Start by marking “A Perfect Lie” as Want to Read:

A Perfect Lie

Secrets. Lies. A man. There's always a man. And there's always a truth to be told.

Published May 14th 2019 by Julie Patra Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Lie

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! A Perfect Lie (stand-alone). Daughter of politician finds herself in midst of intrigue, conspiracy & murder one time too many!

***
Kink: | LOW FOCUS |
Romance: | MEDIUM FOCUS |
Sex frequency: | LOW FOCUS |
Suspense: | HIGH FOCUS |

ARC provided to me by aut
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Wow! This woman’s brain and mad writing skills are amazing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This book was awesome. From the way she give us hints through the past about what is going on, she slowly draws you in and crafts this story that could be ripped from the headlines.

In a time where politics are constantly in our conversations, this book is a timely story that is twisted and a bit dark, but so damn good!

We all have that best friend that pushes us to do things we may not want to. Break down the barrie
Carvanz
Holy heck! I loved this book! This is suspense as it should be!

description

Hailey Monroe lives a life full of lies, deception and mystery. As the future First Daughter, she has been groomed to be the good girl and the perfect daughter of the man who would be president. When an accident during her high school years leaves her heart broken but unable to grieve, she does not find solace within the love of her father. Instead, her destiny continues onwards as only destiny can because ultimately one cannot chang
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great little mind twister this was. I enjoy following along a story where you have to piece together a puzzle and Hailey's retelling of her past had you doing exactly that.

This reads almost like a journal but better. She starts out the chapters in present time with a little bit of thought that has you wondering what is about to come, then she reverts to the past. You then read the past as if it is the present time. I'm not a big fan of time jumping back and forth but the way this story w
Chloe
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
4 1/2 stars

Hailey, is the daughter of Presidential candidate, Thomas Frank Monroe and they have a tumultuous relationship as a result of a tragic accident in their past . Thomas portrays the perfect father with a perfect family and has groomed Hailey to be the perfect daughter in the public eye while cleaning up the mess that Hailey lands up in private but will the secrets and lies surrounding them finally prove to be their undoing ?
A Perfect Lie is a well written story of greed and power with l
Dana-Adriana B.
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Poor Hailey, what a life. This is a nice thriller, I really enjoyed it.
Thank you Netgalley for this copy.
Lisa Jones
May 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

𝗔 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗟𝗜𝗘 𝗜𝗦 𝗔𝗩𝗔𝗜𝗟𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗡𝗢𝗪!

𝗕𝗨𝗬 𝗔 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗟𝗜𝗘 𝗡𝗢𝗪
Nook → http://bit.ly/2MrIqB5

𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗔 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗟𝗜𝗘

May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 "Twisty" Stars

Hailey has been groomed since birth to be not only the perfect daughter, but the future First Daughter. Her father has always had political aspirations and began planning her legal and political path from day one. Her destiny was predetermined. But her father couldn't forsee everything and had no idea the tragedy that would befall them both. When it did, instead of pulling his daughter close, he distanced her, unless it was a photo-op of course. Hailey tells this story from t
Nadine Bookaholic
Unlike anything else Lisa Renee Jones has written. Is a lie a lie if you believe it to be true? That is the ultimate question!

If you are a fan of Lisa Renee Jones you need to throw out every preconceived notion you have before you being this book, this is not a Romantic Suspense, not erotica, there's no hearts and flowers or rainbows and sunshine in this story. This is totally different from anything she has written before, it's even different from her Lilah Love Series.

I have to admit this is
4 1/2 "Twisty" Stars

Lou
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read a couple of Lisa Renee Jones's novels in the past and found they weren't for me as I don't find romantic suspense particularly appealing. However, this, her first foray into full thriller territory was much more enjoyable and was a surprisingly compulsive read. That said, there is some romance but the main bulk of the plot is suspense-based. The writing engages you pretty much straight away and it's fast-paced and immersive with more than a few twists in the tale along the way. I mus ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
Intricate and complex, A Perfect Lie was mesmerizing. With a focus on the mystery, Jones gives us a story more in the vein of her Lilah Love Series. The web she constructed was tightly woven, giving us so much to think about. The questions kept piling up and with an unreliable narrator, I had a hard time putting the pieces together. I enjoyed the contrast between Hailey’s vulnerability and strength. Her flaws made her even more endearing. I was concerned for her and wondering how things would pl
Escape into a Booksite
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4.5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first Lisa Renee Jones book, and it won't be my last. This suspense storyline kept my wondering all the way to the end as to what was going to happen.

I was thrown as to what was actually happening with our main character. She was probably a little too whingey at some points, but for the most part, she was pretty easy to connect with and stay intrigued by.

Hell if I knew how things were going to play out. So many char
Shelli
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
****4.5 Stars**** This was a real page turner, full of mystery and suspense. It kept me wondering and guessing, through the whole book. Hailey played the part of the perfect political daughter, the future First Daughter, whose entire life has been in the public eye. But there are secrets and mysteries surrounding her, questions that need answering, things that don't make sense or add up. It kept me reading almost non stop, I had to know what really happened, what the story was. I would definitel ...more
Kahea
***4 Stars***

I don’t typically read straight mystery/suspense novels, normally they fall under the romantic suspense umbrella, but the cover (the one on NG) and the blurb ~ the way it fucked with my mind (which was kind of cool considering it was just the blurb) peaked my interest and I have to say that this read totally did my mind in (in the best of ways, of course) and left me in that weird and wonderful realm of being satisfied and yet still questioning what was truth and what was the lie.
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Lisa Renee Jones is known for her steamy, complex novels with larger than life characters and their seductive relationships. But A Perfect Lie was a whole new level of complicated. A psychological thriller that will have your mind racing with its twists and turns and that will leave you breathless, I had a very difficult time putting this intriguing story down.

