Start by marking “Only the Beginning (Only You, #4)” as Want to Read:
Only the Beginning (Only You, #4)

Only the Beginning (Only You, #4)

I’m the darling of Australian TV. A good-girl actress with a spotless record. Or at least, that’s what I let the public believe. But what I do behind closed doors would shock them all. I’m a far cry from the girl next door I play on their screens each night.

Riley Clarke knows that better than anyone.

I loved him once, but for the past ten years, all we’ve done is f**k and
Published April 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Only the Beginning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only the Beginning

it.sgottabethebooks
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By Elle Thorpe
4.5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐🌟
Release date April 25

Elle Thorpe brings us Riley and Bianca’s story. I love how characters are mentioned in previous books but this book can be read as a standalone

Riley and Bianca have a love/hate relationship. Their chemistry is apparent to anyone that reads the book. There is a fine line between love and hate and these two are prime examples of that.

Elle Thorpe writes a sweet book of two people who are meant to be together despite all the arguing and differences in the
Treasa
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Plagued by EMOTIONS!❤
Tears, angst and gripping drama spins a beautifully written story that I could not put down. I cried, I was ticked the heck off and I was enraptured throughout the engrossing twists and heart pounding drama that gave me all the feels and more you can always expect in any of Elle's amazing reads and this one is no exception taking pieces of your heart getting into your mind and leaving your breathless with a fulfilling smile that makes it worth every impacting inescapable emo
Phyl
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New to me author. This is everything I love in a book.
Single dad, Enemies to lover and Second chance romance. So angsty and drama filled. I loved it. Bianca and Riley‘s relationship status is complicated. They have chemistry and you can feel they love each other but there’s just seems to be something stopping them from being together.
They really need to sort their shit out because as a couple they’re so in sync with each other I could have cried. I enjoyed it all, the fighting, the insane sexu
Karen Sedgman
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Only The Beginning was so good! There is so much history, and so much love, hate between Bianca and Riley! Love everything about this story and the other characters from other books being part of this!
Sharing My
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Elle Thorpe, I definitely enjoyed it. I had such a hard time putting it down to sleep at night. I loved how strong and confident Bianca was. I adored Riley! He was devoted to his daughter, and to Bianca even though they didn't always see eye to eye. There was no denying their intense chemistry, but they both knew a relationship was more than just sex. I kept rooting for Riley and Bianca throughout the book, and hoped they could work their issues out and see th ...more
Amanda
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Only the Beginning by Elle Thorpe is the fourth book in her Only You series. This installment gives us the history of Riley and Bianca and explores their intense relationship.

"I wanted her to know that no matter what the hell had happened or would happen in the future - she was mine."

Bianca and Riley have spent the past ten years fighting and having angry sex. They have finally decided enough is enough and either need to give each other up or give t
Louise O'Reilly
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Only the Beginning is the 4th book in the Only You series and I could not put it down. Riley and Bianca have had a battling on again and off again relationship for the past 10 years; when they are forced together to help one of their best friends, they have to put aside their anger and frustrations towards each other, which puts them right back into each other’s paths.

Turning all their emotions into the familiar chemistry they always knew they possessed they continue to fight for their happy end
Nancy Reads
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONLY THE BEGINNING is a continuation of Elle Thorpe's ONLY YOU Series. They all can be read as standalone books, but the characters are wonderful. So start with ONLY THE POSITIVE if you want to enjoy the entire series. Each of the books have a uniquely different romance story.

ONLY THE BEGINNING is a very complicated love/hate romance. Riley Clarke & Bianca James relationship has been in limbo for the past ten years. They have a chemistry that is off the charts. They had a magnetic pull towa
Barbara
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gotta love a book with a strong sassy woman in the lead and a macho male that has a soft side. Well at least I do. I have been waiting on Bianca and Riley’s story. These two have chemistry out the wazoo but fight like cats and dogs. The book is very well written and the author has done an outstanding job of giving us characters that we get to know to the point they feel like family. We can feel and sympathise with everything they go through: the good, the bad, the sweet and of course the romanti ...more
Clare Harrison
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ten years of passion between them. Of fighting, arguing and acting like horny teenagers.

Now she wants more. She wants the hearts and flowers not just bedroom gymnastics.

