnoxious (the cupcakes filled with sprinkles seem a bi
Cait | GoodeyReads
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
We've loved the multiple desserts we've made from this book! Wish it didn't include using boxes of cake mix etc. and was all homemade 🤷🏻‍♀️ (We just made our own mixes and included it in the recipes).
Linda
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great photos and directions
Rachel Patterson
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
really good recipes but disappointed that quite a few of them rely on box cake mixes as a base
Amy
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YUMMO! I think I gained 10 pounds just looking [and possibly drooling] over all of these recipes!

There are recipes for cookies, bars, cookie cups, cupcakes, a cake, skillet cookies / brownies, brownies, and more!

For each recipe, there is a color photograph, and full recipe with step-by-step instructions. There is a box that provides "Total Time" and "Makes" (how many). The recipes are all easy to follow (I ended up photocopying a few things, because I borrowed this from my local public library)
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome desert cookbook! The recipes are unique; there is a good mix of super easy to mid-level skill recipes. There is a photo for every recipe and each recipe is on one page.

My faves are the cookies and brownies. There’s a good mix of from scratch and from mix recipes in both sections. Highlights are strawberry brownies, cookie and milk shots and Moscow mule cupcakes (yep, they even do some boozy baking!). The recipes are clear, the tone is light and a little snarky, and there are s
emyrose8
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookin
I immediately want to go bake all the carmelly, chocolatey, cheesecakey recipes in this book. The recipes are easy to follow, well laid-out, and best yet, all of them have a close up picture of tasty treat. Cookies, bars, cupcakes, skillet, and even crockpot bakes. Some recipes include box mixes in the ingredients list and others do everything from scratch. It’s a book for all levels of baking expertise!
Rebecca
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Pictures of recipes? Yes.
Commentary on recipes? Yes.
Nutrition facts? No.
Recipe Style? American desserts, of all types.
Any keepers? Yes.

I really love how short and simple Delish recipes usually are. I didn't like how some of the recipes relied on boxed mixes, but that's just my personal issue. Same reason why I don't make recipes that call for canned cream of whatever soup. Still, this was an enjoyable book that is certainly worth a look.
Cynthia
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My kind of cookbook! But I am partial to baking cookie and bar desserts. YUM!

Each easy to follow recipe includes ingredients found in most kitchens. They are accompanied by dazzling and colorful, full page photos of the finished product. The recipes are your basics with new twists. I'll be trying these two first: S'Mores Skillet Cookie and Santa's Trash Cookies.

Delish Insane Sweets is a welcome addition to my cookbook library!
Morgan
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
These aren't recipes meant to hone any fancy pastry skills, but they are the ones you'll want around for parties, potlucks, and Wednesday night cravings. As with the other offerings from Delish, I personally appreciate the simplicity and shortcuts - it makes even the more over-the-top desserts feel within reach.
Katherine
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow-what a great cookbook. It covers only 3 of the essential great desserts or snacks: cookies, brownies, and cupcakes. Each recipe is well written and easy to follow, and has an accompanying picture. There are also helpful hints to make these delicious desserts even more delectable. Guaranteed to pack the pounds on!
Janet
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I loved the other Delish cookbook so I couldn’t wait to see their dessert book. I checked it from the library so I will have to buy a copy. I made the cherry chocolate chip cookies and they were a big hit with family and friends.
Emily Wells
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks, 2020-nf
This book gave me sweet cravings that I didn’t know I had before the moment I turned the page. Like Fluffernutter Blondies?! Um, yes please and thank you! So many sweet recipes, all with enticing photos, and very doable looking recipes. This girl will be making a few of these for sure!
Natalie
Insane is right-every recipe is over the top, but simple enough in execution that I don't feel intimidated in making each pretty. You don't need much frosting skill, just hours and hours to assemble every later.
I'm assuming, since I still need to try a recipe...
Rachel Rogers
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Haven't tried any of these yet but have had mixed luck with Delish recipes in the past. Lots of cute and clever ideas - and a few recipes that sound utterly revolting and make-my-teeth-hurt sweet. Still the Sorting Hat cupcakes and Owl cupcakes are now definitely on our to be made list.
Jocelin
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Such yummy recipes! If you are a baker then this cookbook is definitely for you! Yum!
Lyndsi
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait to try these recipes.
Lisa
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want everything in this book. Great setup, delicious pictures, and easy to follow recipes.
Jenni
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh the pictures and the sugar rush just by looking at them!!!
Sharon Simpson
Fun, Not Every Day

It’s a fun cookbook. But it’s over the top. I also thought there were too many packaged ingredients. Helpful for a shortcut but the flavors are often synthetic.
Erin Halsey
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great, not crazy, recipes - I suspect we will actually try at least half of them! Brenna is excited and has marked her pages of interest already.
Ashley
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So many great recipes!
Emerald
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Some great, classic, and fairly simple dessert recipes.
Janet
Mar 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
I think I went into diabetic shock a few times reading this book, but I did find a few recipes worth saving, like the Chocolate Snickerdoodles and the Insanely Soft Ginger-Molasses Cookies.
Beka
Jul 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
True to form, everything in this book really does look insanely delicious and over the top. Yum!

• Martha Stewart's Cookie Perfection: 100+ Recipes to Take Your Sweet Treats to the Next Level: A Baking Book
  • Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: More Than 125 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods: A Cookbook
  • The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier
  • Tasty Latest and Greatest: Everything You Want to Cook Right Now (an Official Tasty Cookbook)
  • Weeknight Baking: Time-Saving Recipes to Make Any Night of the Week
  • Modern Comfort Food: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
  • Magnolia Table, Volume 2: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering
  • Rachael Ray 50: Memories and Meals from a Sweet and Savory Life
  • Hello, Cookie Dough: 110 Doughlicious Confections to Eat, Bake & Share
  • From Freezer to Cooker: Delicious Whole-Foods Meals for the Slow Cooker, Pressure Cooker, and Instant Pot: A Cookbook
  • Love and Death Among the Cheetahs (Her Royal Spyness #13)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Tasty Every Day: All of the Flavor, None of the Fuss (An Official Tasty Cookbook)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • The Governess of Penwythe Hall (Cornwall, #1)
  • Torn (Whiskey Sharp, #3)

News & Interviews