‘If a lie is a perfect lie, the kind that is undetectable to the human eyes, does it even coun
Sharon
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a bit on the fence with this one. At times there are glimpses of the brilliance of The Secret Life of Amy Benson and Careless Whispers which both had memory issues in the heroine that were amazing, but I felt there were too many loose ends for this to get a 5 star rating.

While I enjoyed the overall story, there were times that I felt the 'now' glimpses were taking away from the main story. This story was told as a series of flashbacks intermixed with more of a present day type story telling
Coco.V
Apr 29, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
I wasn't sure what to expect walking into this thriller but whichever way, I somehow felt myself surprised with this read. At first I wasn't sure if it was going to be my cup of tea as it starts with an almost journal-ish like start where we are in Hailey's mind as she starts to tell us her story. It's when we get into this story that things pick up and hooks me.

She's an unreliable narrator who keeps losing pockets of time that seems to correspond to drinking a drink or two only so of course the
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off I want to say that I am a Lisa Renee Jones fan and have been since the very first book I read. She has always been my "one click no matter what" author so of course I didn't hesitate to read this one even though it is very different from her "normal" books being a psychological thriller and while it took me a minute to switch gears so to speak from what I normally read from her to this one, her writing never disappoints. This one definitely keeps you enthralled from the beginning and m ...more
Amy
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Thrilling Stars!

“Bad memories take up good time that should have been shared.”

From the moment I picked up this book, I was instantly swept up in the web of A Perfect Lie. I was totally intriuged by Hailey’s story was desperate to find some answers. I had no idea what was really going on with her; only that I had to know more. The deeper I fell into Hailey’s story the more lost I was. Just as I thought I was putting the puzzle together, the rug would once again be pulled out from me.

A Perfect L
Tyi
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been awhile since I've read a book by this author. I'm glad I took the plunge and read A Perfect Lie. I loved how the author set the stage for the reader. There was so many lies, betrayals, and spilled blood.

I loved Hailey's character as being the future first daughter. I didn't know what role she played in the lies being told. This alone had me flipping the pages faster.
BellaorevBooks
By Lisa Renee Jones
2.5 🌟
ARC ebook version

This was my first book from Lisa Renee Jones. It’s a suspense / Thriller read which is one of my favorite genres but unfortunately this one miss the mark for me. I couldn’t feel any connection with the main character Hayley Anne Monroe.

It took me multiple times to try and finish this story. The pace is very slow and revolves around Hayley strain relationship with her dad; which is running for the Presidency. Her having to do some question
Nadine
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A Perfect Lie is the story of the future first daughter, Hailey, as she struggles with her strained relationship with her father, the pressure associated with a family member running for the presidential office, and the mysterious disappearance of her best friend. Unfortunately, I didn’t enjoy A Perfect Lie as much as I wanted to because of the slow pace of the novel and a rather ineffective main character.

The pace of this novel in incredible slow. Readers follow Hailey as she lives her life da
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
And our author is back in force with a signature book! Lisa Renee Jones is known for her gift of weaving suspenseful, thrilling stories that keep you at the edge of your seats. Her plot twists keep us invested in her stories, none like what she is offering us with this book ~ A Perfect Lie.

Guilt. It stays with you. No matter how you try to rationalize it, guilt remains when you are the sole survivor and someone you love and depend on has died. Hailey has had close calls facing death.
Throughout
AJ's book-reMarks
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story will have you questioning everything you thought you knew, questioning your morals & values. It will leave you looking at your parental relationships, why we do what we do, it also looks at guilt and poetic justice.
Tianna✸loves books✸
Mar 14, 2019 marked it as pass
Shelves: arc, not-my-type
Not for me.
Zita
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting thought-provoking diversion…

The subject of this story is Hailey Anne Monroe, she’s twenty-eight years old, the daughter of a ruthless politician with presidential aspirations and from the time of her birth she’s been groomed or better said “programmed” to be the perfect “First Daughter”. She has a story to relate that can only now be made public as those most intricately involved with the exception of herself are dead.

To whom you were born to sets the stage for your life and you
Sandy S
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 14, 2019

I'm Hailey Anne Monroe. I’m twenty-eight years old. An artist, who found her muse on the canvas because I wasn’t allowed to have friends or even keep a journal. And yes, if you haven’t guessed by now, I’m that Hailey Anne Monroe, daughter to Thomas Frank Monroe, the man who was a half-percentage point from becoming President of the United States. If you were able
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
What the hell did I just read?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This night be the best twisty, turny book that I have read in a long time!!! Lisa Renee Jones is known for twisty books, but this one.... And the ending.... O.M.G.... It totally messed with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This book was so good and so needed in my life. Oh, and I was so team Harvard. He was perfect for Hailey.

Okay, this is all you are getting from me for a review. If I gave you anything more, you all would kill me!!! If you love twisty, turny books,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT series. Suzanne Todd (producer of Alice in Wonderland) on the INSIDE OUT series: Lisa has created a beautiful, complicated, and sensual world that is filled with intrigue and suspense. Sara’s character is strong, flawed, complex, and sexy - a modern girl we all can identify with.

In add