Their past can never be forgotten but for two completely different reasons.

They are different people now than when they originally met. Does that matter? can they start a fresh?

I've loved each of the books in this interconnecting series and this book continues that theme.

I secretly prayed and hoped they could get their act toget
Siansreadingadventure
Only The Beginning by Elle Thrope
Only You #4

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Only the Beginning, and of that I’m very grateful. Release Date; 23/04/19! It will not disappoint.

“It was as close to a new beginning as we were going to get.”

Damn, this book was AMAZING! I knew from the moment we meet Bianca and Riley in Only the Positive that it would be good, and it did not disappoint. Elle is fast becoming one of my fav authors, and this book just solidifies that! Its beautifully written and
~lil maso~
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New to me author. This is everything I love in a book.

I loved it.

I enjoyed it all, the fighting, the insane sexual a
Lattes_n_literature
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know when you open an Elle Thorpe book you’re about to dive into something amazing. So, grab a snack and get comfy, because once you start you won’t want to stop. This book was flawless and addictive; I devoured it in a day

Only the Beginning is about Riley and Bianca who we meet in ‘Only the Positive’. As we have seen over the past few books their relationship had been anything but easy. Life, circumstances, and a bit of stubbornness seemed to get in the way. But the chemistry and attraction
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to Riley and Bianca’s story for a while and this DID NOT disappoint. It was everything I could have asked for and more.

Riley and Bianca dated once in their twenties, but when someone from Riley’s past came back into his life their relationship change and they went from dating to more of enemies with benefits. They saw each other frequently, due to their mutual friends, but it usually ending up in them fighting with one another.

There is no denying that Riley and Bian
There Their and They're
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was perfection.
But talk about an emotional roller coaster.

These two fight with all they have. Fight for them. Fight for what's best for the other. Fight all the negativity that comes their way. Fight for a fresh start. And i was right there fighting with them.

I just wanted it to work out and every twist and turn was so frustrating, because they were made for each other. What more could their worlds throw at them?

But loved the story and it was perfect, well written, easy reading.
Heidi Mensch
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elle Thorpe continues to amaze me with her writing. For being a new author, I am continually in awe of the words she puts to page. Each book in her Only You series is unique and enthralling and Only the Beginning is all that and more.

Only the Beginning has a mixture of some of favorite troupes: second chance, enemies to lovers, single dad; all mixed together for a five star read. This happens to be one of my favorite second chance stories I have read in a long time.

Although you do not necessaril
Sarah Lehman
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th story in the Only series and can be read as a standalone. Oh my word, this was such an emotional roller coaster but brilliant! I felt so much with this story. Bianca & Riley had been on & off for years and when trouble came they had to put their differences aside & learn how to work with each other. This was another great story from Elle.
V Meade
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read all 4 books in the Only You series and seriously each one is better than the next. I love love love Riley and Bianca. Yes, there were moments when I wanted to slap one or both of them, but when two stubborn people are fighting their feelings for very different reasons. Add in some confusion 10 years ago and again now and then throw in a fifteen year old daughter and lots of paparazzi....what can go wrong?

Highly recommend the series and Only the Beginning!!!
Tara Lee
OMG!

This book was wow. Riley and Bianca were perfect. I loved the backgroud of them and how it took them so long to get their act together.
It was a fairytale romance with some drama. Every twist and turn made you gasp out loud. The sexy scenes were a bonus and had you captivted. Every page had me craving more this story was an epic love story.
I didnt want it to end everything about this story was amazing! A second chance romance with a single dad everything you want in a love story.
booksiflove
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Only the Beginning is the 4th book in the Only Series by Elle Thorpe.

This is an enemy to lovers (2nd chance) romance, and it definitely has all the feels in this. I shed a few tears a few times while reading, and there are some hot scenes in it as well.

Loved the book, loved the interaction with the other couples. I can totally recommend this series to you!!!

I kindly received an arc for an honest review
A Book Obsessed Brit
Only the beginning is Bianca and Riley's story, I have been waiting to read their tale since the series began with Only the Positive. These two were all over each other back in book one and as we move forward through the series we know that things are not all rainbows and sparkles. There is tension and Bianca and Riley can't seem to do anything but fight and fuck; but their chemistry has always leaped off the page.

Firstly this novel starts with an opening line that made me chuckle and think Yes
Angela's Book Addiction
*** 4.5 Stars ***

Only the Beginning (Only You #4) by Elle Thorpe is a contemporary, enemies to lovers, second chance romance told in first person, dual POV. As the fourth book in a series of interconnected standalones, it's not necessary to read the others first but I would definitely recommend doing so. Having knowledge about previous characters makes for a richer experience when they reappear in later books.

Australian soap star, Bianca, and single dad, Riley, have a complicated past. Formerly
Kathy Rouchelle
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two people working together fall in love and then a curve ball is thrown at them and they split, well she lets him go. Ten years later, an actress and a carpenter who share the same friends and have a turbulent yet hot non-relationship. The problem with these two is...they never TALK to each other..they never did TALK to each other because if they had, they wouldn't have lost so much time together. Brianna "BB" James is the hot actress on an evening soap opera type television show in Australia. ...more
Lissanne
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story about two people in love, but for different reasons are unable to make it work. Bianca is a household name thanks to her decade long lead role on a famous Australian TV show. Riley is a carpenter who became a father at sixteen. Because they have the same small circle of close friends, they are part of each other's lives, and all they do when they're around each other is fight or rip each other's clothes off, sometimes both.

Riley has loved Bianca for ten years, but he'
Keely
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn it, Bianca and Ryder. I waited for their story since I started this series. It seems like forever ago. Now I can rest my pretty little heart, because it’s finally content.

So,this is book 4 of the Only You series. Trust me, if you haven’t read the first three then you must do so. Ryder and Bianca have a history and by history I mean 10 years of loving and fighting. Okay, here’s the break down. About 10 years ago, Ryder and Bianca was in a committed relationship. They were good together and
♣Bel♣
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Elle Thorpe is becoming one of my favorite authors! I absolutely adored this. When I wasn’t reading, I couldn’t stop thinking about Riley and Bianca and their story. I read Only the Negatives at the beginning of this year and was instantly intrigued by B and R, so when I found out they were getting their own novel, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. And it was everything I wanted and more!!! Honestly, I’m still screaming at those steamy scenes. So so good!!

I also really enjoyed th
Gail
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW..Just WOW! what a amazing read. I don't think I have read anything by Elle Thorpe before.. That is going to have t change now. This book had it all.. and a couple of my faves when looking into books.. I LOVE enemies to lovers and second chance romance's... and this also had the single dad concept... <--BONUS!
Riley and Bianca (BB James) have had this on again / off again, love / hate relationship for going on the better part of 10 years, they have this amazing chemistry (when they don't w
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew from the moment we met Bianca and Riley in Only the Positive that their story would be epic and it did not disappoint! It was everything I could have asked for and wanted and a whole lot more. This story was beautifully written and full of heart, passion, drama, angst and pure unadulterated love.

I loved Bianca and Riley's story. There were some surprising twists and turns amping up the dramatic tension. Full of witty dialogue, sizzling and undeniable chemistry, and full of emotion - this
Sandra Loves Reading
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story!!!
Bianca and Riley have had a rocky relationship for ten years. But they can't stay away from one another. Until the harsh words start and they're back to fighting. And so the cycle begins again.
Riley's a soap actress and is happy with her lot as it keeps her near home and Riley. He's dad to a fifteen year old daughter, who comes to live permanently with him when her mother's circumstances change.
As Bianca and Riley work on actually getting together and staying toge
AnneKR
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!

I couldn’t wait to read about Bianca & Riley! They’ve known each other for a long time & dated until Bianca broke his heart. Years later Riley is now a single father & Bianca is a popular actress. They still get on each other’s nerves but always fall back into bed together. Jealousy & longing finally convince the two to give their relationship another go. But after a scandal nearly breaks down Bianca & causes problems with Riley & his daughter, will they decide t
Elle Thorpe lives on the sunny east coast of Australia, about an hour out of Sydney. When she's not writing stories full of kissing and chemistry, she's a wife, and Mummy to three tiny humans. She's also official ball thrower to one slobbery dog named Rollo. Yes, she named a female dog after a male character on Vikings. Don't judge her. Elle is a complete and utter fangirl at heart, obsessing over ...more